Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1761872885583392806?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They tell on themselves in the comments of the OP. "Um, we actually KNOW Mistico is Sin Cara because WWE is the most popular" but then complain he's not built up??

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Leslie is the person who gets posted in the this thread that drives me up the wall the most. Him blatantly just framing his opinions through the lens of politics and race so he can argue his opinions are Morally Correct is incredibly irritating

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
remembering when a young okada wrestled for TNA lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I just cannot fathom the "AEW is racist because they don't spend 6 months airing video packages for every single Japanese wrestler that stops by" takes, especially when WWE had a Japanese man dressing up as a Ninja and a Japanese woman dressing up as a magical schoolgirl as recently as what, a year or two ago? Also the whole "Mustafa Ali secretly did 9/11 somehow even though he was was like 7 years old at the time"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The first time Akiyama was brought in they brought him in for a dream tag, touted him as a legend, he won and it set up a match with him and Eddie which Eddie won. To say he wasn't treated with respect is just Leslie's bad faith posting.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I didn't think Collision's ratings could get worse than last week. 😔

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1761855495474938196?t=4lBdB_EcmRSbndXTICHv5A&s=19

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s also funny to see who Leslie hates all of a sudden. Like he just realised Excalibur is a PWG guy and therefore Bucks-coded so now he’s bad

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Drakkel posted:

I just cannot fathom the "AEW is racist because they don't spend 6 months airing video packages for every single Japanese wrestler that stops by" takes, especially when WWE had a Japanese man dressing up as a Ninja and a Japanese woman dressing up as a magical schoolgirl as recently as what, a year or two ago? Also the whole "Mustafa Ali secretly did 9/11 somehow even though he was was like 7 years old at the time"

They were really going to run with this for Kenzo Suzuki

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
never before have i seen people who arent in the television business care so much about ratings

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/andre_the_king_/status/1761986532330680390?t=l9XUvoYyhLx-twfjBHrw9w&s=19

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

watching wcw and folding my arms because who the gently caress is jushin thunder liger

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Edit: I misread.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Feb 26, 2024

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
do they understand that like, jun akiyama and the cmll guys are making special appearances and aren't like, new main roster mainstays?

has the open nature of aews booking completely shorted the fedwatcher brain?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
i know some people think covid ruined leslie's brain but all of his takes were awful before that happened

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

shiksa posted:

do they understand that like, jun akiyama and the cmll guys are making special appearances and aren't like, new main roster mainstays?

has the open nature of aews booking completely shorted the fedwatcher brain?

Jordynne Grace shows up in the Rumble - "Oh my God what a surprise, this is awesome!"

Anybody shows up in AEW - "who the - what the - huh?!?!?"

That's all it is. None of these people are arguing in good faith.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

never before have i seen people who arent in the television business care so much about ratings
you should see sports fans citing how full a stadium is when their rivals are doing better than them in a season

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

Jordynne Grace shows up in the Rumble - "Oh my God what a surprise, this is awesome!"

Anybody shows up in AEW - "who the - what the - huh?!?!?"

That's all it is. None of these people are arguing in good faith.

It's this. Even the nobody accounts that desperately tweet and retweet fed content and then try to engage with AEW are just doing it for the easy trolling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Leslie isn't even a checkmark so he's not doing it for Elon Bux, he's just in it for the love of the game.

Offhand I don't know whether the "doing it for Elon bucks" or "doing it just to do it" crowd is more pitiable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Leslie isn't even a checkmark so he's not doing it for Elon Bux, he's just in it for the love of the game.

Offhand I don't know whether the "doing it for Elon bucks" or "doing it just to do it" crowd is more pitiable.

Leslie had a checkmark for awhile and just hid it. Not sure if he still has one but I think he ditched it a few months after he pivoted to threads, and then pivoted back realizing no one would ever use threads.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Are there other fandoms who argue over TV ratings? I'll see people talk about how Survivor did and like, compare it to previous seasons of the show. But are there people who post Survivor and Amazing Race ratings and say stuff like "Amazing Race in the loving MUD - down 31% from last week! Jeff Probst remains the GOAT!"?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MJeff posted:

considering there's people who do it here on these forums and PAID to troll it's not that shocking

like, there was even that dude who paid to re-reg and immediately get banned again a few weeks ago lol

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The trolls are the true workers of the wrestling industry.

The masters of the cheap heat.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Fart Radio posted:

i know some people think covid ruined leslie's brain but all of his takes were awful before that happened

I used to follow Leslie but he got really annoying when he jumped on "the Star Wars prequels were always good" bandwagon well before the CM Punk stuff. FWIW the prequels have kinda grown on me over the years but goddamn he was so annoying about it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Leslie had a checkmark for awhile and just hid it. Not sure if he still has one but I think he ditched it a few months after he pivoted to threads, and then pivoted back realizing no one would ever use threads.

Okay, "hidden checkmark" guys are definitely the most pitiable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Are there other fandoms who argue over TV ratings? I'll see people talk about how Survivor did and like, compare it to previous seasons of the show. But are there people who post Survivor and Amazing Race ratings and say stuff like "Amazing Race in the loving MUD - down 31% from last week! Jeff Probst remains the GOAT!"?

Yes, the XFL and USFL fans argued over ratings, you'll see fans of various shows talk about ratings from time to time, movie fans argue about box office, music fans would argue about sales. Companies advertise how popular their shows and movies are too, #1 Show/Film in America is a very common ad.

It's a bit less common in TV fandoms now just because there are so few shows on TV that are really competing with each other.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The Monday Night Wars were a million times worse

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Avatar and Top Gun Maverick fans use the box office to defend their very mediocre forgettable movies too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

what the gently caress is the point of the checkmark if you hide it?!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

To make longer posts and edit posts and get reply priority but not let anyone know you have a checkmark, except they can tell you have one because edited posts get marked and longer posts say read more.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

do they understand

No.

It’s one of those “the person whose paycheck depends on not noticing something will not notice the thing” situations, even if they aren’t being paid

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

Everybody who buys the checkmark gets mercilessly mocked for it so they made an option to hide it but all of the checkmark features are pretty obvious, so people can still tell. If your tweet is over 280 characters there's only one explanation for it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

pathetic

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MJeff posted:

Everybody who buys the checkmark gets mercilessly mocked for it so they made an option to hide it but all of the checkmark features are pretty obvious, so people can still tell. If your tweet is over 280 characters there's only one explanation for it.

And Leslie barely gets any engagement as it is, however many thousands of followers he has.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's dumb enough to pay for a checkmark just to hide it so he's dumb enough to buy followers too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Leslie didn't buy followers he just annoyed them.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/michaelhamflett/status/1761502308838379544

Why would you pay two hundred dollarydoos to watch Insert Generic Wrestler walk to the ring to Insert Generic Def Rebel Theme.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TinTower posted:

Why would you pay two hundred dollarydoos to watch Insert Generic Wrestler walk to the ring to Insert Generic Def Rebel Theme.

average wwe 2k player

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
my theory that if you removed the wrestling from WWE it's fans would consider it a massive improvement grows stronger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

TinTower posted:

You don't even get to see the giant AR Roman Reigns if you see it live. 😔