Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Tumblr CEO continues to post through it. He's replying to three day old tweets about wishing he'd pull a Lowtax whining about death threats and how they're illegal on Twitter.com

(not my screenshots)

Riot Carol Danvers has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Feb 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How does he get the age right and nothing else?

edit: Misread. Gotcha.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Feb 24, 2024

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

this is truly mystifying

Zesty posted:

How does he get the age right and nothing else?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
heart attack in 5 years??

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I suppose by certain definitions you could say that lowtax died of a heart attack.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fister Roboto posted:

I suppose by certain definitions you could say that lowtax died of a heart attack.

Could've been anything.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
people forget why Lowtax chose this pseudonym, it was to mock this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Looper

I suspect Tumblr guy googled, is so offline he got that wiki page, and then scrolled down to cause of death

Goa Tse-tung has a new favorite as of 07:20 on Feb 24, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

credburn posted:

Lectern Guy is obviously a parody account you loving dorks

while he may not actually be the real lectern guy, and yeah maybe that's a gimmick account, he is definitely not parodying anything
e: this is like the reverse of the people who don't recognize starship troopers as satire, that guy is very sincere and it's not a close call

Flesh Forge has a new favorite as of 07:53 on Feb 24, 2024

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Platystemon posted:

I’m not going to criticize those kids for their appearances, but I will say that their parents have terrible taste in interior decor.

e: Or at least their dad does. Strong possibility that he’s part of Divorced Twitter.
Just helping them learn the "no marriage" glitch of Divorce Guy any% run

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you say something is parody you get to feel smart as you are in on the joke and others aren’t.

Whether it’s actually a joke doesn’t matter you get what you need either way

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
37. This man doing an epic bomb prank who's catching felony charges is 37.

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/1761035796071526867

quote:

A Reserve man was arrested at Lakeside Shopping Center in Metairie after authorities say he created a bomb scare at the mall in order to film patron reactions for his YouTube channel, according to authorities.

Joshua Jones, 37, is now facing felony charges, including two counts of making a bomb threat, said Sgt. Brandon Veal, spokesperson for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office. A conviction is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

"Incidents like this are a prime example of how social media platforms can be misused," Veal said.

Jones is accused of going to the shopping center, 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd., late Sunday morning clad in a ski mask and carrying a black bag. Jones walked around the mall's Food Court and placed the bag down on the ground, telling a person nearby that it was a bomb.

The witness realized Jones was recording their reaction with his cellphone, authorities said. Jones placed the bag near a second witness and told him, as well, that it contained a bomb.

Deputies were notified, and they walked over to Jones, who intended to record the interaction on video, the sheriff's office said.

Jones was arrested and admitted that the bomb was fake. He told the deputies he was a prankster and planned to use the footage for his YouTube channel, according to authorities.

"The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office takes all threats against public safety seriously," Veal said. "Individuals found responsible will be held accountable."

In addition to the bomb threat charges, Jones was also booked with false communications with the intent of causing an emergency response.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Good. Please arrest all jackass style youtubers and streamers

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Elephant Ambush posted:

Good. Please arrest all jackass style youtubers and streamers

Or punch them. That works too.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
How did that man make it to 37 and yet still so heinously stupid?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

It's been a long time since I've seen it (like literally two decades lol) but I remember Jackass at least inflicted most of their poo poo on themselves in relative privacy? The stuff they did in public was dumb and silly but not gross and/or dangerous, iirc.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Taeke posted:

It's been a long time since I've seen it (like literally two decades lol) but I remember Jackass at least inflicted most of their poo poo on themselves in relative privacy? The stuff they did in public was dumb and silly but not gross and/or dangerous, iirc.

Whenever the Jackass crew did something dangerous in public, the only ones at risk of injury were themselves, not any bystanders.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah, they always seemed like good people to me mostly. Idiots for sure, but careful not to include people that didn't want to be included. I didn't like the show all that much, even as a teen, and while it might've been a precursor to all the heinous prank poo poo social media is filled with I feel it's wrong to blame them for that development and judge them in the same way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

teen witch posted:

How did that man make it to 37 and yet still so heinously stupid?

Being a wacky zany "social experiment" reaction farming youtuber makes you extremely online by default and, as we like to say around here, the internet makes you stupid

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Taeke posted:

Yeah, they always seemed like good people to me mostly. Idiots for sure, but careful not to include people that didn't want to be included. I didn't like the show all that much, even as a teen, and while it might've been a precursor to all the heinous prank poo poo social media is filled with I feel it's wrong to blame them for that development and judge them in the same way.

Jackass was only funny when people were doing stupid poo poo like riding grocery carts down a steep hill and crashing into a tree but everything they did in public for shock value was intensely cringe and embarrassing. It doesn't matter that they never did bomb threats because the whole point was to mess with other people's emotions and get "funny" reactions. Whether they like it or not they are to blame for people like this guy existing

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

I liked the one where they were messing with golfers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Goa Tse-tung posted:

people forget why Lowtax chose this pseudonym, it was to mock this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Looper

I suspect Tumblr guy googled, is so offline he got that wiki page, and then scrolled down to cause of death

Wow I always sort of wondered, now I know. thank u

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

37. This man doing an epic bomb prank who's catching felony charges is 37.

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/1761035796071526867

Ah the classic "i say i'm planting a bomb" prank, how zany

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

skyelevator posted:

I liked the one where they were messing with golfers.

Golfers as a class deserve suffering.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
ACAB includes when they arrest youtubers

Also sounds about white

tokin opposition has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Feb 24, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

tokin opposition posted:

Nah.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Golfers as a class deserve suffering.

VVG we don't agree too often but drat it, you're right

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

AGAB

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Broken clocks aren't fixed when they are right twice a day. ACAB.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Surprise surprise, Chaya is a moron
https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1761440106651713991

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wow, who knew

tokin opposition posted:

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 20:14 on Feb 24, 2024

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Jackass was only funny when people were doing stupid poo poo like riding grocery carts down a steep hill and crashing into a tree but everything they did in public for shock value was intensely cringe and embarrassing. It doesn't matter that they never did bomb threats because the whole point was to mess with other people's emotions and get "funny" reactions. Whether they like it or not they are to blame for people like this guy existing

I understand your point, but consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89GuSVcFkMQ

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

da TRUTH lover

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'm fine with bastards arresting "prank" youtubers.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Yes, an idiot has been arrested for completely deserved reasons, but have you considered that in order to be a leftist you must scream "ACAB" every time police are vaguely mentioned in any context? That's what's really important here.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"There's no harm, I just don't like it"

*angel descends* ok

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

while he may not actually be the real lectern guy, and yeah maybe that's a gimmick account, he is definitely not parodying anything
e: this is like the reverse of the people who don't recognize starship troopers as satire, that guy is very sincere and it's not a close call

Its been a while since I've seen Starship Troopers, but I think it would be mostly indistinguishable from a wide swath of 80s/90s scifi-action movies if it didn't have the "would you like to know more?" bits. Those movies were often over the top and had comedic bits with probably as equally trenchant political commentary as Starship Troopers did. However for whatever reason we don't have interminable discussions about if "The Running Man", "Die Hard", "Alien", or "Commando" are satirical films.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Spazzle posted:

However for whatever reason we don't have interminable discussions about if "The Running Man", "Die Hard", "Alien", or "Commando" are satirical films.

it's because feeling smug about starship troopers is an oblique way for nerds to call their enemies (dumb jocks who like the movie for its ACTION instead of for its SCI FI SATIRE) nazis, op

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Sagebrush posted:

it's because feeling smug about starship troopers is an oblique way for nerds to call their enemies (dumb jocks who like the movie for its ACTION instead of for its SCI FI SATIRE) nazis, op

All American movies in the 80s were made for Nazis op

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

All American movies in the 80s were made for Nazis op

Starship Troopers was made in the 90s op.

Also Demolition Man is the closest thing the Starship Troopers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also alien and die hard aren't satirical at all. commando is kind of goofy in retrospect but it wasn't made as a satire -- more of an action-comedy. the running man is the only truly intentionally satirical movie there.

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Feb 24, 2024