Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

When I first played… I think it was the first expansion for Half Life? They had much larger rooms and brought my fps down to 5 in the sewers

Doom 2 with 4 megabytes of RAM would go down to less than 1 fps (a frame every couple of seconds really) in the last map after it had spawned a bunch of monsters in the big open area. That's why I never finished the game (without using the no-clipping cheat) until visiting an uncle who happened to have the game and a better PC.

Eventually upgrading to 8 MB of RAM fixed it.

(Doom 1 was fine with 4 MB, and Doom 2 was entirely playable except for that last map)

Zat fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

While they’re patching Pentiment to address that 120fps thing, could they also patch in voice acting for all 100+ npcs in the game, please and thank you.

e: Hmm that’s a big ask, maybe just make everyone do (15th century) Banjo-Kazooie noises

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 27, 2024

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Voice acting sucks

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

External Organs posted:

Voice acting sucks

It won't if they'll have the Disco Elysium narrator do ALL the voices.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I only hear half of all voice acting because I skip to the next sentence when I'm done reading the current one.

At least voice acting is better than that dreadful typewriter dialogue style.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

e: Hmm that’s a big ask, maybe just make everyone do (15th century) Banjo-Kazooie noises

do it like Sid Meier’s Pirates where everybody just mumbles in a stereotypical accent

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1762185009954492824

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

webmeister posted:

My favourite move in Counter-Strike circa 2001 was to lob a smoke grenade into a room and start blasting while everyone else’s computer was stuck on 5fps trying to render the smoke

These days I used the low poly player models and my game looked almost like a Q3 tournament because I was rocking a GeForce 2 MX 32mb in early 2001 until I got a Geforce 3 Ti 200 later that year.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

ColdPie posted:

Final Fantasy 14 hit Xbox last week, though only for newly registered players until the full release in a month or two. There's a free trial that lets you go through all the content except the last couple expansions, I think. I've been playing it, plays great.
Cool, cant wait to play the FF7 Remake as well, or is that still a playstation exclusive? Microsoft can trade it for a couple call of duties and a port of Blinx The Time Sweeper.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

ColdPie posted:

Final Fantasy 14 hit Xbox last week, though only for newly registered players until the full release in a month or two. There's a free trial that lets you go through all the content except the last couple expansions, I think. I've been playing it, plays great.

Quite interested in the takes on this from XBox gamers who haven't played it before (I'm a keen fan of it on the PC and the PS5). Looking forward to many new people joining Eorzea.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Wandersong (Chicory guy) is on sale for $5. Hell yeah.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://x.com/iointeractive/status/1762481275460350185?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Based.

Also, the Dark Forces Remaster should be available in less than 24 hours. Aka the only game release that matters this week.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Ereban: Shadow Legacy, the 3D stealth-puzzle platformer first announced as a day 1 Game Pass title at the 2022 Xbox summer showcase, is apparently no longer coming to Game Pass at launch. Too bad, since the recent Steam demo was fairly promising.

https://twitter.com/BabyRobotGames/status/1761142368340770992

Going by their Twitter timeline, it seems like this might be a result of Raw Fury dropping the game as a publisher and not something on Microsoft's end, but we'll see if this becomes a pattern; so far, the only other case I recall of a game being officially announced, and then un-announced, as a day 1 Game Pass title is Victoria 3.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 4, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

do it like Sid Meier’s Pirates where everybody just mumbles in a stereotypical accent

God I love that game and it did so many things well. I need to dig it up on a system see how my kids like it. They love Roblox though so I don’t have high hopes.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

It's often on sale for like 3 bucks.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think I have it on like 3 systems already lol. But yeah would scoop it up on Xbox for that no doubt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It runs and looks great on Series X 🫡🫡

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It runs and looks great on Series X 🫡🫡

Many such cases!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

John F Bennett posted:

I only hear half of all voice acting because I skip to the next sentence when I'm done reading the current one.

I know that feeling. When Sea of Thieves added the Monkey Island dlc, every dialogue line was also voiced by great voice actors. But it took so long for them to finish every sentence that I mostly skipped half of every line.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Barry Convex posted:

Ereban: Shadow Legacy, the 3D stealth-puzzle platformer first announced as a day 1 Game Pass title at the 2022 Xbox summer showcase, is apparently no longer coming to Game Pass at launch. Too bad, since the recent Steam demo was fairly promising.

https://twitter.com/BabyRobotGames/status/1761142368340770992

Going by their Twitter timeline, it seems like this might be a result of [url]https://twitter.com/BabyRobotGames/status/1753106427076370928]Raw Fury dropping the game as a publisher[/url] and not something on Microsoft's end, but we'll see if this becomes a pattern; so far, the only other case I recall of a game being officially announced, and then un-announced, as a day 1 Game Pass title is Victoria 3.

Oh yeah I remember this, it looked neat.

Kind of got that "immortals of Aveum" title thing going on though. Ruh roh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My favourite voice acting is all the dwarves in Deep Rock Galactic. I’ve heard every line a thousand times and I still enjoy them. Just the disdain for the job and management, the love for Karl, etc.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I MADE A PLATFORM :buddy:

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Is there a list of games that offer native touch controls for cloud gaming? I played a good chunk of A Little to the Left yesterday but I couldn’t find anything else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

priznat posted:

My favourite voice acting is all the dwarves in Deep Rock Galactic. I’ve heard every line a thousand times and I still enjoy them. Just the disdain for the job and management, the love for Karl, etc.

I like all the voice acting except that weird line about "die like your mother" which is just bizarrely unpleasant compared to everything around it.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Stelio Kontos posted:

Is there a list of games that offer native touch controls for cloud gaming? I played a good chunk of A Little to the Left yesterday but I couldn’t find anything else.

You can filter in the app, "Optimized for Touch". Fewer games seem to offer it lately.

They finally added touch controls to the Xbox app, but 1) it needs to be installed on your console obviously, and 2) no 360/OG support.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
Did octopath traveler 2 ever get an Xbox release date? All I can find is early 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I like all the voice acting except that weird line about "die like your mother" which is just bizarrely unpleasant compared to everything around it.

Yeah that's like drat dude

Bitching about the mission control guy and how he has a cushy job is never not funny to me though

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I've figured they're just referring to bug queens or somesuch. Never found it being out of place.

DRG Survivors is a passable VS clone, if a little too by the numbers at this stage.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I am really enjoying Return to Grace on game pass.

It's a narrative adventure and walking sim. It's fun to explore and discover.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am playing the Resident Evil 4 remake after having played Resident Evil 4, all on the Microsoft Xbox Series X. What a console.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sandepande posted:

I've figured they're just referring to bug queens or somesuch. Never found it being out of place.

DRG Survivors is a passable VS clone, if a little too by the numbers at this stage.

Oh, I'm sure it does, it just stands out to me. (In fairness, my mother passed away recently so I am probably more sensitive to that than most.)

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I'm sure it does, it just stands out to me. (In fairness, my mother passed away recently so I am probably more sensitive to that than most.)

That can give it a bit of off-colour, certainly (my mother was an abusive alcoholic so good riddance).

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

My condolences.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am playing the Resident Evil 4 remake after having played Resident Evil 4, all on the Microsoft Xbox Series X. What a console.

Wake me up when it‘s on gp. Just finished re3make, lol at the gun in the final fight. Solid game but that „invincible dude follows you“ is kinda annoying at this point. Yeah yeah I know I already played re4 on gc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Both games are GOATed but I think the OG takes the edge slightly. It’s still crazy fun to play

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

John F Bennett posted:

I am really enjoying Return to Grace on game pass.

It's a narrative adventure and walking sim. It's fun to explore and discover.

Cool, that's one I'm going to check out.

I recently played Planet of Lana on game pass. It's a Limbo-like with gorgeous visuals and music. Took about 5 hours to finish.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Fanatic posted:

Cool, that's one I'm going to check out.

I recently played Planet of Lana on game pass. It's a Limbo-like with gorgeous visuals and music. Took about 5 hours to finish.

Yeah, Planet of Lana was great - cool little indie game. Perfect for Gamepass, something I never would've picked up otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

priznat posted:

God I love that game and it did so many things well. I need to dig it up on a system see how my kids like it. They love Roblox though so I don’t have high hopes.

Pirates! Gold back in the day was even better, and no one spoke at all!