Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I can't believe they wrote this and didn't realize how hosed up it is.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

:10bux: says she slips and falls.

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

There! Problem solved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Transmodiar posted:

The page with those strips is corrupted and I can only see the first two strips, but it establishes them on a riverboat party where Blanch pursues Willie. After Willie dances with Modesty, the action returns to the general's "Little Big Horn" plantation where Blanche enters Willie's room.

I was able to find a copy of that page from this website which contains most of the Modesty Blaise stories that were posted in prior iterations of this thread over the years.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

I think Gocomics is just a bit...scrambled around Jan 2020, because part 2 of yesterday's comic isn't next, but instead part one of Love in the Time of Flies. (and after that, part 2 of Love in the Time of Flies, again). I can't find part 2 of yesterday's comic on GC within the next month-ish of strips, so here it is on the author's site again. GC's archive is, at least, more consistent after this, so hopefully there will be no more posting disruptions.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I can't believe they wrote this and didn't realize how hosed up it is.

How the gently caress is this still going?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

amigolupus posted:

How the gently caress is this still going?

We're in the Mary Worth Victory Lap portion of the story, it's pretty normal for this strip. Remember the, what, two month victory lap after the dog fighting story?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Something's been bugging me about this art style for a while now and I finally figured it out.

- The heads are too big. Look at Heloise's head compared the rest of her body. Her waist is about half of her head's thickness. And the boy-Phantom's head is drat near as big as his torso.

- The expressions in those close ups aren't quite right. Like that isn't "I'm telling a cool story, mom" smile. That's "I enjoy pulling the legs off insects, mom" smile.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 26, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Dec. 17, 1961)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

I think Gocomics is just a bit...scrambled around Jan 2020, because part 2 of yesterday's comic isn't next, but instead part one of Love in the Time of Flies. (and after that, part 2 of Love in the Time of Flies, again). I can't find part 2 of yesterday's comic on GC within the next month-ish of strips, so here it is on the author's site again. GC's archive is, at least, more consistent after this, so hopefully there will be no more posting disruptions.

Man, this kid's Mum kicked so much rear end. And as much as I dislike the priest, I wouldn't mind having a yelling hat.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Given the way she's tied... looks like Heloise is about to smack the back of her head into the cliff.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/26/04

Brenda Starr 9/18-20/52

"Heh, heh. Ain't I a stinker?"

Smokey Stover 1/10/60

Everyday Movies 4/14/37

"This gentleman is hard of hearing, so show him the room next to that loud-mouth in B-4."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/18-20/43

More like Countess Bazoomba de Chesto, amirite?

Closer Than We Think! 1/10/60

So instead of driving down the runway, you get spun around and flung into the air like being launched off a merry-go-round?

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(2/18/1994)

(2/19/1994)

Ziggy

(9/19/1971)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is... is she driving around while invisible? :stare:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 1/10/60

So instead of driving down the runway, you get spun around and flung into the air like being launched off a merry-go-round?

So, what about landing? Are we keeping the runways for that?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nope. big nets

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Comic Strips 2024: Do you need your "yelling hat", sir?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PainterofCrap posted:

Close enough! NASCAR uses a modified helicopter engine mounted on a pickup truck to dry the raceway pavement,

https://www.phillyvoice.com/i95-northeast-philly-reopening-nascar-jet-dryer/
And in 2012 at the Daytona 500 Juan Pablo Montoya was trying to catch up to the field under caution, spun out, and hit one of the jet dryers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYxxh6C_jw

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Forum accident posted:

Ziggy

(9/19/1971)

Your presentation of present and past Ziggys has born unexpected fruit.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, April 23-26, 1984

Neat! I wasn't expecting Satan to show up!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth looks like it frosted over just a bit.

Skippy (February 6, 1936)

Peanuts (March 1, 1977)

Welcome back to "OH gently caress YOU" Week in Crankshaft.

Rip Haywire: Ka-FUGITIVE!

Li'l Abner (December 12-14, 1935)

Thimble Theater (October 1, 1940)

Out Our Way (February 7-9, 1944)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

tombat log the gently caress off

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Crankshaft and Mary Worth slugging it out for Worst of the Worst this week. I guess Batiuk takes it because it's a self-congratulatory victory lap after a lifetime of mediocrity, but this MW storyline has been so bad and so long that it's putting up a valiant fight.

Cul de Sac

Alice's righteous anger is delightful.

FoxTrot Classix

Rose is Rose

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The congratulatory Boomer masturbation is pretty obnoxious, but not reading the room about that piece of poo poo in MW, I think, is far worse. Batiuk is annoying but comparatively harmless.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
What happened to Vice in the past few weeks gave a number of people an excuse to revisit horror stories about digital info sources falling victim to the history eraser button, so I'm not eyerolling nearly as hard as I would normally be for TomBat's dead-tree media wankfest (because "Internet is forever" my rear end) but it still earns an OH gently caress YOU solely on execution.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

*Evacueaten

STOP YELLiNG AT ME ZiGGY!!

"Our weird fucken mouths are a problem the colourist could not find a great solution to."
"Woof, woof!"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Sure Just Give Birth In Public Like That, That's Fine, That's Not. Deeply loving Weird. Also Whatever Fine It's Shark Week At Least It's A Break From Rabbit Haus.

One Of The More Obtuse Catholic Heresies

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

If there are zero things I know about D&D, it's that rolling 1 on a D20 is a "critical hit."

But I know at least one thing, and that is that Holbrook doesn't do marginal research.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 27, 2024

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:sickos:

Azura just oozes presence, it's amazing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hostile V posted:

One Of The More Obtuse Catholic Heresies

What's the actual name of this comic?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

MockingQuantum posted:

What's the actual name of this comic?
The Argyle Sweater.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Gallows Bird

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Wandering Culinarian

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

This is way outside of the scope of this thread but

which American Splendor book should I get for my friend?

Just wanted to state for the record that if anybody wanted to start posting American Splendor in this thread I would not object and would probably encourage you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (August 2-4, 2005)