Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Well they're not called nice-opods, are they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Master Twig posted:

A lot of that depends on if you're motivated to actually hurt the animal. A goose is like 20 pounds and has fragile, hollow bones. You can easily beat it in a fight.

But in reality, people lose to the goose because the goose is giving it's all, and the human doesn't actually want to hurt the goose. Weight class matters a lot. I mean, it's just an animal. You'd have to be pretty sick to actually try to hurt most of these animals. A cobra would probably result in you killing each other. 0% of people could be a lion, gorilla, elephant or bear.

As a tiny child I once got swarmed by a flock of geese and my tiny little 110lb mother charged in like an avenging angel, grabbed a goose in each hand by the neck and used those geese as weapons against the other geese.

I'm fairly certain that I could defeat a goose if I so chose to do so. Even if i'm not a mother.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I could fight a cat I just don't want to :colbert:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CainFortea posted:

As a tiny child I once got swarmed by a flock of geese and my tiny little 110lb mother charged in like an avenging angel, grabbed a goose in each hand by the neck and used those geese as weapons against the other geese.

I'm fairly certain that I could defeat a goose if I so chose to do so. Even if i'm not a mother.

Dual-wielding goose flails sounds like something that should be viable in Dark Souls.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
every swing a honk

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Inceltown posted:

I would hurt goose or maverick, idgaf

I would fire a Maverick at the goose.

e: AGM-65 means Anti Goose Missile #65.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

And the young mothers name - Marie Curie

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Marie Curie was Polish born but French bred.

HA! FRENCH BREAD!

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

FreudianSlippers posted:

Marie Curie was Polish born but French bred.

HA! FRENCH BREAD!

Ah so she's Krakau born pain

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CainFortea posted:

It's going to be hard to top this post, thread

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I once wrestled a whitetail buck down and euthanized it with a small pocket knife but he had been hit by a car shortly before and I also did not get away uninjured.

I read this in Sam Elliott's voice.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This feels more unrealistic than being able to take a grizzly in a fight.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CainFortea posted:

That's nothing, here's a picture of my dad doing the same to save me from an even more impressive foe.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vlaphor posted:

She married one of Reddit’s founders.

Her tennis game is really good, but there’s got to be an outside chance that she makes a mistake on the court that is like one millionth as serious as marrying that guy.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vlaphor posted:

Now the question is, would I be able to take Serena Williams in a fight.

I would not

Slugworth posted:

That's nothing, here's a picture of my dad doing the same to save me from an even more impressive foe.

Probably an obvious question but why was your dad naked

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Vlaphor posted:

https://twitter.com/longwall26/status/1149726844385521665

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Don't know about those cat numbers

E;fb

Shageletic has a new favorite as of 13:22 on Feb 27, 2024

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
alright but could you win a fight against a Panda

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1762235022851948668

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

This photo:

...... has a real "Dashcon ballpit" vibe:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lapland New Forest guys at it again

e: lol it was so bad it has a Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapland_New_Forest

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Feb 27, 2024

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

"I'd sooner die than be inconvenienced" - Bertrand Russell probably

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

SecretOfSteel posted:

"I'd sooner die than be inconvenienced" - Bertrand Russell probably

Isn't that what the 1776 kerfuffle was all about?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Here is the funniest story of the year

https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1762235549727809858

quote:

Just 24 hours before 'Willy's Chocolate Experience' on Saturday at the Boxhub, organisers House of Illuminati posted pictures of a van full of props and said 'it's all coming together nicely'.

Yet families were left stunned when they arrived and were greeted with a near-empty warehouse with a few Wonka-themed props and a small bouncy castle, leaving distraught children in floods of tears.

The event was cancelled halfway through on Saturday as angered mothers, fathers and grandparents demanded refunds. Organisers have promised to give people their money back.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said officers were called to the cancelled event and 'advice was given'.

quote:

Despite organisers posting pictures on social media of thousands of sweets and lollies in the days leading up to the event, it was claimed by one parent their children were handed just a couple of jelly babies and a quarter of a can of Barr's limeade.

Paula Graham, 36, of Johnstone, Renfrewshire, went to the event with her husband Andrew, 39, their daughter Anna, eight, and her friend.

She told The Sun they forked out £65 on tickets having got a deal for two children and two adults.

'The actual experience took two minutes to walk though because there was nothing there. When we arrived so many people had complained that they shut it down.

'You couldn't even call it an event - it was terrible.

'The guy was saying 'just have a wee walk through and you'll get a refund'.'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13127687/amp/immersive-willy-wonka-event-glasgow-police.html

https://twitter.com/Vietpride218/status/1762325231970972005

E: https://twitter.com/dswhite7/status/1762280216670707715

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

this poor woman

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I'm laughing at only getting a quarter of a can of Barr's Limeade, its always the cheapest can in the shop. I'm loving that they couldn't even splash out for a full can.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
That Oompa-Loompa has a pretty kicking rad meth lab, can't sweat it.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed
There is a special flavor of schadenfreude that I get from terrible event planners. Fyre Festival is still the magnum opis because it is rich stupid fucks bulking rich stupid fucks.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ah, the future is now

The lack of foresight that this wouldn't go over well is astonishing. Especially because you'll be dealing directly with angry parents, one of nature's most dangerous foes.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Vlaphor posted:

How long do I get? Eventually she’ll double fault, right?

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
repost from previous thread

https://i.imgur.com/qXRgExK.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

One sweet teat please.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Regarding beating up animals : wtf is wrong wit you all?
Is this some kind of looser olympics? whats next?
Goons : "I Know i can poo poo my pants harder than you."
Trump : "Hold my tepid diet coke."

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

staberind posted:

Goons : "I Know i can poo poo my pants harder than you."
Trump : "Hold my tepid diet coke."

I don't tell you how/when to post you don't tell me how/when to wrestle a llama.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL1iQx4Wny8

The loving Supreme Court.
What a waste of humanity.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Also MTG.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Borscht posted:

How long do I get? Eventually she’ll double fault, right?

You double fault when you're trying to smash unreturnable serves into the very corners, which is necessary against elite tennis players. Against a random guy I'd happily bet she'd be more than capable of going a whole match either bouncing unreturnable serves into the corners or smashing hard ones straight down the middle that people would break their wrists trying to return.

staberind posted:

I mentioned it before but goons get real fuckin weird whenever geese are mentioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Butterfly Valley posted:

I mentioned it before but goons get real fuckin weird whenever geese are mentioned

Yeah, 'cause we're not bought out by Big Goose