Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

We know Bryan did not buy a house in Hawaii because he did not complain about how he went to the house store and they got his order wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lone Goat posted:

We know Bryan did not buy a house in Hawaii because he did not complain about how he went to the house store and they got his order wrong.

lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Bryan Haolevarez

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wondering what a bryan alvarez & dan ryckert run podcast empire would be like

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Insufferable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edge & Christian posted:

Do we have proof that he's actually been to Hawaii and they don't just put him in a box and shake it around and make airplanes noises for a few hours and then pull him out and put a lei on him and a plastic palm tree in his living room and tell him he's in Hawaii now?

Endless Mike posted:

A house-like structure

Lone Goat posted:

LOL but also, and I can not stress this enough, LMAO.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

randomly remembering the time that Bryan said he stopped throwing out his own trash at fast food restaurants and started just leaving it on the table because otherwise the workers won't clean the tables properly

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

STONE COLD 64 posted:

"I eat Oreos with Nacho Cheese"
""Are you kidding me, Dan"

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Alaois posted:

randomly remembering the time that Bryan said he stopped throwing out his own trash at fast food restaurants and started just leaving it on the table because otherwise the workers won't clean the tables properly
excuse me what

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y27roX8ZXE

I didn't see this, and never heard this story. So Kanyon was outed somehow and they decided to punish him?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

excuse me what

it was during one of the retro raw & nitro shows but i cant for the life of me pinpoint which one

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

davidbix posted:

excuse me what

As someone who has worked in a pizzeria, I can tell you it's much easier to know what tables to sanitize when there's discarded foodstuffs on it.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y27roX8ZXE

I didn't see this, and never heard this story. So Kanyon was outed somehow and they decided to punish him?

Pretty much yeah. People have tried to claim that the Undertaker wasn't trying to hurt him but if you watch the actual clip they sure as gently caress weren't regular chair shots

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the segment had no purpose other than to humiliate chris kanyon and bury him to a public audience.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1761542888352317681?t=hoVUodLqmXpfnoh39pvU2w&s=19

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

listening to some old B&V retros, Bryan's utterly befuddled at Mick Foley doing a WWF tour of Malaysia and the concept of "Kuala Lumpur."

Vinny (looking at Wikipedia): Kuala Lumpur has 7 million people.
Bryan: See? Not a lot of people.

(that would put it ~5th in US metro areas)

Alaois posted:

was this followed by AM I WRONG

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dave killin' em once again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

D.N. Nation posted:

was this followed by AM I WRONG

And everybody else in the room wearily snapping,"YES!" which he ignores.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cursed B&V last night. A solo Vinny show where he can’t even get good audio.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I saw it was a solo Vinny show and just deleted it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

they put the solo semp shows out for free as some kind of public warning

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I saw a clip and was like "Vinny managed to talk for almost eight entire minutes about a wrestling event without having Bryan talk over him" and then I come here and learn Bryan wasn't in attendance that day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the easiest job in the world and this mfer has audio that sounds like he recorded it on an iphone from across the hall. unbelievable

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sic sempervive tyrannis

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

sic sempervive tyrannis

Mods???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Probably no Sempervive in this week's Deadlock:

quote:

We are back with another episode of Shotgun Saturday Night! This time from the “historic” Webster Hall? Mankind gets seduced by the nightclub atmosphere as he takes on Bret Hart! Savio Vega joins The Nation of Domination early that day at MSG and fights Rocky Maivia! Jake The Snake battles Salvatore Sincere and Sycho Sid main events against Crush! Plus, the boys talk about WWE 2K24 Community Day where they got to play the game early! Also, we discuss DPW Forever 2024 and many questions will be answered.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the historic Webster Hall, where 19-year old NYU students go to listen to the worst dubstep djs imaginable

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You know the Deadlock show of the week is a genuine dog when they're starting the $5 Q&A and the timeline on Pocket Casts shows the episode is half over

James shooting on Texas 'cue being inferior to NC is what I'm here for

E: "Larry ZyBiscoe"

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 27, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

You know the Deadlock show of the week is a genuine dog when they're starting the $5 Q&A and the timeline on Pocket Casts shows the episode is half over

James shooting on Texas 'cue being inferior to NC is what I'm here for

E: "Larry ZyBiscoe"

Shotgun Saturday Night was an hour long D show. I knew from the jump this would be more of a filler episode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

Shotgun Saturday Night was an hour long D show. I knew from the jump this would be more of a filler episode.

At this point it should have been more like a B show, and a B show they were trying to do something with. Just not something good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shotgun saturday night pissed me off because it moved ECW from 11 on ny55 to 2am on MSG

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

shotgun saturday night pissed me off because it moved ECW from 11 on ny55 to 2am on MSG

Ecw came on the louisiana public broadcast station in nola and I want to say the first time I watched it was at 2 am

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamn 90s Meltzer just hits different; that rant on 97 Souled Out was A+ material. That show did really suck, but holy poo poo it pissed him off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ToiletofSadness posted:

Goddamn 90s Meltzer just hits different; that rant on 97 Souled Out was A+ material. That show did really suck, but holy poo poo it pissed him off.

Link?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ToiletofSadness posted:

Is this from old eyada/LAW audio that is somehow archived, or the retro newsletter?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Retro newsletter, it's covered on this week's Deadlock when they're going through the Observer notes from the week of the show. Johnny reads some highlights starting at about 1:06:45 in the episode:

"NWO Souled Out, which came off to outsiders as the brainchild of someone intoxicated by his own success to the point of all perspective being lost, was the single worst PPV in the history of pro wrestling. There have been shows where the quality of the matches were worse, although this would be a bad show by that criteria. There have been shows with less heat and worse atmosphere, but this would be a bad show by that criteria as well.
[...]
It was like WCW copied the worst aspects of the first two weeks of Shotgun Saturday Night, and then tried to go even further. It looked like a bar show, put on by somebody whose brain was so fried by acid that only they knew what world they were in. It only had a semblance of resemblance of a pro wrestling show that they were trying to put together."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Is this from old eyada/LAW audio that is somehow archived, or the retro newsletter?
from the retro newsletter.

jethro quoted the bit that jawnny recited on the podcast, link is here if you pay: https://members.f4wonline.com/wrestling-observer-newsletter/feb-3-1997-wrestling-observer-newsletter-jerry-graham-passes-away