Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've been microdosing with the flowerpot over the past few days, using about 0.04-0.05g spread thinly in a shovelhead bowl. I'm getting a more efficient vape than the half chambered dynavap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Faxanadus posted:

drat I didn't realize it was still illegal there, wtf guys

its still illegal just about everywhere in Europe. there are a few shades of gray, some countries (or individual cities) in which its decriminalized, technically still illegal but not very enforced, but outright legalization in Europe is very rare.

congrats to the Germans!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Earwicker posted:

its still illegal just about everywhere in Europe. there are a few shades of gray, some countries (or individual cities) in which its decriminalized, technically still illegal but not very enforced, but outright legalization in Europe is very rare.

congrats to the Germans!

Is this the final solution to the illicit market?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I have one of those. Lets you vape while LARPing.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Thanks to whoever linked the sale on ball vapes.
I had this large amount of mids I was struggling to smoke fast enough but wow the bowl size on this is amazing.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

A couple of questions for people who grow their own supply:
1) How many plants is enough to supply your own use?
2) What is your average monthly cost for growing?

I'm currently fantasizing about quitting everything in my life except for marijuana and wondering how much money I'd need if I lived in a lovely place and ate nothing but rice and beans and did nothing else with my life besides get high and read library books.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm currently fantasizing about quitting everything in my life except for marijuana and wondering how much money I'd need if I lived in a lovely place and ate nothing but rice and beans and did nothing else with my life besides get high and read library books.

I can't answer all your questions, but I can say this: You'll need plants in a variety of stages if you want a constant supply of new weed, as it takes about 3 months or so for a seedling to go to full harvest. Maybe longer. Number of plants needed will vary based on your grow space, as a single plant can produce a lot of weed if you let it, but it can take up a lot of space. Smaller plants might be more ideal. But regardless, you'd want to develop a schedule where you have some plants as seedlings, others just growing under lights 24/7, and then the ones that are flowering under 12/12 or something similar. You'd need different lighting spaces to pull that off.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Every once in a while I forget how much higher I get when my bong/bubbler is clean. Cleaning a small piece every day / every other day is totally worth the effort.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Alternatively get multiples of said part and wash a batch of them every week.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
yep just broke down and cleaned the dynavap / unclogged the screen and hello from up here

I like the way the dynavap cleans up after it's super grungy, it looks so nice sparkling clean

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

redshirt posted:

I can't answer all your questions, but I can say this: You'll need plants in a variety of stages if you want a constant supply of new weed,
you need to store it well. i grew way too much weed back in ~2010 because i badly underestimated how much weed ~9 plants in a 4x4 grow cab would produce. i ended up with drat near a kilogram of flower and finally smoked the last of it in 2022. kept in moisture-controlled mason jars. kept wonderfully.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hellblazer187 posted:

You want 40 watts per square foot of modern white LEDs (don't gently caress with anything else), and can reasonably target 1.5-2.5 grams per watt once you get things figured out. So from a 2x4 tent with 300 watts of light, 450-750 grams every ~90 days

You'll be running esentially a 300 watt heater/humidifier and will be fighting both of those numbers down in the space outside the tent (maybe requiring supplemental AC and a dehumidifier). This is where the surprise emergency costs will get you when everything is steaming along in flower.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 27, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

you need to store it well. i grew way too much weed back in ~2010 because i badly underestimated how much weed ~9 plants in a 4x4 grow cab would produce. i ended up with drat near a kilogram of flower and finally smoked the last of it in 2022. kept in moisture-controlled mason jars. kept wonderfully.

Or that.

That's some storage. 12 year old weed was still good? Still sticky?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've has like ~3-4 year old stuff that was fine but :drat:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I smoked some 8-9 year old weed once. It was so dry that it touching it caused it to crumble from the stem. It got me intensely high for about an hour, and then I blinked and I was sober.

Its my understanding that THC breaks down in sunlight, so as long as its kept in the dark? :shrug:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Or that.

That's some storage. 12 year old weed was still good? Still sticky?

if you're using sealing canning jars, it's really not that crazy. No new oxygen is being introduced, the product is kind of in a stasis with 1-2% humidity loss year over year I think I heard somewhere? Regardless, mason jar sealed weed w/ a humidity regulating packet can keep weed good for years

legit just uncovered a 2 year old nug I stashed away with a Boveda pack and the thing smells exactly as I remember it two years ago

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Like if you're buying anything more than a few 8ths at a time, invest in some Ball canning jars and some Boveda packs and you can make your weed last for loving ever, major bonus points that it won't be dry and crumbling to the touch!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Boveda 58% humidity packs

Boveda 62% humidity packets

here's links to the humidity packs I use, you can usually buy them at local headshops or tobacco shops. 58% and 62% are the best ones for weed iirc. Anything higher and you're inviting mold to your mary jane party

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
someone recently told me a batch of weed ive kept in mason with boveda packs was moldy but i personally disagree after inspecting every nugget inside and out (destroying most of them in the process lol) with a magnifying glass. i use the 58% packs. maybe it is from before i jarred it and i know spotting mold on bud can be tricky and perhaps there are some things i dont know to look for. does anyone have a good guide or tips?

(the person who told me is generally knowledgeable so im erring on the side of caution and getting rid of it. i may save one piece so i can have them show me in person what they see that i am missing)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

someone recently told me a batch of weed ive kept in mason with boveda packs was moldy but i personally disagree after inspecting every nugget inside and out (destroying most of them in the process lol) with a magnifying glass. maybe it is from before i jarred it and i know spotting mold on bud can be tricky and perhaps there are some things i dont know to look for. does anyone have a good guide or tips?

(the person who told me is generally knowledgeable so im erring on the side of caution and getting rid of it. i may save one piece so i can have them show me in person what they see that i am missing)

did it smell perfumey? IME its a lot easier to smell mold than see it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it smelled like weed to me but i dont have the best sense of smell in the world. id always heard moldy weed would have more of a hay-like or funky smell

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I recently bought a half from one guy, and 1/8ths from two different people. The half is in a baggie, and the baggie is in one of those glass jars with the hinge lever thingie. The 8ths are each stored in a POTV vacuum container. I expect this 3/4 oz of weed will last me six months.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

someone recently told me a batch of weed ive kept in mason with boveda packs was moldy but i personally disagree after inspecting every nugget inside and out (destroying most of them in the process lol) with a magnifying glass. i use the 58% packs. maybe it is from before i jarred it and i know spotting mold on bud can be tricky and perhaps there are some things i dont know to look for. does anyone have a good guide or tips?

the michigan weed subreddit has been on a huge "EVERY NUG HAS MOLD!!!" kick for the last couple of months, so glad to see its not just morons in my state. basically any nug that has slightly different coloration towards the center of the nug is automatically called moldy

fyi, you can smell the mold if it's ACTUALLY moldy. It overpowers the weed smell, its a sure sign something is wrong

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
weird that people on weed would be a little paranoid...that's never happened before as far as I can tell.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Here it seems less like paranoia and more like the desire to be the one to provide BREAKING NEWS about another way that DispensaryX sucks.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Here it seems less like paranoia and more like the desire to be the one to provide BREAKING NEWS about another way that DispensaryX sucks.

oof drat

that said there's a lot of lovely weed companies out there.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
yeah, there's poo poo tons of bad actors out there in the dispensary space. to varying degrees too. Just trust your gut and if you feel something isn't right, just toss it and move on. I've done that with carts and flower and poo poo before, something just wasn't right

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
do make sure to get some grapefruit durban next time you restock though because this strain rules

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

yeah, there's poo poo tons of bad actors out there in the dispensary space. to varying degrees too. Just trust your gut and if you feel something isn't right, just toss it and move on. I've done that with carts and flower and poo poo before, something just wasn't right

imo any good dispensary will have a deal where if there's any problem with a cart you can bring it back in and exchange it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

do make sure to get some grapefruit durban next time you restock though because this strain rules

that sounds awesome, I would buy just based on the name.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
There was a strain here recently that had Forbidden Fruit in its lineage, and tasted a whole lot like grapefruit (and a little diesel). Very polarizing taste, but I thought it was delicious.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

imo any good dispensary will have a deal where if there's any problem with a cart you can bring it back in and exchange it

Same with any flower you think is funny. Dispos SHOULD be willing to make you feel safe about using their product and good ones will. I got some whack rear end flower once from a quarter oz deal from my regular dispo and they let me trade it for another strain cuz it was basically smalls and crumbling upon touch. Dude seemed upset they let it get out the door lol That’s why they are my regular place

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
heres the leafly page for grapefruit durban , it’s a mix between Durban Poison and Grapefruit shockingly. It’s pretty buzzy and social, great daytime poo poo

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

LifeSunDeath posted:

weird that people on weed would be a little paranoid...that's never happened before as far as I can tell.
I think there's a really weird relationship between weed, people with anxiety disorders and/or who are neurotypical, and statistics/anecdotes.

For one example, and this is extremely speculative, but I really feel many people who are medically classified into the "addicted to weed" category also suffer from anxiety disorders, which smoking weed often helps with. So when they go cold turkey they're not just dealing with substance withdrawals.

I was an insomniac before I started smoking weed. The latter, and other things like appetite issues from anxiety, and the general mental discomfort, can be incorrectly interpreted as withdrawal symptoms.

I guess what I'm trying to say before I veered off course is weed balances me out. For others, it takes them out of their comfort zone. It's going to have a different effect on everyone, and different strains will impact that, but I'd say paranoia is a very common experience, especially for new users.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jelly posted:

For one example, and this is extremely speculative, but I really feel many people who are medically classified into the "addicted to weed" category also suffer from anxiety disorders, which smoking weed often helps with. So when they go cold turkey they're not just dealing with substance withdrawals.

this is also extremely speculative, but i think there are different kinds of "addicted to weed".

i am addicted to weed in the sense that i smoke it every day and it keeps me, for lack of a better word, normal. ive been smoking it so long and with such frequency that is very rare that i actually get stoned, but dealing with people and public spaces and many elements of daily life is significantly easier. i am also on the spectrum and have various brain poo poo going on that weeds helps with a lot. i have a job, i work hard at it, and i get poo poo done. weed helps me with that too. you are probably in this category as well and many others itt.

but there is also the kind of "addicted to weed" that results in the stereotypical jobless stoner who sits on the couch playing videogames and eating junk food all day. and while thats a stereotype, i think we all know people who've had phases or even entire lives like that. thats the more problematic kind of addicted to weed. i do think, in the case of these people, its not really the weed, there's something else going on that needs to be dealt with, but the weed makes it a lot worse.

but paranoia affects both sides of that coin, and also tons of people who aren't smoking any weed at all. because paranoia is justified. this is 2024, a certain amount of paranoia is simply necessary to live in this world. and you absolutely should be wary of what dispenaries are selling because its a very quickly expanding market with a lot of sketchy people involved in it. not just at the dispensary level, so sometimes if they are selling something thats off its not their fault - thats why good places will let you exchange. and, just imo, but stay the gently caress away from any place that even touches kratom or delta8

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 27, 2024

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jelly posted:

I think there's a really weird relationship between weed, people with anxiety disorders and/or who are neurotypical, and statistics/anecdotes.

I was an insomniac before I started smoking weed. The latter, and other things like appetite issues from anxiety, and the general mental discomfort, can be incorrectly interpreted as withdrawal symptoms.

I guess what I'm trying to say before I veered off course is weed balances me out. For others, it takes them out of their comfort zone. It's going to have a different effect on everyone, and different strains will impact that, but I'd say paranoia is a very common experience, especially for new users.

I was basically the MOST paranoid person on weed for the first 20 years, now I'm pretty much immune to it, and brush it off as the noia and have a great time every time.

weed be like that tho

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
this thread is almost as good as weed sometimes

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
growing small crops is a fun, engrossing hobby with a great punchline
getting it all right is a cross between "its a weed and grows like one" and "so many destructive little variables to avoid".
Weed professor Bruce Bugbee on youtube has all the basics and is really helpful in grasping fundamentals.
getting good strains is the most important thing
careful with humidity and loving 2 spot mites

Carlos Lantana fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 27, 2024

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
got a big ol 2OZ jar of jelly rancher distillate dab city baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
also gently caress Poln (australia) for being an overpriced gouging tool who kills scripts after 6 months.
this may have been a TGA thing, but it fits polns form
I got what I need (drs letter and some labelled bags)
Poln sells dryed up miserable little popcorns for $15/gram
they will fill your inbox with begging messages
dont do it if you were thinking about it