Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Kind of random news for Grand Princess '24:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1762039823458820324

Former AKB48 member Ami Yumoto will make her debut, tagging with Nao against opponents TBD.

YouTube press conference video thing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxdellSAmew

This feels like a "sorry for last time Nao"

I know nothing about her other than she did Tofu Pro (as Komanechi Yumoto) back when that was a thing so she's at least been in a ring before.

Random clip from YT of her in Tofu Pro (she's the one in black):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWlDdq_0tHU

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1762045503347577233

Natsupoi is returning March 9th at Yokohama Budokan.And with that I think that's everyone back from injury.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Kind of random news for Grand Princess '24:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1762039823458820324

Former AKB48 member Ami Yumoto will make her debut, tagging with Nao against opponents TBD.

YouTube press conference video thing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxdellSAmew

This feels like a "sorry for last time Nao"

I know nothing about her other than she did Tofu Pro (as Komanechi Yumoto) back when that was a thing so she's at least been in a ring before.

Random clip from YT of her in Tofu Pro (she's the one in black):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWlDdq_0tHU

even more important
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1762045593059242359

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Stall_19 posted:

Natsupoi is returning March 9th at Yokohama Budokan.And with that I think that's everyone back from injury.

Everything's gonna be alright 🥺

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm glad Poi is healed up but I was happy to have had a break from "bye poi" for a while

I hope everyone stays healthy this year, even the people who annoy me

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm glad Poi is healed up but I was happy to have had a break from "bye poi" for a while

Natsupoi can be as annoying as she wants as long as she continues wrestling at the level she was before the injury (while not being unnecessarily hard on her neck).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah she's an awesome wrestler so I can put up with cutesy catchphrases

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bye poi

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

with that I think that's everyone back from injury.

Kohgo?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

She's coming back for the Cinderella tournament that night.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I believe she has a chronic health condition (graves disease). Her return speech was very....sad. she spoke about her thoughts of quitting. Bushiroad also had her working fantasticamania backstage in some role.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/sg_oxxt/status/1762310443924959663?s=20

Confirmation of the women's wrestling world's worst kept secret

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Attn to wrestlers, you are not indebted to any promoter.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
True but fwiw that's kind of a loaded translation and it's more like she admires/appreciates Rossy's help on her way to stardom, she doesn't say anything about feeling obligated to stick with him. The overall tone of the article is kind of "You'd think she'd go do Rossy's thing but guess what, going overseas is also in the cards, how about that"

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Johnny Landmine posted:

she admires/appreciates Rossy's help on her way to stardom

Tsukasa Fujimoto just got really angry and doesn't know why

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Returning to Ice Ribbon would truly be the post-Stardom move nobody would see coming for Giulia

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

guila is going to gcw

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Can't wait to watch Guilia shred her knees in nxt

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

mooseinfants posted:

Can't wait to watch Gloria Kawasaki shred her knees in nxt

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I hope Rossi takes Sonny with him. He can have Giulia and Mayu. They can't steal Tam tho, I want Rina Yamashita to come back to Stardom as the deathmatch queen and I would trust nobody else to do exploding barbed wire death matches but her

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

I hope Rossi takes Sonny with him. He can have Giulia and Mayu. They can't steal Tam tho, I want Rina Yamashita to come back to Stardom as the deathmatch queen and I would trust nobody else to do exploding barbed wire death matches but her

sonny is going with him

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Isn't Mayu reportedly under a long term deal with Stardom

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

She's just under a longer contract than the year-to-year ones that all end in March because of her movie. Length isn't really known besides that

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

yea ok posted:

sonny is going with him

I hope the hat man decides he doesn't need Sonny either and Sonny ends up with nothing and no job.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

I hope the hat man decides he doesn't need Sonny either and Sonny ends up with nothing and no job.
He's been the worst part of Stardom since he joined. As a commentator, as a representative, as a translator, nothing he does is good.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Tampa Bae posted:

Tam already said she's staying

Also AZM vs Mina got announced for Windy City Riot so now we know they're staying

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

More visa drama

https://twitter.com/PWKitsune/status/1757939443984650672

I know many disagree with my transparency, but I think if more companies were transparent, it would be a better business.
Sukeban is pulling SAKI, Yuu and Yukihi from the March 24 show.
My very reputable helper in Japan had agreed to fees and schedules with the wrestlers since they had visas to enter the US.
Sukeban informed me that the visas the wrestlers have are only good for Sukeban shows. Sukeban said it could be ‘career-threatening’ for the wrestlers if they entered the US with improper visas.
Agreed!
The wrestlers were unaware they were not able to wrestle in the US for other companies since other Sukeban wrestlers have been able to.
I hold no hard feelings toward the wrestlers. They did not know.
Not sure where to go from here.
I don’t have supreme amount of finances to bring in anyone I want at anytime I want.
I will do my best to fill out the card.
-Eric

Huh?

https://twitter.com/WCProOfficial/status/1762554541277638690

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Tam already said she's staying

Also AZM vs Mina got announced for Windy City Riot so now we know they're staying

I'm going to that show! I'm not really familiar with the Stardom roster. What should I know about those two, especially with pictures? I promised I'd preview the cart to my non-wrestling fan aunt.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Maigius posted:

I'm going to that show! I'm not really familiar with the Stardom roster. What should I know about those two, especially with pictures? I promised I'd preview the cart to my non-wrestling fan aunt.

AZM is one of those Japanese wrestlers who started when she was a child. And lest you think I'm being hyperbolic, her 10th anniversary is in July. She's 21. Stardom homegrown, and a really talented technical wrestler.

Mina is 15 years older and has 4 years less experience. She's from TJPW originally, very charismatic, and really stepped up into her role higher on the card.

Should be a good match

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

It doesn't say that they're wrestling each other, just that both of them will be there.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

AZM is one of those Japanese wrestlers who started when she was a child. And lest you think I'm being hyperbolic, her 10th anniversary is in July. She's 21. Stardom homegrown, and a really talented technical wrestler.

Mina is 15 years older and has 4 years less experience. She's from TJPW originally, very charismatic, and really stepped up into her role higher on the card.

Should be a good match

To add a little more

AZM is considered a High Speed wrestler in Stardom. High Speed is its own "division" with its own High Speed title. AZM held that title longer than anyone else ever has, and was never pinned or submitted to lose it. She lost it in a 3 way match where Saki Kashima pinned Fukigen Death. That's about as prestigious a run as you can get. She's insanely talented and can do pretty much anything in the ring and everything she does is fast and smooth and clean. She's absolutely awesome to watch

Mina is kinda the cheesecake of the Stardom roster but being a hot former swimsuit model is not who she is in the ring. When that bell rings she's a killer. She goes for the knees and does a Figure 4 Leglock and when that doesn't work she has a million different DDT variants she can hit people with along with some serious kicks and cool pinning combinations. She's extremely well rounded (lol) and can have a great match with anyone. Last year she was briefly the Wonder of Stardom champion (second highest singles title) and Goddess of Stardom tag team champion with Mariah May

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Almost fell out of my drat seat

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1763104315861012902?t=zbSUnSqPcnm3QjQHqRY_LQ&s=19

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
TJPW's Australian trainee Kira will be making her debut on March 3rd as Kira Summer in a tag with Nao against rookie Chika Nanase and Arisu.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1763126968483025365

Also lol that "updated" profile pic for Arisu they started using about a week ago, which is already outdated by like 2 months and 4 hairstyles.

Chika had her debut a few days ago against Moka, which TJPW put up on their YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH7x3ZYbozM

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Why'd they bring Poi back just to kill her?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Giulia vs vaquer on 3/10 so there’s your strong title figured out.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

Giulia vs vaquer on 3/10 so there’s your strong title figured out.

Good, Vaquer seems cool. Hope she gets to work some matches in Japan as champion!

Wow. Is this a PPV or just a random house show?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

PPV, opening night of Cinderella tournament

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

3/9 looks crazy though

The 8 people who have a bye are in an 8 way match
Mai Sakurai vs. Mei Seria vs. Ami Sohrei vs. Suzu Suzuki vs. MIRAI vs. AZM vs. Hazuki vs. Waka Tsukiyama

Cinderella 1st round matches
Hanan vs HANAKO
Yuzuki vs SLK
Momo Kohgo vs Xena
Koguma vs Ruaka
Saya Iida vs Saki Kashima
Yuna Mizumori vs Lady C
Sayaka Kurara vs Natsuko Tora
Miyu Amasaki vs Ranna Yagami

NJPW Strong title preview
Giulia & Syuri & Konami vs Fukigen Death & Momo Watanabe & Stephanie Vaquer

Future of Stardom title match
Rina(c) vs. Miran (Diana)

Natsupoi Return Match
Natsupoi & Saori Anou vs Sareee & Chihiro Hashimoto

Special 3 Way Tag Match
Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita vs. Maika & Mina Shirakawa vs. Tam Nakano & Mayu Iwatani

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's good that they're stacking the rest of the card because those tourney matches don't look great. Hopefully they all bring their A game and maybe someone will surprise me. Saya/Saki could be okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Bushiroad was always going to respond aggressively. It's not a coincidence that magically spots on new japan cards are opening up either. Actually I wonder if an iwgp womens title match in a new japan ring is part of the price for sareee

She hasn't been shy about her desire for that specific title because of her admiration for inoki.