Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

do we have to keep humoring this guy. lets just talk about useful or interesting stuff instead, this isnt d&d

oh poo poo terrible snipe sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

are generals flammable too?

Morbus
May 18, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Someone interested in pursuing American national interests is better known as a loving fascist. DTA.

In the world of material realism the person with materially useful knowledge and skills is infinitely more valuable than the absolute useless dogshit filling out every western "leftist" org, hth

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Usually state side units will wear black armbands or some other memorial thing after someone in the unit dies. Wonder if that hero's unit will be allowed to do anything.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

The Demilich posted:

For many military service is just a way out of a broken home where no other prospects exist. My brother-in-law was an example of this and he became an even more fervant leftist after he left the army and we would talk communist shop all the time. He ended up killing himself unfortunately.

America is a dystopic shithole so it's frankly not surprising that the MIC feeds on the poorest of the poor. But let's not forget that those people the country takes into its service aren't all imbeciles that are going to be molded into perfect psychopathic patriots. Many learn exactly what they hate about this country and why while in the service.

:negative: I'm so sorry. But yeah, less vets killing themselves, more vets becoming comrades, please.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

lol

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They're active threats to the movement, and my point was literally and exactly that no one deserves to be in the movement.

man they have entire reddits dedicated to jerking off you don't have to do it here

ultimately i think you've internalized some anti-intellectual notions of strongman rejection of understanding how people are created as subjects by the structures they exist within and have valorized some macho notions of strength and tough guy posting that don't actually play out in any positive way in the material world

maybe Mao wouldn't be a good start (big surprise), try just reading up on structuralism and looking around on the places where normal people post and try to understand the structures that have made them so god damned stupid and pliable to the will of the empire and comparing your position to theirs when possible, try to think about the circumstances and structures you yourself were exposed to and the places that your own beliefs come from. expunge your own belief in the immortal soul that makes you an inherently valorous human being worthy and capable of such great heights in morality and intellect and consider instead how different your life may have been given slightly different circumstances.

or dont, i'm not your dad lol

e: anyways, my apologies, i've had many drinks tonight so I'm derailing the palestine thread with marxist philosophy and western poo poo again, check out how funny this fuckin post is:

Flournival Dixon has issued a correction as of 05:18 on Feb 27, 2024

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

SniperWoreConverse posted:

people in a philosophically living world
-- vs --
people in a philosophically extinct reality

things can grow and change and be accomplished, ideas and dreams may flourish or perish
-- or --
the universe is a sterile corpse, actions result in recombinations of arbitrary dead materials

things may be good or bad or some mixture or even not much of either. qualities might exist. perhaps even moral concepts???
-- or --
literally nothing. we're ghosts or in hell already idk. zero-sum in a hosed-up way more than math or fedora-posting or strategy.

:emptyquote:

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023
seeing a guy do an incredibly brave act of martyrdom to speak out against a genocide: ummm hold on, did some anarchists let him pass food and blankets to some homeless people or some poo poo? what the gently caress, guys…

edit: this dumb poo poo is the same type of air sucking pointless derailment as the stupid “don’t use Rest In Power” poo poo you’ll see on twitter about him right now, just leftist instead of lib

HermitSupplier has issued a correction as of 05:20 on Feb 27, 2024

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Delta-Wye posted:

here's hoping he makes a difference, at least hebrews have previously listened to a burning bushnell

Morbus posted:

jesus christ

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Morbus posted:

In the world of material realism the person with materially useful knowledge and skills is infinitely more valuable than the absolute useless dogshit filling out every western "leftist" org, hth

I don't believe for a second that a US troop has any useful skills or knowledge to a revolutionary worker or guerilla fighter. Would a conscientious Israeli troop be able to teach Hamas how best to fight their army? No, they wouldn't have the first clue.

Flournival Dixon posted:

man they have entire reddits dedicated to jerking off you don't have to do it here

ultimately i think you've internalized some anti-intellectual notions of strongman rejection of understanding how people are created as subjects by the structures they exist within and have valorized some macho notions of strength and tough guy posting that don't actually play out in any positive way in the material world

maybe Mao wouldn't be a good start (big surprise), try just reading up on structuralism and looking around on the places where normal people post and try to understand the structures that have made them so god damned stupid and pliable to the will of the empire and comparing your position to theirs when possible, try to think about the circumstances and structures you yourself were exposed to and the places that your own beliefs come from. expunge your own belief in the immortal soul that makes you an inherently valorous human being worthy and capable of such great heights in morality and intellect and consider instead how different your life may have been given slightly different circumstances.

or dont, i'm not your dad lol

You people are sick. It's not loving anti-intellectual or failing to meet people where they are to say that we shouldn't accept our enemy into our ranks. Someone who was willing to kill for US Empire is a Nazi. And I don't care how useful a ~reformed~ Nazi is to the movement. This is blatant Trotskyism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WhiskeyWhiskers has issued a correction as of 05:20 on Feb 27, 2024

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

esteemed goons I invite you all to the marxist thread if you want to discuss theoretical principles of organization and agitation

(and there I solemnly swear that you will get your poo poo kicked in by pristine posting prowess of its members if you decide to be garbage about it)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't believe for a second that a US troop has any useful skills or knowledge to a revolutionary worker or guerilla fighter. Would a conscientious Israeli troop be able to teach Hamas how best to fight their army? No, they wouldn't have the first clue.

Not engaging just laughing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Good call

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

go blather here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967822&pagenumber=358&perpage=40

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Just probe this roundabout reactionary idiot and move this along Christ.

America can have a hero for a day, may his conviction redouble resistance against this Great Satan.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GoLambo posted:

may his conviction redouble resistance against this Great Satan.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GoLambo posted:

Just probe this roundabout reactionary idiot and move this along Christ.

America can have a hero for a day, may his conviction redouble resistance against this Great Satan.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They're active threats to the movement, and my point was literally and exactly that no one deserves to be in the movement.

What "movement"?

There isn't a single western leftist "organization" that isn't already:

1.) Embarassingly & thouroughly infiltrated with cops and--even worse--libs

2.) Packed with some most useless goddamn people you will ever find

In contrast to this, active military personnel taking independent and/or loosely organized direct action would be an enormous improvement, and should be encouraged, in any form. If letting them in some stupid club--which we both know isn't collectively accomplishing jack poo poo anyway--helps encourage them to do this, then it's a fine thing.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

G.K. Chesterton, A Defense of Rash Vows:

"And it is this transfiguring self-discipline that makes the vow a truly sane thing. It must have satisfied even the giant hunger of the soul of a lover or a poet to know that in consequence of some one instant of decision that strange chain would hang for centuries in the Alps among the silences of stars and snows. All around us is the city of small sins, abounding in backways and retreats, but surely, sooner or later, the towering flame will rise from the harbour announcing that the reign of the cowards is over and a man is burning his ships."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the night of the burger

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Also, lot of people revealing that they were raised Prods ITT. The guy martyred himself. That action alone washes away his past, you dolts.

Severus, Life of Saint Martin posted:

Martin, then, was born at Sabaria in Pannonia, but was brought up at Ticinum, which is situated in Italy. His parents were, according to the judgment of the world, of no mean rank, but were heathens. His father was at first simply a soldier, but afterwards a military tribune. He himself in his youth following military pursuits was enrolled in the imperial guard, first under king Constantine, and then under Julian Cæsar. This, however, was not done of his own free will, for, almost from his earliest years, the holy infancy of the illustrious boy aspired rather to the service of God.

For, when he was of the age of ten years, he betook himself, against the wish of his parents, to the Church, and begged that he might become a catechumen. Soon afterwards, becoming in a wonderful manner completely devoted to the service of God, when he was twelve years old, he desired to enter on the life of a hermit; and he would have followed up that desire with the necessary vows, had not his as yet too youthful age prevented. His mind, however, being always engaged on matters pertaining to the monasteries or the Church, already meditated in his boyish years what he afterwards, as a professed servant of Christ, fulfilled.

But when an edict was issued by the ruling powers in the state, that the sons of veterans should be enrolled for military service, and he, on the information furnished by his father, (who looked with an evil eye on his blessed actions) having been seized and put in chains, when he was fifteen years old, was compelled to take the military oath, then showed himself content with only one servant as his attendant. And even to him, changing places as it were, he often acted as though, while really master, he had been inferior; to such a degree that, for the most part, he drew off his [servant's] boots and cleaned them with his own hand; while they took their meals together, the real master, however, generally acting the part of servant.

During nearly three years before his baptism, he was engaged in the profession of arms, but he kept completely free from those vices in which that class of men become too frequently involved. He showed exceeding kindness towards his fellow-soldiers, and held them in wonderful affection; while his patience and humility surpassed what seemed possible to human nature. There is no need to praise the self-denial which he displayed: it was so great that, even at that date, he was regarded not so much as being a soldier as a monk. By all these qualities he had so endeared himself to the whole body of his comrades, that they esteemed him while they marvelously loved him.

Although not yet made a new creature in Christ, he, by his good works, acted the part of a candidate for baptism. This he did, for instance, by aiding those who were in trouble, by furnishing assistance to the wretched, by supporting the needy, by clothing the naked, while he reserved nothing for himself from his military pay except what was necessary for his daily sustenance. Even then, far from being a senseless hearer of the Gospel, he so far complied with its precepts as to take no thought about the morrow.

Severus, Life of Saint Martin posted:

Accordingly, at a certain period, when he had nothing except his arms and his simple military dress, in the middle of winter, a winter which had shown itself more severe than ordinary, so that the extreme cold was proving fatal to many, he happened to meet at the gate of the city of Amiens a poor man destitute of clothing. He was entreating those that passed by to have compassion upon him, but all passed the wretched man without notice, when Martin, that man full of God, recognized that a being to whom others showed no pity, was, in that respect, left to him. Yet, what should he do? He had nothing except the cloak in which he was clad, for he had already parted with the rest of his garments for similar purposes.

Taking, therefore, his sword with which he was girt, he divided his cloak into two equal parts, and gave one part to the poor man, while he again clothed himself with the remainder. Upon this, some of the by-standers laughed, because he was now an unsightly object, and stood out as but partly dressed. Many, however, who were of sounder understanding, groaned deeply because they themselves had done nothing similar. They especially felt this, because, being possessed of more than Martin, they could have clothed the poor man without reducing themselves to nakedness.

In the following night, when Martin had resigned himself to sleep, he had a vision of Christ arrayed in that part of his cloak with which he had clothed the poor man. He contemplated the Lord with the greatest attention, and was told to own as his the robe which he had given. Ere long, he heard Jesus saying with a clear voice to the multitude of angels standing round — "Martin, who is still but a catechumen, clothed me with this robe." The Lord, truly mindful of his own words (who had said when on earth — "Inasmuch as you have done these things to one of the least of these, you have done them unto me"), declared that he himself had been clothed in that poor man; and to confirm the testimony he bore to so good a deed, he condescended to show him himself in that very dress which the poor man had received.

After this vision, the sainted man was not puffed up with human glory, but, acknowledging the goodness of God in what had been done, and being now of the age of twenty years, he hastened to receive baptism. He did not, however, all at once, retire from military service, yielding to the entreaties of his tribune, whom he admitted to be his familiar tent-companion. For the tribune promised that, after the period of his office had expired, he too would retire from the world. Martin, kept back by the expectation of this event, continued, although but in name, to act the part of a soldier, for nearly two years after he had received baptism.

Later Retelling of the Life of Saint Martin posted:

Martin remained in the military for two more years at the request of a friend. One day, the commanding officer was passing out bonuses to the soldiers as they prepared for battle the next day. When Martin was called forward, he stated, “I have been your soldier until now. Let me serve God henceforth. Give your bonus to someone who’ll fight for you. I am Christ’s soldier, and it’s not right for me to engage in battle.” Martin was accused of being a coward because they were going into battle the following day. To that accusation he replied, “If you believe I’m acting out of fear, I’ll stand unarmed in front of the enemy lines tomorrow. Shielded only by my faith in Jesus and the sign of the cross, I’ll face them without armor.”

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 05:27 on Feb 27, 2024

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So I'm hearing that before he laid down his life for the oppressed, the suffering and the dying, he spent his time feeding the hungry? I don't really give a poo poo if he was a troop and an anarchist and worse besides. We should all be a tenth so righteous.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Also, lot of people revealing that they were raised Prods ITT. The guy martyred himself. That action alone washes away his past, you dolts.

lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Grem posted:

Usually state side units will wear black armbands or some other memorial thing after someone in the unit dies. Wonder if that hero's unit will be allowed to do anything.

The spin I'm seeing is trying to frame this as a "mental health issue" so I doubt anything like that would be allowed because there's not enough but a growing amount discontent and disillusionment among normal people inside and outside the military as a result of us going whole hog on making sure the newest trains to auschwitz run on time that acts like this self-immolation are a small but real threat to the status quo.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

RadiRoot posted:

are generals flammable too?

only one way to find out

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

docbeard posted:

So I'm hearing that before he laid down his life for the oppressed, the suffering and the dying, he spent his time feeding the hungry? I don't really give a poo poo if he was a troop and an anarchist and worse besides. We should all be a tenth so righteous.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Saint Sebastian, soldier

Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, soldier

Saint George, soldier

Saint Agathius, soldier

Saint Andrew the General, soldier

Saint John the Warrior, soldier

etc etc

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Would a conscientious Israeli troop be able to teach Hamas how best to fight their army? No, they wouldn't have the first clue

idk, some IOF forces seemed to do pretty well on October 7th and 8th blowing up zionist settlements.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

In a way, this is a pie-in-the-sky outcome that even the most optimistic hardcore leftists wouldn't anticipate.

Lots of people asks themselves, "hey, if the system will kill them anyway, why don't people do something useful with their deaths and make it a blow against the structures that kill them?". And then this guy went even beyond that, beyond dreams of defiantly throwing a rock at the tank about to crush you. He knew he had a shot to really, really make it hurt. People go their entire lives agitating and rabblerousing hoping to deal one-hundredth as much damage to the grip and illusion of moral infallibility the government has, before they die.

So it bears discussing why this is all worth dick squat, and we should instead be jerking off into our own mouths, very leftistly.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Stairmaster posted:

the night of the burger

Zupfbratenknacht

speng31b
May 8, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You people are sick. It's not loving anti-intellectual or failing to meet people where they are to say that we shouldn't accept our enemy into our ranks. Someone who was willing to kill for US Empire is a Nazi. And I don't care how useful a ~reformed~ Nazi is to the movement. This is blatant Trotskyism.

quoting this one as a reminder for the one to chain probe

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

More artwork coming out

https://x.com/emadisanie624/status/1762338172053176760?s=46

https://x.com/artsymarx1st/status/1762316832164151762?s=46

https://x.com/iemonjellies/status/1762150510017024293?s=46

https://x.com/suppressednws/status/1762280065017008158?s=46

https://x.com/kahlissee/status/1762183404965990748?s=46

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
lmbo this fool with half a coat. Real nice dress uniform.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

docbeard posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Saint Sebastian, soldier

Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, soldier

Saint George, soldier

Saint Agathius, soldier

Saint Andrew the General, soldier

Saint John the Warrior, soldier

etc etc

https://twitter.com/killerguerilla/status/1762292637376155856

should we tell them

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

docbeard posted:

seriously
like how can anyone miss the important part here come on

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

I remember seeing a photo of some officer graduating from Westpoint clandestinely showing the photographer the inside of his cover (hat) that had a copy of Das Kapital in it or something.

heavy hat

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
anyway given Bushnell's incredible act of courage I can find it in my heart to forgive him for being an anarchist

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it was the entirety of marx' work condensed into three words. heavy is the head that wears the crown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you all are just jealous anarchists take materialism and apply it to their daily lives, resisting the capitalist lifestyle by living in a filthy house with dog piss all over the shag carpeting