Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

pencilhands posted:

market basket is my favorite grocery store. i wouldnt shop anywhere else if they opened one in western mass. alas....

Working for market basket corporate was the first and thankfully last time I heard someone say the n word on the job.

Same guy called a coworker a slur for gay people later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bossy lady posted:

Working for market basket corporate was the first and thankfully last time I heard someone say the n word on the job.

Same guy called a coworker a slur for gay people later.

So like, did you report em? I think that's more of a New England thing than a Market Basket thing.

Like I worked for a hospital and heard the head cook there say he'd never hire a woman, I went straight to HR and hosed his rear end up.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

So like, did you report em? I think that's more of a New England thing than a Market Basket thing.

Like I worked for a hospital and heard the head cook there say he'd never hire a woman, I went straight to HR and hosed his rear end up.
The only time I ever heard genuine ye olde anti-Catholic sentiment was in RI and it never fails to confuse me over a decade later.

NE Bigotry needs a protected designation of origin.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i'm anti-catholic, if that helps

death to the catholic pedophile church

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
it’s not that the Catholic Church doesn’t have the loud screaming issues but it was along the lines of 1900s “papist as a slur” comment.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Zero VGS posted:

I told my manager, but I didn't bother escalating it. I was working there as a consultant and the partner who owned the account would rather not hear about that kind of poo poo.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Edit: Though with how crummy Gmail's been getting, maybe it going away or changing to be even worse will finally get me to change to something better?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://x.com/DailyMail/status/1762147022381928886?s=20

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmao i love the phrasing "plots"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

good time to stop buying trash fast food

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Loving this trend of everything skyrocketing in price except my salary

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jelly posted:

Loving this trend of everything skyrocketing in price except my salary

fast food is especially bad. we stopped at a&w for a climbing partner on the way back from the crag 2 weekends ago and he paid like $22 for a burger and fries and pop. crazy poo poo. then i went home and ate my 1 lb portion of jambalaya that i made for like $3 lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I could be wrong, but looks like the CEO of Wendys announced a move to all digital menus and then everything else was extrapolated by Daily Mail (to nobodies surprise) leading to an article about how they *could* perhaps maybe, use AI to create lunch time surge prices.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

fast food is especially bad. we stopped at a&w for a climbing partner on the way back from the crag 2 weekends ago and he paid like $22 for a burger and fries and pop. crazy poo poo. then i went home and ate my 1 lb portion of jambalaya that i made for like $3 lol

You must be mistaken, we have concluded that cooking for yourself is more expensive than eating out, actually

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Salt Fish posted:

I could be wrong, but looks like the CEO of Wendys announced a move to all digital menus and then everything else was extrapolated by Daily Mail (to nobodies surprise) leading to an article about how they *could* perhaps maybe, use AI to create lunch time surge prices.

although I guarantee they're not the first fast-food CEO to think about raising prices after 10pm for the inebriated crowd

:lol: the jack-in-the-box munchie meal price went up 100% in 3 years

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Salt Fish posted:

Nah
https://www.foodandwine.com/wendys-introducing-dynamic-pricing-8600506

quote:

Tanner stated, “Beginning as early as 2025, we will begin testing more enhanced features like dynamic pricing and daypart offerings along with AI-enabled menu changes and suggestive selling.”

you also know the prices will never get cheaper, only more expensive

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

And then there's the doordash/ubereats multiplication factor

I think that exacerbated it even further as they can see we're more than receptive to paying money to be lazier sacks of flesh

Salt Fish posted:

Wendy's is my fave, and the cheapest in town along with JITB, so I'll stick with your interpretation until I hear more, 4 for $5 reigns king

(Taco Bell might be cheaper but I'm sorry, it's slop)

Jelly fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 26, 2024

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

You must be mistaken, we have concluded that cooking for yourself is more expensive than eating out, actually

maybe in america but it hasn't been that way around here in a long time. last i was at mcdonalds a junior chicken was like $4. a big mac (just the sandwich) was like 7-8. do you still have the dollar menu there?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

maybe in america but it hasn't been that way around here in a long time. last i was at mcdonalds a junior chicken was like $4. a big mac (just the sandwich) was like 7-8. do you still have the dollar menu there?

He's just making fun of the goons who make that assertion all the time, fast food is expensive as gently caress now

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

big mean giraffe posted:

He's just making fun of the goons who make that assertion all the time, fast food is expensive as gently caress now

poo poo, was it also a joke when I replied to a similar post!?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

big mean giraffe posted:

It was a heated discussion itt like two pages ago, lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

It's also something that was a heated discussion itt like two pages ago, lol

oh whoops lol sry i just skipped ahead. i dont really post much on the weekends (day crew, office hours)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

do you still have the dollar menu there?

Nope!

It's been a "value menu" or something for years.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

wow, new money making feature is something that "got shitter?" goons will hate anything popular :rolleyes:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Dynamic pricing my rear end, it's basically Unhappy Hour.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That means they will lower prices when there is low demand

Right

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nope!

It's been a "value menu" or something for years.

this is what they took from us

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

is pepsi ok posted:

We used to be a proper country

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

is pepsi ok posted:

Can't believe you used to be able to get 9 whole cookies for the current price of a single candy bar

Unrelated to this rent in my city has gone up almost $300/mo in just the last month. I was looking at apartments at the end of January and there were plenty around $1100/month but now that I got a job that pays me enough to live alone the cheapest I can find is $1375/month

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 27, 2024

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I bought Girl Scout cookies yesterday for the first time in decades and they are smaller with bigger internal packaging. Surprise! They were still delicious and I helped some kids out so whatever mostly.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

No music or celebrity is worth that much to me. That's just insane.

The $250 for Rage was disgusting as gently caress and turned me off of it for the rest of my life. wtf is wrong with people willing to fork out that much money for a couple of hours of entertainment? Not to mention the hassle of getting there. The line to get into Rage was about 2 miles long on the roads with cops having to direct traffic. We missed Run the Jewels because it took like 2 hours just to get to the gate. $1,500? That's a few months of car payments. what in god's name? I'd pay that much maybe to play on stage with my favorite band at a big rock concert. Like replace one of them and perform.

And bands play for like 45 minutes. I'm aware that big pop stars put on a "show" that might be 2 hours or so. Still just..... I don't get it. I really don't.

This poo poo is insane. I had no idea it was this ruined. And people will still pay it and push the prices up higher and higher. I wonder how many swifties take out loans for a loving concert ticket.

edit: now I'm angry. Sorry. :mad:

This is old but where was your concert? It sounds like maybe the venue/city just has lovely organization for events. I went to the Cleveland show and traffic wasn't really bad considering it was a sold out basketball arena everyone was flooding into. I've also been to a bunch of concerts in Pittsburgh the last few years and things were pretty okay down there as well. I mean, I saw Metallica at Ford Field in downtown Detroit this past fall and traffic wasn't bad there either.

I usually go a little early because I have a concert ritual of finding a good place for food and drinks so I can limit how much money I blow on alcohol once inside so that might be the difference if you're showing up a bit closer to showtime.

Also, Rage in particular donated to local charities at every stop on that tour and the amounts ranged from around $100,000 to even higher. The 5 shows at Madison Square Garden raised over a million dollars themselves so I wasn't as pissed about ticket prices for them because at least they're helping the communities.

https://wmmr.com/listicle/rage-against-the-machine-has-raised-a-bunch-of-money-on-their-reunion-tour/

If you're curious about your own shows contributions.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

is pepsi ok posted:

I got Wendy's about 9 months or so ago. I used to just go in and get a bunch of dollar menu stuff as a personal weekend tradition. Not only are the portions smaller now, and more expensive, but everything was so dry, shrunken, and disappointing. Come to think of it, this was also the last time I got fast food on my own. Fast food was never great, but it was fun and cheap. Just think of the structure of a hot Wendy's fry with its crisp edges and hot insides. Now it's a crappy, expensive, and vexing experience.

Could be I came late in the lunch service and was served food that had been around a while. "Not all Wendy's is like that," maybe. I don't care, it's not worth giving it another shot.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

is pepsi ok posted:

For a month, Burger King competed with a TRIPLE burger for $1. So I went and plunked $4 and blew my friends away with the Dodecaburger.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Apparently I missed the entire thread about the dogshit "AI" thing being built into windows but I just got rid of it by pressing winkey+R and running
code:
reg add HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot /v TurnOffWindowsCopilot /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
You can do it manually via regedit if you prefer.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

I've basically shopped by weight for years since I'm used to bouncing between a couple different stores that have different sizes of the same staples. That's helped protect me from surprise shrinkflation, but it leads to getting more and more disappointed every trip as things constantly creep upward

Stepping into a grocery store is like an on demand depressive episode these days.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Black Sunshine posted:

This is old but where was your concert?

Alpine Valley in Elkhorn, WI.

Also, the McDouble is like $2.89 here now pre-tax. gently caress McDonald's.

And gently caress Wendy's for doing that pricing bullshit.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Alpine Valley in Elkhorn, WI.

Also, the McDouble is like $2.89 here now pre-tax. gently caress McDonald's.

And gently caress Wendy's for doing that pricing bullshit.

gently caress all fast food prices at this point. It's motherfucking $2.79 for Taco Bell Nachos these days... a handful of mostly broken tortilla chips and a tiny rear end thimble of "cheese sauce" from a 5 gallon jug WTF

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A&W up here in Canada used to be a step up in fast food. And then they started pricing themselves accordingly. Then above accordingly. And now their burgers taste like poo poo. A winning formula!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

euphronius posted:

That means they will lower prices when there is low demand

Right

Well, no. They need to raise prices to compensate for selling less!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

burger family just trying to afford a house in trudeau’s canada