Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

uber_stoat posted:

goes back a-ways

label one of those arms canadian artillerists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

LuxuryLarva posted:

Wait so he thinks that the catholic church invented communism to wipe out other kinds of christianity?

the best part is, he thinks the russian orthodox church is run by the pope.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dixon Chisholm posted:

the best part is, he thinks the russian orthodox church is run by the pope.

I don't think the strips show that. Not sure what he thinks though.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

mawarannahr posted:

I don't think the strips show that. Not sure what he thinks though.

yeah, i thought it was kinda implied by the panels shown, but maybe not.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dixon Chisholm posted:

yeah, i thought it was kinda implied by the panels shown, but maybe not.

I think Lenin is supposed to be the pope's man, and has shared control over $666m with his master the pope. The Orthodox Church nicked the tsar's wallet and traded it to the Bolsheviks in exchange for being allowed to survive. Bolsheviks keep the pope's money and Nicky money, for the great win.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Those devils!

They will pay for this!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I think I'm looking at evidence that the pope invented aids but I'm not sure

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, i never realized my posts made for a good wedding present.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mawarannahr posted:

man lew is an rear end in a top hat. just let them get married wtf

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Hopefully your hat was at least, poo poo falls in warehouses all the time.

Sure, if you're not forklift-certified.

mawarannahr posted:

Marital AIDS

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lew is gonna stab them with the used syringes he was intending to put in the halloween candy

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mawarannahr posted:

this is exactly how it went down with eazy-e

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Carthag Tuek posted:

man lew is an rear end in a top hat. just let them get married wtf

I always figured Chick was a by the numbers homophobe but this is confusing - is Lew being a villain by giving two gay dudes AIDs for no good reason or is he a righteous avenger using AIDs as an instrument of god's homophobia? I've never encountered before "AIDs is a man made bioweapon spread intentionally by secretive conspiratorial actors, but as part of God's Plan for killing the gays."

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Who cares guy is in hell either way

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Tulip posted:

I always figured Chick was a by the numbers homophobe but this is confusing - is Lew being a villain by giving two gay dudes AIDs for no good reason or is he a righteous avenger using AIDs as an instrument of god's homophobia? I've never encountered before "AIDs is a man made bioweapon spread intentionally by secretive conspiratorial actors, but as part of God's Plan for killing the gays."

I don't think the dude's thoughts are that consistent or coherent. More like "Gays bad. Aids kills gays. Good."

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

I asked a friend that grew up in an evangelical church handing out that kind of trash about chick tracts, he said he never handed them out because they're too expensive. Definitely gave the impression Jack chick is more about the money than a coherent ideology.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/LizWolfeReason/status/1762810066036543788

New Yorkers put up with this poo poo? Cops just stop buses and demand proof of fares while everyone is trying to get to work?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

PostNouveau posted:

New Yorkers put up with this poo poo? Cops just stop buses and demand proof of fares while everyone is trying to get to work?

freest country in the world *people sit there and tolerate poo poo that would have north koreans beating up police officers without hesitation*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

eSports Chaebol posted:

freest country in the world *people sit there and tolerate poo poo that would have north koreans beating up police officers without hesitation*

Well, we're all afraid of the EAGLE team, you see

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PostNouveau posted:

Only the poors ride buses.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

It's acceptable collateral damage to stop turnstile jumpers harass the poor.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

It is extremely New York to spend 100 trillion dollars to make sure one black guy doesn't steal a 1 dollar bus ride.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

PostNouveau posted:

They do this in Seattle too

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It is extremely New York to spend 100 trillion dollars to make sure one black guy doesn't steal a 1 dollar bus ride.

that's an essential part of what makes it the greatest city in the world

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Schmeichy posted:

They do this in Seattle too

Not the free fares thing, even if your income is $0 it's still $1.50 a ride

Also I don't mean to shock anyone itt but the only fare enforcement ive ever seen was on the routes that goes thru the poor parts of town. Never seen one on a bus going to Tech Guy City.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hero bus driver pits squad car, demands to see driver’s badge, a warrant for the arrest of the handcuffed man in the back seat, and vaccination records for the german shepherd in the trunk.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Platystemon posted:

Only the poors ride buses.

tell me you've never lived in a real city without telling me etc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

never happened to me yet. i dunno how i would prove it with my metrocard either. its just a card with no receipts. omny is a scam deal vs a traditional monthly plan if you ride to work every day.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Loved just tossing a fistful of nickels into the fare hopper back in the day. If the driver gave you any stink eye, we'd just say "Did you see how many coins that was? Did you hear how much noise it made as the coins dropped? That's how you know I paid the correct amount."

Which was the style at the time.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

tokin opposition posted:

Not the free fares thing, even if your income is $0 it's still $1.50 a ride

Also I don't mean to shock anyone itt but the only fare enforcement ive ever seen was on the routes that goes thru the poor parts of town. Never seen one on a bus going to Tech Guy City.

They would do this on the sounder train a lot, but that's probably because the tickets cost more

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

PostNouveau posted:

There are a handful of bus lines designated 'Select Bus' where you don't pay as you enter. You either buy a ticket beforehand or use one of the tap kiosks on the bus to pay after you've boarded. So they do spot checks to try to have some kind of fare enforcement.

I mean it's still dumb and lovely and they should abolish all fares on public transit and pay for it out of existing property taxes and a new vacancy tax but lol at good things ever happening here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If the City used public funds to pay for public transit, the cops might not be able to afford a bureau in Buenos Aires. :ohdear:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://gizmodo.com/actor-from-willy-wonka-fiasco-says-ai-generated-script-1851293866

ai written wonka themed fyre festival scars scottish children

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Loved just tossing a fistful of nickels into the fare hopper back in the day. If the driver gave you any stink eye, we'd just say "Did you see how many coins that was? Did you hear how much noise it made as the coins dropped? That's how you know I paid the correct amount."

Which was the style at the time.

in my city you can just flash a page from the app that is just a timer counting down from 4 hours but sense I got a fliphone I can just flash a screenshot and they'll never notice

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Children being traumatised by an erratic and deceitful businessman using questionable technology is kind of the authentic wonka experience

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PostNouveau posted:

I believe cops are like ghosts and they just sort of do things arbitrarily.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

In all seriousness the NYPD will casually watch people commit crimes all day long without intervening and then attempt to enforce laws that were never on the books whenever they're feeling cranky, living in NYC is just treating them the way I imagine Byzantines treated the Huns.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i treat cops like horses, don't startle them and give them enough space they can't hurt me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Peanut President posted:

i treat cops like horses, don't startle them and give them enough space they can't hurt me

Waiting for the cop movie about dancing forever