Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

no such mod exists yet and not likely anytime soon unless the devs reach out an olive branch. uses wwise for audio which is really difficult to mod

T_T

writing an angry hand letter to the devs as we speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

hubris.height posted:

maybe I should check out control

it goes on sale for like 5 bucks all the time

hell I got it for free from egs

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

hubris.height posted:

maybe I should check out control

If you like weird scp poo poo then definitely check it out. Some people don't like the gameplay/shooting but I think it's fine.

The main draw is the world building and the, still to this day, insane visuals

This is when Remedy really started firing on all cylinders to create something more than just a game

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Al! posted:

sometimes the radio plays you weird vaguely threatening radio programmes instead of music, maybe they snuck some art bell in there

love that they thought of that, gotta have my radio on more now that I've fixed it's quirk

Cuttlefush posted:

yep. but not george noory. gently caress george noory

I'll drive this bitch right into an anomaly if george noory comes on

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Yinlock posted:

i keep hearing about helldivers but every screenshot/video of it i see takes place in the middle of a particle cloud where you can't see poo poo

exciting mission locales such as: blizzard, sandstorm, dust bowl, london morning

there's plenty of missions where it's clear day so you can marvel at bile titans three hundred meters from your position

in all seriousness this is part of what makes it so rad. the fog/smoke/clouds etc are dynamic, rolling in and fading out, and it absolutely makes the game feel different in a way that provides good variety when you have the occasional mission where bugs the size of small buses are bursting out of the sandstorm four meters away from you

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Oh I was wondering what fealty was talking about and somehow missed this lol.

I'm glad people have been enjoying them, it's awkward sometimes recounting both here and in the specific thread for the game but I know how much I enjoy it when other first timers in a game I like play through them so it feels nice to pay it forward.

When I play Outer Wilds it will be recounted here in loving detail, fret not

:toxx:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

SomethingBeautiful posted:

I'll drive this bitch right into an anomaly if george noory comes on

:hai:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I streamed Outer Wilds on Discord for a couple of my friends who had already played it and it was a good experience all around

They got to re-experience the game through fresh eyes (not really possible to do any other way) and I got pointers on a few parts of the game that are objectively kind of obtuse instead of having to bash my head against them

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

there's plenty of missions where it's clear day so you can marvel at bile titans three hundred meters from your position

in all seriousness this is part of what makes it so rad. the fog/smoke/clouds etc are dynamic, rolling in and fading out, and it absolutely makes the game feel different in a way that provides good variety when you have the occasional mission where bugs the size of small buses are bursting out of the sandstorm four meters away from you

making good use of fog/smoke is actually essential to moving around on helldive difficulty

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

making good use of fog/smoke is actually essential to moving around on helldive difficulty

only cleared difficulty 7 so far but I believe it. realizing that "you can leave!! - real winners quit" was pretty novel, as was realizing that those poofy smoke-seeds that launch you if you step on them are an incredible resource

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's easier now that there's 4 different game types you can play that will all level you up

yes rocket racing is 75 of my levels

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

😁🐕👍🏼🪙👟🪙🇺🇲🇺🇲

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Those loving tourists move! Scared the mother gently caress out of me holy poo poo.

I'm in love with Pacific Drive

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also my car is gorgeous

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

TontoCorazon posted:

Those loving tourists move! Scared the mother gently caress out of me holy poo poo.

I'm in love with Pacific Drive

yeah when I first encountered them I knew they were going to be bad without looking at the lore entry and they still spook the poo poo out of me during night time

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

krispykremessuck posted:

yeah when I first encountered them I knew they were going to be bad without looking at the lore entry and they still spook the poo poo out of me during night time

I didn't notice until I first entered an extra dark area and some of them creeped up on me and my car while I was getting one of those anchor things

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

TontoCorazon posted:

If you like weird scp poo poo then definitely check it out. Some people don't like the gameplay/shooting but I think it's fine.

The main draw is the world building and the, still to this day, insane visuals

This is when Remedy really started firing on all cylinders to create something more than just a game

Control was when I knew Sam Lake had some good acid.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sanlav posted:

Control was when I knew Sam Lake had some good acid.

lol

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

TontoCorazon posted:

I was one of those people because at release it felt like I was constantly getting headshotted and killed out of nowhere; they pushed a patch a little after that tweaked the default difficulty. Not sure if they made the player more damage resistant or tweaked enemy accuracy, but it made a big difference for the better cuz I wasn't going to stick with the game pre-patch. Finished it and the DLC, worth it.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

BONGHITZ posted:

balatro good. flush is for noobs though

i suck at it so much

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

TontoCorazon posted:

Also my car is gorgeous

zoinks scoob

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

I had a build where my straights got stronger every time I used one, every value could be a digit off, and I only needed four cards to make the hand and I still hosed it up! I suck!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

played some evil west. bit of a slog to start but it's pretty fun once they give you some stuff to gently caress around with. basically plays like a mostly melee nudoom. a little clunky and all the dialogue and cutscenes suck but it's nice to just have a mostly stripped down and streamlined game. the level design is pretty stupid in some strange ways, though. basically just a series of arenas with padding areas in between and occasionally a puzzle you could do while blackout drunk. probably coulda just been stripped down to only arenas and it would be more fun tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

unicorn overlord owns i have 3hrs 30 mins left on my demo game and it just keeps getting more awesome

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Al! posted:

zoinks scoob

Lol, I kinda wish it was a van now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1762503950907961816?t=sX_PIRwYSPmlqhucklqDkg&s=19

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

All my alibinauric harvesting, wasted

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

more like turdtree

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

oh good I can feel like a dumb idiot again

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

someone kindly explain the sekiro leveling system, don't make me go to the bad wiki site :saddowns:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

palindrome posted:

someone kindly explain the sekiro leveling system, don't make me go to the bad wiki site :saddowns:

you pick talents/perks in a skill-tree instead of like +vit/+dex/+int/+sex level-ups

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

ah that sounds better, just every single screenshot/video I saw was like you're playing a lovely n64 port with draw distance fog 5 inches from your face at all times

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Xaris posted:

you pick talents/perks in a skill-tree instead of like +vit/+dex/+int/+sex level-ups

wouldn't that make things more accessible since the usual souls-style leveling system explains nothing about itself

TontoCorazon posted:

Also my car is gorgeous

i'm not disagreeing but did you dismantle the mystery machine for this

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Feb 28, 2024

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yinlock posted:

wouldn't that make things more accessible since the usual souls-style leveling system explains nothing about itself

No because you can still grind levels and brute force the difficulty unlike Sekiro.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

palindrome posted:

unfortunately the guy who gave me sekiro tips just self immolated

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Everything in the dlc should just one hit kill u regardless of health pool and armor/resists

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/donbei_jp/status/1762658885494845831

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Al! posted:

unfortunately the guy who gave me sekiro tips just self immolated

your sekiro-senpai was aaron bushnell??

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

palindrome posted:

You cannot increase HP/damage with XP/leveling currency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

sekiro was extremely tightly balanced and put together. elden ring is not, I don't think this is going to work like they want it to unless they make more severe changes