Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

He's 37 and there's no way he's gonna be able to catch as many games again this year. I'd like to say I have faith in Amaya to pick up the slack but I don't.

I turn 37 this year and ok yeah I get that.

Amaya... Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Adam Wainwright and Nelson Cruz both retired, right? Rich Hill is technically a free agent, so he is the only MLB player older than I am. :corsair:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

elentar posted:

the very southern bit of Illinois is one of the most dire places I’ve seen in this country and I’ve pretty much seen all of it

Like everywhere else, rich areas of that part aren't as bad. Carbondale for instance. You just don't want to live in Carbondale because of the people.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Adam Wainwright and Nelson Cruz both retired, right? Rich Hill is technically a free agent, so he is the only MLB player older than I am. :corsair:

According to the list on wikipedia, they aren't on the active list, at least. I'm not far behind and I'm very sad now.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Imagine even thinking about Illinois south of I-80

This was Darren Bailey’s entire gubernatorial campaign, to be fair.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They should've stolen the early 2000s Columbus Clippers logo (minus the bat/stitching)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Poque posted:

there's a southern Illinois?

Like 50% of Kentucky is north of the portion of Illinois he’s talking about

Geography’s weird. Washington DC is south of Cincinnati.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Truther Vandross posted:

They should've stolen the early 2000s Columbus Clippers logo (minus the bat/stitching)

Who, the Cubs?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

IcePhoenix posted:

Who, the Cubs?

At least Chicago is actually on a large body of water, unlike Columbus.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cubs boat logo would have to be a rust stained ore hauler that's hoping the winds of November don't come early

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I will not stand for the besmirching of Springfield Illinois. Birthplace of Abe Lincoln.

https://x.com/brendenmoore13/status/1762164351107059838

Hell yeah gently caress giving Reinsdorf money.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I unironically love our billionaire governor

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Abe Lincoln was born in Kentucky.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My understanding is he was born in a gay log cabin.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Dexo posted:

I will not stand for the besmirching of Springfield Illinois. Birthplace of Abe Lincoln.

https://x.com/brendenmoore13/status/1762164351107059838

Hell yeah gently caress giving Reinsdorf money.

Good, hopefully Brandon reads the tea leaves and doesn't bend over to throw a bunch of city money at Jerry anyway.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

Cubs boat logo would have to be a rust stained ore hauler that's hoping the winds of November don't come early

Cubs undefeated all time in November.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Good, hopefully Brandon reads the tea leaves and doesn't bend over to throw a bunch of city money at Jerry anyway.

Rahm at least told the Ricketts to gently caress off when they wanted money for renovations. Brandon better do the same for Reinsdorf.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Apparently Bauer pitched a simulated game in his own gym against some Barstool blogger dweebs and gave up multiple hits, then posted about it on Twitter.

He is elite at self-owns

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Rahm at least told the Ricketts to gently caress off when they wanted money for renovations. Brandon better do the same for Reinsdorf.

I don't really see it. The Bears keep making noise and he's like "okay bye".

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

Apparently Bauer pitched a simulated game in his own gym against some Barstool blogger dweebs and gave up multiple hits, then posted about it on Twitter.

He is elite at self-owns
Genuinely do not understand what his plan was besides he's a self-deluded dipshit who just assumed his pitching ability would override the still pretty dang recent and horrendous sexual assault allegations and just general bad clubhouse vibes. I get that he's 33 and probably doesn't have too many years left in him but I have to imagine his agent would have known pretty quickly after putting out feelers that nobody wanted to touch him with a 10ft pole and maybe he should just ink another NPB deal or something. idk maybe he's hoping some team gets desperate midseason because of injuries.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Imagine even thinking about Illinois south of I-80

Imagine never seeing the fire breathing dragon in Vandalia

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Bauer should stick to making Eric Sims catch 100 mph baseballs with children's gloves he bought at Walmart.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

but I have to imagine his agent would have known pretty quickly after putting out feelers that nobody wanted to touch him with a 10ft pole and maybe he should just ink another NPB deal or something.
so the thing is his agent is Rachel Luba, who has very few if any other MLB clients. (Including Aroldis Chapman apparently, lol).

She’s maybe not that good at her job

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also not very good at American Ninja Warrior.

e: lol she also repped Puig

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Puig had the good sense to drop her, which is funny

Edit: in terms of Bauer yeah he’s a self deluded dipshit who can not admit what he did wrong and still thinks he was a victim of overreaction.

Shaikin did a decent interview with him in the LA Times last week where Shaikin conducted it as an owner asking Bauer to justify why he should get signed. Bauer comes off terribly, it’s clear why no one will touch him.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 26, 2024

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
despite some of our recent history, I don't think the Cubs org entertained the thought of signing him. That said, a small part of my happiness with the Bellinger signing is that it almost certainly took us out of the "running" for him both financially and in terms of roster space. We'll trip over our own dicks in a million other ways, this doesn't need to be one of them

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big developments in the "Is Kiké Hernandez back?" saga

https://twitter.com/kikehndez/status/1762209708314927244

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1762203114738770387
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1762205281759457650

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I looked him up on b-r and was really confused until I saw he was traded to LA in the Glasnow deal

I guess he's the Buxton insurance for the year.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Big developments in the "Is Kiké Hernandez back?" saga

https://twitter.com/kikehndez/status/1762209708314927244
best mascot in baseball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brandon Crawford to St. Louis

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I completely forgot Glasnow got traded to the Dodgers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

Brandon Crawford to St. Louis

Waino retired and somehow the Cardinals still found a way to drag the average age of the team up.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

Imagine never seeing the fire breathing dragon in Vandalia

Hard pass

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MLBHRVideos/status/1762212812305158633

Jorbit

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Getting some real Bobson Dugnutt vibes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He hit that one into Jorbit

Hey now if you worry about the politics of the area of every roadside tourist thing you'll never see the world's largest acorn or ball of twine or anything like that

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 26, 2024

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

bawfuls posted:

so the thing is his agent is Rachel Luba, who has very few if any other MLB clients. (Including Aroldis Chapman apparently, lol).

She’s maybe not that good at her job

Just casually speculating that the woman who also worked for the mlbpa and who got Bauer the first 40m a year contract is bad at her job

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
edit: eh

Poque fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

All Bauer has had to do is stop being stupid and he'd be hundreds of millions of dollars richer. He has yet to stop being stupid. I would not want to be his agent.