Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/michaelhamflett/status/1761502308838379544

Why would you pay two hundred dollarydoos to watch Insert Generic Wrestler walk to the ring to Insert Generic Def Rebel Theme.

Oh so if all the themes suck, the entrance is still cool because-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Pretty colors and flashing lights

These people are easily amused children

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

Pretty colors and flashing lights

These people are easily amused children

Cannot wait for the debut of “jangling keys” taytor bonneville in NXT

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I can sympathize with cool entrances enhancing the experience but the distillation of it into being the big important factor is really funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The funny thing with wwe is that they give everyone these big entrances. So none of them are very special

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Remember when Rusev came in in a tank he hosed his hot wife in, then John Cena came out to an entrance about how cool Reagan was?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Procrastinator posted:

I can sympathize with cool entrances enhancing the experience but the distillation of it into being the big important factor is really funny.

They've devalued the poo poo between the ropes so much the fans are just clinging on to something.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

where else can you see fireworks?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I've been to a lot of wrestling shows and never once did I think of anyone's entrance as one of the reasons to buy a ticket

Like yeah I'd go to ROH shows excited to sing Final Countdown with the rest of the crowd but the entrance itself was never a draw for me or anyone else I went to shows with

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/Paul10815135/status/1762219631110979898

incredible

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I've been to a lot of wrestling shows and never once did I think of anyone's entrance as one of the reasons to buy a ticket

Like yeah I'd go to ROH shows excited to sing Final Countdown with the rest of the crowd but the entrance itself was never a draw for me or anyone else I went to shows with

I saw Grado once and the most entertaining part was his entrance

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have thought "If I go to this live I get to experience Okada's entrance in person" but I was also buying the ticket to watch him wrestle and a bunch of other things. At best it's the thing that convinced me to buy the ticket because I would only have a few chances in life for those experiences.

But it wasn't just the entrance and I would probably have still bought the tickets if they made some announcement like "Okada will still wrestle his match he's just not going to do the money drop" or whatever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I certainly don't watch Gangrel matches for the wrestling

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah those people don't belong in the same video as a real GOAT like Randal Orton

but actually serious that video didn't have Manami Toyota and how the gently caress do you not put her in a best of all time video?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

If that person had the courage of their convictions they would have thrown Terry Funk in there too since he never really did anything in the 'major leagues' (the fed) either. Apparently we're handing out participation trophies now and just showing up to the big league is enough....

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

post hole digger posted:

If that person had the courage of their convictions they would have thrown Terry Funk in there too since he never really did anything in the 'major leagues' (the fed) either. Apparently we're handing out participation trophies now and just showing up to the big league is enough....

I mean I have literally seen people argue that any random NXT people are bigger stars than anyone in AEW/NJPW/whatever so yeah

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I saw Grado once and the most entertaining part was his entrance

I was a little upset Tony didn't pay Madonna the megabux for Grado at All In, but he was completely forgiven three hours later when we got Metallica for Sting.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

VideoWitch posted:

Yeah those people don't belong in the same video as a real GOAT like Randal Orton

but actually serious that video didn't have Manami Toyota and how the gently caress do you not put her in a best of all time video?

Definitely should have had Manami Toyota but it seems the video was based on responses to a Twitter thread asking who people thought the greatest of all time was. And with that in mind, it's a pretty cool video

lmfao at that qrt though

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Ah yeah that makes sense, let me correct my statement

How the gently caress do you not suggest Manami Toyota for a best of all time video?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1762146566356205761?s=20

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

post hole digger posted:

It's really telling that the list is less "never appeared in WWE" and more "people who have appeared on AEW PPVs" because they're mad that Omega/Okada/Ospreay are considered best of all time despite never working for WWE, but no problem with indie losers like Kobashi, Misawa, Aja Kong*, Akira Hokuto*, Great Muta*, Great Sasuke*, Jushin Liger* etc. being in there. Either because the poster does not know who those people are, or is aware that they are not going to be appearing on an AEW PPV any time soon.

* yes, half of these people appeared on WWF or WCW programming in the 1990s, but what are the odds this person/most WWE fans remember any of those those runs? Ditto Aja Kong's AEW run.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TinTower posted:

I was a little upset Tony didn't pay Madonna the megabux for Grado at All In, but he was completely forgiven three hours later when we got Metallica for Sting.

Yeah but if he was gonna make the most of that he’d have had to somehow wedge the Grado match into the latter half of the main card so it was after sunset and that’s just an insane idea as much fun as it would have been

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
How did Dusty get on there, was Cody voting?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

counterargument

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1czzyj

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

post hole digger posted:

This is true. Chainsaw Charlie was there, of course, and he had a good match with Cactus Jack one time, but that wasn't Terry Funk.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Terry Funk did wrestle for WWF in 1985-1986, and even wrestled Hulk Hogan twice on Saturday Night's Main Event, once in a singles match for the WWF title and then in a tag of Terry and Hoss Funk vs. Hogan & JYD.

The Funks are also in the WWE Hall of Fame so like Inoki, Solie, Abdullah the Butcher, the Von Erichs, the Freebirds, Rock & Roll Express, Harlem Heat, and others who worked in WWE barely/not at all, the HOF ring means that WWE owns them and it's disloyal for them to appear on enemy shows.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/callerangry/status/1761938082020876640?s=46

“If you prefer wrestling in your wrestling shows you’re not a wrestling fan.”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TinTower posted:

People pay to see movies on the big screen, why wouldn’t that carry over to skits performed by wrestlers and retired wrestlers in suits?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The most insane thing about this is the people are reflexively defending like, ads. Like a lot of the time wasting stuff at the show from my understanding was literally just ads they played while nothing happened in the ring.

It's like saying people pay for movie tickets so they can sit in the theater and watch the pre-show ads and that's it.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Drakkel posted:

The most insane thing about this is the people are reflexively defending like, ads. Like a lot of the time wasting stuff at the show from my understanding was literally just ads they played while nothing happened in the ring.

It's like saying people pay for movie tickets so they can sit in the theater and watch the pre-show ads and that's it.

wwe can do no wrong

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Awful people all around.

https://twitter.com/OsheaJacksonJr/status/1762380570749964606

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jesus Christ

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

aNyThInG's A pRoMo To A hEeL

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

Okay I am exceptionally bad at spotting this but that’s 100% gotta be bait, right

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jesus loving Christ Heyman

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
People in the replies like "Paul, no, please read what you quoted!!!!!", dumbfucks, I think he's making his opinion on what he quoted real clear.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Paul Heyman has always been poo poo tier but godamn. Slip in the shower you hateful gently caress.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

loving hell that's evil.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

There's always some assumption that wrestling people are... liberal? because they're alternative culture and nominally against the government or whatever, but it's really just against notions of censorship, i.e. something that gets in the way of them getting on TV or making money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Venn Diagram between "WWE talent" and "right wing lunatics" gets closer and closer to a circle every day.