Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The_Doctor posted:

Hopefully they’ll take away the knowledge that non-G1 haslabs are good too, and they’ll finally do the Animated Omega Supreme. :yaycat:

If not for all the Titans we've seen lately, having them be Haslabs would make a lot of sense. Add in electric features, some that can walk etc.

With how many end up going on sale and people waiting for that it's probably hurt chances of a big Haslab Titan type figure.

Besides, do we really need one if they can do retail so well as it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm hoping Titan Rail Racer for the size class at some point. Gimme some big ol trains.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Haslab Tripredacus please

I know it would never happen but
Please?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I mean they're doing Magmatron so I wouldn't rule it out.

Also that Prime honestly seems a safer bet than like even Deathsaurus and Star Saber despite them being funded. The fact RID was actually on TV over here I bet helps it for sure. Again, I have no nostalgia for it but I'm glad it's doing well for those who did back it.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

the power of G1 nostalgia wanes, we become more and more irrelevant.
Good. I want WFC Trypticon already :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Working out details for my own TF universe and I swear to god I'll find a way to have the Aerialbots turn into real planes and gain some drat visual interest if it kills me.

I made the Dinobots all different colors, and so help me, I'll do it again.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The last of the leaks - seems like they're doing a Thirteen Primes theme for the next phase after Legacy:

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Solus Prime
Product Number: G0122

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Air Raid
Product Number: G0123

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Fireflight
Product Number: G0124

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Animated Wasp
Product Number: G0125

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Alchemist Prime
Product Number: G0126

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Crasher PR
Product Number: G0127

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Swindle
Product Number: G0128

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Micronus
Product Number: G0129

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Venom
Product Number: G0130

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Sky Dive
Product Number: G0131

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Slingshot
Product Number: G0132

Tra Gen Prime Voy Prima
Product Number: G1007

Tra Gen Prime Voy Armada Red Alert
Product Number: G1008

Tra Gen Prime Voy Rescue Bots Heatwave
Product Number: G1018

Tra Gen Prime Voy RID Skybyte
Product Number: G1019

Tra Gen Prime Voy Alpha Trion
Product Number: G1020

Tra Gen Prime Voy Flatline
Product Number: G1021

Tra Gen Prime LDR The Fallen
Product Number: G0486

Tra Gen Prime LDR G2 Grimlock
Product Number: G0487

Tra Gen Prime LDR Onyx Prime
Product Number: G0488

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Deluxe Micronus Prime seems to be misunderstanding the assignment.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Admittedly I'm kind of a secondary to a lot of Transformers fiction but I gotta ask: Does anyone care about the 13 Primes? Is there a single person in this world who's favorite character is fuckin Alchemist Prime?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Deluxe Micronus Prime seems to be misunderstanding the assignment.

Would be stepping on Nexus Prime's* toes a little but maybe have him be a combiner made of several Mini-Con sized bots

*do wonder how they'll do him, will he be a full sized combiner**, a core class combiner, or have him be a Power Core Combiner style one with a central robot and drones for his limbs

**interestingly one of Nexus Prime's components(Heatwave) shares a name with one of the characters coming up in this line, Rescue Bots Heatwave, probably nothing but an interesting coincidence in a line with a focus on the 13 Primes

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Droyer posted:

Admittedly I'm kind of a secondary to a lot of Transformers fiction but I gotta ask: Does anyone care about the 13 Primes? Is there a single person in this world who's favorite character is fuckin Alchemist Prime?

The designers, apparently

quote:

Q: Possibility of the 13 Primes happening as figures?
A: Mark and Evan talk about doing them all the time, actually. If it happened, The Fallen would be a tank “as expected”.
(also Alchemist Prime is literally Thew, so he's probably got some fans on that alone.)

They seem to be going pretty hard on doing groups of characters in general. The Thirteen Primes, Superion, and Bruticus are all represented - which is a good way to keep people on the hook for multiple figures per year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Robot Style posted:

The last of the leaks - seems like they're doing a Thirteen Primes theme for the next phase after Legacy:

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Solus Prime
Product Number: G0122

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Air Raid
Product Number: G0123

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Fireflight
Product Number: G0124

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Animated Wasp
Product Number: G0125

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Alchemist Prime
Product Number: G0126

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Crasher PR
Product Number: G0127

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Swindle
Product Number: G0128

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Micronus
Product Number: G0129

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Venom
Product Number: G0130

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Sky Dive
Product Number: G0131

Tra Gen Prime Deluxe Slingshot
Product Number: G0132

Tra Gen Prime Voy Prima
Product Number: G1007

Tra Gen Prime Voy Armada Red Alert
Product Number: G1008

Tra Gen Prime Voy Rescue Bots Heatwave
Product Number: G1018

Tra Gen Prime Voy RID Skybyte
Product Number: G1019

Tra Gen Prime Voy Alpha Trion
Product Number: G1020

Tra Gen Prime Voy Flatline
Product Number: G1021

Tra Gen Prime LDR The Fallen
Product Number: G0486

Tra Gen Prime LDR G2 Grimlock
Product Number: G0487

Tra Gen Prime LDR Onyx Prime
Product Number: G0488

Oh man a great Superion is something I've wanted for a while

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

On the first day of Primus, the Allspark gave to me

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Thew is great but he wishes he were as cool as Cyberverse Maccadam/Alchemist Prime

Does he even have a giant robotic crocodile in his basement? Is his basement actually an enormous Titan? I think not.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

Oh man a great Superion is something I've wanted for a while

gently caress off Menasor slappy, this one is mine! :)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Would be stepping on Nexus Prime's* toes a little but maybe have him be a combiner made of several Mini-Con sized bots

*do wonder how they'll do him, will he be a full sized combiner**, a core class combiner, or have him be a Power Core Combiner style one with a central robot and drones for his limbs

**interestingly one of Nexus Prime's components(Heatwave) shares a name with one of the characters coming up in this line, Rescue Bots Heatwave, probably nothing but an interesting coincidence in a line with a focus on the 13 Primes

Missed this; someone suggested that Micronus be a mini-con that comes with a deluxe sized accessory. That could work.

And I imagine Nexus will probably be a exclusive release; probably made from a combination of bots from Superion and Bruticus like the original, in one gift set

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tentatively excited for New Superion, but honestly more into it for Bruticus - the only one I've had so far is the FOC G2 set

If Red Alert doesn't have a janky voice chip, he's not Red-uh Lert. And who the heck is Flatline? Good name.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

Missed this; someone suggested that Micronus be a mini-con that comes with a deluxe sized accessory. That could work.

That describes a headmaster

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Phy posted:

If Red Alert doesn't have a janky voice chip, he's not Red-uh Lert. And who the heck is Flatline? Good name.
Excuse me, I think you mean "Red-uh Lert Woo-woo-woo".

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phy posted:

Tentatively excited for New Superion, but honestly more into it for Bruticus - the only one I've had so far is the FOC G2 set

Flatline is an evil doctor who modified movie-verse Arcee and her sisters into their ROTF forms and gave them the hive mind thing they had going on

He made the jump to G1 in the 2005 IDW continuity where he was a mostly benign but slightly morally grey medic working for Starscream's regime

In general he's the anti-Ratchet, for however loving many of those we have already

Dabir posted:

That describes a headmaster

and a variety of potentially other things.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nodosaur posted:

Thew is great but he wishes he were as cool as Cyberverse Maccadam/Alchemist Prime

Does he even have a giant robotic crocodile in his basement? Is his basement actually an enormous Titan? I think not.
We don't know that he doesn't though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arquinsiel posted:

We don't know that he doesn't though.

that's true. someone should look into that

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I've been working on a story that features Flatline heavily, so I'm very curious to see where they take the character.

The movie version allegedly would have turned into a hearse if he ever got to Earth, but he didn't, so he doesn't.

Then the IDW version was basically a reuse of the T30 Trailbreaker design.

I don't know if either of those would justify a Voyager scale figure though, so maybe it'll just be a SS86 Ratchet redeco.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have a feeling Flatline will share a mold with Armada Red Alert

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nodosaur posted:

that's true. someone should look into that

Thew does not have a basement, I can confirm.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Nodosaur posted:

And yet not only did it succeed, it’s the fastest TF HasLab yet.

Keldroc will get after me for saying this, but there IS an appetite for these characters to come back. The TF incarnations people dismiss had a bigger impact than people think.

I don't dismiss them, I just rightfully acknowledge them as dogshit terrible animated shows. The success of the Omega Prime HasLab doesn't surprise me at all. It's the best design of the line, it's the well-regarded return to vehicle modes after the Beast Era, and it's probably the one reimagining of Optimus Prime every era of fan can agree is badass. Well, maybe not the Bayformers people but who even talks to them.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Eh I wouldn't really call Car Robots/RID2001 or the Unicron Trilogy(except Energon) terrible, though they admittedly aren't particularly good either(though I still have a huge soft spot for Cybertron's final fight between Optimus and Galvatron as it's not only one of the surprisingly few definitive final fights between an Optimus and a Megatron but also probably the most satisfying one)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Going from the beast era shows to the 2000s era shows was like going from eating the best pizza ever to eating lukewarm bread with ketchup on it rendered at 1.25 frames per second

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Big trucks though

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i'd like a transformers cartoon in the animation style of RID again

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The_Doctor posted:

Thew does not have a basement, I can confirm.

No one here does.

:(

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

edit -nevermind. My point got proven anyway.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 24, 2024

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Well, maybe not the Bayformers people but who even talks to them.

There are many rooms in Primus' house.

Less pompously, I was actually thinking yesterday about how Legacy sort of G1-ified its Animated and Armada characters, and that it would be cool to re-interpret some of the better Bayverse bots through that lens instead of Studio Series. Especially non-screen ones like Wreckage, Ransack, Mindwipe, or Skyhammer.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How did they g1-ify the Armada characters? The Armada characters are already pretty G1-y

Also, I’m in a podcast!

https://x.com/ourworldspod/status/1761390965737001273?s=46

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

How did they g1-ify the Armada characters? The Armada characters are already pretty G1-y

Couldn't think of a better term for "brought closer to the Earthrise-Legacy design aesthetic of 'G1 style blocky bodies with good to excellent articulation, covered in Siege greebles, but not Siege grime'"

Though I guess Strongarm, Chase, or the Prime characters could have been less confusing examples to use along with Animated

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I paid AmiAmi for mine last night, hopefully I should have it next week

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Nodosaur posted:

Also, I’m in a podcast!

https://x.com/ourworldspod/status/1761390965737001273?s=46

It's a great podcast!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

I paid AmiAmi for mine last night, hopefully I should have it next week

Mine through Amazon Japan billed and shipped too.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
oh drat I never watched Animated but that Shockwave is loving awesome. I wish for a show-accurate toy, even if he doesn't transform other than his two bot versions.

I love those goddamn antlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Droyer posted:

I'm so over there being 13 Primes, other various Primes, The Allspark and Primus.

It's all been over done.

It did a lot of world building, don't take me wrong, helped flush things out, but at this point I rather kick it to the curb and do something else.

Kinda hope the new comic universe avoids that all as much as possible.