Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Tagra posted:

"What's the physio gonna do?"

:lol:

What’s the physio gonna do??

https://youtu.be/TT9ArM3-KJQ?si=-JL8kxaaK2_asXNx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I note that 0% of Americans think they can beat a small sized dog. Wise choice.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Honestly the most terrifying animal on that list is the Chimp.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
A lot of that depends on if you're motivated to actually hurt the animal. A goose is like 20 pounds and has fragile, hollow bones. You can easily beat it in a fight.

But in reality, people lose to the goose because the goose is giving it's all, and the human doesn't actually want to hurt the goose. Weight class matters a lot. I mean, it's just an animal. You'd have to be pretty sick to actually try to hurt most of these animals. A cobra would probably result in you killing each other. 0% of people could be a lion, gorilla, elephant or bear.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Master Twig posted:

and the human doesn't actually want to hurt the goose

Speak for yourself. Fuckin goose assholes :arghfist:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It doesn't specify fist fight. I would simply bring a claymore to the fight.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DarkDobe posted:

Nah grizzly 1000%

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fishing with the fam posted:

I would bring several dozen claymores to the fight.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'd rather take on the wolf than the chimp, but more people are confident they could take on the chimp.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

bobjr posted:

I'd rather take on the wolf than the chimp, but more people are confident they could take on the chimp.

Just throw a little sand to show dominance.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Captain Hygiene posted:

I could beat almost any given crab, having stacked my evolutionary stats in size rather than superior body design

The crab gets to choose the arena

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

fishing with the fam posted:

I could win a goose in a fist fight, but if you give them swords then the odds are even.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I'm confident that Stupid Newbie there in my avatar, who is a very laid back and cooperative cat, would win a fight with me if she truly went for it,

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I would hurt goose or maverick, idgaf

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

DarkDobe posted:

croc in the water imo also that graph was prenope post nope the chimp went down for sure

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I've killed a moose with my bare hands it is a rite of passage

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I've killed a moose with my bare hands it is a rite of passage

we arent all canadian.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Inceltown posted:

I would hurt goose or maverick, idgaf

You're ice cold

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

bobjr posted:

The chimp has FOUR, count ‘em, FOUR opposable thumb digits. If I get a wolf’s back in a chokehold it might not be able to get out, but a chimp would simply reach back and tear my eyeballs out or my jaw off.

Anyone who thinks they can fight a chimp has a chimpbrain.

e: ok maybe their big toes aren’t quite thumbs in function but my point stands.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

0% think they can defeat a rhino. Curious!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If it's a kill or be killed situation, I'd rather fight a wolf than a chimp, but I wouldn't put money on me in either case.

(Actually I would put everything I own on me because if I don't win what the gently caress do I care about losing money in addition to being dead).

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I'm more concerned that 28% of us would roll over for a single rat. Though looking at our recent political history maybe this isn't that surprising after all.

e:

DarkDobe posted:

I was going to say elephant, but yeah if you ever want to not sleep for a week, look up the injuries people sustain during chimp attacks :barf: They're close enough to us that they know exactly where to aim for Critical DamageTM.

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Feb 27, 2024

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Takes No Damage posted:

I was going to say elephant, but yeah if you ever want to not sleep for a week, look up the injuries people sustain during chimp attacks :barf: They're close enough to us that they know exactly where to aim for Critical DamageTM.

Its this.

The bear? Probably going to kill me, hopefully fast. (I don't think I can beat one in a fight)
Croc? Definitely going to kill me and it'll be pretty quick.
The chimp? PROBABLY going to mutilate me and leave me alive a'la 'To The Pain' Princess Bride style.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

That's just it though, you sustain injuries. When a grizzly gets you, you don't sustain.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Bottom Liner posted:

That's just it though, you sustain injuries. When a grizzly gets you, you don't sustain.

You seem to mistake things here: I would rather be dead then 'survive' a chimp attack.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Bottom Liner posted:

rather be dead than have my balls and eyes ripped off

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Large Testicles posted:

Trustable username/post combo

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

depends just how large

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I once wrestled a whitetail buck down and euthanized it with a small pocket knife but he had been hit by a car shortly before and I also did not get away uninjured.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

If you knew anything about chimp attack injuries you would welcome a 'grizzly' death :v:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I'm confident that Stupid Newbie there in my avatar, who is a very laid back and cooperative cat, would win a fight with me if she truly went for it,

I believe in you.

You and the cat could both lose.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm more concerned that 28% of us would roll over for a single rat.
In a fight between me and a rat I don't think either of us would "win" because we'd both be trying to not fight each other. If I needed to kill a rat I would not "fight" it, I'd set a trap.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I once wrestled a whitetail buck down and euthanized it with a small pocket knife but he had been hit by a car shortly before and I also did not get away uninjured.

I wrestled a llama once, and won. This was in a forest so it was a fair fight. Fucker spat on me though.

I firmly believe I have won in hand to hand combat against the largest or at least in the top five largest animals of anyone on the forums. Llamas are huge.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The fact that 28% of people apparently don't think they can beat a rat in a fight shows that people answering these sorts of surveys have very different definitions of "win."

No human is going to lose to a rat in the sense of "the rat is triumphant and the human dies." But if your definition of "lose a fight" is "get injured", then maybe you're afraid that the rat bites you before you, idk, loving crush its tiny bones with your bare hands because you're a few hundred times bigger than it. And because you're not confident in your ability to not get bitten, you say "no." Or, as Tiggum suggests, maybe they're including "being able to track down and catch your opponent" as part of the "fight".

Can I "win" in the sense of "sustain zero injury and kill my opponent"?
Can I "win" in the sense of "sustain no permanent damage and kill my opponent"?
Can I "win" in the sense of "kill the animal and still be alive (but perhaps maimed)"?
Can I "win" in the sense of "scare off the animal and get away alive"?

So one's response to the survey not only depends on how confident they are, but also in how they interpret the question. So I think that's why these survey responses are always closer to 50% than you'd expect (in both directions). Those crazy 8% of people who think they can take a lion surely includes a lot of deluded toxic-masculinity-brained morons who think they could kill a lion unscathed, but also people who might be just thinking, "I can wave my arms and scream at it until it goes away," which is probably true, and considering that as having "won" the "fight".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bears will kill you and eat you.

Rhinos will kill and eat you.

Chimps will just gently caress you up and then eat you and if you die, well, poo poo happens.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

DontMockMySmock posted:

The fact that 28% of people apparently don't think they can beat a rat in a fight shows that people answering these sorts of surveys have very different definitions of "win."

No human is going to lose to a rat in the sense of "the rat is triumphant and the human dies." But if your definition of "lose a fight" is "get injured", then maybe you're afraid that the rat bites you before you, idk, loving crush its tiny bones with your bare hands because you're a few hundred times bigger than it. And because you're not confident in your ability to not get bitten, you say "no." Or, as Tiggum suggests, maybe they're including "being able to track down and catch your opponent" as part of the "fight".

Can I "win" in the sense of "sustain zero injury and kill my opponent"?
Can I "win" in the sense of "sustain no permanent damage and kill my opponent"?
Can I "win" in the sense of "kill the animal and still be alive (but perhaps maimed)"?
Can I "win" in the sense of "scare off the animal and get away alive"?

So one's response to the survey not only depends on how confident they are, but also in how they interpret the question. So I think that's why these survey responses are always closer to 50% than you'd expect (in both directions). Those crazy 8% of people who think they can take a lion surely includes a lot of deluded toxic-masculinity-brained morons who think they could kill a lion unscathed, but also people who might be just thinking, "I can wave my arms and scream at it until it goes away," which is probably true, and considering that as having "won" the "fight".

rat gives you rat disease and you die two weeks later, checkmate dumbass human

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

rat gives you rat disease and you die two weeks later, checkmate dumbass human

That’s my plan for beating the lion. Except it’s cholesterol and microplastics rather than diseases.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

I could take most fancy isopods

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dobbymoodge posted:

Depends who gets to choose the arena I guess, a deep sea isopod would have a real home advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

dobbymoodge posted:

Look inside your mouth.

The isopods have already won.