Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

If anyone is interested about the Fani Willis / Nathan Wade cell tower stuff a private investigator found, here's the actual filing: https://www.scribd.com/document/707887994/Suppl-Ex-38#fullscreen&from_embed

It boils down to two instances of his phone pinging within a 3000' geofence near where she lived. So Willis/Wade said they started hooking up in 2022, and this says "but you may have been there overnight once in Sept and once in Nov of 2021. Not sure that's really in "loving gotcha" territory, but that's what they filed.

If goons ever had sex I'd encourage you to keep better logs of when, for perjury-related reasons, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Literally nothing stops Biden from just issuing a SOTU from anywhere else, it's a dumb tradition.

It's constitutionally mandated, but the terms are so abstract that there are no real rules. Biden just making a Facebook post about how strong the state of the union is would be sufficient to fulfill the requirements.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Durf posted:

it's in their best interest to have a rapidly deteriorating Biden being forced to give a public speech while getting screamed at by the house hicks

so of course they can't even manage that lol

MTG or someone would probably gently caress it all up anyway doing something dumb

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kw0134 posted:

Until Wilson the prez sent a report to Congress that was more like a company's 10K annual filing to the SEC than an actual speech. We should go back to that.

Or a festivus airing of grievances rant

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

The last thing the GOP want is Biden giving a speech and appearing to be competent.

If they keep him out, hell just give a speech from the white house without distractions, and will look more competent, lol

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

kazil posted:

Seriously, it's a really loving long tweet

but "trump->lied" is a vast leftwing conspiracy

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
today’s shocker is the trump election legal argument was in bad faith really makes u think smdh

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

steinrokkan posted:

If they keep him out, hell just give a speech from the white house without distractions, and will look more competent, lol

Maybe he'll do it from the Senate and talk poo poo about the House.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

kw0134 posted:

Until Wilson the prez sent a report to Congress that was more like a company's 10K annual filing to the SEC than an actual speech. We should go back to that.

Honestly I wouldn't mind Biden giving a SOTU speech from the White House where he just spends the first 15 minutes dunking on the GOP for not being functional enough to even invite him for the SOTU.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I mean they basically expected the Republican governments to give the election to Trump.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

follow that camel!! posted:

If anyone is interested about the Fani Willis / Nathan Wade cell tower stuff a private investigator found, here's the actual filing: https://www.scribd.com/document/707887994/Suppl-Ex-38#fullscreen&from_embed

It boils down to two instances of his phone pinging within a 3000' geofence near where she lived. So Willis/Wade said they started hooking up in 2022, and this says "but you may have been there overnight once in Sept and once in Nov of 2021. Not sure that's really in "loving gotcha" territory, but that's what they filed.

If goons ever had sex I'd encourage you to keep better logs of when, for perjury-related reasons, of course.

duh?

like some goons here posted about infosec for BLM stuff during the massive temp spike during 2020. and the advice is still ever green.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Honestly I wouldn't mind Biden giving a SOTU speech from the White House where he just spends the first 15 minutes dunking on the GOP for not being functional enough to even invite him for the SOTU.

Actually calling them pussies whose policies are so bad they can't bear to face him

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

oh man, could you imagine if the president held a campaign function in the white house! he'd be impeached in minutes

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if he openly says "gently caress Republicans" on air.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TulliusCicero posted:

Isn't the GOP majority like 3 defections and they can't pass poo poo? Or is it 2 now after NY?

Lmao how are they ever going to get another speaker after Johnson, he's the most spineless and acceptable one

219 to 213 so having three defections tanks any vote they take, I believe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

It's literally a Tolstoys war and peace esque fuckin garbage post. Here's the whole thing, no way did he write this himself.

It suffers from the fact that 1. It’s all based on bullshit and 2 it’s complicated bullshit that can’t be summed up. Worst they have is huge hog hunter was a failson and probably flashed his dads name to get cushy corpo jobs.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

It's constitutionally mandated, but the terms are so abstract that there are no real rules. Biden just making a Facebook post about how strong the state of the union is would be sufficient to fulfill the requirements.

He can submit it in writing, gently caress it, worked for that slave-rapist Jefferson

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lazyfire posted:

It's two, but don't worry, Johnson has an discovered one weird trick to make things a bit more comfortable and is just not seating Santos' replacement.

...loving WHAT

he can just do that?

Holy gently caress

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bragg is trying to gag your favorite president

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'll laugh forever if Trump suffers even one day in jail because of the hush money case.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

quote:

U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 3

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient"

"That pesky Constitution, always foiling our plans!"
:argh:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Really brave strategy by Republicans to put IVF on restriction notice. It's got a little of the same brave strategy that the Captain of the Titanic had when confronting ice in the water.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If Biden were to make a SOTU speech outside the House, I fully expect the GOP to invite Trump to have a speech in Congress at the same time.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

jokes posted:

They will all, to a man, vote Trump in November. They are far, far more authoritarian than they are principled which is their chief difference from left-leaning people. They're essentially royalists who believe in the divine right of kings.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Biden should just run the SOTU from a Zoom or Webex and administratively disable microphones while delivering it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

deoju posted:

"That pesky Constitution, always foiling our plans!"
:argh:

:lol: He can just do the SOTU in the Senate chambers, then.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BigglesSWE posted:

If Biden were to make a SOTU speech outside the House, I fully expect the GOP to invite Trump to have a speech in Congress at the same time.
Ah, good, an audience of 213 hecklers

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

At a water park for maximum Dark Biden energy.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

kazil posted:

Bragg is trying to gag your favorite president

He'll break the order, guaranteed. Send him for a night in the hoosegow for a change.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Hollismason posted:

I'll laugh forever if Trump suffers even one day in jail because of the hush money case.

Sit down before you read this please

My prediction is, based on his past performance and inability to shut the gently caress up, he WILL spend at least one night in jail. For contempt :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Lmao, a perfect mix of crappy AI art and Trumpian fanfiction:

https://twitter.com/reportbywilson/status/1761990256692261046?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

they want to see the potus begging for his life? lol?

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Lmao, a perfect mix of crappy AI art and Trumpian fanfiction:

That guy who makes intricate right-wing paintings of Obama standing on the constitution is about to have his career erased by AI.

I feel just awful for him.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Civil posted:

He'll break the order, guaranteed. Send him for a night in the hoosegow for a change.

Actually, what are the mechanics on this? Like, can he just declare his height is John Barron and his weight is from central casting with tears in its eyes?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

He's a loving chairtaur!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

5er posted:

Biden should just run the SOTU from a Zoom or Webex and administratively disable microphones while delivering it.

Let Diamond Joe use his Pontiac Trans Am’s car phone to call it in while he’s doing 120 on the interstate.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Scags McDouglas posted:

That guy who makes intricate right-wing paintings of Obama standing on the constitution is about to have his career erased by AI.

I feel just awful for him.

My favorite was the one of Obama in the Kenyan bathhouse using the constitution as a jizz rag

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

The Beetus took his leg.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

bird with big dick posted:

My favorite was the one of Obama in the Kenyan bathhouse using the constitution as a jizz rag
Please — he used it as rolling papers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The historic first Teams Meeting SOTU