Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 2/22

HM: Sandra Moone vs. Red Velvet
HM: Billie Starkz vs. Robyn Renegade
HM: Komander vs. AR Fox vs. Matt Sydal vs. Exodus Prime
HM: Athena(c) vs. Nyla Rose, ROH Women's Championship, 2/3 falls tables match

Last match is a borderline MOTYC. Athena is the loving best.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom February 17

HM: Hanan & Saya Iida vs. Mai Sakurai & Chanyota

This was action-packed and hard-hitting and the crowd was super hot. Over-delivered like crazy!

Nthing, Stardom match was the best of the lot but Nyla v Athena was very close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HM: Chris Sabin (c) vs Mustafa Ali for the X Division title, TNA No Surrender 2/23

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 2/23

HM: Bryan Keith & Komander & Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Private Party (Mark Quen & Isaiah Kassidy) & Matt Sydal vs. Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin) & Action Andretti

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 2/23

HM: Bryan Keith & Komander & Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Private Party (Mark Quen & Isaiah Kassidy) & Matt Sydal vs. Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin) & Action Andretti

agreeing with pylons

anna/mariah would have been too if the finish held up imo

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Chris Sabin (c) vs Mustafa Ali for the X Division title, TNA No Surrender 2/23

2nd. Also,

HM: Jordynne Grace (c) vs. Gisele Shaw for the TNA Knockouts Championship, TNA No Surrender 2/23

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: El Desperado (C) vs. SHO for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23
El Desperado is one of the best wrestlers on the planet. This match sucked.

3rd. Gedo will pay for his crimes

also

WMOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Matt Riddle NJPW TV title match NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23

WMOTYC: Chase Owens & KENTA vs. El Phantasmo & Hikuleo IWGP Tag Team Title - NJPW The New Beginning In Osaka 2024 2/11

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 24, 2024

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 2/23

Nth, this rocked the house.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MOTYC Revolution Pro High Stakes (18/02): Michael Oku (c) vs Will Ospreay for the Undisputed British Heavyweight Title

If you remember how much people gushed about their match two years ago, this match surpassed it in every way. Oku is a lot more mature as a performer. Amira is legit a top 5 manager/valet. Ospreay is one of the best wrestlers of the 21st century. RevPro's technical production still isn't the best but they really made this feel like a Big Fight with how both wrestlers were presented. Combine that with a white-hot crowd that refused to calm down for even a second. I thought it might be "seeing it live" bias so I watched the VOD and it was just as good.

Nth. Michael Oku is really good.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo February 24th
MOTYC
Hiromu Takahashi vs DOUKI
- Sicko poo poo with crowd favourite Douki going up against the most popular junior in the world

Shingo Takagi vs Taichi
- Shingo and Taichi do the Shingo and Taichi match, but this time in front of Taichi's hometown crowd. It ruled

HM
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, Toru Yano, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great O-Khan, Callum Newman and Francesco Akira) and Matt Riddle
- Literally every part of the match that didn't involve Riddle I greatly enjoyed, not the match I would have chosen for Okada's last but very happy with the match we got

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs SANADA - IWGP World Heabyweight Title
- Some great parts and the crowd were well behind Naito, something just felt really off about the last five minutes or so with a couple of incredibly deflating botches

Solid show, only down parts were the HoT match and being personally disappointed by the Hair vs Hair match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. DOUKI - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/24
So wonderful to see how much DOUKI has progressed, while still retaining that beautiful trash gremlin factor that made him stand out when he first showed up. Hiromu is Hiromu, and that is wonderful too.

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/24
Love it whenever these two decide to beat the crap out of each other.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- Sicko poo poo with crowd favourite Douki going up against the most popular junior in the world

Shingo Takagi vs Taichi
- Shingo and Taichi do the Shingo and Taichi match, but this time in front of Taichi's hometown crowd. It ruled

HM
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, Toru Yano, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Great O-Khan, Callum Newman and Francesco Akira) and Matt Riddle
- Literally every part of the match that didn't involve Riddle I greatly enjoyed, not the match I would have chosen for Okada's last but very happy with the match we got

- Some great parts and the crowd were well behind Naito, something just felt really off about the last five minutes or so with a couple of incredibly deflating botches

Solid show, only down parts were the HoT match and being personally disappointed by the Hair vs Hair match

Yeah agreed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Sammy Guevara - AEW Collision 2/24
For what could have easily been a no-dq spotfest, this was timed and paced fantastically. Plus they almost killed a small child!

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Jun Akiyama - AEW Collision 2/24
It was Bryan Danielson vs. Jun Akiyama, for God's sake.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

For what could have easily been a no-dq spotfest, this was timed and paced fantastically. Plus they almost killed a small child!

Nth both of these.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Taichi

HM

Nth.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 2/23

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Sammy Guevara - AEW Collision 2/24

Nthing these with a boost for Hobbs vs Guevara, which I thought was fantastic stuff. And adding:

HM: Bryan Keith vs Malakai Black - AEW Collision 2/24/24

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Nthing MOTYC status for Hobbs vs. Guevara. Tons of clever, creative spots that were all executed flawlessly and fantastic flow throughout. Hot crowd, too. An amazing showcase for both men and the finish was fantastic.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Sammy Guevara - AEW Collision 2/24

upping samuel/hobbs as well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Yuki Ueno, Shunma Katsumata & Kaisei Takechi vs. Tetsuya Endo, Takeshi Masada & Hideki Okatani - DDT Into the Fight 2/25
I'd give this an HM based on the in-ring action alone, but the crowd was also absolutely on fire and losing their minds for everything and this elevated the match up even further.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MOTYC Revolution Pro High Stakes (18/02): Michael Oku (c) vs Will Ospreay for the Undisputed British Heavyweight Title

If you remember how much people gushed about their match two years ago, this match surpassed it in every way. Oku is a lot more mature as a performer. Amira is legit a top 5 manager/valet. Ospreay is one of the best wrestlers of the 21st century. RevPro's technical production still isn't the best but they really made this feel like a Big Fight with how both wrestlers were presented. Combine that with a white-hot crowd that refused to calm down for even a second. I thought it might be "seeing it live" bias so I watched the VOD and it was just as good.

Nthing this. I was watching it and thinking to myself "Why did Dave give this 6 stars? It's a good Ospreay match." and then they hit that top gear and holy poo poo this was fantastic. This is going to be the match to beat for MOTY for the rest of the year.

Jerusalem posted:

Nthing this too, haven't finished Collision, I usually hate weapons matches and stupid high dives but this was so creative and fun and both guys looked awesome coming out of it. A PPV quality match on TV.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

holy loving nth, good lord

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Taichi

HM

I'll go Nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Nthing MOTYC status for Hobbs vs. Guevara. Tons of clever, creative spots that were all executed flawlessly and fantastic flow throughout. Hot crowd, too. An amazing showcase for both men and the finish was fantastic.

Yeah nth.

Sammy in good match shocker

The Kevin Kelly spot was great

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How do I watch the rev pro match please and thank you

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://vk.com/video-154481559_456246122

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

It should be noted that this is from the live VOD. The one on their site has had some post production so you can actually hear the video packages and commentary isn’t so crunchy.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh fair enough, I hadn't seen a link to the post produced version so just posted what I found

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thank you!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Nth. Ruled!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Collision 2/24

MOTYC: Will Hobbs vs Sammy Guevara
HM: Jun Akiyama vs Bryan Danielson

Sammy Guevara is the best at video game matches.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Quantum of Phallus posted:

https://vk.com/video-54361599_456280941?t=2h57m41s

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Collision 2/24

He can write off all those expensive retro wrestling games he kept buying as necessary job research.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Into the Fight February 25th
HM
MAO (c) vs Hikaru Machida - DDT Universal Title
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Ueno) and Kaisei Takechi vs Hideki Okatani, Takeshi Masada and Tetsuya Endo

Rest of the show was whatever but these two are well worth checking out, the Mao match was trending MOTYC for me before it ended so abruptly

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs DOUKI, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 2024/02/24

Holy poo poo

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Taichi

HM

nth to these 3

Though I needed a palate cleanser after Gedo tried his best to ruin my weekend. Fortunately Panico knew exactly what I was looking for:

HM
CMLL
2/9
Mexico City School - Alom, Astro Boy Jr., Dragon de Fuego, Forneo, Hunter, Legendario
vs
Comarca Laguna School - Emperador Jr., Infarto , Misterio Blanco, Misterio Negro, Platino Kid , Viento Negro

One of two ciberneticos for the Torneo Escuelas semifinals. Winners were supposed to get CMLL contracts once upon a time, but they kind of pick whoever they end up liking after this. Last year produced some great results, so will be interesting to see where some of these guys end up.

HM
CMLL
2/13
Fuego, Capitan Suicida and Valiente Jr vs Enfermero Jr, Inquisidor and Dr. Karonte 1

Very good match. Valiente and Suicida are both amazing but are a bit lost in the shuffle right now because there's so many guys here who are more than amazing.

MOTYC
CMLL
2/11
Futoro, Neon, Hombre Bala Jr vs Villano 3 Jr, Hijo del Villano 3 and Zandokan jr

Neon and Futuro are among the best flyers in the world, truly state of the art poo poo and Hombe Bala's a lot better than people give him credit for. But this match for me was about the masterful Rudisimo on display from La Escuadra. When it comes to acting like raging loving dickheads, these guys don't cut corners.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Holy poo poo yes.

Really good show overall, I'll also give HM nods to:

Mustafa Ali vs. Robbie X
ZSJ vs. Connor Mills

And especially:

JJ Gale vs. Luke Jacobs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Excite Series February 23rd
MOTYC
New Period (Ryuki Honda and Yuma Anzai) vs SUWAMA and Hideki Suzuki

HM
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Hokuto Omori
Minoru Suzuki vs Hikaru Sato

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Collision 2/24

nth to both

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

HM
2/24/24

TJPW Beat Power '24
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume) & Miu Watanabe vs. Yuki Aino, Miyu Yamashita, & Ryo Mizunami

I really wasn't expecting this match to build how it did, and not only was it a great fun party match with some absolutely amazing spots (Miu is strong :stare: And the Ryo Mizunami triple chop spot was a delight), it slowly-but-surely formed itself around the central story of Suzume being unkillable and made for some really captivating stuff. Well worth a watch. Also, Ryo Mizunami really is the coolest wrestler ever.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Claudio Castagnoli & Jon Moxley vs. Esfinge & Star Jr., Collision 2/24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HMs From the 2/28 Dynamite