Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

i beat the first boss in bloodborne last night

this is my second attempt at playing a fromsoft game, the first being dark souls 1 on PC (with gamepad). in ds1 i also beat the first boss, but hit a wall pretty quickly after that. i feel like i'm getting the hang of bloodborne a little bit better, but i did kind of cheese the cleric beast with like 4 molotovs to get it down. i assume that won't be a viable strat going forward

i'll admit that i kinda forgot that you can just farm souls/consumables so after i got the boss down i just went and farmed the scourge beasts on the bridge to get some armor and levels and upgrade my weapon a couple times. i'm using hunter's axe and so far i like it pretty well, especially the twohand form. i haven't gotten the hang of the gun, like, at all, yet.

i don't know if i "get" it yet because everyone who plays fromsoft games talks about how eventually they just "get" it and it starts clicking and from there it's just a matter of learning and practicing all the little tricks and rhythms and stuff. but if i do "get" it eventually then i'll try to beat bloodborne and if i still wanna play fromsoft games maybe i'll try elden ring. i almost just bought elden ring to try it but its $70 and i had bloodborne free from ps+ so, there ya go.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

more falafel please posted:

i don't know if i "get" it yet because everyone who plays fromsoft games talks about how eventually they just "get" it and it starts clicking and from there it's just a matter of learning and practicing all the little tricks and rhythms and stuff. but if i do "get" it eventually then i'll try to beat bloodborne and if i still wanna play fromsoft games maybe i'll try elden ring. i almost just bought elden ring to try it but its $70 and i had bloodborne free from ps+ so, there ya go.

i think once you hit Father Gascoingne is when it clicked for me with Bloodborne. keep going! you're doing great.

as for me, Persona 3 Reload is taking my brainspace but Humble Bundle also just put a sale up for all the Destiny 2 expansions and I got them all and I'm gonna go wild on the friggin' moon

kalel

big daddy gascan basically teaches you how to play the game for real. if you can beat him you can beat anything

more falafel please

forums poster

I did a little fist pump for real when i beat the cleric beast

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
got moonlighter on switch for sale and I wasn't impressed at first but once you can get a different weapon it feels much better.
p much anything other than the sword&shield or great sword. I think the spear is best for the invincibility frames on the charge attack.

it's basically recettear but not quite as cutesy anime themed and more updated

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Finger Prince

When I was visiting my sister in December, I was playing Pokémon Go waiting for her to finish work. I joined a raid and one of the randos sent me a friend request when it was over, so I accepted. That was the day before I was leaving back home. So the first couple of days of exchanging gifts were postcards from pokestops in and around the area. Perfectly normal. Then when I got back I started sending postcards from Vancouver, Seattle, and around there, then a few from England.
I like to think some Japanese kid who maybe thinks they're living in the rear end end of nowhere, suddenly starts getting postcards from around the world from some rando they friended at the train station, and they think it's pretty neato, and makes them curious about the wider world and maybe they go travel one day because of it.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Finger Prince posted:

When I was visiting my sister in December, I was playing Pokémon Go waiting for her to finish work. I joined a raid and one of the randos sent me a friend request when it was over, so I accepted. That was the day before I was leaving back home. So the first couple of days of exchanging gifts were postcards from pokestops in and around the area. Perfectly normal. Then when I got back I started sending postcards from Vancouver, Seattle, and around there, then a few from England.
I like to think some Japanese kid who maybe thinks they're living in the rear end end of nowhere, suddenly starts getting postcards from around the world from some rando they friended at the train station, and they think it's pretty neato, and makes them curious about the wider world and maybe they go travel one day because of it.

pokemon go brings nerds together and i think that's swell

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Finger Prince

I've been watching a bunch of Real Civil Engineer on YouTube playing cities skylines 2 and he makes it look pretty fun, and I kind of want to play it, but I'm worried it's going to be not as fun as he makes it look.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

got to october 4th in persona 3 reload and it didn't hurt any less this time

i'm a bit worried about my pace when it comes to maxing all the social links but we'll see

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

watho posted:

got to october 4th in persona 3 reload and it didn't hurt any less this time

i'm a bit worried about my pace when it comes to maxing all the social links but we'll see

depending on the optional hangouts you could do before Oct 4th, it can hurt a lot more.

watho

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

depending on the optional hangouts you could do before Oct 4th, it can hurt a lot more.

oh i did it all

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
I finally completed EVERY gig in cyberpunk 77,, my character in this run through is overpowered as all hell so I figured meh might as well go down the list of achievements

Philippe

(she/her)

There's one where you have to kill two people with the same sniper bullet, that's a hard one.

more falafel please

forums poster

i think once you hit Father Gascoingne is when it clicked for me with Bloodborne. keep going! you're doing great.

lol I just got this motherfucker first try? how the hell did I do that

am I a darksouls now

kalel

am I a darksouls now

:bloodborne:

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

am I a darksouls now

Mad skillz

I can't play those games for poo poo. I always fumble the execution on a vital moment, get frustrated, and go play something else promising I'll try again later, seriously, I will.

I will never praise the sun at this rate.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

watho

i've gotta say that regarding the persona 3 reload version of the iwatodai dorm theme as i'm coming close to the time where i won't be hearing it anymore i think i prefer it over the original version. the drums are way better and while i still love the original sampled vocals and the way they're pitched down i love the lotus juice vocals and the whole "but we gon' chill today / let me rock the world tomorrow" just fits the whole tone perfectly

now if only i could put the loving songs i paid for on my phone :argh:

more falafel please

forums poster

Saoshyant posted:

Mad skillz

I can't play those games for poo poo. I always fumble the execution on a vital moment, get frustrated, and go play something else promising I'll try again later, seriously, I will.

I will never praise the sun at this rate.

i've never been able to get it before, but i'm getting better at the timing and reading attacks and stuff. plus it always felt so punishing before, but now I've internalized a couple things: a) losing souls/blood echoes when you die isn't a huge deal b) you can always farm for souls and consumables c) you don't have to fight everything, you can almost always just run past enemies

still not sure "playing from soft games" is gonna be something I wanna spend my time with forever but it's nowhere near as bad as I was thinking

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

watho posted:

i've gotta say that regarding the persona 3 reload version of the iwatodai dorm theme as i'm coming close to the time where i won't be hearing it anymore i think i prefer it over the original version. the drums are way better and while i still love the original sampled vocals and the way they're pitched down i love the lotus juice vocals and the whole "but we gon' chill today / let me rock the world tomorrow" just fits the whole tone perfectly

now if only i could put the loving songs i paid for on my phone :argh:

i love how Lotus re-worked some lyrics but some are just weird to hear over and over "you can go ahead / i'm gonna be chillin' on my bed" while i'm going out to the mall to make friends with a drunken monk is just peak

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

i've never been able to get it before, but i'm getting better at the timing and reading attacks and stuff. plus it always felt so punishing before, but now I've internalized a couple things: a) losing souls/blood echoes when you die isn't a huge deal b) you can always farm for souls and consumables c) you don't have to fight everything, you can almost always just run past enemies

still not sure "playing from soft games" is gonna be something I wanna spend my time with forever but it's nowhere near as bad as I was thinking

you have learned all you need. now go forth and hunt!

Farecoal

There he go
Still proud of myself for defeating Ludwig, Living Failures, and Maria all on the first try. I had seen videos of them before but only briefly and didn't know their moves.

Too bad I got my rear end kicked by Orphan of Kos

watho

i love how Lotus re-worked some lyrics but some are just weird to hear over and over "you can go ahead / i'm gonna be chillin' on my bed" while i'm going out to the mall to make friends with a drunken monk is just peak

yeah that rhyme in particular feels a little forced and it's not a great lyric but it's fine and it's not liek it's any worse than "and dance while i put you in a trance"

Philippe

(she/her)

Farecoal posted:

Still proud of myself for defeating Ludwig, Living Failures, and Maria all on the first try. I had seen videos of them before but only briefly and didn't know their moves.

Too bad I got my rear end kicked by Orphan of Kos

Maria is maybe the platonic ideal of a Soulsborne boss fight. There are no cheap moves, the phases follow on from each other narratively and ludically, and the music is triumphant but also a bit sad.

Finger Prince

I tried out the demo of Bulwark on PS5. Neat sort of city building, resource fetching game. Really cool graphics, interesting concept, but completely hamstrung by terrible camera control. Like, it's really bad. Maybe they fix it on the full production game, because it feels like a game that should be good. As it is though it's frustrating enough to make me not want to play it.
I don't know if it's a result of being an indie game where the devs are the playtesters or something, so they don't see the problem, but how do you gently caress up an overhead camera system so badly?

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 20, 2024

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

orphan of kos, or some say kosm, is impossible and no amount of video evidence will ever convince me otherwise (deep state deepfakes????)

seriously by the time I was at the end of the dlc I hadn’t died to a boss in ages, even in the chalice dungeons, and was feeling pretty invincible. then orphan happened.

e: and then last week I was bored and started streaming a new character and my girlfriends tuned in to watch and got to see me get absolutely clowned by both Gascione and Cleric Beast, wtf

RavenousScoot

Pizza Tower is so stupidly good why did I wait so long to play it?

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Ass-penny

saw that Cult of the Lamb was 40% off in the Switch store so I finally started that tonight, it is very fun :)

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

RavenousScoot posted:

Pizza Tower is so stupidly good why did I wait so long to play it?

took me a long time to finally try it and i had the same reaction. i heard my kids talking about it and assumed it was a meme game like FNAF or whatever and just mentally chucked in the bin

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Just hopping in to say that helldivers 2 is really, really quite good. You and 3 dudes get dropped on a planet to gently caress up either bugs or terminators, your weapon choices largely don't matter (just play what's fun!), and you will inevitably get blown up a bunch by your teammates but that is okay, as long as you serve the federation and complete the mission nothing else matters.

You have like 20 respawns between your team, but they have to call it in with a button combo and pray they don't die while they are doing it.

*someone* will scream what the gently caress is that, call in an airstrike on it, and then it will charge you killing you all with the airstrike.

You can get revenge with the respawn pod, it gets dropped from space and you can steer it directly into the large thing that murdered you, or alternatively your buddy

The gameplay loop is wonderful, you are just trying to survive with ya Bois and take those dirty roaches down with you.

A+, it is the most BYOB of shooters.

Finger Prince

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Just hopping in to say that helldivers 2 is really, really quite good. You and 3 dudes get dropped on a planet to gently caress up either bugs or terminators, your weapon choices largely don't matter (just play what's fun!), and you will inevitably get blown up a bunch by your teammates but that is okay, as long as you serve the federation and complete the mission nothing else matters.

You have like 20 respawns between your team, but they have to call it in with a button combo and pray they don't die while they are doing it.

*someone* will scream what the gently caress is that, call in an airstrike on it, and then it will charge you killing you all with the airstrike.

You can get revenge with the respawn pod, it gets dropped from space and you can steer it directly into the large thing that murdered you, or alternatively your buddy

The gameplay loop is wonderful, you are just trying to survive with ya Bois and take those dirty roaches down with you.

drat that sounds great. I saw that in the store and thought hmm, this looks like it could be pretty fun.

Finger Prince

Lmao I called my ship The Superintendent of Individual Merit

RavenousScoot

Finger Prince posted:

Lmao I called my ship The Superintendent of Individual Merit

Founding Father of Wrath :c00lbert:

(that's about as far as I got though, haven't really played it yet beyond messing with the settings until it ran playably, the servers being too full to even let you run the tutorial or mess with the options didn't help)

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
sb hermit

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I'm watching the trailers now and I think that the best thing about far future combat is that capes are back in style.

It's the only thing that the 2021 Dune does better than the 1984 Dune.

kalel

sb hermit posted:

It's the only thing that the 2021 Dune does better than the 1984 Dune.

you're very lucky we're in the yob zone buddy, or I'd have some strong words :colbert:

sb hermit

kalel posted:

you're very lucky we're in the yob zone buddy, or I'd have some strong words :colbert:

:smith:

Areola Grande

:suspense:

kalel

I'm sorry sb hermit, you're entitled to your opinion

your wrong opinion :c00lbutt:

Areola Grande

watho posted:

i just got done with the second full moon today btw and gently caress it's still sooooo good. just extremely solid additions and tweaks to an already loving incredible game. i had forgotten some of the details of storylines that i remember the broad strokes of so i got the emotional gut punch of the little girl telling you her dad hit her for the second tiseme in my life.

:sigh: :homebrew::shepspends:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Philippe

(she/her)

I just defeated the Draconic Tree Sentinel and can go to Leyndell! gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

Anyone want a key for Disco Elysium?