Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mustang posted:

I really liked Safeway (Albertson's owns them) when I first moved to WA, but somehow it seems to be getting worse each year. They're removing baskets from stores, putting certain items in a walled off "store inside a store", and other things that make being their customer a pain in the rear end.

There's not really any grocery store I like here that much, though I'd say it's probably Town & Country because they have the best produce.

I was blown away by how much cheaper WinCo is than any of my local supermarket chains. I shop there whenever I can now for anything that isnt fresh produce or meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Elviscat posted:

What the gently caress is up with the basket thing? They started disappearing right at the start of the pandemic, are shopping baskets expensive or something? I don't want to push around a cart to grab some produce eggs and milk, and putting the stuff in a reusable shopping bag feels like shoplifting.

Here in NJ when they got rid of plastic bags people started walking out with the baskets until they just got rid of them altogether.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1762205407009772031?t=bp4ofgCxEyIMGI8-ZdO_MQ&s=19

I don't know, maybe you should just pay your loving money if you're that rich instead of endlessly throwing a bitch fit?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That's... a bold strategy.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Grip it and rip it posted:

I was blown away by how much cheaper WinCo is than any of my local supermarket chains. I shop there whenever I can now for anything that isnt fresh produce or meat
We have a WinCo really close by but it sucks. Both times we went there it felt like all the frozen poo poo had been allowed to repeatedly defrost and the packaging was actually wet. Sucks because the one back by home was actually pretty good.

Elviscat posted:

I don't see how they could even physically pay their employees less, when I worked for Safeway I earned $0.11/hr over minimum wage, and paid dues to two unions. They had me work two 40+ hour weeks to cover multiple stores, then slashed my hours to a single shift so I'd fall under the legal cap for benefits. Bunch of scumbags. (This was like 15 years ago now).

They haven't gotten any better from what I hear. A friend works for one doing pick-up order shopping and these days they find every possible avenue to gently caress you over. Someone ordered 50 cans of jellied cranberry sauce and the whole store only has 5? You just hosed up 45 items and your order accuracy is now 0.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Ah yes let's get rid of single/double/triple use plastic bags, much more useful to burn tons of oil to create poly plastic reusable shopping bags. See, much better for the environment! All the while we do nothing to stop the majority of pollution or plastic waste, industry and manufacturing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Henry Liu, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Competition. “Essential grocery store workers would also suffer under this deal, facing the threat of their wages dwindling, benefits diminishing, and their working conditions deteriorating.”

Get the public to smack pots together when they get off shift.

That’s just as good as improving their conditions, right?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Grip it and rip it posted:

I'd love to shop at WinCo regularly, but the three nearest to me are each about 30 minutes' drive away. I'm almost exactly at the center of an equilateral triangle of WinCos.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Ah yes let's get rid of single/double/triple use plastic bags, much more useful to burn tons of oil to create poly plastic reusable shopping bags. See, much better for the environment! All the while we do nothing to stop the majority of pollution or plastic waste, industry and manufacturing.

The rationale behind banning plastic shopping bags has less to do with carbon emissions and more to do with curbing a major source of non bio-degradable litter in communities and waterways.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Ok that makes more sense, I suppose.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Side bonus: I no longer have "bags of bags" in random cupboards.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Arrath posted:

I have a ridiculously large bag of smaller reusable shopping bags that I somehow forget to bring about half the time.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mustang posted:

I really liked Safeway (Albertson's owns them) when I first moved to WA, but somehow it seems to be getting worse each year. They're removing baskets from stores, putting certain items in a walled off "store inside a store", and other things that make being their customer a pain in the rear end.

There's not really any grocery store I like here that much, though I'd say it's probably Town & Country because they have the best produce.

Oh yeah Town & Country market owns, like you said excellent produce plus good prices & pleasant place to shop. Their soups are the best I’ve found.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arrath posted:

We actually use those bags but the problem still stands, using them twice isn't that much better than using them just the once

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011

My Spirit Otter posted:

this dude rules and i wish i had the balls to do something like this

ain’t nothing stopping you v0v

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
FYI Bushnell died. There is video of the whole ordeal on Twitter. I recommend avoidance.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Milo and POTUS posted:

We actually use those bags but the problem still stands, using them twice isn't that much better than using them just the once

This goes back to the environmentally friendly argument. Everyone can be right here. Most people are trying to do the best they can with the knowledge they have but its complicated so there's no point in making GBS threads on either side. The system needs to be overhauled and improved, and the public needs to adjust their habits.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Natty Ninefingers posted:

Can people not post like this.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Let's steer the topic onto happier news then.

Yesterday I found out that a local corner store sells Naan Bread. Goddamn they are good.

Of course these are just the packaged frozen ones so I assume the fresh baked ones are even better, but I just figured I'd share the knowledge that even Sweden has access to this heavenly resource.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
drat I must have been taking it for granted that Safeway sells fresh baked naan bread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I will be observing a moment of silence for Swedes without fresh naan.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump‐affiliated lawyer Kenneth “The Cheese” Chesebro has been caught lying to Michigan authorities.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/26/politics/kenneth-chesebro-secret-twitter-account-kfile/index.html

quote:

Chesebro denied using Twitter, now known as the platform X, or having any “alternate IDs” when directly asked by Michigan investigators last year during his cooperation session, according to recordings of his interview obtained by CNN.

But CNN linked Chesebro to the secret account based on numerous matching details — including biographical information regarding his work, family, travels and investments. The anonymous account, BadgerPundit, also showed a keen interest in the Electoral College process and lined up with Chesebro’s private activities at the time.

The Twitter posts reveal that even before the 2020 election, and then just two days after polls closed, Chesebro promoted a far more aggressive election subversion strategy than he later let on in his Michigan interview.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Natty Ninefingers posted:

I much prefer when people can post less lovely and I don't have to login outside of the Awful App to get access to IK buttons but here we are.

Post about current events. DO NOT post encouraging others to kill themselves. This is pretty simple poo poo and you nerds are all in your 30s and 40s now. You'd figure everyone would have aged out of their edgy online phase.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Hekk posted:

I much prefer when people can post less lovely and I don't have to login outside of the Awful App to get access to IK buttons but here we are.

Post about current events. DO NOT post encouraging others to kill themselves. This is pretty simple poo poo and you nerds are all in your 30s and 40s now. You'd figure everyone would have aged out of their edgy online phase.

drat we are old

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You ain't ever gonna stop me edgin'!

...wait

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hekk posted:

Yep, I think we're done with this.

Joke about suicide in this subforum and you're out :10bux:

Too many of us have lost friends and loved ones for that poo poo to be considered remotely ok around here.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Hekk posted:

Also, that poo poo is not loving funny in a sub forum where a good number of posters suffer from PTSD or any number of other mental illnesses. Take it to Reddit, or preferably nowhere at all.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

ASAPI posted:

drat we are old

In another subforum discord someone referred to me as one of the younger posters. I'm 40. Send help plz

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hekk posted:

McNally posted:

Yep, I think we're done with this.

Joke about suicide in this subforum and you're out :10bux:

Too many of us have lost friends and loved ones for that poo poo to be considered remotely ok around here.

Ok, point taken.

Can I make a brief point and get you two gentlemen to see the point?

This:

My Spirit Otter posted:

this dude rules and i wish i had the balls to do something like this

And other variations therein should be seen and treated as equally reprehensible.

The guy in question was a 25 year old Airman. Holding up his public suicide because the mentally ill Airman lit himself on fire in agreement with otter’s political views is ghoulish.

I really only have one knee jerk reaction to that, and it’s usually to up the ante. Which I stupidly tried to do in the CE thread and I apologize for that.

I won’t do that again here.

I’d like a large Coke and number 3. Also all the Arby’s sauce packets you can give me.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

And other variations therein should be seen and treated as equally reprehensible.

The guy in question was a 25 year old Airman. Holding up his public suicide because the mentally ill Airman lit himself on fire in agreement with otter’s political views is ghoulish.

It is frankly extremely disrespectful to his memory to pretend that what he did was suicide or a mental health issue.

If you really believed this was a mental health issue than I don’t understand why you’re doubling down on telling someone else to light themselves on fire for expressing support of Bushnell.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 27, 2024

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

I’d like a large Coke and number 3. Also all the Arby’s sauce packets you can give me.

Sir this is a Wendy's

Also your total is $25.43, sorry but it's lunch rush

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

It is frankly extremely disrespectful to his memory to pretend that what he did was suicide or a mental health issue.

No. gently caress off. Nothing is worth a life, there"s better ways to make a point.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Nah man, it’s reality.

Americans lighting themselves on fire to stop Israeli genocide is bonkers crazy, and definitely a suicide only a crazy person would do.

His memory is he killed himself with self immolation.

Killing yourself is suicide. Even if it’s to save an oppressed group on the other side of the globe, somehow, it’s suicide.

It’s disrespectful and disgusting to lionize this crazy person.

Clearly dude needed help. Maybe he’d be alive if that help had been given.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Coasterphreak posted:

No. gently caress off. Nothing is worth a life, there"s better ways to make a point.

The amount of hostility some of you guys toward any actual expression of solidarity with Palestine that makes you uncomfortable is pretty sad. I hope you reflect on that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh for gently caress's sake dude, get lost

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

The amount of hostility some of you guys toward any actual expression of solidarity with Palestine that makes you uncomfortable is pretty sad. I hope you reflect on that.

I fully support Palestine, but he doesn't anymore

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
[quote="Discussion Quorum post="538033470"]
Sir this is a Wendy's

Also your total is $25.43, sorry but it's lunch rush
[/quote]

Fast food surge pricing? At Wendy’s? What the gently caress?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Coasterphreak posted:

I fully support Palestine, but he doesn't anymore

I do not think telling posters to kill themselves for expressing admiration for a martyr and mocking someone who chose to martyr themselves rather than deploy to support the genocide in Gaza reflects well upon you.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

100% support for Palestine as a state/country independent of Israel and not being held down with an Israeli boot on their collective necks. gently caress Israel.

100% against Airmen BBQ’ing themselves for a free Palestine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fast food surge pricing? At Wendy’s? What the gently caress?

I can’t wait for the :20bux: spicy chicken sandwich