Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's hard to understate how much you had to be pretty ironfisted to get people to actually use the shift key and not unironically use l33tsp33k back in the day, or various other gimmicks that lose their novelty after half a second and continue to be run into the ground.

And you're also incredibly lucky if people use paragraph breaks.

I know some people go on about how horrible it was SA banned people for not using punctuation back in the day. That is WHY I hung around here early on. It was a bastion enforcing legibility and actually having something to say in a vast ocean of unreadable garbage.

Things are fine around here these days, we don’t need to revisit that dark period, but go to any contemporary forum and it was nothing but pages of ‘lol’ ‘this omgz’ and the same lovely image macros of the week. Every Fark comment section was almost identical :shibewow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Lol, your dog wants capitalized proper nouns

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Properly capitalized slurs.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Aphrodite posted:

Properly capitalized slurs.

"We don't care that you used the word, but in context that N clearly should have been a capital letter as you gave him that as a name. Also, other user has been given a 100k for mod sass after not agreeing with this decision. Enjoy your 6hr break."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Biplane posted:

Two turtles swimming?? What the gently caress

kazil posted:

I see a cat

Knormal posted:

Well I see a picture of a cat :smug:

Lobok posted:

I see some little silhouettos on a cat
Scaramouche! Scaramouche! Do you see the Zangief, though?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

That’s not what I meant when I said you should go on a cleanse.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

loool

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:huh: New Goon Alert!! :huh:

Jimmy5K posted:

After nearly two years of quietly lurking in the shadows of the GBS forums, I've finally signed up! Now that I've come out of the closet as a fully fledged goon expect plently of unconvincing photoshops done in MS paint (Can't afford photoshop), snide comments and other such wonderful things. Hooray! Hooray Indeed!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lurked but didn't read anything?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah I feel bad for the guy but he wouldn't have fit in. Probably even less in 2006 than now

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dude was ahead of his time. He was caught in 5K.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:rip: Jimmy5K, he's posting introduction threads with the angels now

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
free jimmy5k

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

Americans all drive their massive tanks 5 hours to work on the 80000 lane gigafreeway to their 30 hour shift at the WMD factory and only get vacations whenever Haley's Comet shows up. If they'd drive 15 more hours they'd still be in the same postal code. They retire when they die, probably from being shot.

Europeans all walk 2 minutes to their job as underwater basket weavers where they don't actually weave or get wet because of EU regulations. If they'd walk 10 more minutes they'd pass through 3 other countries, all of whom they hate because the people there speak a slightly different dialect and used to be the same country until 1539 when Duke Sigismund the Defenestrater rebelled against his brother/cousin/uncle King Wulfgang Pierre Magnus Xavier Maria Gabriel XVIII. They get 350 days vacation per year and retire at 45. When the government tried to raise the retirement age to 47 several cities burned.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The funny pictures thread stumbled upon an epiphany.

tyrelhill posted:

the stupid makes you internet

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Feb 26, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don’t understand why asmongold looks like a frightened horse in every video thumbnail I’ve seen of him.

Runa posted:

poor asmon, thought of the algorithm and died

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
context: a dumb goon was ignorantly arguing about translation poo poo he has no idea about and then gets headshot by endorph

Endorph posted:

the person making those complaints doesnt even know japanese you moron, and neither do you

'we completely fell for it' is a literal translation of this line that google translate spits out

however what's actually being said here is, 釣られ. which uses the kanji, 釣. this means angling, fishing, getting hooked (by fishing bait.) the character is saying he got baited and hooked like a fish. the translation keeps this. the google tl he spits out does not.

sit down and shut the gently caress up about poo poo you dont understand.

Endorph posted:

and if you were getting probed for this six years ago im sure the flashcard program you launch every 13 days so you can say you're 'learning japanese' as you hit the translate tweet button on jp fanartists talking about their dinner would be a more worthwhile use of your time then crying about poo poo you barely grasp

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They go loving hard in the anime sub apparently

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Milo and POTUS posted:

They go loving hard in the anime sub apparently

:whitewater:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Noice

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

context: a dumb goon was ignorantly arguing about translation poo poo he has no idea about and then gets headshot by endorph

yup, that's a murder.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

bawk posted:

yup, that's animerder.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Chieves posted:

So how is Wonka and Dune II as a double feature?

Or Dune 1 - Wonka - Dune 2 as a triple? :getin:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oompa Loompa doopity dear
Fear kills the mind, so I shall not fear
Oompa Loompa doopity dain
When the fear is gone only I remain

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A trademark FreudianSlippers post if I've ever seen one. At WeRateGoons we give him a 13/10, heckin' goono :discourse:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

What do you do when you're stuck in a seitch
Vengeance for your father's death within reach
Do you declare a Jihad and attack?
Become the Kwisatz Haa-der-rach?

I don't like the look of it

Oompah Loompah Doopity Dath
Know you must follow the Golden Path
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompah Loompah Doopity do!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Phlegmish posted:

A trademark FreudianSlippers post if I've ever seen one. At WeRateGoons we give him a 13/10, heckin' goono :discourse:

Imma do a strayan and call them gonnos.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Karate Bastard posted:

Imma do a strayan and call them gonnos.

Thats gonorrhea.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I appreciate the Liver King still doing his thing after people discovered the obvious- that he was doing steroids to get into the physical shape he was in, not because of his extreme paleo diet

Staluigi posted:

people still somehow undersell how jacked up on gear this dumb motherfucker is lol

he's devouring capital class vessel levels of steroids, IGF1 and testosterone, over eleven thousand dollars worth every month, no typo

fuckin love his routine of

- wake up

- empty half an equine veterinary office's worth of Musclefucker 3000 into each arm

- shout into mirror a bunch

- make tiktoks telling people how to get his PRIMAL BOD with the power of getting sunburnt and force feeding yourself raw meat until you're 65% trichinosis by volume

- die within like five years of now

Levantine posted:

The bad ones never die. He'll be running for President in 45 years with full onset Alzheimers while people write articles about what a canny strategist he is.

Staluigi posted:

ohhh no

not at THAT level of gear based lifeform

he going to conk out with a clot that registers on seismological devices, four days later at the morgue his arms will leap up powered by how much of his blood was synthetic at that point and start sign languaging DOES THIS UNIT HAVE A SOUL

five years

I didn't realize I'd somehow unbookmarked this thread until I had to go looking for it to post this.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Inceltown posted:

Thats gonorrhea.

Yes, this is known.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Feb 27, 2024

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mods please change my username to "goonorrhea".

tia

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

No wait poo poo "Gunorrhea" was right there

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FreudianSlippers posted:

No wait poo poo "Gunorrhea" was right there

Sounds like slang for a mass shooting

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
For when you end up doing a spray and pray.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Dameius posted:

For when you end up doing a spray and pray.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Catastrophe posted:

When I look there, I personally see this which is filled with a bunch of people clowning on McConnell.

Beastie posted:

What did Green Day do now?

kazil posted:

something unpredictable, but in the end it's right

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Eat This Glob posted:

holy poo poo, sex lines are back? in 1-800 form?!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

i know goons hate their parents, but you really need to call your mom more often

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
About differences between American and European grocery store checkouts:

Tree Goat posted:

it's the same as the european checkout process, afaik:
i place my groceries (a box of 7.62x51mm nato ammo, peanut butter, slim jims, a hogshead [~238.5l] of crude oil, american flag, super glue to make sure the windows in my suburban house can't be opened, gift card that entitles the bearer to a doctor's visit, ziploc bags of corn syrup) on the conveyor belt. i fire my pistol once into the air to indicate that i have completed my purchases. the cashier fires their pistol into the air twice to indicate that they have received my message and are ready to begin the checkout process. i'm in a bit of a rush since i have to go back to my job at the demolition derby (i'm there to scout the talent: if they are good at demolishing things i try to recruit them into the army; if they are very good, then into the local nfl team), so i pay the fee to waive the standard two hotdog minimum for waiting in line and instead eat only one hotdog. the cashier has already asked me what church i go to and told me which of their children have which ailments, and handed me the checkout line appetizer list (today's special is jalapeño poppers with crushed up oreos on top) and offered me a beer. i decline, since i already had my 2-3 courtesy beers on the drive across the parking lot. i have brought my reusable tote bags, which i place immediately in the incinerator in order to get enough credit for the 48 plastic bags that i will actually use. i write a separate check for each item, which i sign with an "X" since I don't know cursive, making use of the suggested tip line to tip 15% on all perishable goods, and 20% on all household items. the items are bagged for me by a adjunct professor of philosophy who was recently laid off for being too woke. i tip them only 12% so i don't end up on any lists as a potential terrorist sympathizer. there's a rascal scooter waiting for me at the end of the checkout lane to take me the 10 feet to my suv, but i have to swipe my credit card on the handily provided slot by the wheel to unlock it. i do this, which generates a receipt for me to sign. finally back in my car, i heave a sigh of relief as i prepare for my 3 hour drive back home 4 blocks away (the traffic should get better next year when they install the 12th lane on the highway connecting my subdivision to the strip mall where the store is located), but i am unfortunately incinerated by a GBU-28 laser guided bomb launched by a police helicopter because the OCR on their camera misread my license plate number and thought I was somebody with an open warrant for smelling marijuana smoke in 1998.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

credburn posted:

When I was in jail I once helped a guy get a domino shoved into his penis. They call them canicas; basically someone gets hold of a domino, goes into the shower where there is grip tape, and they spend days sanding that motherfucker down. Using the grip tape that's probably covered in fungus, piss, and semen. Then when the domino is sanded down into the shape of a heart or diamond, three of us go into a bathroom stall. The first guy sits down on the stall, the second guy (me) holds his dick over a toilet paper roll, and a third guy makes two cuts using a razor blade. You have to cut in two spots to let the air out. The domino is shoved into the slit, and it sort of sits between skin layers on the top of the penis. Super glue seals the cuts. Then you just pray, pray, pray, pray you don't get a staph infection.

edit: I got a soda out of the deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Post Your |Favorite| Quotes