Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
If Allison is not gonna eat that worm, there's someone else in the room who might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Worm mass meets unbound dark flame

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Rhaka posted:

Worm mass meets unbound dark flame
E = m*cio^2.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If Allison is not gonna eat that worm, there's someone else in the room who might.

Oof, I did not consider that. Interesting, and kind of scary.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Mr. Lobe posted:

Thought bubbles??

This thought would be shared by every wormhead out there. One seventh of all living creatures in the universe.

The fact that Gog isn't thinking out loud means Allison truly terrifies them.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Bussamove posted:

Gog has thought bubbles because Gog thought it would be funny to have them. Roger Rabbit toontown rules.

Yeah, this is what I'm assuming. I only wonder if Allison can hear them.

Joe Slowboat posted:

This is literally Nietzsche’s eternal return. Gog’s offering the chance to not make the same mistakes, to get it right, to not be this person. It’s cleverly inverted but the principle is the same: if you could be someone who isn’t you, would you? If you could do it all again would you choose differently or can you love your fate, love the path that brought you through hell?

Also makes the perfect the enemy of the good, since if you have infinite cycles you're not gonna be able to accept merely breaking the cycle but demand that you get it perfectly right.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

A billion people have had this conversation with Gog and this is the first one since time immemorial (literally) that Gog has believed might be able to do it

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011
"can the protagonist hear a thought bubble?"

man abbadon's got y'all tripping over your own feet

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
maybe a thought bubble pulled the needle out of White Chain

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Youremother posted:

Why are Gog's pupils sponsored by Chevrolet

Well someone's gotta sponsor her show! :v:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Well someone's gotta sponsor her show! :v:

Obviously one of her sponsors is Raid: Shadow Legend

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gog's thought bubbles are diegetic.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Metatron has been locked in thought bubbles

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Thread title's like 2/2 for saying what comes next.

Ergo, we're all gog. I think. Something Gogful. Full of Googn's.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Brought To You By posted:

Obviously one of her sponsors is Raid: Shadow Legend

GogVPN. "You" will be the only one to know what you do on wormnet.

Now I'm wondering how random wormheads might treat each other when not under Gog's direct control. Taking care of each other, doing little favors, that sort of thing.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
"Gog if I ate that you'd be sharing room with me, my ego and two guys who hate each other."

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Niavmai posted:

People are just speculating weird things because it's notably weird for a comic to not use thought bubbles for the first 699 pages but suddenly have them on the 700th. Sure, it might be most likely that Abaddon is just using a comics convention that he didn't feel like using until now, but it stands out enough to wonder about.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 24, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It'd be less weird if they were square. We've seen narrative thought squares before, although only from Allison.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 24, 2024

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Buschmaki posted:

Jagganoth just said "Yo give me the key"

True. He really is unobstructed x7777777

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Ditocoaf posted:

People are just speculating weird things because it's notably weird for a comic to not use thought bubbles for the first 699 pages but suddenly have them on the 700th. Sure, it might be most likely that Abaddon is just using a comics convention that he didn't feel like using until now, but it stands out enough to wonder about.

Also "Allison meets up with a Demiurge and freaks them out with her Furious Dumbassery" isn't exactly new ground so it was surprising to see it need something new like that. But then thought bubbles aren't that big of a deal.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I think thought bubbles are necessary in this case because Gog-Agog is extremely ironypilled and we can’t trust a single word that comes out of her mouth. If she were to say, out loud, “wow, champ, I actually think you could pull that off! Want a worm?”, we would have no way to tell if that were really true, but if we get a glimpse into her internal monologue, we can be reasonably sure about how she really feels.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Ditocoaf posted:

I suspect it was he wasn't able to quite convey what he wanted with facial expressions (since Gog is notoriously unreliable with faces) so put voice to that internal conflict to drive the plot forward.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

MikeJF posted:

It'd be less weird if they were square. We've seen narrative thought squares before, although only from Allison.

we, the readers, ARE the mass :brainworms:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

aegof posted:

Gog's made some great faces lately

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Niavmai posted:

Jadis can, I’m sure Allison could if she cared to

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

YaketySass posted:

Okay, I didn't expect Gog to actually have the power to go back in time, unless it was in the sense of "surviving the end of the world until the next iteration". Which is maybe what this is.

You don't need time-travel if you can basically Groundhog Day the entirety of existence.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

blastron posted:

I think thought bubbles are necessary in this case because Gog-Agog is extremely ironypilled and we can’t trust a single word that comes out of her mouth. If she were to say, out loud, “wow, champ, I actually think you could pull that off! Want a worm?”, we would have no way to tell if that were really true, but if we get a glimpse into her internal monologue, we can be reasonably sure about how she really feels.

This feels right to me.

Also there’s kind of an… IDK JoJo’s energy to the sequence? The dramatic statement with full-body aura pose, followed by that really close up shocked face with thought bubbles about how it’s impossible to beat her, but—!

I also like the goat’s pupils, it gives a strong “Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?” Vibe to the worm eating offer.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

IMJack posted:

Now I'm wondering how random wormheads might treat each other when not under Gog's direct control. Taking care of each other, doing little favors, that sort of thing.

I think they're just Gog. I think Gog's all there is there.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Doesn't it seem a little odd that we never see Alisons eye during any of this sequence? That and Gogs eyes changing to be goats (a prey animals) eyes seems an interesting thing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
gog’s altered eyes aren’t goat pupils, they’re crosses. she has something similar when she ditches the others against jagganoth

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think they're just Gog. I think Gog's all there is there.

I think about the clown that showed up to Allison's house before the tournament of power. I think he had his own will but also had some understanding of what Gog willed but like all of the other thralls of hers, he seemed very blissed out. Even as he was exploding into gore.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Oxxidation posted:

gog’s altered eyes aren’t goat pupils, they’re crosses. she has something similar when she ditches the others against jagganoth

ahhhh, sorry about that misread!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Allison will make the worm eat her and gog will become Allison

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Since Allison knows she's going to die in 35 years, maybe she eats the worm at some point to ensure Gog's death.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Oxxidation posted:

My baad!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fister Roboto posted:

Have there ever been thought bubbles in this comic before?

Jadis' thoughts were pretty close.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

The entire wheel is a thought bubble.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

Every other "direct view of a character's thought process" has been an at least multi panel, frequently multipage event, from my hazy recollection of the bank heist arc

as funny as it would be to have those two thought bubbles replaced with an internal gog peanut gallery for a couple pages, gog's already got the external one so I can understand why you wouldn't want to go that route this time around

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

I read the gog thought bubble as part of the overall pov moving further and further outside and away from Alison, as she becomes stranger and harder to read over the course of her continued "ascension" and cumulative trauma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I think the thought bubbles are just closed captioning for the gog show