Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

CainFortea posted:

This doesn't work cause the bot drop ships just keep going where players are.

they also just go to the base even if no players are there. i was playing with a buddy who was farming samples on those missions and every time we went to extract after the timer there was always a pile of bots just standing around inside the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Game is great. Accidentally took an auto cannon when I was trying to take a stab at a grenade launcher and supply backpack combo. Got ambushed by 5 chargers at the first egg site and barely managed to stabilize after two players left. It was the third mission in an op so we pressed on and barely evaced ahead of another wave of chargers.

Had a hug on the destroyer then signed off the game. Good luck out there fellow helldiver.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I was quite smitten with Draupnir, aka Highlands Planet, but I think my new favorite is Hellmire. Desert hellhole orbiting a Brown Dwarf is cool as poo poo.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think the defense maps just need a little tweaking, the maps should be a bit bigger and more open so people can have fun taking shots at enemies before they reach their more fortified center position, quadruple the amount of enemies required to finish the mission and just send a FLOOD of low tier trash constantly from all sides with a few elites coming in from the edge of the map.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I blew up an incoming drop ship with a direct hit from the newbie orbital strike. It felt incredible, I was laughing my head off.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I keep loading into other player's destroyers but getting stuck in the cryopod area behind the doors lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

it's over helldiver, we have the high ground

Owl Inspector posted:

hellbomb code

the sequel: helldiver reinforced under the charger and couldn't get out, she survived prone for 30 seconds until the corpse despawned

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think the defense maps just need a little tweaking, the maps should be a bit bigger and more open so people can have fun taking shots at enemies before they reach their more fortified center position, quadruple the amount of enemies required to finish the mission and just send a FLOOD of low tier trash constantly from all sides with a few elites coming in from the edge of the map.

On this I wouldn't mind extraction getting way hotter but also having more unexploded ordnance and placement guns spawn. Ratchet up the starship trooping.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I was quite smitten with Draupnir, aka Highlands Planet, but I think my new favorite is Hellmire. Desert hellhole orbiting a Brown Dwarf is cool as poo poo.

Good job doing your part soldier.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

veni veni veni posted:

People going Rambo can be a huge pain in the rear end and imo it's kind of an annoyingly selfish way to play. If it's well communicated why they are going to run off and there is a game plan it's fine, but some people like to run off and just start doing objectives alone, which causes very little enemies to spawn around them and a boost in enemies for the rest of the team to deal with. These same people always seem to think that they are the only ones who know what they are doing and everyone else is just taking on engagements for no reason when in reality their team is just getting swarmed and they are not helping at all.

The games progression is fast enough idg why some people want to bum rush every mission. If you stick together for the most part you'll get out with the whole team, with the most resources and usually have 10-15 minutes to spare even on the highest difficulties.

So you’re hitting all sub objectives, nests/factories, samples, poi on difficulty 8/9 as a 4 man group?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I played an extract the NPCs defense mission yesterday and to my surprise they made the radius of the map like three times bigger. not sure if that was just a random occurrence or if that came with an update. anyway, it made the mission much more fun because you could actually utilize your range and strategems and keep the situation under control

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Kly posted:

they also just go to the base even if no players are there. i was playing with a buddy who was farming samples on those missions and every time we went to extract after the timer there was always a pile of bots just standing around inside the base.

I mean, they don't, if they're all fighting and reinforcing against the other 3 divers out in the field. There's literally video of it. The solo deals with a handful of bots and has the run away at one point for a minute when the murder all gets a little too close and a tank ends up inside.

Like he still has to kill the occasional patrolling bot. They're wandering into the base. But there's like one single dropship that comes to the base the entire time. Pushing the buttons clearly does not trigger dropships or anything.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I love the railgun. It's lovely.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I had a crazy mission on hellmire on Sunday with some randoms. It's a great map, and with the sandstorms it can be very tense.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Risky Bisquick posted:

So you’re hitting all sub objectives, nests/factories, samples, poi on difficulty 8/9 as a 4 man group?

usually about 3/4ths of them. Sometimes all of them but I'd say more often then not we miss a couple cause it's just not worth it.

E: haven't played 9 though

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Is there a decent wiki at this point of the game? I would like to see a list of all the possible planet modifiers, all the types of objectives, planet types, etc. Most of the guides I found on Internet were lists of weapons/enemies/stratagems.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Apologies if its been mentioned already, I skipped a lot of pages.

Is anyone else not getting the daily orders at the moment?

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Haven't had one for days.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

kaxman posted:

I mean, they don't, if they're all fighting and reinforcing against the other 3 divers out in the field. There's literally video of it. The solo deals with a handful of bots and has the run away at one point for a minute when the murder all gets a little too close and a tank ends up inside.

Like he still has to kill the occasional patrolling bot. They're wandering into the base. But there's like one single dropship that comes to the base the entire time. Pushing the buttons clearly does not trigger dropships or anything.

Have you actually tried it yourself? Because I have, and the results were not as displayed. Bot drop ships just kept coming at the normal pace at the normal locations and kept chasing civilians.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Custard Undies posted:

Apologies if its been mentioned already, I skipped a lot of pages.

Is anyone else not getting the daily orders at the moment?

It's a known issue, affecting everyone. They're coming back soon(tm).

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
always go rambo to find that loving stalker nest

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Spookydonut posted:

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

What's the best pair of eagle call-ins? I'm using Cluster Bomb right now and it's great but can't hit buildings.

Airstrike / cluster / 110s / 500kg if you have t3 hangar

depending on what you're fighting, what your teammates are bringing and your support weapon is.

110s and Airstrike are much better vs. Bots as 110s solve tanks and turrets and can kill a fab, Airstrike often kills an entire medium outpost.

Cluster and 500kg are better vs. Bugs

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 27, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Infidelicious posted:

Airstrike / cluster / 110s / 500kg if you have t3 hangar

depending on what you're fighting, what your teammates are bringing and your support weapon is.

110s and Airstrike are much better vs. Bots.

Cluster and 500kg are better vs. Bugs

Agree with this except for the clusters. I think airstrike is good on both, but you can swing to clusters if your team has armour on lockdown for bugs. Bombing run will ruin chargers and titans, but it's admittedly tough to land.

I'm tempted to take strafing run on a trip to 7+. Having a large number of very direct horde clear seems like if could be very nice in those tight spaces around eggs and stuff.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Spookydonut posted:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

JBP posted:

I'm tempted to take strafing run on a trip to 7+. Having a large number of very direct horde clear seems like if could be very nice in those tight spaces around eggs and stuff.

I gave up on strafing run at about this point because even half the chaff are semi-tanky enemies like shield bugs and brood commanders who don't really give a poo poo about this stratagem. The only major positive is that it doesn't hit fellow Helldivers very easily.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Vargs posted:

I gave up on strafing run at about this point because even half the chaff are semi-tanky enemies like shield bugs and brood commanders who don't really give a poo poo about this stratagem. The only major positive is that it doesn't hit fellow Helldivers very easily.

Ah I thought it would be strong enough to kill the medium bugs, rip

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The absolute best thing in this game is that sometimes on your spaceship, your cape will still flutter majestically in the breeze

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is the spear so finicky

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

JBP posted:

Agree with this except for the clusters. I think airstrike is good on both, but you can swing to clusters if your team has armour on lockdown for bugs. Bombing run will ruin chargers and titans, but it's admittedly tough to land.

Having 5 delete this patrol or POI buttons is pretty useful IMO. Airstrike is not reliable or precise enough to be a real solution to chargers outside POI spawns, and those are the easiest ones to deal with support Weapons anyways.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The absolute best thing in this game is that sometimes on your spaceship, your cape will still flutter majestically in the breeze

That's the winds of Democracy.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 27, 2024

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

After hearing a bunch of gaming podcasts I listen to gush about this game, I finally convinced a friend to pick it up today and we dove in tonight for our first few missions. What an absolute delight. The tone of the game has me laughing like an idiot constantly. The intro video and tutorial are just absolutely note perfect in terms of setting an atmosphere for the game. Things in-mission so far have bounced perfectly between satisfying moments of mowing down robots/bugs and horrifying moments of mowing down robots/bugs and hearing your weapon click and oh god there are more of them oh gently caress oh poo poo where the gently caress is that loving dropship!? I got to use a Hellbomb (I think that was what it was called?) to detonate some fuel silos and the resultant explosion was absolutely majestic.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

JBP posted:

Why is the spear so finicky

It's so annoying. Pointing the thing at a baddy while the little triangle spins in and out and never locks. Or it refuses to even show the triangle on a baddy in plain view. Sometimes it'll kill a cannon in one shot and sometimes takes two. The last one makes some sense to me, I guess it hit at a bad angle or something, but after struggling to even lock on just makes the weapon too unreliable. I've taken it on a dozen red missions and rarely get a kill on more than a couple of threatening bad guys. Meanwhile railgun makes life so much easier and doesn't consume a backpack slot

Reckon the lockon oughta be better, but it'd be really cool if you needed one Helldiver to lock on and the second to fire the weapon. Makes it feel like an advanced job, gives a reason to communicate and defines the weapon. The lockon could be justified for being really powerful too

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bandaid.friend posted:

It's so annoying. Pointing the thing at a baddy while the little triangle spins in and out and never locks. Or it refuses to even show the triangle on a baddy in plain view. Sometimes it'll kill a cannon in one shot and sometimes takes two. The last one makes some sense to me, I guess it hit at a bad angle or something, but after struggling to even lock on just makes the weapon too unreliable. I've taken it on a dozen red missions and rarely get a kill on more than a couple of threatening bad guys. Meanwhile railgun makes life so much easier and doesn't consume a backpack slot

Reckon the lockon oughta be better, but it'd be really cool if you needed one Helldiver to lock on and the second to fire the weapon. Makes it feel like an advanced job, gives a reason to communicate and defines the weapon. The lockon could be justified for being really powerful too

Yeah I don't know why it doesn't lock. Stationary target doesn't seem to matter. Distance doesn't seem to matter. When it locks a titan and you blow up its head with one shot it owns so much, I just wish the loving worked even 50% of the time!

It's cumbersome enough and hard enough to keep loaded up that it would be absolutely fine if it retained its current qualities while being a guaranteed lock. I read somewhere to try ads with it, but honestly that felt even less reliable for getting it to start and finish a lock on.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hit level 20 last night and uh yeah railgun + shield backpack is pretty busted. So much fun blasting hulks in the face with an overcharged railgun shot.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

After hearing a bunch of gaming podcasts I listen to gush about this game, I finally convinced a friend to pick it up today and we dove in tonight for our first few missions. What an absolute delight. The tone of the game has me laughing like an idiot constantly. The intro video and tutorial are just absolutely note perfect in terms of setting an atmosphere for the game. Things in-mission so far have bounced perfectly between satisfying moments of mowing down robots/bugs and horrifying moments of mowing down robots/bugs and hearing your weapon click and oh god there are more of them oh gently caress oh poo poo where the gently caress is that loving dropship!? I got to use a Hellbomb (I think that was what it was called?) to detonate some fuel silos and the resultant explosion was absolutely majestic.

Yeah, the tone of the game marks the difference. Think about it, they could have made a 4-player coop shooter game about generic space marines fighting generic aliens, and the HD2 is indeed that, but putting on top of that the layer of 'for managed Democracy!', with the whole Starship Troopers vibe, hearing dude shout taste FREEEEDOM! in the middle of a bombing run, and putting a button to salute and hug other players, and the game suddenly hit greater heights. It helps rallying up players together, and give everything a friendly vibe to the matches.

It's the same as DRG, which very smartly put a few details like naming the devices (Bosco, Dolly, etc), allowed drinking beer and dancing in the looby, and a few shouts like 'for Karl!' 'Rock & Stone!' etc, and somehow that made clear the vibes of the game are nice and jolly, indicating subtly this it isn't some hardcore game for no life gamers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

indicating subtly this it isn't some hardcore game for no life gamers.

I wish someone would tell the gamers!

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Is there a way to have your Special be equipped on drop or do you always have to spend the first 90 seconds of each run sitting around waiting for your heavy or backpack be shot down from the ship. Pretty annoying.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Springfield Fatts posted:

Is there a way to have your Special be equipped on drop or do you always have to spend the first 90 seconds of each run sitting around waiting for your heavy or backpack be shot down from the ship. Pretty annoying.

No

Also it is like 7 3 seconds

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Explorer posted:

I don't know what game others are looking for here, but if the optimal strategy is for everyone to gently caress off and do their own thing and to also avoiding shooting as much as you possibly can, I hope they rectify that as soon as possible. I can't think of a more boring game to play than solo Helldivers sneaky times.

While I appreciate the players actually good at Big Boss impersonation? It is going to cause so much carnage when the armor stat is fixed, and people have more incentive to use heavier armor beyond "Only way via warbond for Fortified perk." (Oh my god the ever growing count of scouts reduce to paste, while my cash shop medium-light fortified suits next to them are just ragdolled. My low deaths/ most stims used record is going to vanish once I am fighting bugs again.).

...There are going to people literally mad over people bringing the basic warbond medium scout perk armor instead of the fastest light armor one, isn't there :sigh:

Though I do hope the Devs don't just turn around and crank up enemy damage or reveal a bunch of 'PS acid barf ignores armor anyways' disclaimers "To prevent functional armor from being overpowered".

I am so burnt out by the current trend of "We listened to our community and fixed the thing that was functionally worthless... But we just HAD to nerf three other things preemptively to ensure it wouldn't be overpowered from finally fixing one reason it is garbage and nobody uses it."

Oneiros posted:

the liberator is a solid enough gun, tho funnily i think it's mostly beaten by the defender smg as a standard automatic gun primary

the real issue is that so many of the "sidegrades" are just hot garbage. i tried using the counter-sniper dmr and between the reduced ammo, increased recoil, and piss-poor handling that makes the autocannon feel snappy i ended up just using my sidearm as much as possible instead

I am also turning into an old man yelling at clouds about Tradeoffs that are 3/4 flaws and 1/4 passable feature. Give me classic X-Com "Lasers loving rule forever even though plasma hits harder" making both desirable, not "Well gosh, it wouldn't be fair if lasers were REALLY infinite ammo."

If you don't want something to be a straight upgrade, don't charge two to five times as many upgrade coupons for them then :argh:

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

JBP posted:

No

Also it is like 7 3 seconds

drat, also be as lovely at the dumb DDR mini game as me and it's an accurate time estimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Springfield Fatts posted:

drat, also be as lovely at the dumb DDR mini game as me and it's an accurate time estimate.

Wait until you're doing missions and think it's a safe deployment, but you land next to two chargers.