Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Just wanted to let everyone know that these memes are for red blooded fair dinkum aussies ONLY. Seppos step outside and go for a nice walk alongside a freeway or something. Thank you.

i hate that the frames are wrong for the dialogues towards the end and I apologize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

reported. please seek out your nearest American embassy for re-education

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Aussies are just British Texans, dunno how well the re-education is going to work out.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

e = mc2 + AI

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Aussies are just British Texans, dunno how well the re-education is going to work out.

i think texans are the British texans

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Considering Australia formed as an English penal colony after America won its independence & couldn't send its prisoners there anymore, Australia is more like New Georgia.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hmm. The official dub is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZm5QvpfonY

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Aussie Simpson meme crossover is good

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

poo poo….

oval office!!!

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

IMO, force the US to rename it New Georgia out of respect for original recipe Georgia

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freemason Rush Week posted:

IMO, force the US to rename it New Georgia out of respect for original recipe Georgia

So then we do we call New Georgia? Rename it Georgia3?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

fartknocker posted:

So then we do we call New Georgia? Rename it Georgia3?

Fair point. Rename it Newer-Than-Old-Georgia-But-Not-As-New-As-New-Georgia Georgia.

Rolls right off the tongue.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
NewGeorgeGeorgia, GGGeorgia, or G3orgia.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Geor-geor-georgia, or as the kids say, JoJo’s-georgia

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

kalel posted:

reported. please seek out your nearest American embassy for re-education

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Losing my poo poo at 'its just ya menopause"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Look I'm only going to explain this once. Queenslanders are both just British Texans and British Florida except the crocodiles live in North Qld but every old bastard goes to southeast qld to retire. Every other part of Australia is just some other hosed poo poo.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

What about Tasmania

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

What about Tasmania

Forgot it existed ngl.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hell yes, thanks a lot!

https://twitter.com/AdrisCardinal/status/1754183185649594621

https://twitter.com/ShitpostGate/status/1758355756800250247
https://twitter.com/nameoftheyear/status/1758647702483857861
https://twitter.com/SynthPotato/status/1749811417656750106

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Look I'm only going to explain this once. Queenslanders are both just British Texans and British Florida except the crocodiles live in North Qld but every old bastard goes to southeast qld to retire. Every other part of Australia is just some other hosed poo poo.

I was vaguely thinking about some places I'd like to visit in Queensland and I've always wanted to go to the Daintree rainforest, so I was like ok sweet, maybe fly into Brisbane, rent a car, grab some camping gear, drive up

Then a little niggling voice in the back of my mind was like hold up, something's not right with this, let's just check that real quick. So I throw the route into google maps and it's 1800km. 21.5 hours non stop driving

And they're not even the furthest points in the state

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This also happens when Europeans fly into Los Angeles and think they can lump in Disneyland and Yosemite in one day

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

ynohtna posted:

e = mc2 + AI

Just knowing this is written on a whiteboard somewhere is making me angry.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Had the opposite thing in Japan where we were staying in Kyoto and doing two days in Osaka and was shocked we weren't just getting a hotel there.

They're like 45 minutes away, I just kinda assumed it would be multiple hours each way.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One of those things Americans do that we don't realize that sounds weird to other people is we talk about distance in terms of time instead of, well, distance.

Or at least that's what reddit threads about "what do Americans do that's weird" have told me

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^North Americans, because Canadians also love saying that that's a thing Canadians do

ranbo das posted:

Had the opposite thing in Japan where we were staying in Kyoto and doing two days in Osaka and was shocked we weren't just getting a hotel there.

They're like 45 minutes away, I just kinda assumed it would be multiple hours each way.

Any place with bullet trains is going to feel a whole lot smaller so maybe it actually it is multiple American hours away.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

The front is 3 hours away

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lobok posted:

Any place with bullet trains is going to feel a whole lot smaller so maybe it actually it is multiple American hours away.

I mean, it's also a size difference. Japan is a bit smaller than California.

When you live most of your life in a country where you've visited places 3 time zones away it's going to color your expectations of how far is "really far away". Kyoto to Osaka is 34 miles. I've driven that to go find a weird specialty knob at the weird specialty electronics store that's on the other side of town.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

zoux posted:

One of those things Americans do that we don't realize that sounds weird to other people is we talk about distance in terms of time instead of, well, distance.

Or at least that's what reddit threads about "what do Americans do that's weird" have told me

That’s a people that commute in large cities by car vs everybody else thing. Rural Americans tend to talk about distance too.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Times New Georgia

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Some nations are just really loving big

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Some nations are just really loving big

This is so hosed up and I can’t believe you’re coming this real rn

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hey baby, wanna see my huge nation?

We got enough space to hide all kinds of crimes against nature

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Oh, whitewash my history, baby

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

also Georgia should be renamed to "The Hole"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Lobok posted:

^^North Americans, because Canadians also love saying that that's a thing Canadians do

Um, duh, "Americans" is less specific than "North Americans", so

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

CainFortea posted:

I mean, it's also a size difference. Japan is a bit smaller than California.

When you live most of your life in a country where you've visited places 3 time zones away it's going to color your expectations of how far is "really far away". Kyoto to Osaka is 34 miles. I've driven that to go find a weird specialty knob at the weird specialty electronics store that's on the other side of town.

34 miles is pretty much my commute to work. And it's the shortest commute I've ever had.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Velocity Raptor posted:

34 miles is pretty much my commute to work. And it's the shortest commute I've ever had.

Man, my first job's commute way about 35 miles (from one city to a neighbouring one) and that poo poo was so intolerable I moved over there just to not have to deal with it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TremorX posted:

also Georgia should be renamed to "The Hole"

From what?