Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

El Jeffe posted:

Do you mean the coin in the freelancer tools or the collector's one that goes on the wall? Because last I heard the one from the tools is impossible to get because they forgot to put it in the game or something. Did they finally patch it?

Coin on the wall. The tool coin from the briefcases is still impossible to get in an unmodded game, unfortunately. Fingers crossed they finally fix that in the game update they promised this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

On the flip side of that I am very slightly annoyed that if you pick up one of the canisters and then another large item like a baseball bat or the saber or something in the house, it won't let you even though once you go to the level itself the canister is in a briefcase and if you do find a baseball bat etc in the level you can carry both around.

Edit: Unless of course it was just my game glitching out!

The baseball bat also spawns in a briefcase

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dabir posted:

The baseball bat also spawns in a briefcase

Yeah, but you can carry a briefcase AND a canister at the same time, but if you pick up the canister in the house it spawns in the level in a briefcase, which means you can't start with the canister AND a baseball bat (or anything else that spawns in a briefcase) even though once you're in the level you'd be able to carry them both around.

It's a VERY minor/mild irritation, but that's what the Internet is for complaining about!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Have they fixed the fuse cell yet?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Time to let the chips fall where they may

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Rubber Duck Time.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Just finished Another Life for the first time and grabbed a "battle frog" on my way out of town. How is this game so drat great?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
As of the last campaign, I am at 499/500 on Employee of the Year. Just 3 more maps, 15 more Cold Feet abandonments, and 8 more failed showdowns, and I have 100%'d Freelancer.

I have played an unfathomable amount of Freelancer, BTW. To think the beta version of this Challenge was like 4x more...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Nakar posted:

As of the last campaign, I am at 499/500 on Employee of the Year. Just 3 more maps, 15 more Cold Feet abandonments, and 8 more failed showdowns, and I have 100%'d Freelancer.

I have played an unfathomable amount of Freelancer, BTW. To think the beta version of this Challenge was like 4x more...

What's your emblem/profile mastery level at? Is it capped?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

What's your emblem/profile mastery level at? Is it capped?

Around 4306, and no, it's still going up and the emblem's still changing.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
You lot are actually mad. Level 100 mastery was more than enough for me.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You lot are actually mad. Level 100 mastery was more than enough for me.
I don't play every day, I just played a shitload for a while and still play every so often for an hour or two. Had I been no-lifing this I probably would've been done with it six months ago.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
PSA, the Collector ET is live- Forger goes live in 9 days.

Adding to my ongoing parade of weird observations:

• Near the seaside boating area in Miami, there is a single section of hose along the ground which for some reason has detailed, realistic physics and can be disturbed by the player or NPC's feet. This seems to serve no purpose, but is very weird.
  • The painting that you steal in the Collector ET implies some sort of broader thematic metaphor for the entirety of the sin-themed ETs and DLC that came with hitman 3, and the overarching plot of the games.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nakar posted:

Around 4306, and no, it's still going up and the emblem's still changing.

I think I'm on like 1800 and I thought that was insane :psypop:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Jerusalem posted:

I think I'm on like 1800 and I thought that was insane :psypop:
I've owned the game since launch (the initial launch, on EGS) and played it a lot well before Freelancer. Freelancer is easily the fastest way to rank up an account, but I was well over 1000 before Freelancer even came out, I'm pretty sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah, I didn't get it till it came out on Steam, so I'm a year behind, but even so I think I'd probably still be sitting in the mid 2000s at most. Goddamn this game rules though, I've started to get a little tired of the same old levels in Freelancer so I'm gonna test out that all maps mod and see how that livens things up, since the only challenges I have left are to kill <x> of leaders and syndicate members/complete 50 campaigns... plus I gotta force myself to do the "leave before the mission is over" one too :mad:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Jerusalem posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't get it till it came out on Steam, so I'm a year behind, but even so I think I'd probably still be sitting in the mid 2000s at most. Goddamn this game rules though, I've started to get a little tired of the same old levels in Freelancer so I'm gonna test out that all maps mod and see how that livens things up, since the only challenges I have left are to kill <x> of leaders and syndicate members/complete 50 campaigns... plus I gotta force myself to do the "leave before the mission is over" one too :mad:

the secret is to forget to kill one of your targets! that makes it very easy. i suggest knocking them out in a very narrow window then hiding the body behind some furniture

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Jerusalem posted:

On the "Leave missions early" challenge, I recommend you do it immediately after a prestige. You'll have no weapons, gadgets, or money to lose so it's just a matter of however much time you spend loading in/out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

On the "Leave missions early" challenge, I recommend you do it immediately after a prestige. You'll have no weapons, gadgets, or money to lose so it's just a matter of however much time you spend loading in/out.

Good idea! I'm close to filling out the displays so I'll run through the "you had one job, 47 :cripes:" challenge on the next prestige.

Also unfortunately it looks like I can't use the Freelancer Variations mod, it crashes every time I leave the safehouse and when I looked up solutions the guy who made the mod says,"If your game crashes when you leave the safehouse, complain to IOI it's nothing to do with me" so... gently caress me, I guess?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I am now morbidly curious what the cap is for both emblem/profile and for freelancer prestiges. The former seems to have been repeatedly increased, since some old accounts say it was once in the two thousands.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

I am now morbidly curious what the cap is for both emblem/profile and for freelancer prestiges. The former seems to have been repeatedly increased, since some old accounts say it was once in the two thousands.
Per the May 2022 patch:

quote:

Player Profile Limit

We’ve increased the maximum Player Profile level from 5,000 to 7,500 and introduced new visual representations of the profiles to support this new level cap.
The currently achievable profile names are:

Malus Necessarium (01 – 2,500)
Ius Obscurus (2,501 – 5,000)
Mortifer Velocis (5,001 – 7,500)
I am still in the Ius Obscurus tier. I didn't even know the name changed a second time.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know if there is a cap for prestiges - there are no additional titles/challenges, but I'm on prestige 18 currently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I had no idea it even could change from Malus Necessarium! I'm in the 1860s so still a fair way off Ius Obscurus

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Another fun fact I suspect many already knew- the easter egg exit in Mendoza still works in Freelancer. I'm not sure how many of the others do.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

Another fun fact I suspect many already knew- the easter egg exit in Mendoza still works in Freelancer. I'm not sure how many of the others do.
Most of them do, with a few exceptions. Pretty sure if you can find a fish you can use the dolphin exit in Miami. The Mendoza one is honestly the only one that's practical, because Mendoza's exits kind of suck rear end.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'll say I tend to miss the GPS exits in Ambrose. Otoh I'm very glad they removed the need for a key to use the boat in Dartmoor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I got the variations mod to work and Hawkes Bay in the daylight is loving with my head :psyduck:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

I'll say I tend to miss the GPS exits in Ambrose. Otoh I'm very glad they removed the need for a key to use the boat in Dartmoor.

Ambrose is still such a very weird map in general. There's a portion of it that seems to suffer from the same sightline distance as Sgail, if you snipe from the bridge into town. Unless you manage to snipe someone without having the body immediately seen, they will be beelining for you, and it can be very hard to get away without turning half the map orange. I enjoy it a lot more now than I used to on Freelancer.

Something else I noticed, having picked up Freelancer for the first time in awhile - did they change up the potential targets to remove the ones that would eat/drink/smoke, and replace them with ones who don't? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like poisons and accident kills are significantly less common than they used to be.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

Ambrose is still such a very weird map in general. There's a portion of it that seems to suffer from the same sightline distance as Sgail, if you snipe from the bridge into town. Unless you manage to snipe someone without having the body immediately seen, they will be beelining for you, and it can be very hard to get away without turning half the map orange. I enjoy it a lot more now than I used to on Freelancer.

Something else I noticed, having picked up Freelancer for the first time in awhile - did they change up the potential targets to remove the ones that would eat/drink/smoke, and replace them with ones who don't? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like poisons and accident kills are significantly less common than they used to be.

I've not noticed any changes; as you once said, there's a large diversity of targets such that it can be hard to see the overall distribution (and it appears likely that, like with supply crates, the game's randomness is decidedly lumpy).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stood too close to a safe when I blew up the door. :doh:

Campaign Failed

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Still a more noble defeat than forgetting which variety of micro-taser you brought with you

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I dropped an exploding golfball on my foot during an alerted Marrakesh. Lost a pair of legendary guns that way, ouch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Had an explosive kill objective. Tossed a remote explosive into the back of the Sanguine Store in Sapienza where the target was chilling, closed the door, ran a couple feet away and hit the trigger thinking the distance and the door would protect me from the explosion.

It did not protect me from the explosion :cripes:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Jerusalem posted:

Had an explosive kill objective. Tossed a remote explosive into the back of the Sanguine Store in Sapienza where the target was chilling, closed the door, ran a couple feet away and hit the trigger thinking the distance and the door would protect me from the explosion.

It did not protect me from the explosion :cripes:

I'm guessing you weren't going for a collateral kill that time, huh

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

From the anecdotes here I basically never, ever pick up the nitro or any of the exploding balls. It's just not worth the risk.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm guessing you weren't going for a collateral kill that time, huh

Diana: Taking things literally, are we 47?

Also had a weird thing yesterday where I completed killing all the targets in Sapienza for Freelancer but when I left it said I had failed the campaign. This is with the variations mod on, and it was a High Alert level, so the only thing I can think of is that I failed one of the objectives (no bodies found) and it used Hardcore rules for some reason and failed me? Lost all my tools, the stuff I had on me, all my murderbux and it was right near the end of a campaign too, so that sucked!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Jerusalem posted:

Diana: Taking things literally, are we 47?

Also had a weird thing yesterday where I completed killing all the targets in Sapienza for Freelancer but when I left it said I had failed the campaign. This is with the variations mod on, and it was a High Alert level, so the only thing I can think of is that I failed one of the objectives (no bodies found) and it used Hardcore rules for some reason and failed me? Lost all my tools, the stuff I had on me, all my murderbux and it was right near the end of a campaign too, so that sucked!

Had it confirmed you got all the kills in the upper left? It sometimes takes a few seconds for IOI's server to recognize that all targets are dead, and will count as an early exit if you do that. Though I thought exiting early only took away your tools and money, not any guns you were carrying?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Had it confirmed you got all the kills in the upper left? It sometimes takes a few seconds for IOI's server to recognize that all targets are dead, and will count as an early exit if you do that. Though I thought exiting early only took away your tools and money, not any guns you were carrying?

Yep it was definitely all of them. I killed them all, and even took a ton of time leaving because I decided to get Dino's car keys and drive out in style. I got the keys, walked out to the road, got into the car, the cutscene of my driving out played, then suddenly "CAMPAIGN FAILED!" came up and I woke up in the safehouse covered in bandages and bleeding :confused:

I even checked the "leave before completing the mission" challenge and it was still at 0, so it was definitely deciding I had failed/died or something, which I've only ever seen in a hardcore campaign before.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
was it in one of the sapienza variations? like landslide? that's been a bug basically since variations first came out and the mod author swears is a bug with the game itself not the mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

site posted:

was it in one of the sapienza variations? like landslide? that's been a bug basically since variations first came out and the mod author swears is a bug with the game itself not the mod

It was The Icon. I'd read that Landslide had common bugs and I'd followed the instructions to turn those levels off. If it pops up again I'll run through and disable The Icon as an option as well.