Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's kinda funny too knowing what we know now.

Wonder if the anime team knew about that cause IIRC that plot point came after the movie came out.
All Might somehow helps Deku get it back at the end.

Deku giving/sharing OFA with Bakugou was actually Horikoshi's original plan for the ending IIRC as per an interview for the second movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fabricated posted:

All Might somehow helps Deku get it back at the end.

Deku giving/sharing OFA with Bakugou was actually Horikoshi's original plan for the ending IIRC as per an interview for the second movie.

That villain was also a totally-not AFO Quirk collector

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
i wonder if he had any trouble thinking up a new ending

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

*remembers the last 50 or so chapters* nah

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think Deku getting a bunch of powers at 15, losing them all at 16 is like the recipe for a bitter old guy who looks back on his high school football victories lol

Also idunno, losing some or most of the powers would be fine, but if they get rid of the basic "can be stronger and faster" I think it just makes the whole drama of "ooooh you can't pass this on" completely moot anyway. It'd be a lot better for Deku to be the last holder of it, not being able to pass it down, rather than it just disappearing and so really who cares honestly.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The ending panel is going to be deku, a senile old man, rambling to the nursing home caretaker about how he became the greatest hero and she'll just be like "yes sir, you sure were."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He's just gonna become batman instead

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
he's going to become the greatest hero, but by becoming a doctor and curing cancer. completely unrelated to his prior heroics

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He's just gonna become batman instead

knuckleduster already exists

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hes retired

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

Knuckleduster in a few years.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CharlestonJew posted:

he's going to become the greatest hero, but by becoming a doctor and curing cancer. completely unrelated to his prior heroics

this is about the only way his giving shigaraki ofa because of deku's ridiculous savior complex would result in a satisfying ending

all I can think of each time Izuku shoves his powers into the bad guy is something like

"drat, you could probably have used that to better deal with a natural disaster in the future, is 'redeeming' shigaraki worth that?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jen X posted:

this is about the only way his giving shigaraki ofa because of deku's ridiculous savior complex would result in a satisfying ending

all I can think of each time Izuku shoves his powers into the bad guy is something like

"drat, you could probably have used that to better deal with a natural disaster in the future, is 'redeeming' shigaraki worth that?"

The manga literally has an entire arc about how, yes, that is absolutely the case and it isn't worth abandoning someone for the 'greater good.' Like it's the entire point of the Overhaul arc where Deku and Lemillion both hesitate about poor Eri and it absolutely loving tears both of them up inside to the point where Mirio sacrifices his powers to save her and fights without them out of a combination of desire to do right and guilt for his inaction. (Even if he gets them back later.)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
He's gonna use OFA but it'll just explode Shiggy and he'll have just killed him anyway, but also lost OFA making him both the greatest and stupidest hero.

"Man, I should've just, like, listened to everyone. Don't I look loving dumb."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Deku: No more quirks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Eri will give Deku all of his Quirks back offscreen, just like Mirio.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Eri will give Deku all of his Quirks back offscreen, just like Mirio.

Honestly I expect they'd use "it doesn't work that way for Deku since they are not his Quirks," same reason they haven't had Eri just rewind All Might.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Eri rewinding All Might would be pretty beneficial even if it didn't give him OfA back because then he'd be able to live out his life as a healthy normal person instead of a gaunt skeleton missing half his organs who coughs up blood after minor exertion/comic relief moments.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Eri rewinding All Might would be pretty beneficial even if it didn't give him OfA back because then he'd be able to live out his life as a healthy normal person instead of a gaunt skeleton missing half his organs who coughs up blood after minor exertion/comic relief moments.

Look, that is All Might's *thing*, you can't take it away from him. Remember how he responded when Bakugo tried?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

He's gonna use OFA but it'll just explode Shiggy and he'll have just killed him anyway, but also lost OFA making him both the greatest and stupidest hero.

"Man, I should've just, like, listened to everyone. Don't I look loving dumb."
leaving behind a barely conscious Tenko to be rehabilitated

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7672/my-hero-academia-chapter-415

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
These extremely short chapters are brutal

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I make one joke about Eri and she shows up in this chapter as the cliffhanger. :negative:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Goodbye, Eri.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Horikoshi has pretty clearly set up One for All and All for One as a matter/antimatter quirk/antiquirk kinda thing. The idea of them annihilating themselves (the quirks, that is, not Shiggy and Midoriya) is pretty clearly baked into the story at this point, even if it wasn't initially.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Julias posted:

These extremely short chapters are brutal

And there's another break next week!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Black Clover person had the right idea it seems like.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
so i'm guessing the way shigaraki is redeemed is by having deku's POV literally punched into his brain? i think that might be cheating but it does get the job done.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheHan posted:

so i'm guessing the way shigaraki is redeemed is by having deku's POV literally punched into his brain? i think that might be cheating but it does get the job done.

It looks less like Has Deku's PoV Punched Into His Brain and more Is Made To Remember His Friends And The People Who Care About Him. The fact that most of them are dead or, uh, almost as bad as dead is probably going to be glossed over or it'll be reason everyone seemed to survive and we'll see him chilling out with The Living Skeleton and a nurse with mysterious sharp teeth or something in the end.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Becoming the Greatest Hero by brainwashing Shigaraki into having ethics and morality.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

ImpAtom posted:

It looks less like Has Deku's PoV Punched Into His Brain and more Is Made To Remember His Friends And The People Who Care About Him. The fact that most of them are dead or, uh, almost as bad as dead is probably going to be glossed over or it'll be reason everyone seemed to survive and we'll see him chilling out with The Living Skeleton and a nurse with mysterious sharp teeth or something in the end.

i had the same thought, like shiggy's gonna think "drat, wish me and my friends did that!" after deku's mindfreaked him enough. and yeah, besides shigaraki's friends being as close to legally dead as you can get...they like the mass murder lol. dabi's the last guy deku should be reminding him of.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shigaraki the ultra nihilist who feels nothing but hatred toward heroes and society in general is going to get confronted with 'the greatest hero' giving up his superpowers in order to punch the memories of all the friends he made along the way back into his head. And this act of complete selflessness towards an enemy plus remembering all the good times with his villainous murderer besties may lead Shigaraki to decide against disintegrating the world.

I don't think that would exactly be 'redemption' in the way Shonen manga readers use the word, but that's my guess on how it will shake out.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Kurogiri showing up for a panel in those memories reminds me that we still have to resolve the whole Kurogiri/Aizawa/Present Mic stuff. Last we saw them was Kurogiri teleporting the other two away from the battlefield.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Kurogiri showing up for a panel in those memories reminds me that we still have to resolve the whole Kurogiri/Aizawa/Present Mic stuff. Last we saw them was Kurogiri teleporting the other two away from the battlefield.

Gotta save something for the upcoming Vigilantes one shot where the cast gets back together to help offscreen!!!

.. right?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know what they were going for, but the memory sequence fighting in the first few pages was pretty hard to parse what was going on. Without enough establishing shots it kind of just felt like random characters and bits of scenery were popping up in each panel, which disoreinted me more than it conveyed the disorientation of the characters.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Honestly Deku should have just tried the “Aren’t you excited for Elden Ring 2?” gambit.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020100
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-415/chapter/41788?action=read

How bold to publish a chapter with only 2 pages. One with Deku saying that he's going to punch him again, and the cliffhanger with Eri.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Seems like the story is setting up Eri to either rewind either characters to being a child or to save someone's dying breath. Though it would be interesting if Shigaraki just ended up stealing Eri's quirk.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Flair posted:

Seems like the story is setting up Eri to either rewind either characters to being a child or to save someone's dying breath. Though it would be interesting if Shigaraki just ended up stealing Eri's quirk.

This would be even stupider than what we thought please let it happen.

Eri is clearly the "get out of writing jail free" card if so, so hell, we still might get healthy All Might after all jfc lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Flair posted:

I wonder if we'll see Chisaki come back into play or if they just gave him a strange little cameo during the Nagant fight.