Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Show us one election since the Dobbs ruling that lines up with these polls. :lol:

Meanwhile, I literally just watched a random YouTube Short where the punchline was, “Gen Z thinks phone calls are disgusting.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Naked Gun 33 1/3 already did Geriatric Park spoof

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I think the problem with this is that Trump has already branched off and shouldn't be considered part of the direct Homo Sapiens Sapiens lineage. He's his own species now: Tromo Centaurus. Like how Neanderthals are differentiated from modern humans by brow ridges and other skeletal differences, Tromo Centaurus has a distinct centaur-like lean and a prominent "nussy".

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Big Mac posted:

I immediately presumed this was PKMN Trainer Red

How quickly people forget this is all I did in the previous thread too :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Death of polling, that's all bullshit and doesn't stand up to any version of reality

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Grey Cat posted:

I just want to say I appreciate your shops as well. I REMEMBER

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Grey Cat posted:

I haven’t forgotten. I remember Grey Cat, and Sailor

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The wierd part is absolutely nothing in reality reflects the election trends at all

This is loving wierd

It's gotta be people loving with the poll calls

Suddenly there was that big of a shift to "Donald Trump did nothing wrong?"

My brain hurts

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Are there any elections to watch before November that would provide further data?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

The wierd part is absolutely nothing in reality reflects the election trends at all

This is loving wierd

It's gotta be people loving with the poll calls

Suddenly there was that big of a shift to "Donald Trump did nothing wrong?"

My brain hurts

It's literally that the sample is skewed by "people who answer phone calls from an unknown number."

One second they're answering a political poll, the next second they're giving someone their online banking password to "secure their account from fraud."

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Catastrophe posted:

Oh no.

Well, we're screwed then.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
In my experience, sample size of 1 and all that, conservatives can't wait to tell you all about their politics and how TUMP is going to make everything better! MAGA!!

Normal people just shut up and mind their own business.

My guess is the polling reflects that.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Captain Fargle posted:

Are there any elections to watch before November that would provide further data?

Special elections like the recent one for George Santos's seat.

The next few are for House Republicans who quit in Red districts, like Kevin McCarthy. Don't expect a Dem to win there, but we have been seeing 25-point swings toward the Dem in some of those kind of races (not enough to win). If that kind of poo poo holds, then MI and PA are safe, and Ohio is in play.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

MrMojok posted:

I haven’t forgotten. I remember Grey Cat, and Sailor

Strong Sauce posted:

I just want to say I appreciate your shops as well. I REMEMBER

Posting the classics in honor and solemn remembrance.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/989813047773614080

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

i cannot explain how I forgot that, other than saying that I was googling GCN to find that article

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Special elections like the recent one for George Santos's seat.

The next few are for House Republicans who quit in Red districts, like Kevin McCarthy. Don't expect a Dem to win there, but we have been seeing 25-point swings toward the Dem in some of those kind of races (not enough to win). If that kind of poo poo holds, then MI and PA are safe, and Ohio is in play.

How many of these are there and when do they happen?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Big Mac posted:

i cannot explain how I forgot that, other than saying that I was googling GCN to find that article

Lol, I'll take it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Apraxin posted:

harvard harris polls are known for being wonky and generally getting some strange results, but they're not the only ones seemingly picking up on these general trends
https://twitter.com/admcrlsn/status/1762483996963872958
electoral harbinger? statistical noise 8 months out? death of polling? take your pick, we have no way of knowing right now :shrug:
This is really quite strange although it may be that a bunch of people love Trump but would also vote in a D congress, which is potentially a hilarious option.

Have any indicators or polls matched the actual outcomes very well? Or do people just love Donald the peace loving messiah in his own right

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Captain Fargle posted:

How many of these are there and when do they happen?

From ballotpedia via google:

The following special elections are upcoming:

New York's 26th Congressional District on April 30, 2024.
California's 20th Congressional District on May 21, 2024.
Ohio's 6th Congressional District on June 11, 2024.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Donald trump stands like an anime running person.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Hobo Clown posted:

Lol remember when Loomer posted about liberals slashing her tires and everyone correctly pointed out that they were just lovely old tires that went flat on their own

No, don't you remember she furnished a receipt from the mechanic where the technician positively identified that the slash marks were from a knife? Suck it libs :smug:

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I get all the news I need from spam texts.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nessus posted:

This is really quite strange although it may be that a bunch of people love Trump but would also vote in a D congress, which is potentially a hilarious option.

Have any indicators or polls matched the actual outcomes very well? Or do people just love Donald the peace loving messiah in his own right

He's like universally hated by like every metric besides rural whites until what, a month ago?

He also has underperformed by 7-8 points in polls in R Primaries

This poo poo has to be no one answers phones but loving degenerate wierdos

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

This wasn't a phone survey please stop saying it was a phone survey.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Don’t put in the paper that I use my phone.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Guys I decided to revisit the Laura loomer tire incident and it was funnier than I remembered.

Pro click:
https://www.boredpanda.com/fake-slashed-tire-tweet-laura-loomer/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

With tears in my eyes, I'm saying it's beautiful

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

has any other country ever had a president that was in jail or will we be the first?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

put it in the papers that it was a phone survey

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

big nipples big life posted:

has any other country ever had a president that was in jail or will we be the first?

Pakistan just sentenced their previous Prime Minister and his wife to like a decade in prison

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

joe biden will not go to prison

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

What was it, online?

Have online surveys ever been good? There’s always been a self-selection bias problem with those.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nelson Mandela?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Nooner posted:

Nelson Mandela?

Also Mahatma Gandhi.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Catastrophe posted:

Oh no.

Well, we're screwed then.

He's a real life Gideon from Gravity Falls.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

What was it, online?

Have online surveys ever been good? There’s always been a self-selection bias problem with those.

It was online, yes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Shut down shut down.. you busted.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

this is very common, really. I don't know any statistics but I bet, globally, executive-level politicians are one of the most frequently-imprisoned populations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heads_of_government_who_were_later_imprisoned

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Judge McAfee back in session in Atlanta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
With all this talk of IVF banning, what's next? Pain medication or cancer treatment? They're already a shoe-in with antivaxing. Why not just outright ban anything that we've created since Jesus? Is that not what God intended? Pain and suffering for all! Break a bone? Sorry, no fixing that or providing pain relief, it's not in Gods plan.

How regressive can these lunatics get? I know this is sarcasm but seriously, they're not really indicating that there's an end in sight for turning this county into a vague representation of their vision of the Bible.