Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
T to the
R to the
M to the
P
!

raifield
Feb 21, 2005
God drat that's certainly a way to start a new page

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Catastrophe posted:

"Joe Many Liberals Does It Take to Change a Log By Bolb?"

*crying laughing emoji 11x in a row*

Leaving aside how insanely wrong, stupid, and out of touch with actual real life people this is:

Doesn't he have it the opposite way around? I thought youe transphobic right-wingers didn't give a poo poo about ftm trans people, and were more scared of the mtf trans folk. Because they were "really just men in a dress", etc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BrigadierSensible posted:

Leaving aside how insanely wrong, stupid, and out of touch with actual real life people this is:

Doesn't he have it the opposite way around? I thought youe transphobic right-wingers didn't give a poo poo about ftm trans people, and were more scared of the mtf trans folk. Because they were "really just men in a dress", etc.

A lot of their bigotry seems focused on non-binary or agender people lately

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:nice:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Catastrophe posted:

Doesn't this imply some kind of infinite Girl > Boy > Girl > Boy feedback loop then, Scott, if girls embrace wokeness and become boys but boys reject wokeness? So then if the woke girl becomes an unwoke boy, wouldn't they go back to becoming a girl and then get woke all over again? WHERE DOES THE CHAIN END, DILBERT?! :psyduck:

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
My toddler had the same look when they were packing a full diaper, too.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Shishkahuben posted:

The word they mean is incendiary, but they can't say that because the average American reads at a second grade level.

Literally the first thing I think of whenever I hear the word "incindiary," but yeah the vocabulary of a 15-year-old fictionalized Cameron Crowe is absolutely not representative of the average American. If only it were.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Catastrophe posted:

And still, no one at all will gently caress Dilbertman

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

President Donald Jay CUM!!!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

10% of vote counted, Trump up 15

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Doesn't this imply some kind of infinite Girl > Boy > Girl > Boy feedback loop then, Scott, if girls embrace wokeness and become boys but boys reject wokeness? So then if the woke girl becomes an unwoke boy, wouldn't they go back to becoming a girl and then get woke all over again? WHERE DOES THE CHAIN END, DILBERT?! :psyduck:

I think his vision is blur’d

https://youtu.be/WDswiT87oo8?si=icTawpYrpp3BWMJa

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kazil posted:

He's reading the names off cards lol

anyway, way too early results

If Haley actually beats Trump this would be hilarious.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

notwithoutmyanus posted:

If Haley actually beats Trump this would be hilarious.

Nikki Haley isn't going to win

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

Trump VP vote from CPAC

code:
Noem -15
Ramaswamy -15
Gabbard - 9
Stefanik -8
Scott - 8
Donalds - 7
Lake - 6
Carson - 5
DeSantis - 5
Sanders - 5
Carlson - 4
RFK Jr - 3
Vance - 2
Haley - 2

Is that 15% or 15 people? You can't tell with CPAC sometimes.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

Is that 15% or 15 people? You can't tell with CPAC sometimes.

It adds up to less than 100, so it could be either, but I’m guessing it’s people :lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

20% vote in

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Lindsey Graham's humiliation fetish knows no bounds:

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1761548246730600599

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Ron! is the new Jeb!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Ron! is the new Jeb!

Imagine if Jeb and Ron could combine their disappointment energy into some sort of Lack of Spirit Bomb

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Blurred posted:

Good post, thanks. But I was referring to Trump using bankruptcy as a means of delaying seizure of property, not as a means of discharging the penalties altogether. Would filing for bankruptcy help him in that regard at all? Or does it mean the state can start seizing his property as soon as that initial stay expires?

From what I understand, the initial filing for personal bankruptcy would put a stay on any efforts to collect debts for the first 60-90 days, but after that they would have the (initial) meeting with the trustee and then the decision would be made as to eligibility (and creditors are allowed to attend the meeting as well and ask questions, and although most generally don't in your average bankruptcy filings, I suspect that at the very least, attorneys for E. Jean Carroll and the state of NY definitely would attend). If after that meeting, it's determined that Trump cannot discharge those judgements in a bankruptcy filing, I believe they can start collections efforts up right away without waiting for the case to be discharged.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

TulliusCicero posted:

The love of Trumpists for Gabbard is loving bizarre to me

...it's because she's attractive isn't it? That's the only reason

See also: Sarah Palin

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sydney Bottocks posted:

From what I understand, the initial filing for personal bankruptcy would put a stay on any efforts to collect debts for the first 60-90 days, but after that they would have the (initial) meeting with the trustee and then the decision would be made as to eligibility (and creditors are allowed to attend the meeting as well and ask questions, and although most generally don't in your average bankruptcy filings, I suspect that at the very least, attorneys for E. Jean Carroll and the state of NY definitely would attend). If after that meeting, it's determined that Trump cannot discharge those judgements in a bankruptcy filing, I believe they can start collections efforts up right away without waiting for the case to be discharged.

Also we know from Alex Jones that if you declare bankruptcy specifically to hide assets to prevent judgements being paid out, they won't accept it. Its not like you can go "I declare bankruptcy!" and magically everyone just leaves you alone. Its not one sided so its probably not a magic bullet. Though at the same time, it would dispel any image of Trump being a good business guy to all but the most hardcore chuds. Any way to spin it would probably imply even more fraud.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looking forward to Trump losing nearly everything due to not actually being as wealthy as he thinks, being insanely leveraged all over the place, and not having anything liquid.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

Also we know from Alex Jones that if you declare bankruptcy specifically to hide assets to prevent judgements being paid out, they won't accept it. Its not like you can go "I declare bankruptcy!" and magically everyone just leaves you alone. Its not one sided so its probably not a magic bullet. Though at the same time, it would dispel any image of Trump being a good business guy to all but the most hardcore chuds. Any way to spin it would probably imply even more fraud.

Especially as bankruptcy does not apply to judgements, Trump is not likely going to be able to discharge his judgement debts through bankruptcy, and it would only close the door on a lot of his already dying empire.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

a lot of trump spox saying "wow, the blacks really love trump!"

lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

This is very true; bankruptcy courts generally disapprove of people who file in an attempt to stiff their creditors and are pretty brazen about doing so.

CommieGIR posted:

Especially as bankruptcy does not apply to judgements, Trump is not likely going to be able to discharge his judgement debts through bankruptcy, and it would only close the door on a lot of his already dying empire.

That's another good point: in the case of both of Trump's judgements, any attempt to include them in a bankruptcy filing would pretty much be dismissed out of hand, because the judgements were handed down against Trump due to his commission of fraud (NY state), or by his continuing to do harm to another person, specifically defamation of character (E. Jean Carroll). Filing for personal bankruptcy isn't going to save Trump from having assets seized or collection efforts made on either of those judgements.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 25, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

40% in

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Given that he's going to win, what's a good/bad showing for Trump in terms of the final margin?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

HappyHippo posted:

Given that he's going to win, what's a good/bad showing for Trump in terms of the final margin?

If he finishes under 60% it's pretty bad.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Buce posted:

a lot of trump spox saying "wow, the blacks really love trump!"

lol

I was thinking about this.

Is there any evidence that Trump is popular among African-Americans?

Any at all?

Coz apart from his "I put out some sneakers, you people love sneakers. Also the police are after me for my crimes. The police are always after [i]you people[/] for your crimes. So we are the same. No I won't let you rent a house in my building." poo poo, where is the "Blacks love Trump" poo poo coming from?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

If anyone is ever feeling down, like you're wasting your life, like you just can't do anything right, just remember that you're still doing better than over 1000 people that devoted part of their Saturday to voting for Ron DeSantis in the South Carolina primary.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The resolved it by falling back on the old "men are predators/women are victims" trope.

Transwomen are men in drag claiming to be women to get access to women's private spaces for nefarious purposes.
Transmen are confused girls who have been tricked into having healthy breast tissue amputated.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1761538386345480307

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

LMAO

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I was thinking about this.

Is there any evidence that Trump is popular among African-Americans?

Any at all?

Coz apart from his "I put out some sneakers, you people love sneakers. Also the police are after me for my crimes. The police are always after [i]you people[/] for your crimes. So we are the same. No I won't let you rent a house in my building." poo poo, where is the "Blacks love Trump" poo poo coming from?

several polls have shown growing support among black men, but ... you know. polls. "polls"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Buce posted:

several polls have shown growing support among black men, but ... you know. polls. "polls"

Yeah that's what I've been seeing. Numbers in polls that don't make sense and don't seem to be reflected in actual elections.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wingnut Ninja posted:

If anyone is ever feeling down, like you're wasting your life, like you just can't do anything right, just remember that you're still doing better than over 1000 people that devoted part of their Saturday to voting for Ron DeSantis in the South Carolina primary.

I don't like Trump. I don't like women. Guess I'll vote for Ron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Can't get much worse than voting for the guy that the NYT won't even bother getting a picture for