Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Arquinsiel posted:

They don't really give a gently caress about costumes in HS at all it seems. For May the 4th you will probably be overlapping with the organised lightsaber meetups so people will be breaking the rules and showing up in full armour, so as long as you carry your helmet when not posing for photos you'll be fine.

This is indeed the case, unless they arbitrarily decide to change the enforcement (unlikely, because it would cause a loving riot and nobody has done anything stupid… yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Bear in mind this very much does *not* apply to DLR, where they will not even let your rear end in the park if they think you are in some kind of costume.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Silly Burrito posted:

If you have iOS, try this shortcut. It’ll ask you for your photo and automatically upload it and copy the Imgur BBcode to your clipboard. Just paste and go.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/07351527be5b4d648a87181668f6b33f

If for some reason it doesn’t work, log into Imgur through Safari.

Well heck, that’s a good way. Apparently my photo size is too big, but I’ll just have to remember to actually look at SA on the computer.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

Anya posted:

I can never remember how to upload pics on this thing from my phone, but I finally saw the balloon ladies in January, during marathon

Some people deliberately start at the back of the race in order to run with the Ballon Ladies. I guess if you're going to be slow, why not have a little fun with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sCF72bClRI&t=2276s

It's not a role I'd want. They have to hit their 16-minute-per-mile pace exactly and consistently across the entire run. That can be troublesome in those parts of the run where the course gets really narrow and there's a good number of participants grouping up and walking slowly that they need to call out that they're trying to get through.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
There’s a guy I follow on IG (who ended up being my inspo for doing the full this year) who worked his speed up enough to get A corral. He usually goes hard to the first park and then does rides / gets food etc etc and focuses on finishing at the dead end. I think he ended up at McDonalds during this year’s marathon!

I realized during one of his recap videos for the full this year that he was literally behind me as I finished because I could hear the announcers commentating on his outfit in the background of my finish video.

That’s my goal; I want to be just a little faster overall so I can do Expedition Everest during the full. I thought about it this year but I don’t think I would have made it without getting swept.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The rides are open during the race? How's that work?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CapnAndy posted:

The rides are open during the race? How's that work?

They have some spots marked off like they do for parades for the runners (who enter and leave through side entrances). Most races happen early enough that the parks aren't open, but the full goes into the afternoon so they're full swing by the time the end of the pack runners hit them.

The coolest part of the full was running through the old backlot tour tunnel they had turned into a rave with a dj, smoke machines, etc.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't know if anyone in the Pittsburgh area wants this, but I have a promo code for 40% off up to 4 tickets at Kennywood. They sent me a promo code for my birthday, but I don't need it because I have season passes. PM if you're interested.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

Anya posted:

That’s my goal; I want to be just a little faster overall so I can do Expedition Everest during the full.

I enjoy seeing Strava recaps from full-marathon runners that include their Everest ride as it's nearly a mile long itself.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

SimplyCosmic posted:

I enjoy seeing Strava recaps from full-marathon runners that include their Everest ride as it's nearly a mile long itself.

Truly, it’s the only reason to try to run (or in my case walk a lot of) 26.2.

Magic Kingdom is always before park open and the Epcot first leg as well - but the lights are on and the cast are out shouting for you and characters are there, and nothing beats running down Main Street to a thousand people who are there for only cheering on their family and friends.

Animal Kingdom is at mile 14/15 so you’ll get there to ride rides if you’re not amazingly fast but reasonably moving along. Hollywood Studios was just a tiny leg this year but you could have done TOT or RNR if it all went well wait time wise (or if the CMs scooted you into the LL). Epcot you could probably do Spaceship Earth or Mission Space (but whyyyyy) but I just want to grab some drinks in World Showcase while people scream for me.

Really honestly, it’s the crowds of strangers yelling for you to keep going. It’s the best feeling and I cried so much those last three miles because it meant so much (even though I was just a rando to them).

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know if anyone in the Pittsburgh area wants this, but I have a promo code for 40% off up to 4 tickets at Kennywood. They sent me a promo code for my birthday, but I don't need it because I have season passes. PM if you're interested.

We have season passes but I appreciate the Kennywood love.

Also shoutout to Silly Burrito because that iOS shortcut is killer.

Jack Bandit fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 3, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Kennywood is a bucket list park for me, I just haven't figured out an opportunity yet.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Coasterphreak posted:

Kennywood is a bucket list park for me, I just haven't figured out an opportunity yet.

It's worth it. Next time I'm near it, I need to go. I emailed them about service dog info and they were very fast to provide it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

h*ll yeah

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1765040267264958518

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
the only good things about Star Wars these days are Star Tours and Rise, so I'm always pro more Star Tours

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
How long do they typically always run the new scenes before it goes back into the random rotation?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sivart13 posted:

the only good things about Star Wars these days are Star Tours and Rise, so I'm always pro more Star Tours

:rolleyes:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Also galaxys edge and i guess Andor and some of them movies, oh i forgot some of the comics are pretty good

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
All of Star Wars sucks except the parts that are good.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

CapnAndy posted:

All of Star Wars sucks except the parts that are good.

This is the way.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I like that they've been able to keep Star Tours fresh. It's weird to think about now that for two decades it only ran the original film. Star Tours is also still the better Star Wars simulator in the park.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Star Tours is mid. I don't get the love for it. Falcon isn't a great ride but the theming is absolutely goated and id be more than happy to wait in that line just to hang around that cockpit for 10 mins and flip buttons .

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Have two inept and panicked pilots makes it so much better

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s fun to ride but not the best. It’s still feels more authentic than Star tours does.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Star Tours is mid. I don't get the love for it

this is a post of someone who has never been the rebel spy

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What happens when someone is the spy?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I can't believe I'm the one person in these discussions who defends Galaxy's StarcruisEdge being not based on the Original Trilogy, but people will defend the Disney+ era of Star Wars moving pictures.

Rogue One was kinda good, the sequel trilogy is ultimately a springboard for products and experiences, but ultimately Disney's non-trilogy specific addendums to the canon are this aggressive attempt to franchise a property that didn't need it. I don't actually care about the old EU at all but I will credit that it mostly stayed out of my face and I was never forced to do any research about it. There was a hell of a lot of extra nerdy bonus chapters to Star Wars if you really wanted to think about that universe constantly; whereas Disney is desperately wanting you to keep thinking about it, by trying to create an MCU sort of thing out of a story that to many people was over and done.

I assume Avatar doesn't suffer these problems because Jim Cameron has the strength of Job and also produces a billion dollars for the studio if you just let him cook.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 6, 2024

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

hadji murad posted:

What happens when someone is the spy?

You're allowed to buy a commemorative t-shirt.

I think they discontinued the t-shirt.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That would’ve been awesome. We’ll see next week. Back to TDL.

They are shutting down Space Mountain for 3 years. Hope the kids are up for it!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I do not love either of the GE rides, but I will ride Star Tours at least twice each visit.

I got to be the rebel spy in Tokyo. :cool:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

My youngest kid absolutely loves Star Tours, so I go on it, but it can give me bad motion sickness. I do enjoy it though, when I’m not trying to keep my insides on the inside. Smugglers Run doesn’t give me any problems for some reason.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Nanigans posted:

I do not love either of the GE rides, but I will ride Star Tours at least twice each visit.

I got to be the rebel spy in Tokyo. :cool:

We did it twice on our last visit and it made the kids into huge Star Wars fans. I’m really glad it had such an impact on them. They can enjoy it without all the nitpicky bullshit that I have. But it’s really decreased because they are so into it, it makes me learn more to explain to them.

Or maybe I had a head injury on one of the rides.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Craptacular! posted:

I can't believe I'm the one person in these discussions who defends Galaxy's StarcruisEdge being not based on the Original Trilogy, but people will defend the Disney+ era of Star Wars moving pictures.

Though I think it should have been the OT or at least OT and PT, I think Galaxy's Edge is great. I prefer it to the Potter lands because of its massive scope. It just feels real, whereas Hogsmeade is a little sliver of land and Diagon Alley, though also really well themed, feels more like an amazingly themed food court. I also contend that Rise is the best modern dark ride out there right now, even though some of its best effects have been disabled or are inconsistent.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

this seat at Ronto Roasters is the best place in the parks to sit and have a coffee and breakfast

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Good veg food too

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Though I think it should have been the OT or at least OT and PT, I think Galaxy's Edge is great. I prefer it to the Potter lands because of its massive scope. It just feels real, whereas Hogsmeade is a little sliver of land and Diagon Alley, though also really well themed, feels more like an amazingly themed food court. I also contend that Rise is the best modern dark ride out there right now, even though some of its best effects have been disabled or are inconsistent.

I have nothing against the concept, I just think it doesn't belong at Disneyland.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I have no real Star Wars obsession but I enjoy that marketplace area between Ronto and Docking Bay and I agree, it’s a great place to chill and people watch.

I think it’s more fun to kill time there than Avengers Campus, which is so bland to me.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

alg posted:

this seat at Ronto Roasters is the best place in the parks to sit and have a coffee and breakfast

This is correct and also the black caf cold brew is the second best coffee drink in all of Disney.

First best is tipsy ducks in love from Joy of Tea.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Anya posted:

I have no real Star Wars obsession but I enjoy that marketplace area between Ronto and Docking Bay and I agree, it’s a great place to chill and people watch.

I think it’s more fun to kill time there than Avengers Campus, which is so bland to me.

Avengers Campus is like DCA 1.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Craptacular! posted:

I have nothing against the concept, I just think it doesn't belong at Disneyland.

Agreed - I think the castle parks should not have single-IP lands.