Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

same energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpawqvxdwo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My favorite episode yet! Marcille focused so not really a surprised but still just great animation throughout. The more the series continues the more I find myself loving it as its own thing beyond just it being a well done adaptation.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It is a neat bit of worldbuilding conceit that "dungeons" are basically a naturally occuring phenomenon, just any suitable enclosed subterranean space creates a microclimate that accumulates monsters and mana and such. You can even do school science experiments where you make a mini-dungeon that is essentially a combination sea monkey bowl and potato battery

And someone, the "Mad Mage" or whoever, made one of those the size of THIS Dungeon, a preposterously enormous magical bioreactor with multiple smaller sub-biomes, with the little microscopic spirits in the dungeonarium scaled up to full-size Dragons and Krakens and poo poo.

Also, we're continuing the theme that while violence against monsters is suitably cool anime fantasy action, violence against humans is shockingly brief and unglamorously brutal, that undine thing is a goddamn hunter-seeker drone with a water cutter jet attached.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jeez that Elf teacher makes Frieren look like a child.

And I see that Falin is just as cued for monsters as Laios.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 23, 2024

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

This episode was very Trigger.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arc Hammer posted:

Jeez that Elf teacher makes Frieren look like a child.

And I see that Falin is just as cued for monsters as Laios.

Teacher was a Gnome I think.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Whole lotta faces this episode wow.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/ryosuketarou/status/1760910776288919920?t=zk99sjhly-rKG0iVnLow7w&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/BoioiBozo/status/1761082647814779249?t=jUW2M5lXVymjZXx_TMHQuQ&s=19

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's like those dreams where you relive being in school, but you're still adult size and everything.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey so catching up all the way back from episode 3 and stopping by after episode 5 to come and say I picked a bad spot to stop because 4 and 5 were phenomenal.

The writing with the Orcs and Senshi in general is top notch and the concepts with the golems as fields, the treasure insects, and the haunted sorbet is so good.

Again Senshi really is just the best.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

In the short time we'd seen Falin before I'd definitely not gotten the impression of her as the class bad girl lol.

It's nice detail that Falin and Marcile were long time friends from back in magical school. Helps to explain why Marcile didn't bug out with the rest of the party when they split after Falin got eaten.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't know if "bad girl" is the phrasing i'd use, more like total space case

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, my impression was that the class thought she was more a complete fuckin' weirdo more than anything else.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Falin is that kid who would get really excited to show you the cool bug they found, even well into high school

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

duz posted:

This episode was very Trigger.

They just can’t help themselves

Nitrousoxide posted:

Helps to explain why Marcile didn't bug out with the rest of the party when they split after Falin got eaten.

It’s because they’re in love, OP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i love this scene too :3 that fuckin dog

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Asterite34 posted:

Falin is that kid who would get really excited to show you the cool bug they found, even well into high school
she's just like me frfr

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

so wait, how old is marcille again? young enough to have been falin's classmate in school?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

ninjewtsu posted:

so wait, how old is marcille again? young enough to have been falin's classmate in school?

young enough for an elf. i think she's in her 40's or 50's?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The mildest of inconsequential spoilers: the wiki says she's ---,50-- years old.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The flashback also kinda spelled out that Marcille wasn't considered a peer of the other kids in the class, but just sitting in on it because she is a huge nerd and didn't have time for this particular course the first time around. Apparently magic-school has a lot of electives from a very early stage.

It's like if elementary school worked like university and you occasionally had 25-year olds mixed into third grade.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Slashrat posted:

The flashback also kinda spelled out that Marcille wasn't considered a peer of the other kids in the class, but just sitting in on it because she is a huge nerd and didn't have time for this particular course the first time around. Apparently magic-school has a lot of electives from a very early stage.

It's like if elementary school worked like university and you occasionally had 25-year olds mixed into third grade.

I bet I could own everyone else at freshman math. They would think I'm so smart.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Marcille would agree and consider it an achievement worth boasting about to her co-workers. :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ninjewtsu posted:

https://twitter.com/BoioiBozo/status/1761088351132889428?t=wSLFtlhRDofoA5iXc-7LFg&s=19

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

good ep

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey so catching up all the way back from episode 3 and stopping by after episode 5 to come and say I picked a bad spot to stop because 4 and 5 were phenomenal.

The writing with the Orcs and Senshi in general is top notch and the concepts with the golems as fields, the treasure insects, and the haunted sorbet is so good.

Again Senshi really is just the best.

Bread! Bread! Bread! Bread!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
senshi has the body of someone who loves bread.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Yeah. He has a body.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
A non coeliac body

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bread is the most dwarven of foods, forged in flame with the finest of craftsdwarfship.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Dolash posted:

Bread is the most dwarven of foods, forged in flame with the finest of craftsdwarfship.

Also a decent bludgeoning weapon in a pinch

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dolash posted:

Bread is basically solid unfermented beer, so that checks out.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Dolash posted:

Just like mother used to jump up and down on.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Just watched the new episode, Namari is great

i love having days off from work when a new episode comes out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
TFW you are so gay you don't understand why your friend won't join you on the dangerous quest to save your gf.

Tansu cares so much about Kiki and Kaka 🥹

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

WHY IS HE BLEPPING

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Namari's JP voice is so cool. Namari is so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

RuBisCO posted:

WHY IS HE BLEPPING

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s9mumaFXIc1u0fuse_720.mp4

duz fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 29, 2024