Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
whenever you type the words wwe you must then include in parenthesis that you dont watch wwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
wwe (derogatory)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

in the wwe thread it was brought up that you're allowed to say wwe viewers are rape lovers, or rapist lovers because that's making fun of them. that's their burden to bear, and it's got nothing to do with me. but i need to mention it as i wanted to propose that people could sign up for a free gang tag saying "please don't call me a rape lover as i don't watch that program" or similar. that way, the few proud heroes who police those threads making all kinds of fun would know who to hurry and accuse of loving rape without accidentally creating any "friendly fire" against people who they get angry at for personal reasons. i'd like to request for myself a second tier tag above the first one which in addition to saying that i don't watch, it also says, "i don't like a single person in wwe, while you seem to love several of them." so that i get treated properly according to my station in the future. thanks very much

i was already annoyed at the use of "rape company" at the time of this post but seeing it lobbed at mr. cavauro in particular made me mad. there is a weird dichotomy in the forums where you have people who have posted here a long time and understand that pretty much nobody watches the product and everyone that does is an epically failing loser, and then theres people who are just dropping in to make a dumb post that stinks. oh wow you think vince mcmahon is bad? loving crazy thank you for sharing. and then its back to posting about whatever bullcrap they typically post about. and then there's the people who just suck at posting no matter what, add them to the mix and you cant beat me at sacrifice. i think the solution is for posters to increase efforts to insult & dogpile these people and for the mods to look the other way

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shot in the street like the dog that I am for not properly censoring “C*dy”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

and then there's the people who just suck at posting no matter what, add them to the mix and you cant beat me at sacrifice.

:negative:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm probably one of those people who have been posting more here since Vince re-entered the news cycle. I've tried to balance things out with some genuine observations and some stupid jokes, but if my posting sucks, let me know cos I don't have PMs! I don't want to make using the forums a chore for anyone.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wwe (derogatory)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

i was already annoyed at the use of "rape company" at the time of this post but seeing it lobbed at mr. cavauro in particular made me mad. there is a weird dichotomy in the forums where you have people who have posted here a long time and understand that pretty much nobody watches the product and everyone that does is an epically failing loser, and then theres people who are just dropping in to make a dumb post that stinks. oh wow you think vince mcmahon is bad? loving crazy thank you for sharing. and then its back to posting about whatever bullcrap they typically post about. and then there's the people who just suck at posting no matter what, add them to the mix and you cant beat me at sacrifice. i think the solution is for posters to increase efforts to insult & dogpile these people and for the mods to look the other way

listen you bastard. i don't like the way you're saying some of that. i just want it to be known that i hate rape and want to make sure that since it's allowed to say certain people like it, it needs to be brutally punished when that privilege is abused to say that crap about me. i don't care about anyone else except me. i'm a good person.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Streaming a WWE Premium Live Event on the award-winning Peacock and shaking my head the whole time so the people on the bus know I disagree with it

Benne fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 28, 2024

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'll own that my post about how people who admit to watching WWE should be clowned on was unhelpful, shortsighted, and stupid. I've been really sick for the past few days and bouncing around and posting through it (badly). I don't like that it fostered a series of circular accusations of who is or isn't #standingupforwwe. Unpleasant stuff. It should just stop because otherwise you have people just not bothering to read who they're talking to and accusing each other of some heinous poo poo out of nowhere. I'm sorry you got caught in the crossfire for innocuous posts.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

As a rape survivor, I don’t really like getting called “rape lover” because I said I enjoyed WWE women’s division more than AEW in a thread made to criticize AEW without fear of reprisal.

I don’t think anyone should be probated or anything, we should be nicer to each other and use better language. No one here helped McMahon and his co conspirator’s commit heinous crimes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Feel like this is just the posting style this forum has intentionally fostered the last few years. Realistically how different is the post getting made fun of from the average wwe thread post outside of it being made towards my bubby Cav?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I don't think we need a Stand Up for the WWE thread because it sucks as a product already, but I agree with EMF that two pages of calling people rape apologists is a step too far and dog piling on the poster who said they had friends in western Australia who gets one show a decade at best and only wanted to see the goth from Instagram is a bit much.

WWE is the worst mainstream product as is, we shouldn't bully people out of PSP just because they liked one thing in the WWE, we should just show them the other 100 something hours of wrestling every week that's better and less problematic.

Like drat, if all they really love are entrances there's 10 years of the Japanese indies doing a New Year's event with 100+ man rumbles with plenty of mainstream music you can pop over

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'll own that my post about how people who admit to watching WWE should be clowned on was unhelpful, shortsighted, and stupid. I've been really sick for the past few days and bouncing around and posting through it (badly). I don't like that it fostered a series of circular accusations of who is or isn't #standingupforwwe. Unpleasant stuff. It should just stop because otherwise you have people just not bothering to read who they're talking to and accusing each other of some heinous poo poo out of nowhere. I'm sorry you got caught in the crossfire for innocuous posts.

Don't beat yourself up about it, I think you've done a decent job at keeping things together at a time when it's been difficult to talk about pro wrestling. I appreciate your response here and I hope we can go forward while being a little less incendiary to one another. Most people here are good people.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its cool that you arent watching wwe hell you probably shouldnt but i dont need to read about how you arent watching the wwe and calling it the rape company every chance you get in the thread about loling at the wwe's follies

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my important matter is being drowned out by this other stuff. i'm through with trying to get my way, but know this: (next post. please say something really wise)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's always a good idea to pay off your credit card the day after the due date in full. That way the apr doesn't kick in and you get the benefits for paying off credit.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The wwe thread has become terminally Resetera

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its basically the fate of every mock thread to become insular and weird

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

im sure the post was fine.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

There should probably be a rule going forward that makes everyone state their opinions on rape before every post. I personally think rape is bad.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NienNunb posted:

The wwe thread has become terminally Resetera

rWWEstera

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The WWE thread is bad. The AEW thread is also bad, but for different reasons.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Truly the only good thread is The Greatest Match Since 2019

Currently voting is tight between Meltzer six stared, WON 2023 Match of The Year, Omega vs. Ospreay in the Dome and a hard hitting non-comedy match from DDT that Dave neither rated nor watched
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053086&pagenumber=5#post538027842

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Last time Dave watched a Harashima match it wasn't even a Harashima match, Dave just got him confused with Daisuke Sasaki on a TakaTaichi show

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Joey McChrist posted:

the aew hell thread is inclusive and cool, is what im hearing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

every mock thread becomes a self contained Games forum

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If you watch and enjoy WWE, then I've only got one thing to say to you: I'm glad you find joy in it. But I can't.

And if you call it's fans rape lovers or the entire company rape company or something similar then go gently caress yourself lol what's even wrong with you.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

every mock thread becomes a self contained Games forum

lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

in the wwe thread it was brought up that you're allowed to say wwe viewers are rape lovers, or rapist lovers because that's making fun of them. that's their burden to bear, and it's got nothing to do with me. but i need to mention it as i wanted to propose that people could sign up for a free gang tag saying "please don't call me a rape lover as i don't watch that program" or similar. that way, the few proud heroes who police those threads making all kinds of fun would know who to hurry and accuse of loving rape without accidentally creating any "friendly fire" against people who they get angry at for personal reasons. i'd like to request for myself a second tier tag above the first one which in addition to saying that i don't watch, it also says, "i don't like a single person in wwe, while you seem to love several of them." so that i get treated properly according to my station in the future. thanks very much

I hate this proposal and counter-propose that cavauro be given a fourth-tier tag above the first, second and third-tier tags. The third-tier tag will need to be invented prior to the fourth-tier tag to keep numerical consistency.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i think the current wwe thread should be gassed

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

we need to make two of them

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

one thread for, one thread against, one thread where you can discuss both sides of the issue. close aew hell to make room

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I don't think there should be more WWE threads

Maybe there could be fewer

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
there should be at least 7

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

WWE Heaven, WWE Hell, and a separate WWE thread for each realm of Samsara

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make a second AEW Hell thread where nobody is allowed to make fun of me or disagree with me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

They should make a second AEW Hell thread where nobody is allowed to make fun of me or disagree with me.

I think the only way that's gonna happen is if you start being funny again.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

seems really mean, jeff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

I think the only way that's gonna happen is if you start being funny again.

Jeff your cutting comments yesterday legitimately tanked my mood, still feeling bad today.