Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Should have been a bunch of Gogs in the background doing a greek chorus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gog hasnt actually spoken a single word the speech bubbles are all diegetic

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Really, though, I do think that if it had been presented like this it would've been a little less jarring:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

they're the same image

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Edit the comic so that every time Allison does something someone else has thoughts like "Such Royalty... is this the power of Absurdism?"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

MikeJF posted:

Really, though, I do think that if it had been presented like this it would've been a little less jarring:

This carries the implication that Gog is narrating, though, which opens up a whole other can of worms. Proverbially speaking.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

This carries the implication that Gog is narrating, though, which opens up a whole other can of worms. Proverbially speaking.

Gog can narrate one scene, as a treat

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

A.o.D. posted:

The entire wheel is a thought bubble.

Comic ends with Zoss turning off the What-If-Machine, sitting back in his chair.

"So that's what things would be like if I'd reset the cycle. [Sigh]. A man can dream though. A man can dream..."

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

YaketySass posted:

Edit the comic so that every time Allison does something someone else has thoughts like "Such Royalty... is this the power of Absurdism?"

Every time Allison does something the other characters should think "Is she a dumbass....?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FuturePastNow posted:

Every time Allison does something the other characters should think "Is she a dumbass....?"
In every scene where Aesma isn't on screen, one of the other characters should ask "where's Aesma?"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

girl dick energy posted:

In every scene where Aesma isn't on screen, one of the other characters should ask "where's Aesma?"

They probably do, while looking over their shoulders.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Aesma ate the worm, but it didn't do anything so she punched my friend Gog-Agog in the face for lying.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

yeah but she's a talk show host here

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Thought bubbles are fine and can just mean they are Gog's thoughts

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Thought bubbles are fine and can just mean they are Gog's thoughts

but what if they're magical kungfu thought bubbles?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The thought bubbles are just worms.

The thoughts? Worms.

Your thoughts? Believe it or not, worms.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
you can't fool me, mister! it's worms the whooooooole way down!

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

even the money is worms

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Never did I think I'd see so much discussion of thought balloons of all things in a comic

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I know it's comic book shorthand for someone having internal dialogue, but what does it actually mean????

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

TwoPair posted:

Never did I think I'd see so much discussion of thought balloons of all things in a comic

With things like the thumb and the two light sources in the past, this is par for the course

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bussamove posted:

The thought bubbles are just worms.

The thoughts? Worms.

Your thoughts? Believe it or not, worms.

Gog manifests her thoughts in physical thought bubbles conjured by worms warping in from another world.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TwoPair posted:

When a comic has avoided using an particular element for 700+ pages, it's notable when it suddenly using it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

When a comic has avoided using an particular element for 700+ pages, it's notable when it suddenly using it.

Agree to disagree

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It may not be important to the story but it being notable isn't really something you can disagree with. It is an element of a comic, you might as well agree to disagree about the line weights.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Of course it's notable, the issue is people thinking that Allison must be able to hear the thoughts.

Which might have just been one person that seems like more than that because the whole thread has been talking about that for 2 pages, to be fair

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

Make them yellow boxes with black text, or maybe day-glo green-yellow boxes.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

YaketySass posted:

Should have been a bunch of Gogs in the background doing a greek chorus

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i think it reads fine and you are all idiots and nitpicking panel layout like that is stupid

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Of course it's notable, the issue is people thinking that Allison must be able to hear the thoughts.

I am pretty sure they indicate Allison, and ONLY Allison can hear the thoughts - Gog herself can not.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

GlyphGryph posted:

I am pretty sure they indicate Allison, and ONLY Allison can hear the thoughts - Gog herself can not.

:hmmyes:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

IMJack posted:

Make them yellow boxes with black text, or maybe day-glo green-yellow boxes.

yellow boxes. Or magenta, depending on the platform I am currently using.

Basically quote my posts

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Basically quote my posts
okay now what

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Congratulations, you're worms now!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yaaaaay :can:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

In the awful app the quote is green, like my good pal gog-agog.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

jsoh posted:

i think it reads fine and you are all idiots and nitpicking panel layout like that is stupid

It's an interesting formal decision! It's one that has never been made in the comic before!

I do think that quite plausibly it's a decision made in part because webcomics happen page by page, and it seems to have been done entirely to fit a Jojo reaction like that into a very small space... but honestly I also think it could have used more page space which would have let it be, for example, a bunch of Gogs outside the room or in the audience whispering to each other "Do you really think... she couldn't... could she? Why do I think she could?"

But that would have taken up much of a page, even if I think it would have been sick, so we get a formal break from the comic's usual visual language to have this.

And I agree that the point of this is that Gog is so arch and sarcastic that in order for us to believe she's really feeling the terror here, it has to be internal monologue in a way we can't question or challenge as readers. It has to be absolutely clear that Gog, the real Gog, the whole Gog, just had a moment of thinking "she can probably beat my rear end."

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Baller Ina posted:

I love Gog-Agog so much

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Shut the gently caress up everybody and eat this worm. - Gog reading this thread, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Everyone in this thread is banned from eati g the worm for nerd cooties prevention