Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/stuart_foy/status/1761002681542291614

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

gently caress :lol:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

why isnt :alonzo: here yet

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

"per my last email" is one of the most powerful ultimates you can deploy once you build your gauge up

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

set recurring meeting to apply DoT

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

cc the boss to help tank

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

graph posted:

why isnt :alonzo: here yet

epic this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
😗👌

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/zephray_wenting/status/1761548861896606014?t=A4j04Gl8Qn4akxpqWPFzIg&s=19

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1761599420330823935

lotta good namechange candidates in there

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I’m either burgerfootjob or cumspangler

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
Oh say does that cum spangled banner yet crunch
O'er the land of the skeet and the home
Of
The waaaaaaaank

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
precisely

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

https://x.com/StuAA/status/1761693213583155683?s=20

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dare I ask what the context for the original post was

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

haveblue posted:

dare I ask what the context for the original post was

The head of Tumblr is having a meltdown and a feud with a trans artist

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

specifically the CEO of Tumblr is using his unrestricted access to the Tumbr user database to harass Tumblr users

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
the ceos point is that the user is lying about why they were getting in trouble with tumblr for content. the summaries on twitter - because i’m not going to look for all this poo poo - suggest that trans people are being told to take in-transition pictures down. the user says this is what’s happening, the ceo said no it’s the pictures you put on these accounts instead.

i’m don’t know who’s at right (and the ceo is a known prick aiui) and i don’t particularly care but the twitter msg was pretty lol

also lol are a bunch of users acting like they can now sue the ceo for some privacy violation or some nonsense

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mediaphage posted:

the ceos point is that the user is lying about why they were getting in trouble with tumblr for content. the summaries on twitter - because i’m not going to look for all this poo poo - suggest that trans people are being told to take in-transition pictures down. the user says this is what’s happening, the ceo said no it’s the pictures you put on these accounts instead.

i’m don’t know who’s at right (and the ceo is a known prick aiui) and i don’t particularly care but the twitter msg was pretty lol

also lol are a bunch of users acting like they can now sue the ceo for some privacy violation or some nonsense

those accounts he listed were empty and had no images, inappropriate or otherwise, on them
one of the tumblr "things" is to have joke names to use when replying to posts
screenshots of these sometimes make the rounds, like that one where cocklover3001 is replying to cocklover3000

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1761765494867071127

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

duz posted:

those accounts he listed were empty and had no images, inappropriate or otherwise, on them
one of the tumblr "things" is to have joke names to use when replying to posts
screenshots of these sometimes make the rounds, like that one where cocklover3001 is replying to cocklover3000

yeah by default given the ceo's rep i automatically assume he's in the wrong

lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i do like that he is the tumblr CEO even though tumblr is essentially a niche site like SA nowadays

like i understand Jeffery is the CEO of SA but still

lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

well also wordpress and his self named automattic lol

but it’s way funnier to say he’s ceo of tumblr

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://x.com/ted_pen/status/1761763611012169993

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I really believed that was a peep show quite until I parsed the image format properly

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The CEO may be an rear end in a top hat but it's ok to cyberbully someone with the username "furryvore-burps" so I say let them sort it out one-on-one.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mgrnbrg/status/1762190386544468333

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
the most generous read of the situation is that the ceo is personally defending the site against inaccurate charges of censorship, which is still really loving stupid. there was a good thread about it by someone who does t&s professionally which made the point that you just have to let this stuff go — no matter how in the right you are, there’s nothing to be gained from dragging it out in public. this is part of why it’s extremely important for the real t&s people to have a safe outlet where they can rant to each other about their entitled rear end in a top hat users, so that they default to only doing it there instead of making their frustrations part of their personality

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

in the best light even if he were 100% correct it looks bad lol

at best this should have been like a blog post or press release if they had to say something at all

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
😗👌

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

rjmccall posted:

the most generous read of the situation is that the ceo is personally defending the site against inaccurate charges of censorship, which is still really loving stupid. there was a good thread about it by someone who does t&s professionally which made the point that you just have to let this stuff go — no matter how in the right you are, there’s nothing to be gained from dragging it out in public. this is part of why it’s extremely important for the real t&s people to have a safe outlet where they can rant to each other about their entitled rear end in a top hat users, so that they default to only doing it there instead of making their frustrations part of their personality

t&s has gotta be the worst tech job ever. like you're basically a forums mod.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Dans Macabre posted:

t&s has gotta be the worst tech job ever. like you're basically a forums mod.

somehow i ended up having forums mod as a job responsibility

usually, totally fine, just gotta tell people they’re off-topic about once a day. sometimes just the absolute worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i absolutely do not envy the people who have to do this on a forum with more than a few hundred posts a day of traffic, or that isn’t tied to people’s jobs in a way that keeps them mostly in line