Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah it's hard to tell if the bottom two were correct since the editing was pretty skewed. I didn't even think Morphine did that bad. Plane Jane was definitely the right winner though.

Also I'm excited for another design challenge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What queens has Ru seemed to really enjoy even if they were technically pretty bad at Drag Race? Because I think Mhi'ya is one of them. Not that I blame her. There's something incredibly charming about her even when she flips flops.

Cynthia? Alyssa? Vanjie? Jorgeous?

Mayhem gets asked to come back a lot, but I feel like that's more her being easy to work with production-wise. Ru seems pretty ambivalent about her.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 24, 2024

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
With Plane getting the redeemer edit, it’s pretty clear that Dawn is rising as the new villain of the season with her shady confessionals and her challenge equity. I’m honestly getting a bit behind the Plane edit, but I’m still mostly rooting for Sapphira to win, with Nymphia close behind.

EDIT: Spoilers for season 16I’m falling for Plane’s edit hook, line and sinker. The way she was shocked that Sapphira was safe and that she won on the main stage shows her vulnerability. I’m all behind the Sapphira and Plane relationship. Plane’s a lock for Top 4 at this point as is Sapphira. There’s something very compelling about the front Plane puts and it’s clear the editing team knows that.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 24, 2024

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aww that was a really sweet lipsync :unsmith:

Sapphira's James Brown was #1 for me but Jane wasn't far behind - at this point she feels like a totally different person to the Jane of the first few eps. And it was cool seeing Mhiya put herself out there but I didn't really find her funny? The only humour was seeing her be so out there after being so quiet all season.

Dawn shoulda won the mini-challenge for her Nymphia read fight me

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
"Beautiful Balkan War survivor" is one of the biggest Snatch Game laughs I've had in a while.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

"Beautiful Balkan War survivor" is one of the biggest Snatch Game laughs I've had in a while.

Big same. I knew the joke was going to be something like that and I still lost it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I didn't find Jane's snatch game as funny as most other people but it was a competent snatch game performance andit's very funny that they basically pulled the rug out from under us with the confessional edits of Jane and dawn

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Snatch game would be better if they all got a coaching session instead of the usual workroom visit. Let them workshop the characters with somebody who knows what they're doing.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Snatch Game was a two horse race. I thought Plane had the better jokes but Sapphira had the better energy. I'd prefer Sapphira to have another win at this point though. Xunami and Morphine gave my fave lip sync of the season so far but Dawn really should’ve been fighting for her life. She’s getting brave in these confessionals.

If my friends and I weren't arranging watch parties every week I would probably be dropping UKvTW2. That was one of the worst challenges I've ever seen. Nobody should have won.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Nymphia is still my top girl but I've been low-key "underdog" rooting for Jane since the beginning too. Sapphira is also perfection. Nymphia looked hilarious as Goodall, too bad she wasn't able to properly capitalize on it. But her runway, my god.

Xunami and Morphine's lipsync :3:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hol up. In a season boasting 5 Latinas, 4 of them went home before the halfway point, and the last probably doesn't have much time left either.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
At this point if a queen doesn’t have a win, they’re going to be just slowly eliminated.

As much as I like Dawn, she’s not getting into the final this season. I also assume because Dawn was doing a real-life person who is from a litigious group of jerks, they avoided showing much of her to avoid lawsuits.

So, it’s pretty much Plane, Sapphira, Nymphia and then either Plasma or Q. I imagine they’ll push Q before cutting her at 5.

Meanwhile on UK vs the World, I love Hannah Conda and wish she was doing better. I’m rooting for her and Tia. Grande Dame is fab, hope she can overcome the acting challenges.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Dawn's been kind of underwhelming from me; she had great kooky energy in the first episode, but when I think of her now, I just get such a negative vibe. I thought she'd be more fun than this.

UKvsTW: oof, bad challenge. I dislike how stank-faced and condescending Michelle is when they're trying to film their greenscreen stuff (I know that's the edit but, like Dawn, it just gives everything this veil of negativity). Not sad about the queen who went home; the placement feels correct.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Hannah conda is a joy and I'm glad to finally see her on a real season of drag race

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I love that we have a queen that looks and dresses like a wharfie with a face full of lip filler

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
Plane Jane. Hated her. Now love her. Anyone else?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Queer Grenadier posted:

Plane Jane. Hated her. Now love her. Anyone else?

Yeah same, no clue why though. She is acting the same way she was in the beginning its just more endearing now.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Plane Jane. Hated her. Still hate her. Anyone else?

Hate is a strong word, but I absolutely don't like her. She should have done Katya for snatch game, or a Russian dance for the runway since she's proud of that. Or use the platform to speak out against the war. I have tickets to see a Little Big in May and I know they are definitely anti-war.

Also has anyone ever done Ru on snatch game? Seems like a real easy way to make him laugh. Every time he asks a question all you have to do is respond back with some kind of crazy story about drugs and a club in the '70s and '80s and completely go off track before showing that you wrote down Lady Bunny for every answer. Anyway, that would make me laugh.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Flyinglemur posted:

Also has anyone ever done Ru on snatch game? Seems like a real easy way to make him laugh. Every time he asks a question all you have to do is respond back with some kind of crazy story about drugs and a club in the '70s and '80s and completely go off track before showing that you wrote down Lady Bunny for every answer. Anyway, that would make me laugh.

Ask Trixie how that went.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting

Flyinglemur posted:

Plane Jane. Hated her. Still hate her. Anyone else?

Hate is a strong word, but I absolutely don't like her. She should have done Katya for snatch game, or a Russian dance for the runway since she's proud of that. Or use the platform to speak out against the war. I have tickets to see a Little Big in May and I know they are definitely anti-war.

Trixie famously did Ru on All Stars 3 and bombed big time.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Ahhh, had forgotten that. Thanks. My brain probably blocked it out :)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPtRyHM3c7Q

Jessica Wild also did Ru all the way back in season 2

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Clever Spambot posted:

Yeah same, no clue why though. She is acting the same way she was in the beginning its just more endearing now.

I feel like she has been the most consistent with showing who she is. She has a long way to go, but her opening up a bit more about her family makes a lot of her quirks and communication style make more sense. I've noticed more of the girls starting to show their sassy and competitive nature. I guess at first I was like - where's the camaraderie and such from Plane, but when I realize she was going in as a competition and being a villain, it was the best entertainment! She backs up her poo poo, too.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sasha called Plane the "Jehovah's Witness" of shade on the Pit Stop and honestly, no lies detected.

e: tbf, more than just Plane is providing unsolicited shady advice and :munch:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I honestly have more issues with Dawn than I do with Plane at the moment. Part of the reason is that the edit is being extremely kind to Plane and fleshing out her character in the competition and putting her in a redeemer arc. Meanwhile, the last few episodes have been really shady with how they’ve edited Dawn, accentuating her bitchy comments and not showing her performance in challenges in a favourable light. Plane is the bitch you can see coming a mile away. Dawn’s edit makes her look like the person who is kind to your face but poo poo talks you behind your back.

There’s a reason Megami put Dawn as chaotic evil in her alignment chart.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

jimmydalad posted:

I honestly have more issues with Dawn than I do with Plane at the moment. Part of the reason is that the edit is being extremely kind to Plane and fleshing out her character in the competition and putting her in a redeemer arc. Meanwhile, the last few episodes have been really shady with how they’ve edited Dawn, accentuating her bitchy comments and not showing her performance in challenges in a favourable light. Plane is the bitch you can see coming a mile away. Dawn’s edit makes her look like the person who is kind to your face but poo poo talks you behind your back.

There’s a reason Megami put Dawn as chaotic evil in her alignment chart.

Agree with all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dawn's right tho

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I did notice that in the press and interviews at the start of the season, when the queens were asked who was the shadiest it was somewhat telling that Dawn seemed to be a more common answer than Plane.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I feel like it would've been for everyone's benefit it Dawn had gone when Mirage did. She'd get a 'unique look queen who went too soon' reputation without having a mediocre showing in most challenges and a shady edit. Mirage would've gotten to show more and likely wouldn't have gotten a bitchy edit (despite what her song claims), and of course the fans would've gotten to see more Mirage.

Although, she would've already started to show it since that was the episode she pushed Plasma into a role she didn't want. And the narrative would be her going home after doing that, heh.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Feb 26, 2024

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I think there might be a difference between being shady and being a straight up bitch. I think shade requires a bit more finesse

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Queer Grenadier posted:

I feel like she has been the most consistent with showing who she is. She has a long way to go, but her opening up a bit more about her family makes a lot of her quirks and communication style make more sense. I've noticed more of the girls starting to show their sassy and competitive nature. I guess at first I was like - where's the camaraderie and such from Plane, but when I realize she was going in as a competition and being a villain, it was the best entertainment! She backs up her poo poo, too.

Yeah once she talked about her extremely Slavic upbringing it all clicked into place and made perfect sense. It's the clashing of Slavic bluntness without the "don't talk about other people's business in public" and American opinion sharing without the "but be nice about it" that gives you the incredible constant foot in mouth energy she has. She went in planning to be a villain but I think she was shocked with how mean she comes off and doesn't know what to do with it lol

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Eej posted:

Yeah once she talked about her extremely Slavic upbringing it all clicked into place and made perfect sense. It's the clashing of Slavic bluntness without the "don't talk about other people's business in public" and American opinion sharing without the "but be nice about it" that gives you the incredible constant foot in mouth energy she has. She went in planning to be a villain but I think she was shocked with how mean she comes off and doesn't know what to do with it lol

Good analysis! Concur.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
They definitely sanded off some of Plane Jane's harder edges (and I think twice now have had confessionals with her explaining her Villain Origin Story), but I still don't like her, but I do respect her. As far as I can see, Plane, Saphira and Nymphia (bad Snatch Game aside) are a step above everyone else, and I would be shocked to see Plane in a bottom through the rest of the season.

Honestly, as much as I love her, Nymphia probably deserved to lip sync this past episode - and I would have been immensely curious how she would have approached it. Glad she didn't though, because I can't wait to see what she does with the next craft challenge. Also, she's just damned interesting to watch. Even if the Jane Goodall impression bombed, it was audacious and could have been very funny.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mike N Eich posted:

Honestly, as much as I love her, Nymphia probably deserved to lip sync this past episode - and I would have been immensely curious how she would have approached it. Glad she didn't though, because I can't wait to see what she does with the next craft challenge. Also, she's just damned interesting to watch. Even if the Jane Goodall impression bombed, it was audacious and could have been very funny.

Nymphia was in DC a couple weekends ago at Shakers, a new gay bar that opened last year. Some friends suggested we go and check her out, she was set to go on at 9PM, so we thought we'd get there at 8:30 to get seats to be safe. I got there, and the line was 2 blocks long. It's not a big bar, and lines aren't really a thing at DC bars, so we knew we weren't going to get inside in time to see her.

To me, this suggests that Nymphia is really connecting with fans in a way that I haven't seen with another contestant in a while.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Mike N Eich posted:

I honestly laughed my rear end off at the awkwardness of it all.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Nymphia was conceptually funny — the sort of thing that would make a great TikTok/IG short — but as per usual the Snatch Game’s requirement is that you make Ru laugh.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Rarity posted:

Dawn's right tho

This is how I’ve felt about it too. I’ve really enjoyed her performance, Snatch Game aside, but feel like she is just going to end up safe every challenge until she’s gone. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve really enjoyed her drag.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Kagon posted:

I don’t know what it is, but I’ve really enjoyed her drag elf cosplay.

bold are my own corrections. :D

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Every Season, there is a Jan. This year it is Dawn (unconfirmed).

I lowkey love Dawn's "no don't show that eeeeeeee" confessional moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My wife is convinced that Dawn is just Dollar Store Willow Pill and I'm trying to find a divorce lawyer now.

Which sucks because she's a divorce lawyer