Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Realizing that the final supremos quest introduced a new french guy, but there were no more supremos quests in france...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I mean before the recent Daily Commissions changes, it was a blessing there were no Gourmet Supremos quests in Fontaine lol

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Hyper Inferno posted:

The Sumeru thing forcing the next step is probably it. I have the achievements for all the Inazuma gourmet quests I believe but I haven't looked at my Sumeru ones.
If you did it all correctly they should leave Inazuma and you'll stop getting commissions from them, then you find them again in the docks at that secondary Sumeru town just hanging out by the water.

If you're still getting commissions it means you're still probably missing an achievement or part of one, because they really do just up and leave never to be seen again in Inazuma. There's two different ones near the shrine area that have two branching paths, one where you have to help both cooks win, and one where you have to help the samurai clear out two different spots at the beach for ingredients. There's another one where you need to go to Liyue to get a new recipe, but if you ignore the guy at the resturaunt and find Xiangling in the wilderness you get an achievement called "Samurai Gourmet" so check for that too

The last commission should have you talking to one of the women and she mentions they're finally leaving inazuma after collecting some sakura blooms

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Gourmet_Supremos:_Within_Our_Duties

Check that and make sure you've got all three achievements needed to have them travel off to Sumeru

e: It's entirely possible you're still getting Gormet Supremos quests because you're missing the hidden Xiangling achievement, since they move out of the country after that and they don't want to lock people out of achievements

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 27, 2024

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Yup, I have Samurice, Meal for Two, and Samurai Gourmet all unlocked (all in 2021 no less). I know I've done Within Our Duties because I remember collecting the Fresh Sakura Blooms too, but not after Sumeru released probably. They're not present in Sumeru and I don't have Don't Blame the Mora.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hyper Inferno posted:

Yup, I have Samurice, Meal for Two, and Samurai Gourmet all unlocked (all in 2021 no less). I know I've done Within Our Duties because I remember collecting the Fresh Sakura Blooms too, but not after Sumeru released probably. They're not present in Sumeru and I don't have Don't Blame the Mora.

Yup, it's not retroactive so you need to get the Fresh Sakura Blooms commission again for them to finally move on.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Would it be better to run an Alhaitham in a Catalyze team or a Hyperbloom team.

I don't have Raiden/Yelan/Nahida/Yae/Baizhu

I do have C6 Xingqiu, C6 Beidou, C6 Fischl, and a Kuki and Yaoyao (c0). Nothing's stopping me from pulling for Yae but I already have Beidou/Fischl at C6 so why waste more time building a new character, I guess?

I've also got Childe that I could invest in instead and I've got a C6 copies of Bennett, Sucrose, and Xiangling I could stick on there, he's just lvl 20.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Kuki Haitham Xingqiu is the strongest easiest to play trio in game. Does everything has no weaknesses besides kuki taking a random hit. Use whatever 4th you like.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

Kuki Haitham Xingqiu is the strongest easiest to play trio in game. Does everything has no weaknesses besides kuki taking a random hit. Use whatever 4th you like.
Is it super important for him to have another Dendro on the team? All I've got is Collei (C6 tho), Yaoyao, and Traveler. If not, then I think my options are just Barbara or Zhongli

e: or Venti/Sucrose

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 27, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nope he doesnt need it at all. For some reason everyone runs nahida with him I dont really understand it I guess they like having haitham on a non-deepwood set but it truly doesnt matter. I use Yelan or Zhongli for the fourth most often, fischl's fine but not insane cause haitham doesnt trigger A4, kirara is ok, beidou is funny if you can swing the ER, but again do whatever seems good there's not a lot you can do to make the trio substantially stronger (outside of Nahida C2).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nahida is doing a LOT of damage there in aoe and giving Al energy. If you don't want to waste her on that side, fine, but she's adding a significant amount of damage.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

What's the stop-gap for abilities/levels on XQ/Al/Kuki then? I know Kuki should probably be 90 and loaded with EM but what should I leave her talents at? I can probably leave XQ at 70 at capped there, and Alhaitham maybe a triple crown since he uses all three?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

What's the stop-gap for abilities/levels on XQ/Al/Kuki then? I know Kuki should probably be 90 and loaded with EM but what should I leave her talents at? I can probably leave XQ at 70 at capped there, and Alhaitham maybe a triple crown since he uses all three?

Personally, I'd say level her skill as high as possible for the healing, but her normal and ult flat out don't matter.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

They managed to make Mika's voice sound even more dorky than the poem event, good lord

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tampa Bae posted:

They managed to make Mika's voice sound even more dorky than the poem event, good lord

Yeah, hes the only 4* I dont have and if his barks sound like he sounds in this event I'm happy enough not having him tbh.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

Kuki's EM scaling on her healing is based on A4 so you dont really need her talents much. I still have her E leveled cause its still more healing but you dont have to go past 6 if you dont want to put the resources in. Xingqiu in general does tons of damage mine is level 85 with sac sword crowned Q 4Emblem and is very built, you can do fine at 70 though its not like there's anything stacking his damage in the comp. You can triple crown haitham if you love him IIRC priority is E > normals > Q (mine only has E crown) but its not a big priority in hyperbloom. In any case the kuki levels+EM are by far the most important part of the comp. You can go to gcsim and take a look at al haitham + kuki + xingqiu comps to see the builds used/damage splits (somehow the yaoyao comp there is outscoring the nahida comp?).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 27, 2024

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

How is Arataki Itto? I only ever hear about his english VA Max who was awesome in the most recent Beetle Battle I caught but I realized I haven't heard much about his gameplay. I want to get a geo 5* character but not sure if thats Chiori, Itto, or hold out for a Navia rerun. Zhong Li being a windmill slam for me when he reruns next. I'd quit the game for a few months right before he reran last fall.

Also hopefully my brain didn't steal this from somewhere else but it came to mind last night while trying to get noblesse oblige for XQ and artifacts for Lynx over in HSR:

The artifact set/slot you want won't drop.
If the artifact set/slot you want drops, it won't have the right main stat.
If it has the right main stat, it won't have the right substats.
If it has the right substats, it won't roll them to upgrade.
If it rolls the right substats to upgrade, you spent too much of your time, money or luck.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Do you have Cyno or Xiao? He's like them but for Geo, basically built around his burst where he goes nuts for a while and deals most/all of the damage himself. The difference is he basically only has one team with how Geo works.

That said he is pretty fun to play.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Chiori is a big upgrade for his teams as well, but it's highly likely he reruns alongside Chiori's banner so that's pretty tight gem wise.

Navia is incredible but she's hard to compare to Itto. Navia being geo is almost entirely incidental to her playstyle. She just tosses out a lot of damage and is super flexible. She also works really well with Zhongli, and outside of that as long as the other characters are pyro, electro, cryo, or hydro she's golden.

Basically Itto is the mono-geo guy, he demands a party almost exclusively with geo chars, and you will just be doing geo damage.

Chiori demands a geo construct, but you could flex her alongside Zhongli as she's an off field damage dealer. Naturally she has great synergy with mono-geo but not so great with Navia (at c0)

Navia only really cares for geo resonance, otherwise she needs non geo characters, which makes her incredibly flexible and able to deal with things mono-geo just can't. I am biased because I'm a big Navia fangirl so take what I say with a grain of salt.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Characterization wise the dude's a riot. His JP VA is great, and I hear good things about his EN VA as well. Itto's biggest gameplay problem is that he really wants a specific monogeo team comp to function well, and even after all that effort geo is weak on the elemental scale and pretty badly needs a rework just like phys.

I've never fully built him up because I'm not a fan of mono teams, but I can say that (though completely different playstyles) Navia is hella fun and also quite strong, and can freely use all the usual strong supports that everyone is going to have built anyway.

As always, play their trials when they're running, and try them out whenever there's a combat event that includes them, to see how you like each one, then pull with your heart.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Itto's biggest problem is that he's absolutely bonkers at C6 and that's a shame. Just the most fun character and honestly next to no one gets to experience that wild ride.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Itto's a 'Make my weapon into my element and then hit people' kinda character like Diluc and Noelle. And for other weapons: Hu Tao, Yoimiya, Ayaka, Chongyun, Keqing, Raiden, Ayato, Childe, Xiao, etc.

So if any of those are you idea of fun then there's nothing wrong in picking him up.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Itto feels great to play because he's the only character in the game who can dodge without it resetting his NA combo, which matters because finishing it gives stacks for his special CAs, where most of his damage lies.
Also, you get to throw cows at people with his skill. (Which is the reason Paimon keeps calling him Bull-Chucker)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

Kuki's EM scaling on her healing is based on A4 so you dont really need her talents much. I still have her E leveled cause its still more healing but you dont have to go past 6 if you dont want to put the resources in. Xingqiu in general does tons of damage mine is level 85 with sac sword crowned Q 4Emblem and is very built, you can do fine at 70 though its not like there's anything stacking his damage in the comp. You can triple crown haitham if you love him IIRC priority is E > normals > Q (mine only has E crown) but its not a big priority in hyperbloom. In any case the kuki levels+EM are by far the most important part of the comp. You can go to gcsim and take a look at al haitham + kuki + xingqiu comps to see the builds used/damage splits (somehow the yaoyao comp there is outscoring the nahida comp?).
The reason I'd probably go Yaoyao as my flex is because sometimes, I just wake up at 4am and want to get weekly bosses out of the way and just having her face tank mechanics I don't feel like dodging is a pretty sweet character to have

Is triple crowning Alhaitham more important in aggrevate/spread comps? I played the opposite comp where Fischl/Keqing were the drivers but if all he does is apply Dendro and perform on-field damage then I'll just crown Fischl

sushibandit posted:

Characterization wise the dude's a riot. His JP VA is great, and I hear good things about his EN VA as well. Itto's biggest gameplay problem is that he really wants a specific monogeo team comp to function well, and even after all that effort geo is weak on the elemental scale and pretty badly needs a rework just like phys.
Itto's english VA is great, it sounds like everything he does is improv and he has a nuance that doesn't sound like stiff voice acting, but just your funny buddy from college

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, hes the only 4* I dont have and if his barks sound like he sounds in this event I'm happy enough not having him tbh.
Luckily if you use him in-field you just need to use his skill and barely hear him, but he's decent enough at what he does, it's just that...Only Wanderer and Eula need attack speed buffs that I know of and Wanderer already has better support options

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Itto is amazing and fun but yeah he has exactly one team and if you cant field that team he's going feel anemic and bad. Itto/Zhongli/Gorou (ideally C6 but at least C4 for the minor spot healing if necessary)/Albedo. You can maybe swap Albedo for Fischl or another off-fielder that can generate a mess of particles but that's it. That's the team. Even Nilou has more potential team variations. And of course it suffers from the usual Geo problem of not causing meaningful reactions so any sort of shielded enemy is going to shut it right down.

Of course you are absolutely going to tear through anything that isn't shielded or geo-immune and I personally love Itto and don't regret having him. But I also somehow managed to have C6 Gorou before I successfully rolled an Itto and I can't really recommend people roll for him unless you're sure you can make it work. Maybe that will change if Geo ever gets a rework or they add more geo supports or something, but oh well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

The reason I'd probably go Yaoyao as my flex is because sometimes, I just wake up at 4am and want to get weekly bosses out of the way and just having her face tank mechanics I don't feel like dodging is a pretty sweet character to have

Is triple crowning Alhaitham more important in aggrevate/spread comps? I played the opposite comp where Fischl/Keqing were the drivers but if all he does is apply Dendro and perform on-field damage then I'll just crown Fischl

Itto's english VA is great, it sounds like everything he does is improv and he has a nuance that doesn't sound like stiff voice acting, but just your funny buddy from college

Luckily if you use him in-field you just need to use his skill and barely hear him, but he's decent enough at what he does, it's just that...Only Wanderer and Eula need attack speed buffs that I know of and Wanderer already has better support options
Crowning Al is hard to answer because talent multipliers dont react favorably with aggravate or hyperbloom (or any dendro reaction). Its really just scaling his raw damage so its up to you how much you want that. I like putting a crown on most characters so I gave him one but its much lower priority than someone like Neuvillette or Itto.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Itto does sound fun, I'll give him a shot in his trial, but yeah I don't have any Gorou, no Zhong and no Albedo so he's not the best pick up for me right now.

The three abyss mage artifact domain wanted me to field geo characters with a 75% damage boost and I only have Ningguang, Yunjin and Noelle (+ geo traveler). I ended up crushing that domain with hyperbloom anyway but in the long run I'm looking for geos in case its needed for an abyss or something. Zhongli for sure, then we'll see who I stumble over aside from him.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
If you don't triple crown Neuvillette you don't deserve him.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Note Block posted:

If you don't triple crown Neuvillette you don't deserve him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sorry, I already triple crowned one character and tripling another ruins it. (neuv's E and Q dont even do anything)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Always triple crown your favs

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Hu Tao and Navia are the only triple crowns I have but at least they use all of them. Furina's attack is still at 1 because the only time I use it is during the whale boss and it doesn't matter if it's 10 or 1 since she procs it immediately.

Also Furina rules, while I was farming mats for Kuki I realized I could just use her skill and just walk on water instead of swimming. Sure her buddies still make a b-line to attack bonfires and drain your health for no reason but that's why you put her with a Jean.

Also Navia rules. So does Neuvillette. Fontaine had some of the best characters to date. Even the free Lynette is under-rated because she can dash in the overworld like Yelan and save stamina and her taunt is immortal. Maybe the closest character to a miss in Fontaine so far is Freminet who's still a pretty strong character for new players

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't do abyss but I think Itto's perfectly usable outside of Mono-Geo so long as you're using someone with a shield in the team. But I'm looking at him with his unique great sword instead of Whiteblind so I'm biased.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The secret OP tech for including Furina in your overworld comp is just using her skill in healing mode. It's not like you need the damage from her summons while you're running around on water, and keeping your active character topped off instead of draining everyone is always nice.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I only started playing since 2 months ago so my strategy right now is "swap between Bennett, Raiden and Xingqiu until everything dies from electro reactions". I can't decide on a fourth. I've tried Diluc, Xiangling and Kujou Sara but none of them really clicked with me, or I just don't know how to make use of them well. I use Barbara if I'm farming the pyro regisvine but that's about it. I've got a bunch of guys sitting on the bench that I pulled from the gatcha and never really used: faruzan, xiao, ningguang, gaming, kirara, yaoyao, yanfei and sucrose. I'm at AR48 so it'll take a while to build any of them up.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

triple crowned nahida and navia

0 regrets

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

sushibandit posted:

The secret OP tech for including Furina in your overworld comp is just using her skill in healing mode. It's not like you need the damage from her summons while you're running around on water, and keeping your active character topped off instead of draining everyone is always nice.
I will die (and have, a lot) for Furina's dumb hydro homies. Just like I will die (and a lot) because Yuegui finds something more interesting on the edge of the map than healing or hurting the enemy chomping at my face.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

dracky posted:

I only started playing since 2 months ago so my strategy right now is "swap between Bennett, Raiden and Xingqiu until everything dies from electro reactions". I can't decide on a fourth. I've tried Diluc, Xiangling and Kujou Sara but none of them really clicked with me, or I just don't know how to make use of them well. I use Barbara if I'm farming the pyro regisvine but that's about it. I've got a bunch of guys sitting on the bench that I pulled from the gatcha and never really used: faruzan, xiao, ningguang, gaming, kirara, yaoyao, yanfei and sucrose. I'm at AR48 so it'll take a while to build any of them up.

Xiangling is the best fourth for that team, though perhaps not for the overworld. She needs a lot of er that Raidens burst can give her, though things need to live long enough for Raiden to beat them up during it. Also you can do what's called funneling, use Bennetts skill and immediately swap to Xiangling which gives her more energy than just letting Bennett catch them.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I'm doing the cooking quest today... wtf is up with Mika's voice?!

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
He's a Chocobo in human form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I'm doing the cooking quest today... wtf is up with Mika's voice?!
Amber's EN VA is conventionally very good. Mika's EN VA is unconventionally very good.