Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Xiahou Dun posted:

I envy the quality of your social circle. I promise you that 5 minutes with my brother in law would have you yearning for Jordan.

i've worked at home by myself for 15 years and I don't really actually interact with that many people :shobon:

I'm back in school now though and luckily like almost everyone there which is kind of insane for law school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Morter posted:

I don't know if it's a 'fat' thing or a cadence thing but the way he blubbers his 'B's infuriates me, especially back in the day, when he had that lovely concern-troll lilt to his delivery.

I am a firm believer that it was 100% intentional on his part, of him trying to mimic Rush Limbaugh. It is so much more prominent back then compared to modern day, despite the fact that he is undeniably in worse shape now than he ever was.

And yeah, it drives me crazy too.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Morter posted:

I just view Jordan as Dan's vice or support partner. I imagine there's a vicarious outlet via Jordan for Dan.

I don't mind Jordan because, while he is annoying, he's also the voice of reality most of the time. Just... the shocked "What the gently caress?"s giving voice to what we're thinking when Dan calmly and clinically explains a clip and the actual context behind what Alex is spewing.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Jordan's babbling is him trying to think out loud, and I kind of let my mind wander when he's doing it. However, I kind of need him to scream and shout and groan over clips. Otherwise, the show would just be listening to right-wing conspiracy bullshit and would be unlistenable to me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
It's like a laugh track but just with screaming

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Morter posted:

It's like a laugh track but just with screaming
Basically my interior monologue

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Generic American posted:

I am a firm believer that it was 100% intentional on his part, of him trying to mimic Rush Limbaugh. It is so much more prominent back then compared to modern day, despite the fact that he is undeniably in worse shape now than he ever was.

And yeah, it drives me crazy too.

Oh t's intentional. I grew up with a Republican dad so I have listened to a lot of Rush Limbaugh. Alex on the old shows is doing a straight up impression of him. There's no mistaking it.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I think the only real thing that gets me about Jordan's interjections are the moments where it throws Dan off -- where Dan then has to stop to talk him down from whatever edgy, oversimplified diatribe he's led himself down, or to stop him from saying something incendiary he doesn't really mean. There's an animal appeal to him being our Anger Translator(tm), sure, but when he tries to follow it up with an attempted understanding of the issues they're talking about, a lot of times Dan has to 'no, but' him in response. That's where some of the discomfort comes in for me.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Instead of yelling, Jordan should make a withering comparison to a long-forgotten subplot in a Metal Gear Solid game like they do on Chapo.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I feel like the Odd man out for not finding Jordan annoying.

Anyway, was anyone able to find the Baja Boys music? I came up with nothing.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

I feel like the Odd man out for not finding Jordan annoying.

Anyway, was anyone able to find the Baja Boys music? I came up with nothing.

I think Jordan is fine too. I couldn't imagine listening to a podcast where I had to skip through half of the show because someone is on it I don't like. I would simply not listen to that podcast

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Wow today’s ep feels like a whole hour-long bit talking about how Alex will turn on Elon when that basically happened already on Monday.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

0konner posted:

Wow today’s ep feels like a whole hour-long bit talking about how Alex will turn on Elon when that basically happened already on Monday.
Wait, really?

That was fast

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Froghammer posted:

Wait, really?

That was fast

Literally the headline of the Monday jones show is “investigation confirms Elon Musk’s X is censoring infowars in many ways!” Cause his video of the Sunday ep before that got flagged in some way. Admittedly Alex as the show went on mostly talked himself down from the ledge, with chase geyser’s help, of going full anti-Elon. They landed mostly on the idea this was some deep state stay-behind operatives at Twitter doing censorship behind Elon’s back. But Alex was still talking some poo poo like “well musk needs to come on and either tell us he’s fixing this or explain why he’s doing it”.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Elon needs to go on the infowars show to explain himself or else he will face the following consequences:

Hey where’d my consequences go

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

rotinaj posted:

Elon needs to go on the infowars show to explain himself or else he will face the following consequences:

Hey where’d my consequences go

The real musk is safe but ditman is gonna get the business next time he calls in I expect.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Being Alex Jones' personal punching bag must at least come with a decent dental plan.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm just halfway through the David Icke episode now, and listening to Icke call Alex essentially a boot-licking toady to Elon and seeing posts here about Alex trying to call Elon out are pretty lol-worthy.

I'm guessing he avoids specifically blaming Elon and blaming other people at Twitter?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

Being Alex Jones' personal punching bag must at least come with a decent dental plan.

Probably not anymore, considering the very old and very unvaxxed David Jones was graciously gifted the roni multiple times in a row.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Morroque posted:

Probably not anymore, considering the very old and very unvaxxed David Jones was graciously gifted the roni multiple times in a row.

I'm hoping the dentist has good teeth at least.

He's the smartest boy in Texas!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Morroque posted:

Has anyone actually tested that toothpaste Alex sells? I'm honestly curious if it actually does ANY type of cleaning the teeth, or if it works about as well as brushing your teeth with mayo would be (please don't tell me mayo is actually really good for keeping your teeth clean).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Randalor posted:

Has anyone actually tested that toothpaste Alex sells? I'm honestly curious if it actually does ANY type of cleaning the teeth, or if it works about as well as brushing your teeth with mayo would be (please don't tell me mayo is actually really good for keeping your teeth clean).

How much do you know about colloidal silver

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

rotinaj posted:

How much do you know about colloidal silver

... that it's naturally formed in Smurfs and was a key ingredient in Gargamel's potion?

Is it literally just "colloidal silver cream"?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Randalor posted:

... that it's naturally formed in Smurfs and was a key ingredient in Gargamel's potion?

Is it literally just "colloidal silver cream"?

I am seeing conflicting things in googling about it, but the one that is being sold on Amazon has tea tree oil, iodine, and peppermint oil as the main ingredients that will actually do anything

Those three are fine topical disinfectants in the all natural category but do not have any anti cavity or long lasting effects, they basically will need to be a super high dose to have any real effect immediately

And there are colloidal silver and no silver versions of it, which means exactly what you think it does, the silver one is actively bad for you if you ingest it but dupes on the internet think it is a great thing

Also every review makes it clear that there is a super weird taste to it that you will need to get used to

Shockingly, I would not go with an Alex jones product

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So there are some actual "cleaning" components to it (as opposed to poo poo that will actually help protect your teeth long-term, like flouride)? I'm honestly surprised by that, I wouldn't have expected him to put anything other than... I unno, dollar store drywall paste into the bottles.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
It’s a loaded yes

While it is a product that can be sold on a store shelf and isn’t actively harmful to you like I suspect Alex’s brain force or other supplements, that only goes so far

The world of extracts and oils is loaded with substitutions, dilutions, and mislabeling, I would not trust that the quality of the teatree and peppermint oils are super high, and as folks noticed in the early days of the Soylent product, before it actually dealt with quality control, it is super easy to wind up with unintended consequences

That all said, Alex probably went to some well meaning hippy small business making a perfectly fine, if generally unremarkable all natural toothpaste and asked them to rebadge the box and tube with his poo poo, maybe even going so far as to ask them to make a silver version

Like with all natural deodorant or shampoo, taking out the complicated chemicals that have mixed health results but do a specific thing, like aluminum in deodorant keeping your sweating down, or the fluoride in toothpaste keeping your teeth clean over time, or the sulfates in shampoo that make it foamy means you can either compensate for that with some all natural additive that will jack the cost up, not worry about it, or ignore it. All natural deodorant sometimes means it wears off too soon, and in this case, while it might get your teeth clean, I hope your flossing and mouthwash routine is on point because it won’t have any real duration

All that rambling is only from a chemist, not from a toothpaste industry veteran or a user of Alex’s products, so I might be totally wrong about some of this

The real fun is in the supplements Alex sells, which are a basically unregulated industry

That is where you might get drywall paste and floor spices

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Speaking of colloidal silver, I massively recommend the documentary Love Has Won.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Morroque posted:

Allow me to offer one possible thing against that interpretation.

On one of the KF episodes not immediately after the Connecticut trial but around there, Alex does an unfortunate flow-of-the-conversation admission with a random guest. He says that when Heslin and Pozner first sued InfoWars, Barnes told Alex the proper thing to do was to comply with the discovery process. Alex was adamantly against the idea, and at the time of admitting it, said that he regretted not listening to him in light of the circumstances. After an awkward laugh, Alex dropped the subject and never brought it up again. Dan and Jordan didn't really remark too much on it when it happened, because it essentially confirmed what their suspicions were leading up to that point.

There exists evidence that Barnes was attempting to do good lawyerly things in Alex's general direction, and Alex himself refusing to go along with it. For as odious of a person Barnes may be, essentially all of the apparent-bad-lawyering he did was entirely at Alex's own behest. Alex giving the impression that Barnes was at fault for all of it was just a narcissistic deflection technique, just as he does for everything else.

There is a reason Alex hasn't sued Barnes for legal malpractice, because Barnes actually has a defense against such claims.

I'd missed some of this info, and I think you're right. The more I follow up, the more that it has Alex's fingerprints on a lot of the malpractice. Alex obsessing over the one Shroyer deposition was a pretty big sign, too.

I've been kind of coasting through recent episodes, but hearing Jones' meltdown over Musk in the latest one is really good. It was cathartic to see Alex sell out his entire worldview and possibly betray his audience, all so he could squeal and scream about how people are being mean to him about Musk.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!
Will Bankston's presence affect Alex's commentary on this case?
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-musk-testify-lawsuit-jewish-man-neo-nazi-brawl_n_65de0913e4b005b85831d340?2i

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

“I’m gonna go Donkey Kong King Kong crazy!!” Is my favorite thing.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

“I’m gonna go Donkey Kong King Kong crazy!!” Is my favorite thing.

And in case anyone needs a refresher on what he was going DKKKC about... even Dan said in the episode last week that he didn't remember...

Jan. 8, 2023

"And if we're sitting here in a month or two, and I'm not hearing impeachment introduced by MTG, and I'm not seeing hearings on Hunter Biden, hearings on Fentanyl, and hearings on COVID, and hearings on Fauci, then I'm gonna go completely ape... I'm gonna go Donkey Kong, King Kong crazy in about 45 days. On Trump."

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I don't know. According to Bankston, he jumped up Alex's rear end when Alex started talking poo poo about the Sandy Hook families when he started making up stories about them immediately following the SH trials. Jones immediately backed down.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
To think that the only way you might be able to shut people like Jones up is having a dedicated lawyer ready to serve papers the moment they open their mouth about poo poo they've already been sued for. Insane.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Even that "plan" doesn't necessarily work, because Jones figured out he can reduce prospective damages ahead of time by making a non-apology apology video and burying it on some forgotten corner of banned-dot-video that literally no one will find.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Jesus Christ, today's episode has extreme polycule drama energy. Letting Alex back on Twitter, which by now is an extension of Musk's cult of personality, inevitably leads to Jones doing a McCarthyism within said cult of personality and accuse Musk of doing shadowban conspiracy nonsense, which inevitably lead to he-said-she-said-that's-not-what-I-said-why-would-they-say-that-I-said-that bullshit. Combine that with Jones' addictive personality (lmao that he immediately became Twitterbrained the minute he got let back on) and it's all so incredibly pathetic.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Froghammer posted:

Jesus Christ, today's episode has extreme polycule drama energy.

Ha on that note I should mention between the wild swings on his Elon feelings and the Bongino drama there was also a brief aside from Alex this week about how Marjorie Taylor Greene apparently won’t go on his show anymore and he has no idea why.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I think it was the previous episode but I always get a little tingly feeling when I learn the KF bits listen to the same comedy podcasts as me. They mentioned Bonanas for Bonanza last time and Hey Randy was a bright spot for Dan one time.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Banned.video?

..banned. :captainpop:

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I guess Alex didn’t pay any attention to how Matt Taibbi had his falling out with musk too cause he would post direct links to his substack and elons all pissed about any links to other sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I love hearing Alex go buck wild because of something that I am 99% sure is just that nothing on twitter loving works since Elon fired all the programmers. The specific error he mentioned is what happens literally any time I click a twitter link posted here.