Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

:lmao:

Q: "Did you remember not flagging anything as innacurate?"
A: "Yeah, but I didn't call anything accurate either".

Bradley is not giving her a single millimeter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

you've pumped so much fresh blood into this thread I want to call you Peter Thiel

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
Lady, he was full of poo poo, he had an axe to grind and just said some poo poo he wished he hadn't and you had a full body orgasm thinking you had a Perry Mason smoking gun.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

you've pumped so much fresh blood into this thread I want to call you Peter Thiel

Also because I'm gay and might have brain damage.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Crazy thought here: Maybe the polls are generally accurate? If we're seeing the same trends from different polls...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

For those that can't watch

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kazil posted:

Wait, Merchant is supposed to be a 'Good' Lawyer, right?

LMAO.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Also because I'm gay and might have brain damage.

We're on Somethingawful, we're all brain damaged, and possibly gay.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Lady, he was full of poo poo, he had an axe to grind and just said some poo poo he wished he hadn't and you had a full body orgasm thinking you had a Perry Mason smoking gun.

Yeah. I think he was just being a gossip with Merchant and she took it as gospel fact

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

He just needs to admit he lied and end this.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

redshirt posted:

Crazy thought here: Maybe the polls are generally accurate? If we're seeing the same trends from different polls...

The polls that matter are the actual elections, and those results are not (so far) matching up to polling.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Your honor we just dragged you through several days of the most obnoxious legal proceedings over poo poo we made up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

Thiel doesn't pump blood though, he sucks blood out of other vital life forms and hoards it all for himself :eng101:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kazil posted:

Jesus, I would just die of embarrassment directly on the spot.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Three Olives posted:

If we ever get an american of any social walk to admit this hell will immediately freeze over

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

redshirt posted:

I understand the sentiment. I am not super comfortable "unskewing" the polls. But the numbers don't seem to match up with actual elections, and Trump has underperformed his polls the primaries so far

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
This I like watching a mock trial we did once a year in a business law class I took in high school

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Seems like Merchant herself is sharing your opinion at this point.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

The American Dream posted:

This I like watching a mock trial we did once a year in a business law class I took in high school

Way more substantial case work in those classes than we've seen out of any of Trump's lawyers, really. Maybe he should try hitting up a social studies class sometime. Or not. He should probably be kept away from children now that I say that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Merchant can't even remember where she heard Bradley say this thing

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

redshirt posted:

Maybe, maybe not. As people have been pointing out both sample size and methodology will play a role in accuracy. The thing is that we've seen polls be inaccurate by greater-than-margin-of-error though the whole of the Republican primary season so far. Trump was anywhere from seven to 10 points higher in polls than his actual performance. Numbers in the special elections run since 2021 have all skewed better towards democrats than the polling suggested or from what historical data provided. Maybe a Biden-Trump head to head will be different and I've said in this thread that pretending Biden and Democrats aren't losing support from traditional sources is wishful thinking for various reasons, but I don't see Trump doubling his support in any demographics from 2020.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

kazil posted:

Merchant can't even remember where she heard Bradley say this thing
It could have been in a text or on speaker phone or somewhere else, look, who can say what facts are?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redshirt posted:

It's entirely possible, but it would require an absolutely staggering shift in ways that genuinely don't seem to match up to any actual election results. It's entirely possible that Gen Z has suddenly decided they love the fash and hate abortion but it would be a stunning turnaround if so. If it is true we're basically hosed so no real point in stressing out about it.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Three Olives posted:

A good lawyer would have Bradley to this point. Merchant is not that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Three Olives posted:

It could have been in a text or on speaker phone or somewhere else, look, who can say what facts are?

Maybe it was in a dream, who knows at this point!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I remember the LegalEagle video reviewing My Cousin Vinny, and I liked the comment when they have the grits guy on the witness stand that in GOOD witness testimony, especially for cross-examination but it applies generally, it shouldn't actually matter what they say on the stand, as it should just corroborate unambiguous facts you already have.

This... this isn't doing that

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

At least she brought printouts of the texts this time.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Every time I think of how much Trump owes in damages, this comes to mind. No idea why.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

"When you told me her daughter failed out of"

He was just being a gossip stirring poo poo with someone that hated the same person he hated and didn't realize she was going to build her entire case around it.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

The wierd part is absolutely nothing in reality reflects the election trends at all

This is loving wierd

It's gotta be people loving with the poll calls

Suddenly there was that big of a shift to "Donald Trump did nothing wrong?"

My brain hurts

While I'm not really supporting the polls, and there have been some elections since the midterms in November 2022, I'm not sure I'd call it an overwhelmingly large sample size. And the midterms were pretty inconclusive (Dems did better than expected but still lost the House).

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

We're on Somethingawful, we're all brain damaged, and possibly gay.

I'll have you know I'm not....!... alright the brain damage is accurate. But I'm NOT g... well, there were all those guys...

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Randalor posted:

Every time I think of how much Trump owes in damages, this comes to mind. No idea why.

And lo, he was riding on a pale mushroom, and his name was Trump

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:buddy:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Were these lawyers all just doing the Donald thing where they kept telling themselves they were smart geniuses until they actually believed it themselves despite evidence to the contrary?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Merchant: "Do you remember when you told me that Willis smells bad and Wade has a small pee pee?"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Merchant: "But Willis and Wade are pee-pee doo-doo, you told me that!"

Bradley: "I can't recall"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kazil posted:

I understand the sentiment. I am not super comfortable "unskewing" the polls. But the numbers don't seem to match up with actual elections, and Trump has underperformed his polls the primaries so far

Remember the red wave

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The American Dream posted:

This sounds more like when my history class did a mock trial of the Boston Massacre and the teacher almost gave me a detention for "Goofing around" because the prosecutor started accusing me of perjuring myself because they got their notes mixed up and were asking questions they meant to ask another student.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How do you not have this documented beforehand? HOW? You should have this information! You should have this information and further information to confirm it! Why in the world would you not have this?

Like I was thinking maybe they had something suspicious that ACP was blocking as opposed to having literally loving nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Apologies but is defense the maga side or fani side