Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
every single piece of software tries to make you register an account now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Why would you have to shut down the account though?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Dumbfuck needs to get a real job doing something rather than posting literal garbage to Twitter.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1761835728000954654?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

lol the guy is who made it so you can’t read a tweet without signing in is upset you can’t sign in to Win11 without a Microsoft account. you can tho

With the community note before it gets deleted:

also lol @ a so-called engineer getting a Windows laptop in 2024

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

WrasslorMonkey posted:

*chuckles sensibly*

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Lee Carter being a goon is something I have zero evidence for but I believe with the same certainty that the sun exists

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

░L░O░O░K░I░N░G░░I░N░T░O░░I░T░

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1761835728000954654?s=46&t=FB94Wa7qqx0X3Cy8Z1P0nw

lol the guy is who made it so you can’t read a tweet without signing in is upset you can’t sign in to Win11 without a Microsoft account. you can tho

yeah but it’s a pain in the rear end to install windows without a ms account, musk is right here and also ftw.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It is for the windows

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"they make you make an account to use the thing" yeah man where the gently caress you been for the past 15 years

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
YOU make people make an account to use YOUR thing!!!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's unfair other people are able to harvest data too, in particular with a better product.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Answer me this Elon……………how do you get to play Diablo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Last Chance posted:

yeah but it’s a pain in the rear end to install windows without a ms account, musk is right here and also ftw.

Get grok to do it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
what if we lower the air pressure inside computers. faster electrons imo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Grok around and find out

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

:lol: not even just for TwitterX...

quote:

Do you need an account for Tesla?
Combined with the Tesla app, you can do everything from remotely monitoring your vehicle and energy usage to transferring ownership. Note: A Tesla Account is required to be added as an additional driver to a Tesla vehicle. When you place your first order, you'll be asked to create a password for your Tesla Account.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

With the community note before it gets deleted:

what, should they be getting Apple laptops? gently caress that lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/longboi_mat/status/1761932332452172107?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm the richest man in the world

I also spend my time bitching online about how annoying it is to set up a new laptop

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Nenonen posted:

I also spend my time bitching online about how annoying it is to set up a new laptop
it's absolutely insane

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Elon Musk, one of the greatest tech inventors ever according to himself, struggles like your grandma trying to setup a new laptop

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
the best way to not sign in is just to enter impossible information, like a single letter for login and password. it gives an error and then offers to let you create a local account. just make sure to turn off bitlocker whether or not you use an ms acct.

won't stop the stupid ai bullshit no matter what.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

the milk machine posted:

what if we lower the air pressure inside computers. faster electrons imo

:kstare:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Elon Musk, one of the greatest tech inventors ever according to himself, struggles like your grandma trying to setup a new laptop

While Elon is a dumbass, Microsoft's abuse of dark patterns to turn every PC into a spyware machine shouldn't be tolerated in an actual society

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ikanreed posted:

While Elon is a dumbass, Microsoft's abuse of dark patterns to turn every PC into a spyware machine shouldn't be tolerated in an actual society

yeah i just wish literally anyone else had decided to take it upon themselves to speak up about this

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

i call it Hypercomputer

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Party Miser posted:

the best way to not sign in is just to enter impossible information, like a single letter for login and password. it gives an error and then offers to let you create a local account. just make sure to turn off bitlocker whether or not you use an ms acct.

won't stop the stupid ai bullshit no matter what.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nenonen posted:

sorry he is a self made man

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Elon doesn't have time to be good at computers, that's nerd poo poo. he is busy building the mars hyperloop for us

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
he really *gets* AI, possibly better than anyone else in the world

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ikanreed posted:

as someone who has grandma level understanding of computers, I wish I could just get a new PC that has XP on it. No version of windows has added anything that I love, XP worked fine for what I wanted a computer to do

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
lol

https://twitter.com/RareImagery/status/1761814099254775824

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

the milk machine posted:

i call it Hypercomputer

Here's seven hundred million dollars. Can you string me and my VC company along for a few years developing this thing and then just give me a dude in a leotard on release day? tyia

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Community Notes 3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

are the community notes in the room with us right now?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

even I elon musk can get community noted
*gets community noted*
this feature is now disabled

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I can no longer support my family from X

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

X the everything family

Adbot