Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocomonk3
Oct 21, 2010
Anecdotally, a bunch of my friends went to EC (I'm from Perth), and most of them are fem and went to see Rhea, and "the WWE". We don't get big events like this often, and we're a million miles from everything else so it might be a decade till the WWE visits again.

I'm trying not to be the guy that spoils everything and post all the time about how terrible WWE is at them, I'm letting them have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well there's no worse kind of guy than that

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cocomonk3 posted:

Anecdotally, a bunch of my friends went to EC (I'm from Perth), and most of them are fem and went to see Rhea, and "the WWE". We don't get big events like this often, and we're a million miles from everything else so it might be a decade till the WWE visits again.

I'm trying not to be the guy that spoils everything and post all the time about how terrible WWE is at them, I'm letting them have fun.

Why did you think this was remotely a good post to make at this point in time

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Just let people enjoy things (Those things are systemic abuse that eventually causes victims to take their lives)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
if i went to a wrestling show and had to sit and watch 55 minutes of not wrestling i would burn the building down

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The last Raw I went to was many years ago now and it was a totally miserable experience. So much dead time and the matches were all short garbage.

I didn't even pay for the tickets and felt ripped off. At least we got to party in New Orleans after.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Someone should really do something about this rape company

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

if i went to a wrestling show and had to sit and watch 55 minutes of not wrestling i would burn the building down

this was how the raw underground and retribution debut episode started

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There was an entire Nitro ep where first hour was just vids of the NWO sitting in a Denny's booth and commercials

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember the one where they take Ric Flair out to the desert and beat his rear end?

I think that might be the no wrestling for an hour one.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, where a cameraman was left out in the desert with Flair so he could film his unconscious body.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, where a cameraman was left out in the desert with Flair so he could film his unconscious body.

Insurance purposes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cocomonk3 posted:

show them this thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd like to know if I was giving my money to sex traffickers, personally

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Cocomonk3 posted:

Its ok, give me their @s and I'll tell them how terrible WWE is at them. :angel:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cocomonk3 posted:

more smiles on faces! take that you curmudgeons

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cocomonk3 posted:

Ok

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

cm punk letting it all hang out on instagram

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

1glitch0 posted:

Wrestling, even WWE, is better than it's ever been.

The gently caress

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

emjayo posted:

cm punk letting it all hang out on instagram

That's against the terms of service surely

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Stupid question:

Since it was in Perth, did they trot any WCEagles or Dockers players out to curry favor with local fans?

Coz footy season starts is a couple of weeks.

Not that I saw. Would have loved Woosha as a guest manager to a losing wrestler. Talking after about all the great learnings that come from it

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Lamuella posted:

That's against the terms of service surely

his hideously deformed balls still smarting

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I read this in Joe Flaherty's voice.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Cocomonk3 posted:

If you are a fem who is into Rhea, you'd probably care a lot if you found out she's working for a company that has been systematically abusing women for decades. They'd probably wonder why their wrestling nerd friend never told them about that poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

how would you bring that up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"Hey I know you're a wrestling fan, did you hear about this Vince McMahon thing?"

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Seems simple enough to bring up naturally in a conversation.

"You're big on wrestling, right? You going for the WWE show? We're going just for Rhea."
"Eh, not really into WWE, especially after the full extent of Vince's allegations came out. You heard about that?"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its like being a jehovas witness but about vince

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the vince allegations are hosed up but i dont care enough to bring it up in normal conversations seems weird

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok but we're talking about other wrestling fans. It's already not a "normal" conversation because of who is involved.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

We're not talking about randomly bringing up the topic of Vince in everyday conversation though.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Normal people hearing two fans discuss their favorite match: "I'm not sure what they're talking about but it sounds like a sex crime"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont really care if someone watches wwe or not

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Just :sever: without explanation to avoid awkwardness.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Watching the show is its own punishment

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Watching the show is its own punishment

thats right

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

how would you bring that up

"We're thinking of going to see Rhea and the WWE!"

"That's great! Also, did you know that WWE has been systematically abusing and exploiting women for decades, and that the guy who previously owned it is a rapist who manipulated a woman who worked for him into sexual acts, including using her as a bargaining tool in a contract? And that he once shat on her head during a threesome?"

"..."

(note: preferably drop this info before they buy their tickets)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I probably wouldn’t say that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just let them see rhea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah don't do that exact one