Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It should be said that the guy tweeting is a former NFL QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1762160081213218993?s=20
Views:
The ghost of Billy 5-Aces still haunts 1 Patriot Way.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

if you could have your contract voided for conduct detrimental to the team for yelling at a coach the player's union would not be very happy

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Declan MacManus posted:

if you could have your contract voided for conduct detrimental to the team for yelling at a coach the player's union would not be very happy

You'd think his first season in Denver would have counted as conduct detrimental to the team.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1762160081213218993?s=20
Views:
The ghost of Billy 5-Aces still haunts 1 Patriot Way.

Jayden would look great in Vikings purple and he could throw to another LSU legend.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Russ knows the world isn't ready to see him get spicy at Payton.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1762504734915641503

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/mattschneidman/status/1762514457681387652?s=20

Bidding starts at a 3rd Round Pick. Thank you.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

there isn't a qb in this draft i would give up three firsts + other assets for

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Honestly outside of like Pat mahomes or maybe Joe burrow I wouldn’t do that for anybody, your roster is totally hosed unless you have an allstar roster already and just need a quarterback. That’s ridiculous

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Honestly outside of like Pat mahomes or maybe Joe burrow I wouldn’t do that for anybody, your roster is totally hosed unless you have an allstar roster already and just need a quarterback. That’s ridiculous
No see it worked out fine for the 9ers to send away three firsts for Trey Lance, and he didnt even work out!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“That’s right, Russ called him a poop mouth”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Declan MacManus posted:

there isn't a qb in this draft i would give up three firsts + other assets for

100% would do it for Caleb.

If we use the Vikings as an example it’s this year’s first round pick, then a high teen/low twenty, then a low twenty.

For that price you now have a blue qb prospect for 15 years. Does he bust? Maybe!

But we know that without an elite qb, you have to build an elite supporting roster, have an elite coaching staff, and get lucky.

Three firsts is a big cost obviously but a team without an elite qb probably isn’t winning anyway.

E: well I suppose it depends on how we define “other assets”

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Like 3 additional firsts, or counting Minnesota's pick (#11 I think) + 2 future 1sts?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

100% would do it for Caleb.

If we use the Vikings as an example it’s this year’s first round pick, then a high teen/low twenty, then a low twenty.

For that price you now have a blue qb prospect for 15 years. Does he bust? Maybe!

But we know that without an elite qb, you have to build an elite supporting roster, have an elite coaching staff, and get lucky.

Three firsts is a big cost obviously but a team without an elite qb probably isn’t winning anyway.

E: well I suppose it depends on how we define “other assets”

Yeah but they aren't getting Caleb at 3, they are getting Daniels or maybe Maye. And if Maye falls to 3 the Pats should probably call off the deal anyway cause he looks awesome.

Personally I would like the Pats to take a QB because who knows when you'll be picking this high again probably next year lol. But if they can get some mustache twirling robber baron haul you have to think about it. The problems then become 1) if you go back to 11 you are almost certainly out of range of any of the top WRs which they need almost as badly as a QB. So do you immediately trade right back up to like 6 to get Nabers or Odunze? Maybe by then they'll have paid Mike Evans or Pittman $infinity and there will be less desperation to draft a top receiver. And 2) what the gently caress do they do at QB? I will be so pissed if Mac or Zappe is out there week 1. Draft a lower tier QB and pray? Give 35 year old Cousins coming off an achillies injury a bag?

Gully Foyle posted:

Like 3 additional firsts, or counting Minnesota's pick (#11 I think) + 2 future 1sts?

Vikings only have one first (11) so yeah I'm assuming the rest are future picks

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1762538253863764319?s=20

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I can’t wait to chortle heartily at a team selling the farm to draft Drake Maye

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

loving nerd with all his numbers

yeah it should've changed when they extended the season he's right

feller
Jul 5, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

No see it worked out fine for the 9ers to send away three firsts for Trey Lance, and he didnt even work out!

Imagine if they had used those on the right side of the oline or on a cb2 or decent backup lb :(

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens chat

https://x.com/sgellison/status/1762528787705524408?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1762590048879366187

CBs are the new RBs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seems weird that no one wants to pay some of these guys when bad ones are such a liability.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BlindSite posted:

Seems weird that no one wants to pay some of these guys when bad ones are such a liability.

Second contract CBs have been pretty rough though. It's a young man's position.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah good point too.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

loving nerd with all his numbers

yeah it should've changed when they extended the season he's right

It needs to be at Week 10 or 11. Emphasis on Week 11 if we move to 18 weeks of Football.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Second contract CBs have been pretty rough though. It's a young man's position.

Yeah it’s probably this.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I feel like the drop off with CBs is more with third contracts rather than second contracts

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Chiefs also have McDuffie who can be a #1, so that probably factors into things. Their main priority should be Chris Jones obviously. I don't think they'll give Sneed away so easily, though. The Chiefs are in easy-mode for the off season with a QB that has a massive deal that can be restructured any time they need and the ability to fill multiple positions with competent ring-chasing vets on below-market deals. There's almost no way they'll get worse in the off-season. Even if they can't keep Sneed, they'll be able to sign a decent WR or two and the offense will go back to carrying more weight.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Blind Pineapple posted:

Chiefs also have McDuffie who can be a #1, so that probably factors into things. Their main priority should be Chris Jones obviously. I don't think they'll give Sneed away so easily, though. The Chiefs are in easy-mode for the off season with a QB that has a massive deal that can be restructured any time they need and the ability to fill multiple positions with competent ring-chasing vets on below-market deals. There's almost no way they'll get worse in the off-season. Even if they can't keep Sneed, they'll be able to sign a decent WR or two and the offense will go back to carrying more weight.

Chiefs just need to sign a WR or two then go to the draft for another one, then they'll be right back to contention. My thinking is if they trade Sneed, the picks from his trade become more weapons for Mahomie.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Chiefs just need to sign a WR or two then go to the draft for another one, then they'll be right back to contention. My thinking is if they trade Sneed, the picks from his trade become more weapons for Mahomie.

Yeah...

Chiefs need to...

Get back...

To contention.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/CrispyCarlton/status/1762508420135911882

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Hizawk posted:

Yeah...

Chiefs need to...

Get back...

To contention.

Hey man, show some respect to that fringe playoff team that clawed their way through the postseason against all odds to finally win The Big Game when everyone disrespected and doubted them all year. It's not like they were defending champs or anything.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Black Sunshine posted:

Hey man, show some respect to that fringe playoff team that clawed their way through the postseason against all odds to finally win The Big Game when everyone disrespected and doubted them all year. It's not like they were defending champs or anything.

They became the New New England Patriots really quick, huh

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Gonna be wild when the Chiefs dynasty is revealed to actually be carried by Steve Spagnulo's defense.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Android Apocalypse posted:

Gonna be wild when the Chiefs dynasty is revealed to actually be carried by Steve Spagnulo's defense.
AlwaysHasBeen.gif

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Anthony_Russo97/status/1762560029205332300

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

sean10mm posted:

They became the New New England Patriots really quick, huh

They're much worse because at least the Pats had Billy 5 Aces being a spiteful dick about everything and the Pats as a whole just leaning into the villain role.

The Chiefs are bad villains because they have a likeable head coach in Reid and a goofy Kermit the frog motherfucker at QB

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The chiefs aren't villains they are scrappy underdogs people keep counting out. Truly inspirational

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1762856020617957476?s=46&t=BSzhFErQ6N9N1FAHwRiTEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
MVS, what a king. What a playoff hero. One of my favorites.