Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I like the shade of blue they landed on, but they are basically rebranding as wizards west lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like the polo design, feeling like wearing 90s timbs and shoplifting

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Idk, I like the compass logo

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
The blue being powder blue would have looked a lot more unique and been a nod to the San Diego days

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'm glad they didn't change their logo to a battleship to pander to the troops. Also, they look like the Twins.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

The logo looks like the NATO logo 👀

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ChickenMedium posted:

To take 10 years to rebrand and then trot out something as basic-bitch as this is purestrain clownshow. They are competing with the Lakers, the most iconic brand in the NBA. If they're not going to make a bold choice in branding, they are always going to be the store-brand basketball team in LA.

Instead of feeding "rebrand the Clippers in the most boring way possible" into an AI, they should have fed hallucinogens into the weirdest graphic designer they could find.

There is literally nothing the Clippers could re-brand to to be anything other than the store-brand basketball team in LA. They have to leave LA if they want anything like that.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Kibner posted:

There is literally nothing the Clippers could re-brand to to be anything other than the store-brand basketball team in LA. They have to leave LA if they want anything like that.

That's not what the Toilet King of Inglewood believes, though. He is actively trying to surpass the Lakers and after 10 years, this is what he came up with.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

They should draft bronny and lure lebron over

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dexo posted:

Most people in Arizona are transplants so it just means you have the soul of one.
Only if I were the kind of person to choose Arizona. God forbid. You're better off in South America.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Only if I were the kind of person to choose Arizona. God forbid. You're better off in South America.

Digital Nomad Punkin Spunkin.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
listening to Brian windhorst do podcast ad reads for Hpnotiq always makes me chuckle

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
wembanyama is the first player ever with 80 3PM, 170 AST & 170 BLK in a season

What an insane player ty Metropolitans 92

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
love the new design for the los angeles lil yachtys

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Squinky v2.0 posted:

listening to Brian windhorst do podcast ad reads for Hpnotiq always makes me chuckle
This was hilarious cuz I was just talking to a friend about being a 2000s hip hop obsessed tween convincing adults to buy me hypnotiq while camped outside the liquor store and I was wondering whether it still existed...then boom that ad.
"Now let's talk about one of the main players in culture since 2001" lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1762179123848294519?s=20

Small sample small sample small sample yes, but Charlotte is No. 1 in defensive rating since the trade deadline. Been a pleasant change of pace to watch a solid team on that end.

Grant Williams has been significantly better for the team's defense as a small-ball center / general organizer than PJ Washington was, along with the general boost that comes from playing 30-year-old NBA-quality guys over 20-year-old second-rounders off the bench

Was already happy with the trade deadline just in terms of clearing the deck for the future but they seem to have built a relatively functional team for next year too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tre mann dpoy? Many are asking

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
very glad the los angeles ironclads have researched jeune ecole.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Charlotte's opponents since Feb 10th probably has a lot to do with that

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

Charlotte's opponents since Feb 10th probably has a lot to do with that

Eh, it was against three top-10 offenses, two bottom-10 offenses and the no. 15 in the Jazz so the spread is pretty even. They held the Warriors to their season low and the Pacers to 102, 22 points off their season average

morestuff fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 26, 2024

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

morestuff posted:

Small sample small sample small sample yes, but Charlotte is No. 1 in defensive rating since the trade deadline. Been a pleasant change of pace to watch a solid team on that end.

Grant Williams has been significantly better for the team's defense as a small-ball center / general organizer than PJ Washington was, along with the general boost that comes from playing 30-year-old NBA-quality guys over 20-year-old second-rounders off the bench

Was already happy with the trade deadline just in terms of clearing the deck for the future but they seem to have built a relatively functional team for next year too

The Blazers shot like 1/26 from 3 because the roster construction is… bad. Charlotte is improved, but there were plenty of open looks.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Metapod posted:

Tre mann dpoy? Many are asking
"très main du pois?" ces Français sont perturbés.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I can't tell what they changed.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I can't tell what they changed.

Out, via trades and cuts:

Terry Rozier
PJ Washington
Gordon Hayward
Ish Smith
Frank Ntlikina
James Bouknight

In:

Grant Williams
Tre Mann
Vasilije Micić
Seth Curry
Dāvis Bertāns

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I think he meant the Clippers lol. Me neither!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

morestuff posted:

Out, via trades and cuts:

Terry Rozier
PJ Washington
Gordon Hayward
Ish Smith
Frank Ntlikina
James Bouknight

In:

Grant Williams
Tre Mann
Vasilije Micić
Seth Curry
Dāvis Bertāns

Deck chairs on the titanic

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Grizzlies being 8th in defense is a shame to literally any other NBA team under them, honestly

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/1761865950712705087

My guess is it combines the different spellings

Mike and Michael being different entries is odd.

This play is such a good litmus test for knowing the traveling rules.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://x.com/NBA/status/1761948673355723008?s=20

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

It’s a pretty impressive change all things considered because they were worse than Detroit to me circa four weeks ago.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

kingcobweb posted:

wembanyama is the first player ever with 80 3PM, 170 AST & 170 BLK in a season

What an insane player ty Metropolitans 92

nobody else wanted it enough

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/big_business_/status/1762312735268692210

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
get they rear end

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i like it when my favorite player shoots the ball and the ball goes in and my favorite teams wins the game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

No lies here.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I do think that was a loose ball foul against the knicks.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Maybe once in a while a coach should tell the refs hey, good job reffing that game

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 27, 2024

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

This looks so cool. I wish it wasn't off a Kelly Olynyk pass though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

nikosoft posted: