Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

coconono posted:

Basing your entire online personality around liking a company seems…unhealthy?

its healthy if its nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

any person who makes being a fan their personality is weird and cringe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

coconono posted:

Unless it's FromSoft.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MJeff posted:

Unless it's FromSoft.

I just got the Armoured Core game. So far I'm not impressed!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dodge rolling is not a life skill

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

coconono posted:

yes it is

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

Sounds like somebody with the i-frames of a fat roller.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1761618104575001018

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1761789362050609168

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I just got the Armoured Core game. So far I'm not impressed!

Armored core rules

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This dude is quickly becoming my favorite

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Friendship ended with STARDOM. Now Pro Wrestling NOAH is my best friend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Goblin Queen posted:

Friendship ended with STARDOM. Now Pro Wrestling NOAH is my best friend.

He isn't giving up on Stardom, he's basically always watched it but doesn't always do videos on it, he doesn't think there is much demand for that. He only breaks up wth men's promotions, seemingly. He's quitting his two month flirtation with WWE for NOAH. He has a fascinating brain, and we can only hope that in 2-3 months he tears down his NOAH merchandise during a video.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
just look at cody and r truth

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I swear the whole 'what wrestling fans want the least of is wrestling' is the take that even when I know is being said in bad faith most threatens to have frontal lobe tear itself apart.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Why can't these people ever spell indie correctly

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Endigh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big Dave posted:

Why can't these people ever spell indie correctly

its funny because johnny from nL/deadlock claims that indy is the proper spelling of it and he never saw anyone spell it "indie" until the WWE started poaching talent from ROH and PWG in 2015 so he thinks its a psyop

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

That explains why dpw sucks

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Jawnny is right

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There was definitely an indy/indie divide during the 2000s and I liked indy at that point because it made it more obvious if someone was talking about music or wrestling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Indyana Jones

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
indy wrestling

indie music

thats what feels right to me and im sticking by it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Indyana Jones

Indieana Jones.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

There was definitely an indy/indie divide during the 2000s and I liked indy at that point because it made it more obvious if someone was talking about music or wrestling.

You could be talking about Scotty vortekz with Indy tho

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

What the company that's kept a TV show on the air for four and a half years in the worst environment for TV cancellation in decades doesn't realise is that I, a loving nobody, watch wrestling even though I don't like it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Honestly it's tiring watching people continually scream about AEW needs to become a carbon copy of WWE especially given they tried that in 2023 and it was the drizzling loving shits.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
AEW needs to become more like WCW, jack

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

AEW needs to become more like WCW, jack

cancelled due to an ill-fated merger

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
"I love WWE because of the stories"

The stories: I need to win this title for my dad. Actually maybe I'll let the Rock try. Nevermind

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Goblin Queen posted:

The stories: I need to win this title for my dad. Actually maybe I'll let the Rock try. Nevermind

everyone loves a spineless himbo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Goblin Queen posted:

Don't forget "Let's just do Sammy/Bloodline again but with R-Truth and Judgement Day"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
WWE storylines are tailor made and handcrafted for people who grew up huffing leaded gasoline

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Goblin Queen posted:

I don't think WWE has the high level video editors anymore that turned Bryan Danielson's stupid, useless, and meandering build to Mania 30 into a coherent, banger video package. Without the revisionist history stuff like that falls flat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My personal favorite wwe tale is the guy winning money in the bank and instantly becoming a feckless dumbass that can't win.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"Pro Wrestling needs to stop being good to stop showing up WWE" Has been a pretty consistent point in WWE fandom since I started posting to be fair.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Cult of Pies posted:

just look at cody and r truth

Flip this on them. Point out that if a show is all promos then nothing stands out as a good promo. Think about someone like the Miz, for example. He’s someone that even WWE fans acknowledge as being subpar in the ring but say his promo ability makes up for it. But where is the classic miz promo? Where is his “hard times” or his “Austin 3:16” promo? You think after 20 years he’d have something classic but instead it’s 2 decades of mediocrity. And I don’t want to pick on the miz in particular either, there have been very few promos in recent WWE history that are memorable. Cody’s “finish the story” one is probably the only one.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

They'll point at him dressing down a retired Bryan Danielson on a show no one watched.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The promo where he walked backstage and talked about the chicken-eating incident and fought MVP was pretty good by my recollection but that was like...12 years ago if not more.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I've been watching wrestling almost my entire life since the 80s. I really only want to watch hot moves & sicko strikes. Storylines other than "I want to fight you so I can prove I'm better than you" can take a hike imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Flip this on them. Point out that if a show is all promos then nothing stands out as a good promo. Think about someone like the Miz, for example. He’s someone that even WWE fans acknowledge as being subpar in the ring but say his promo ability makes up for it. But where is the classic miz promo? Where is his “hard times” or his “Austin 3:16” promo? You think after 20 years he’d have something classic but instead it’s 2 decades of mediocrity. And I don’t want to pick on the miz in particular either, there have been very few promos in recent WWE history that are memorable. Cody’s “finish the story” one is probably the only one.

There was that time he did a work-shoot on Daniel Bryan in that studio show no one watched