Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lobok posted:

I'm at the tail end of Act 3 and I barely even need Long Rests because I've got lots of Arcane Cultivation elixirs, Angelic Slumbers/Reprieves, health potions, spell scrolls, and I still have Shadowheart's Divine Intervention left if I want to use it for party replenishment.

I had a bag of elixirs because of course I haven't used them either, but tonight I could not find it for the life of me. I'm wondering if I sold it.

Man ng+ would be fun with this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Your summons can consume elixirs through the party inventory screen while you have them selected.

Why would you need to do this? You don’t but now your Deva has 27STR

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Black Noise posted:

Your summons can consume elixirs through the party inventory screen while you have them selected.

Why would you need to do this? You don’t but now your Deva has 27STR

I pictured this as them doing it without you knowing. "Guys why is Scratch flying and carrying a giant boulder"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just started act 3 and laezel told me we needed to put our feelings aside to focus on the mission, did I screw up the romance option or something?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Did you ever have a duel?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Lobok posted:

I'm at the tail end of Act 3 and I barely even need Long Rests because I've got lots of Arcane Cultivation elixirs, Angelic Slumbers/Reprieves, health potions, spell scrolls, and I still have Shadowheart's Divine Intervention left if I want to use it for party replenishment.

Doing this locks you out of a lot of content.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Black Noise posted:

Did you ever have a duel?

No, I talked to her all the time in camp but there weren't any real dialogue options after the sex in act one.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You’re in too deep you might’ve missed an approval check or some Gith interactions

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It's incredibly easy not to rest enough to go through your camp queue. My first run, Karlach timed out on me at the end of act 2. I got so confused I picked an old save just to try flushing it to see what happens and she was like 7 nights down - after Lae'zel, Wyll, and somehow, the owlbear.

Plays after that, I started resting way more liberally.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What actually counts as a "trap" for the fancy footwork achievement? Obviously the stun traps on the ground outside on the top level of the castle, but I presume the wall traps (incineration casters etc) too? Does making those go active count as activating a trap? Does it only count stuff on the top level where you actually fight Gortash? (assuming you attended the coronation earlier so he's left his throne room and gone upstairs)

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

wizard2 posted:

Can you circumvent everything from High Hall Courtyard to the beginning of the brain fight? I think I noticed that once I got through the doorway, all four of my characters were together? That is what I would attempt next time.

One workaround was mentioned, but today my Tav just popped an invis scroll, entered turn based mode, and used illithid flying to get to the top and touch the thing. Everyone teleports to the final area.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Oh God I just encountered the worst loving scenario of my own making. I brought the Necronomicon zombies to the Cazador fight, but the fight couldn't end because the zombies started to laboriously whittle down the 7(!) sacrifices. The zombies can't be withdrawn because they're AI controlled, so I killed the zombies, but that still didn't end the fight even though all enemies were dead. You can't fast travel out of Cazador's Castle or go to camp, so I'm going to crawl toward the exit in turn-based mode and see if that gives the option to flee. (edit: okay leaving and deaggroing everything fixed it and let me come back like nothing happened)

I feel like this has to be a glitch? Why does a fight even continue when all red portraits are dead.

mycot fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 26, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress you Yurgir you bitch, christ what an annoying fight

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

mycot posted:

Oh God I just encountered the worst loving scenario of my own making.

I feel like this has to be a glitch? Why does a fight even continue when all red portraits are dead.

I was able to fast travel from Cazadors castle after talking to the Gur. There is also a door you can open on the bottom level before the cells.

In my defense the Paladin won initiative and did it for me.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Turds in magma posted:

Camp supplies are totally a concern on solo honour mode

You know those items like "apples" or "rice" that show up on random tables or in barrels? Those count as camp supplies. You can right-click and send them to your chest in the camp if you're running out of room or weight-carrying capacity.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

rojay posted:

You know those items like "apples" or "rice" that show up on random tables or in barrels? Those count as camp supplies. You can right-click and send them to your chest in the camp if you're running out of room or weight-carrying capacity.

So does all the booze on the tables everywhere

Solaerin
Mar 11, 2015

Kingtheninja posted:

Just started act 3 and laezel told me we needed to put our feelings aside to focus on the mission, did I screw up the romance option or something?

I had the exact same thing happen to me on my current playthrough. I think it's from not long resting enough / not long resting outdoors in Act 2. I was constantly talking to her and had full approval but it never came up. If you're not playing honor mode it might work to load an old save in Act 2 just to long rest a couple times.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I have literally never come close to running out of camp supplies even on my first run when I barely knew how to play the game. On Tactician difficulty my camp chest is absolutely overflowing with wine and vegetables by act 3.

I could see maaaybe if you’re in honour mode and relying heavily on spellcasters and blowing all their spell slots every fight and running away to regroup after losing fights repeatedly you’d have to long rest enough to start running out?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just barged into the Steel Watch Foundry on my storm sorcerer and I'm NOT THRILLED about how the removed the lightning vulnerability for the Steel Watchers in the latest patch.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Throw water at them.

Just did Wyrms Rock and the Necromancer is a Chess Master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhhWlwqDfE

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

rojay posted:

You can pick up almost everything and still have issues on solo honour. Unless you're playing a specific type of build that can avoid resting, with only one character you have to rest way more frequently and at the doubled resource cost from Tactician.

I think I used literally the last rest's worth of supplies before the final fight in my solo honour run.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

I recline corrected.

Sounds like it'd be only slightly more fun than cleaning a barrel full of lampreys with my genitals to have to rest that often but you do you.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Black Noise posted:

You can also just pay the guy if you break your Oath.

Before you say immersion you can also donate ≈4,500 gold to get a gods favor as well. You aren’t aligned to a god through your oath but just a comparison.

Oh, you misunderstood, I was asking if any of the Durge events breaks your oath cause I wanna play Oathbreaker Resist Urge for full irony :v: I guess if it doesn't cause it would be pretty rude to players I can just choose Vengeance and not kill someone who according to Vengeance should die (Oathbreaker doesn't have to be evil, does it?)

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I did a full run as a Vengeance Durge and didn’t break my oath once. I just didn’t lie about the terrible things I’d done and it worked out fine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
kinda a missed homerun that Minthara has nothing to say to Oathbreakers, like Aylin would have been a perfect situation for a self satisfied "my conviction is stronger than an angels" or whatever

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

rojay posted:

Do you know how many times you need to rest in act 1 as a solo wizard on HM?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

grack posted:

Doing this locks you out of a lot of content.

lol, well the game is sending me mixed messages with quests that seemed timed so I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lobok posted:

lol, well the game is sending me mixed messages with quests that seemed timed so I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

If you're on PC, there's a mod that just tells you when night events are ready to pop.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dawgstar posted:

If you're on PC, there's a mod that just tells you when night events are ready to pop.

No, PS5. Do the characters saying they need to rest provide some hint? They seem to get tired pretty easily so I haven't paid them any attention.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lobok posted:

No, PS5. Do the characters saying they need to rest provide some hint? They seem to get tired pretty easily so I haven't paid them any attention.

It's a good rule of thumb from what I've heard.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If there's one thing I think the game could really use in a theoretical Definitive Edition it's a big "welcome to Act 3" setpiece battle, somewhat analogous to the Kraken from DOS2. There's a long comedown between the climactic and challenging Act 2 finale and the ton of story and exposition that follow, and the early encounters of Act 3 are much smaller around the same time at which you're getting the most powerful Level 5 and 6 spells. Depending on how many people you've saved in Acts 1&2, it can be literally 3-4 hours before you're in another combat encounter altogether. You don't really run into anything that prompts you into using your full character kit again until the Lower City, unless you interrupt the coronation, which has a lot of other deleterious effects that you might not really want.

I think there would be a nice opportunity for a challenging combat encounter before you reach Wyrm's Crossing in Rivington, maybe the Elder Brain breaks free for a moment and you have to contain it as it starts transforming the local populace into mindflayers. Something that encourages you to stay awake in between all the smaller events scattered about.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Isn't that what the camp ambush by the gith is for?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Those gith messed me up bad the first time.

The start is kinda undertuned though, most of the fights in Rivington/Wyrm's Crossing are very low key compared to the previous chapter.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Isn't that what the camp ambush by the gith is for?

They can hurt but they don't really communicate "you are entering the third act of this epic CRPG" in the way that the Creche/Grymforge/Moonrise battles wrap up their respective arcs.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

When you're selecting a waypoint and it tells you "this is in a different region" there's not really any actual problems there right? Just giving you a heads up that there will be load time?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

If there's one thing I think the game could really use in a theoretical Definitive Edition it's a big "welcome to Act 3" setpiece battle

I think the game has been weak on selling the threat/impact of this supposed army headed to Baldur's Gate. I saw its periphery when I took that one pathway west out of the Act 2 map but maybe to start Act 3 we could encounter a significant scouting group ahead of the main force.

It could be a preview of certain enemy types to come or a grab-bag of various things faced so far (or both), especially because enemy types in this game seem to have just one specific location or time to shine. We learn how scarily widespread and pervasive the tadpole infections are so having a big ol' Gamemaster Anthony fight to highlight that would be cool.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Medullah posted:

When you're selecting a waypoint and it tells you "this is in a different region" there's not really any actual problems there right? Just giving you a heads up that there will be load time?

correct

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I agree more could be done to sell Keith's approaching army but otherwise I really like the burbs. Having some downtime between the intense Act 2 finale and the overwhelming sprawl of Act 3 would've been a deliberate decision. Particularly since, as tarbrush says, you'd've already thought you were in the clear until Orpheus's death squad showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If you're worried about missing events due to not resting often, just remember that every time you do a long rest, do another 1-2 long rests right after without using any camp supplies. This is a partial rest and doesn't give you back spell slots etc., but you don't need them back anyway since you just did a long rest. This helps to make sure your pile of camp events gets cleared periodically. Just don't do it if you're in the middle of a timed quest obviously