Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Eating ice cream is like the most relatable thing I have seen a POTUS do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

StoryTime posted:

Eating ice cream is like the most relatable thing I have seen a POTUS do.

Both Obama and Biden were/are at their best when they just crash some greaseball dive or an Irish pub or an ice cream truck and get the most popular thing on the menu and just chow down like no one's watching.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Dijon mustard ice cream

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Songbearer posted:

Dijon mustard ice cream

Eaten while wearing a tan suit

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

I went to Dairy Queen tonight and got a Blizzard after my wife went to bed. I might be gay folks.

sneaking out in the middle of the night to meet up with a dude named Dairy Queen to get a "blizzard" does seem pretty gay not gonna lie

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dairy Queen? I thought America was a republic? Apparently not anymore, if Joe Biden has his way!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Joe Biden kneels before the Dairy Queen and is selling America out! So unpresidential! Sad!!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

MrMojok posted:

Wait just a goldanged minute.

Do you mean to tell me that Republicans are raping their own children

That's why there are billboards to remind them not to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Dairy Queen? I thought America was a republic? Apparently not anymore, if Joe Biden has his way!

I am from Canada, motherfucker, we are still under the sovereign authority of the Dairy Queen, though now we are ruled by her legal successor, the Dairy King.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Is that Seth Meyers?

He's not by himself :confused:

credburn fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 27, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

credburn posted:

Is that Seth Meyers?

He's by himself :confused:

Seth Meyers, the crew, the employees, the secret service, the other hundred or so people that follow the president everywhere... I'll give the tweet guy this though. It is supremely weird to be the only person in an ice cream shop with an ice cream giving an interview. It's a stupid thing to do for a publicity event and it doesn't speak well for the intelligence of people that see it as quaint instead of an incredibly cynical photo-op.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Yeah, that's Seth.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Seth Meyers, the crew, the employees, the secret service, the other hundred or so people that follow the president everywhere... I'll give the tweet guy this though. It is supremely weird to be the only person in an ice cream shop with an ice cream giving an interview. It's a stupid thing to do for a publicity event and it doesn't speak well for the intelligence of people that see it as quaint instead of an incredibly cynical photo-op.

seth meyers got an ice cream hope this resolves your weirdness with a photo op.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

goddamn

lol

CaptainZot
Aug 11, 2000
It’s for a new show segment, “Seth Goes Day Dairying with President Biden.”

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

nine-gear crow posted:

I am from Canada, motherfucker, we are still under the sovereign authority of the Dairy Queen, though now we are ruled by her legal successor, the Dairy King.

Having a Dairy Governor General means you ain't a real country

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Strong Sauce posted:

Seth Meyers ate ice cream merely to placate sleepy Joe Biden, like a dog

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sir, this is a Dairy Queen.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

:stonklol:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Strong Sauce posted:

Lol no that poo poo is loving strange. They do it here and in England too. They are obsessed with pictures of politicians eating something or going into a small shop with a giant media train behind them to order "common food item". As though there's something about seeing a person eat that makes them seem more normal despite the situation being anything but normal.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Can't believe the POTUS is eating the peasants food.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'd never vote for a candidate who hadn't proven at the Iowa state fair that they can throat a whole corn dog

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Stoatbringer posted:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Imagine the balls it takes to lie about something like this on live TV

I assume you are talking about speedballs

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meanwhile in Tucker news

oh so Tucker is like so utterly and completely compromised that even Ukraine was willing to spend money to get rid of him when they can't afford ammo for the frontlines

dang, thanks for the heads up, Charlie

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It has. Still worth the laugh

Best line: "Just move to Florida." *puzzled look*

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Ars Arcanum posted:

Don’t forget the crucial “made in his image” part.

Edit: Also, this thread sometimes moves way too quick to give PKMN Trainer Red and Pot Smoke Phoenix and a handful of other Photoshoppers appropriate love. You all have made much hilarity.

I havent been posting much because I havent felt well enough to be at my computer desk.

I want to also thank PKMN trainer red, Pot Smoke Phoenix and the other visually talented goons for giving me a little something to look forward to most days.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

The only time I could ever imagine anyone considering this guy a hero is maybe he is at a trap house smoking some rocks and he takes the most insane rip off the stem that is just so gigantic that everyone else in the room is impressed. One person says he is their new hero.

Other than that...naw...dude is a hero to no one, especially his kids.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Lol no that poo poo is loving strange. They do it here and in England too. They are obsessed with pictures of politicians eating something or going into a small shop with a giant media train behind them to order "common food item". As though there's something about seeing a person eat that makes them seem more normal despite the situation being anything but normal.

i mean it’s obviously fake when you see anyone enjoying British cuisine so i understand the cynicism but you have to understand that people sometimes like eating food and not just because they have to.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Reason number 856 why religious private schools should not get taxpayer funding

Where is this guy’s office? Might be near me.

But also: if men have so little self control that we have an irresistible compulsion to assault women when they wear shorts, how could any one of us possibly be entrusted with the leadership of, say, a church congregation?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He forgot the tears in their eyes part, failson :sad:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I know I’ve absolutely missed it but why the hell are pro-lifers against IVF? Is it because of embryos? Like embryos die in the womb all the time without rhyme or reason?

Why prevent a kid being born via IVF? That doesn’t seem very pro life?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

I know I’ve absolutely missed it but why the hell are pro-lifers against IVF? Is it because of embryos? Like embryos die in the womb all the time without rhyme or reason?

Because not all those embryos become babies they can ignore, thus it is a sin before god.

They are going to lose this debate and it probably will crush them for generations because Trump is pro-IVF

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yes they are saying that a fertilized embryo is literally a human baby and destroying one is literally murdering a child.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

teen witch posted:

But these are fertilized embryos, and if they admit those aren't humans, then the whole 'life begins at conception' argument falls apart.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

teen witch posted:

Coming for those next

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's even weirdered when there are no pictures of them eating or drinking then you find put they eat love a robot. See Zuckerberg.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's all seems like just basically a runaround to see what they can get away with in the name of the church while their wealthy masters buy another few moments of distracting from climate change, billionaire taxes, etc

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Because they are morons who have painted themselves into a corner by pushing fundie laws to punish the infidels without giving any consideration to the wider ramifications of their agenda beyond owning the libs. So now the true believer idiots have a blank cheque to go hog wild on any reproductive issue they can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

teen witch posted:

IVF creates a lot more embryos than strictly necessary because of the high failure rate along the way. They could do them one at a time, but then the procedure is way more likely to fail and/or the woman will be trying for years. Taken to its logical conclusion, if you believe any fertilized egg is a human, most of the mothers and doctors involved in IVF are mass murderers.