Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Wednesday it was like 60. Today it’s 30 and there’s snow on the ground. This coming Wednesday it’s going to be 60 again. 60 in February is not normal, I don’t like it.

60 in February is normal where I'm at. 30 in February is also normal where I'm at. Life be like that in the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm spending a sunny Saturday in Portland doing my laundry & cleaning my house. :(

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Met some friends at a coffee shop before we went to a tattoo shop’s flash event today, and some fuckin weirdo church and/or hippy group was in there with a wireless speaker conga-ing around the coffee shop and forcibly grabbed all of our arms to join in while we were waiting for our coffee. No thank you, please don’t touch me, you loving weirdos.

Also waited out in line in the cold for the tattoo shop to open and when they let everyone in I did not like any of the flash art they were doing so I left. Post that poo poo online the morning of or something, it’s 2024!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I haven’t played it in years and I still say “yer alright boah” to my dog

I also say this a lot to no one or nothing in particular lol.

Also my default response in the affirmative to someone’s question is “Shooaahh”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah todays one of those days I’m insanely grateful to live where I do. Intercoastal is flat as a lake, it’s 76, sand bar isn’t too packed and the weather tonight calls for mid 60s. Perfect outdoor relaxing weather

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Met some friends at a coffee shop before we went to a tattoo shop’s flash event today, and some fuckin weirdo church and/or hippy group was in there with a wireless speaker conga-ing around the coffee shop and forcibly grabbed all of our arms to join in while we were waiting for our coffee. No thank you, please don’t touch me, you loving weirdos.

Also waited out in line in the cold for the tattoo shop to open and when they let everyone in I did not like any of the flash art they were doing so I left. Post that poo poo online the morning of or something, it’s 2024!

They’re not getting you to show up if they post it online though.

Also gently caress anyone who grabs my arm trying to get me to join in their stupid group.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

64 and sunny here, just played pickleball and had a nice walk around the neighborhood.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

They’re not getting you to show up if they post it online though.

Also gently caress anyone who grabs my arm trying to get me to join in their stupid group.

I mean I guess, but it’s a tattoo I’m not gonna be like “well I’m here, might as well!”

And yeah that was like three hours ago and I’m still irritated by it lol. And with the coffee shop for letting them annoy customers like that? I’m not a regular there or anything but I’m certainly not going to that one anymore now!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

T-Square posted:

I mean I guess, but it’s a tattoo I’m not gonna be like “well I’m here, might as well!”

And yeah that was like three hours ago and I’m still irritated by it lol. And with the coffee shop for letting them annoy customers like that? I’m not a regular there or anything but I’m certainly not going to that one anymore now!

Yeah, that's incredibly lovely of them, especially with the church group grabbing random customers and them not doing anything about it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It’s 60-something here, I got a new bike and just had the bike shop give it the once over, now I’m going to pack a bag and go on a nice long bike ride :getin:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet posted:

We're gonna go see Wish at this local movie pub place this afternoon. Kiddo wants to see a movie and I just wanna eat fried garbage.

Trip report: projector has gone out for the third time about 30 minutes into the movie. :doh:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

It will be 60 here on Monday, so that will be the inaugural grill day for 2024. Going to start the season (too early) with some cedar planked salmon and asparagus.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Quiet Feet posted:

Trip report: projector has gone out for the third time about 30 minutes into the movie. :doh:

Sounds like someone should wish for a new projector.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Feel like this thread is a healthy mix of both perspectives :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

I think it's easier to draw a child as intimidating than it is to make an actual child intimidating.

Also, Grey Delisle's voice

https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/status/1609084640408797185?t=wayTjHXj97nZbTyQpL6Ugg&s=19

She should do that thing that one Dr. Who villain the Master did while in line at the bank when a child recognized him

"Yes child, it is I. The Master."

Spooked the kid good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

I think it's easier to draw a child as intimidating than it is to make an actual child intimidating.

Yeah you can just do what they did on the show and just draw them like 20 year olds lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

Feel like this thread is a healthy mix of both perspectives :v:

“Learn to code” would be a really funny euphemism for you-know-what. I guess it always was, come to think of it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Visited my dad at the cemetary with my family then had dim sum

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

“Learn to code” would be a really funny euphemism for you-know-what. I guess it always was, come to think of it.

It’s way more clever than “unalive yourself,” but if the mods catch wind we are going to have a gaping hole in our user list. Bans as far as the eye can see.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Visited my dad at the cemetary with my family then had dim sum

It's been a while since I did dim sum. Alas my favorite place that was near me closed during the pandemic.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

It was my favouritething for about 24 hours before Twitter had some weird moral panic about people doing the crime of trolling idiot journalists.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Nap report: taken

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Hell yea

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

drat that’s a cool bike. It’s a Giant? What model?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

drat that’s a cool bike. It’s a Giant? What model?

It’s a Priority/Brilliant L-Train. They’re a start up bike company out of NYC that sells belt-drive bikes. It’s a very fun, zippy little machine so far.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I bought a bike today. Mine was the cheapest I could find at Walmart. I went for a nice thirty minute ride and collapsed into my bed when I got home :)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

It’s a Priority/Brilliant L-Train. They’re a start up bike company out of NYC that sells belt-drive bikes. It’s a very fun, zippy little machine so far.

It rules. I saw the “iant” on the top tube and made a guess. My LBS has a sleek single speed like that with a killer vintage paint job that I’m having to really resist picking up.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nervous posted:

I bought a bike today. Mine was the cheapest I could find at Walmart. I went for a nice thirty minute ride and collapsed into my bed when I got home :)

Nice

The weather was great in Houston today so I went on a ride with my 10 year old. About 7 miles in the time it takes me to do 10 or 12 alone but that's ok he had fun and I had fun

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

It rules. I saw the “iant” on the top tube and made a guess. My LBS has a sleek single speed like that with a killer vintage paint job that I’m having to really resist picking up.

:devil: Do it :devil:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I just chaperoned a group of 10 12 year old girls navigating an escape room and let me tell you, I’m tuckered out

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Going on a party boat for my birthday!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Abugadu posted:

Going on a party boat for my birthday!

Happy birthday Abugadu!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bone voyage for your birthday.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Well, what did you get at the Asian grocery store?

Talking about Filipino food yesterday at work has me hankering to make Filipino spaghetti.

A variety of ramen, mostly Buldak flavors the other grocery stores don't carry. I can't find the carbonara flavor in the pink pack any of the places where I usually buy the black packs and I wanted to try it. I also got a bowl of bulgogi udon I'm excited to try. I was also out of sesame seeds so I got those. My friend found a line of hot sauces her husband likes that they normally pay out the nose for. The Asian market had them for .99 each.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Been rewatching walking dead cause I stopped around s6. So plz no spoilers but Carol. She's a bad bitch. Best character in the show.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I used to live within walking distance of multiple Asian grocery stores. Cheapest produce imaginable.

Now I'm at least a 20 min drive from the closest one :(

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Yeah it sucks. This market is in the city where I work which is about 45 min away. We live in...not the city. There ain't nothing out here but gators and meth.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

alright the timing of all this was goddamn horrific but this loving couch

Cloud Luxe daybed, made for 2 but can seat like 5, barely used. like 15% of original cost. Not a scratch on it.

bury me on this.

addie is going to love it and im gonna keep it covered grandma style

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Been rewatching walking dead cause I stopped around s6. So plz no spoilers but Carol. She's a bad bitch. Best character in the show.

I really enjoyed the first few seasons. But at some point it felt like they got in a rut of repeatedly finding human civilization, thinking surely they are finally safe, then oops they’re all totally depraved psychopaths who are worse than the zombies. Who could have foreseen it’s only like the fourth time in a row!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

I really enjoyed the first few seasons. But at some point it felt like they got in a rut of repeatedly finding human civilization, thinking surely they are finally safe, then oops they’re all totally depraved psychopaths who are worse than the zombies. Who could have foreseen it’s only like the fourth time in a row!!!

I did laugh when my brother said to me tally up everytime "someone on watch" could gave prevented this. I gave up mid way thru s3.

Still it's good to have when I'm cooking or cleaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

I used to live within walking distance of multiple Asian grocery stores. Cheapest produce imaginable.

Now I'm at least a 20 min drive from the closest one :(

in this part of maryland there's a huge chinese population, so there's plenty of that within a few miles