Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Surprised this video hasn't made the rounds. In 2013, Elmo and his brother did a "motivational" video where Kimbal says that when they first arrived in the US, they were illegal immigrants:

https://youtu.be/9Hvr0gYlXKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Jestery posted:

Musks robot walks around like CJ in GTA:Sa lol

Lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOaeDHeJ80I

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

E the Shaggy posted:

Surprised this video hasn't made the rounds. In 2013, Elmo and his brother did a "motivational" video where Kimbal says that when they first arrived in the US, they were illegal immigrants:

https://youtu.be/9Hvr0gYlXKs
"The wheel fell off the car!"

So it was, so it shall be.

Also, there's an article somewhere (from several years ago) that rips into Musk not only for the illegal immigrant thing but also that his claimed tech qualifications are apparently bullshit because he never actually graduated from his course.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 25, 2024

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1761440106651713991

This woman deserves a particularly painful, non-treatable cancer within her instead of what she is on society.

Only in America could a person this absolutely loving unbrainedly stupid hold such powerful and destructive way over so many others for absolutely evil ends. The banality of evil in every sense of the phrase.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Avirosb posted:

If Google's search engine is woke then the same can't be said for for their youtube algorithm.
Recommend more videos of Ben Shapiro rapping will ya

I must have over 1000 channels set to "Don't recommend this channel", yet the algo keeps pushing that poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kiwid posted:

I must have over 1000 channels set to "Don't recommend this channel", yet the algo keeps pushing that poo poo.

Look into a good channel blocker extension for desktop and mobile browsers. All I had to do was install it, search "The Last Jedi" once, and literally 80% of the worst bits of YouTube were loving gone like the dinosaurs within a few minutes of hitting the block button on all the results because that movie is a goddamn tuning fork for the shittiest people ever made.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the worst one I saw was when I was trying to look up a random Bojack Horseman clip and it for some reason decided that it sounded like I was looking for a clip of Ben Shapiro and Neil DeGrasse Tyson discussing whatever fascist outrage du jour was hot at the time

couldn't even tell it to never recommend me that poo poo because it was a search result

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

The one thing I hate about this video is that the way it’s shot makes it look so fake for some reason. I dunno if it’s the frame rate or the camera movement or just the uncanny movement of the robot itself, but it feels like CGI even though I know it isn’t

That's the uncanny valley for ya. I think it is the way centre of mass is maintained by holding the torso straight, reminds me of that video of a chicken keeping its head stationary as its body is moved around.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL-40gDBRx0&t=5s

Seriously, what a absolute garbage person.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im not watching that poo poo and neither should you

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I somehow unknowingly trained the YouTube algorithm to only show me wrestling, classic rock, blues, outlaw country, southern rock, and Texas blues

that's it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

biznatchio posted:

It's actually from Dr. Strangelove.

good movie

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

explosivo posted:

Saw someone post this in the comments of an article about elon's lovely robot video. The commenter said something to the effect of "bad article, you can't possibly understand how difficult it is to replicate a human gait with robotics and here you are making fun of this achievement." Then another person replied with that video from a year ago ^

I guess it's easy to lose track of advancements in robotics but this is nuts. Like my brain wants to tell me it's one of those really convincing fake viral videos. It's loving hilarious how unbelievably pathetic elon's company's thing is compared to this poo poo.
Boston Dynamics also doesn't pretend that they are perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7KypGlitg

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Not interested, don't post this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rebel Blob posted:

Boston Dynamics also doesn't pretend that they are perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7KypGlitg

this robot has never seemed so human as when it completely eats poo poo

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

cumpantry posted:

Not interested, don't post this

yeah this person has no shame whatsoever and is proud of it. it's probably not the own lorenz thinks it is.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's the HDR, the perfectly smooth stabilized camera that looks like it's keyframed, a prancing robot which we've only seen in CGI until recently, there's so much going on here that could've only been faked until just a few years ago...

It's like watching a giant hunk of metal fall from the sky and land smoothly on the X through a tracking camera like here at 1m14s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6ppby3JC8&t=74s

SpaceX videos are great, and it's weird that Elon hasn't learned from the lessons there when it comes to his other businesses.

They were very open about showing failures from the F9 reusability program, which meant that the successes were clearly not faked or misleading.

I guess in that case they had a real product with some good aspects, versus whatever the gently caress the Tesla robot is meant to be.

I half suspect the super stabilized Boston Dynamics videos are to match up the footage with simulations they've run, to make it really clear where the reality differs.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

AlmightyBob posted:

I somehow unknowingly trained the YouTube algorithm to only show me wrestling, classic rock, blues, outlaw country, southern rock, and Texas blues

that's it

How the gently caress are you not getting swamped with Shapiro? The rest of your list is redneck bingo

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

kiwid posted:

I just kept reporting every Shapiro video it recommended me for hate content and eventually it stopped

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Kingo Ligma posted:

How the gently caress are you not getting swamped with Shapiro? The rest of your list is redneck bingo

no idea other than I've never ever watched one of his videos before

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Suddenly my main complaint about the youtube algorithm, constantly trying to get me to watch food channels with 27 views in the last week, doesn't seem so bad after all

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1761440106651713991

This woman deserves a particularly painful, non-treatable cancer within her instead of what she is on society.

it should not be this easy for people this stupid to radicalize psychos, but thanks to X anyone can!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

it should not be this easy for people this stupid to radicalize psychos, but thanks to X anyone can!

I can see why Elon likes her so much. She has that same halting, thoughtless speech patten that he has that comes from being forever online and interacting with few real life people and being unable to respond quickly to even minor probing questions.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol musk is going to give the baker free premium for 3 months

https://twitter.com/abc7newsbayarea/status/1760769032398246304

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1761105207306469826?s=20

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thats a lot of mini pies

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

lmao one of the most gullible people out there

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I reckon its even-odds Elon decided the business was "Too Woke", cancelled the order, and got caught out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*sitting inside burning Tesla, unable to manually open door* They tried their best :unsmith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/JaXoxTR.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

how long till he accuses the bakery of having a child basement

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

FSD is being its usual bloodthirsty self, but that road absolutely has no business having a passing zone that close to a blind turn like that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
lol I'm watching the Disney+ Hideo Kojima documentary and Grimes shows up for a few seconds as an interview subject in it and I nearly choked on my drink.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

lol I'm watching the Disney+ Hideo Kojima documentary and Grimes shows up for a few seconds as an interview subject in it and I nearly choked on my drink.

it's hosed up to me that she's somehow smarter than musk

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Neuralink intrusive thought link

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Tiny Timbs posted:

this robot has never seemed so human as when it completely eats poo poo

The part where it trips over its own feet is genuinely the most impressive thing Boston Dynamics has ever posted: it doesn't fall like an object, it falls like a living thing with a sense of balance and self-preservation.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I cannot think the tiktok bigot is so dumb that she couldn't grasp for talking points in response to the question about what harm trans people cause society. She probably is not used to voicing her hatred in polite society (or even very gently being asked to account for it) and is short circuiting. She has no real conviction and is a coward.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 25, 2024

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

hahaha this poo poo is just too good an example of stupidass modern technology and lifestyle. Im one of those folks that hates it when phone,computer, game etc trys to be "helpful" these days, this is like the big boss of that essence

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's hosed up to me that she's somehow smarter than musk

It's weird. She said a bunch of okay and very true things, just in her loopy Grimes way. So yeah I can see that she is in fact Elon's better. Not better half, just his better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

thathonkey posted:

thats a lot of mini pies

Let he who has not ordered 4000 mini pies while zonked out of their gourd on ket cast the first stone