Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I got direct hits on a T-34 (American) with that thing and it still spun its turret and shot me. I dropped it pretty quick.

The Type 60 SPRG is pretty solid though, kills heavy tanks like nobodies business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
got the event tank and i'd say that these events seem way easier than they used to be back in the day (when you had specific objective tasks to do for each mark). just played normally with a few extra rounds each day sometimes and got it without any struggle

the jaguar is the next event plane but i dont think ill get that

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The problem with that is that if you are playing this game every day you are already playing it more than most people play the games they love. Between the battle pass and the new event format the game is throwing too many things at players that demand their consistent daily engagement. This is poo poo. I say this as someone who loves the gameplay loop of this game, that plays more or less daily, had regularly participated in the event grindfests, and has probably put more time in this game than all other games I've played combined since I started playing it 8 years ago. This is poo poo.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
yeah they want you to open your wallet if you're not poopsocking or seal clubbing. i dont bother with the battlepass at least

going forward, i do like how they're giving a discount on the mark depending on how far you get into it, but it could be better and just a straight percentage. the ge cost is halved at 85%, but that should be linear instead

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The way they're giving out event vehicles now is waaaay better than the crafting bullshit they've done in the past.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

YF-23 posted:

The problem with that is that if you are playing this game every day you are already playing it more than most people play the games they love. Between the battle pass and the new event format the game is throwing too many things at players that demand their consistent daily engagement. This is poo poo. I say this as someone who loves the gameplay loop of this game, that plays more or less daily, had regularly participated in the event grindfests, and has probably put more time in this game than all other games I've played combined since I started playing it 8 years ago. This is poo poo.

Yup, exactly this.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The way they're giving out event vehicles now is waaaay better than the crafting bullshit they've done in the past.

Yes, the bar was in hell before.

I've got to assume they're going to be doing reruns of older event vehicles. It's insane to add 30 new event vehicles every year.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

YF-23 posted:

Exactly this. I will happily open this game up daily and play a round or two. It's a fun arena battle game. But I want to just play to enjoy a few games, I don't want to be worrying about my battle pass tasks or chasing a target score. My perfect 'gaming session' experience is a couple of rounds of WT as light entertainment and then I'll dive into some strategy game or RPG for an hour that demands a bit of concentration.

Yes I could ignore that stuff but the game pushes it in my face and literally tries hard to incentivise me not to.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
For a few years now I've only been playing enough WT to max my squadron activity, which translates to something like 30k RP over three days. With a large booster and a good match, it might take just one game. Unfortunately that style of gameplay doesn't translate into grinding event vehicles but it does preserve my sanity and allow me to have a life outside WT. If there's a vehicle I really want I might wallet warrior it but with Gaijin's current hyper focus on modern stuff I'm passing on more and more since I mainly play around 7.7-8.7.

I feel like they read that paper from a few years ago that concluded 80% of f2p income comes from 5% of your playerbase, and they really wanted to push the FOMO.

I sometimes wonder how sustainable it is to release the amount of vehicles they do, not just in total but as events, premiums, and battle pass stuff.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Or just don’t do events for vehicles you aren’t interested in. None of this stuff is close to meta defining.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

marxismftw posted:

don’t do events for vehicles

good advice thank you

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I was reading the Tank Encyclopaedia entry on the Tiger II (https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/germany/panzer-vi_konigstiger.php) and it looks like german pubbies are surprisingly accurate to german forces at this point in the war. It's a long read but worth it.

quote:

[s.Pz.Abt. 501] was reconstructed as a formation from the end of June to the start of August 1944, receiving a full complement of 45 Tiger IIs. The first use of these tanks was a disaster, however, as most of them broke down with final-drive failure on a 50 km road march from being offloaded by train at Jedreczewo on the way to the Baranow Bridgehead near Warsaw, Poland.
The unit’s first combat with the Tiger II took place on the 11th, 12th, and 13th August as part of the 16th Panzer Division attacking Szydlow. Here, final drive problems continued and only 8 tanks were operational. Three of those tanks were left burning when the unit was ambushed by one or more Soviet T-34-85s belonging to the 53rd Guards Tank Brigade near the town of Obledo. The losses were all due to the ammunition in the turret catching fire following a hit on the side of the turret. Subsequently, tanks were prohibited from carrying ammunition there, reducing ammunition capacity to 68 rounds.

quote:

It was not until the middle of August that the unit received the spare final drives they needed, but the vehicles were still misused in unsuitable terrain, leading to further losses. By 1st September, just 26 Tiger IIs remained operational. Disaster followed once more in January 1945 during an attack at Lisow conducted without adequate preparation and reconnaissance. The Soviets ambushed and destroyed almost the whole battalion by using IS tanks and concealed anti-tank guns. Nonetheless, the battalion reported destroying a number of enemy tanks during the period of contact. Its last Tiger II was lost on 14th January, when the 12-ton bridge it was crossing collapsed.

quote:

Three days later, four [Tiger IIs] supported a counterattack at Guitrancourt, where they destroyed a single M4 Sherman. One of these Tigers was then knocked out by fire from the US 749th Tank Destroyer Battalion. Two of the Tiger IIs then attacked Melier and one was lost to fire from an anti-tank gun, reducing the company strength to 12. Two replacement Tiger IIs which still had the Krupp VK45.02(P2) turrets and had been taken from s.Pz.Abt. 503 were then used to bring the strength back up to 14. One of these two replacement tanks was lost just a few days later, on 26th August, at Meulan after being hit repeatedly by enemy fire and crippled. Another Tiger II was lost when it rolled over trying to avoid an attack by Allied fighter-bombers.

quote:

On 29th August, the 1st Company was supporting a counterattack by a Luftwaffe field division in the area to the west of Magny-en-Vexin when it ran into a wall of coordinated anti-tank fire.

quote:

Several of the Tiger IIs were crippled by this fire and two, which could not be recovered, were blown up. The Tiger II commanded by SS-Oberscharführer Sepp Franzl (Tiger number 104) engaged a group of M4 Shermans of the British 23rd Hussars and was repeatedly hit in the tracks. In an effort to maneuver, the Tiger II conducted a sharp turn and the final drive failed, incapacitating the tank. The crew then abandoned the tank. This vehicle was later recovered and is now on display at the Tank Museum, Bovington.

quote:

Continual contact with the British and concentrated fire crippling the tanks had diminished the original 14 tanks to just 6 tanks after 29th August, and another was knocked out the following day along the road towards Gissors. As s.SS.Pz.Abt. 101 withdrew, another Tiger II was lost when it ran out of fuel and had to be blown up on 2nd September, leaving just 4 tanks.

quote:

On 3rd September, the unit made contact with US armored forces and reported the destruction of 2 M4 Shermans northeast of the town of Rozoy. By 5th September, down to just 2 operational tanks, one had to be abandoned near la Capelle when it ran out of fuel and it was blown up.

quote:

The Ardennes offensive began poorly for s.SS.Pz.Abt. 501 on 17th December 1944, with an aerial attack by US fighter-bombers damaging one Tiger II which later had to be abandoned. Others suffered damage to their final drives on the march to contact with enemy forces. Further air attacks took place against them the next day when crossing the Ambleve River at Stavelot. As the tanks maneuvered to safety, US anti-tank guns opened fire and one Tiger II became stuck in a building and had to be abandoned.

quote:

On 19th March, following the Soviet counter-offensive, the I.SS.Panzer-Korps, of which s.SS.Pz.Abt. 501 was a part of, had to move to meet up with Armeegruppe Balck. During that move, conducted at night to avoid enemy aircraft, several of the valuable Tiger IIs broke down or ran out of fuel. With no recovery vehicles available, these had to be blown up.

quote:

More combat followed at the end of March as delaying actions against the Soviet advance were fought, but more tanks had to be blown up during the retreat to Hainfeld-St. Veit, and only 3 Tiger IIs made it back to Germany.

quote:

In a desperate attempt to get more tanks, forty soldiers were sent to the nearby Nibelungen works to try to get six Jadgtigers operational. This effort delivered two Jadgtigers but neither was of any use: one crashed through a bridge and was abandoned, the other was then blown up to block a street as an obstacle to the Soviet advance on 9th May, as the unit surrendered to US forces around Steyr.

quote:

The whole of the [1st Company s.SS.Pz.Abt 501] was then relocated back to Schloß Holte and the single Tiger II which had been there for training was commandeered by the unit as their only tank. Deployed to the Railway Station at Kraks, three members of the crew were killed when a German soldier mistakenly attacked it with a Panzerfaust. With a replacement crew under the command of SS-Untersturmführer Buchner, the tank was made operational and sent to intercept a column of US tanks on the autobahn. Approaching the American position, the Tiger II was spotted and fired at by an American tank, which set the Tiger II on fire. As a result, the unit effectively ceased to exist.

quote:

Several vehicles were lost during these weeks of withdrawal due to mechanical failure or lack of fuel and were blown up, leaving just 14 Tiger IIs across 1st and 2nd Companies. Two more instances of the low quality of training of some of the crews occurred. One was a “friendly-fire” incident where a Tiger II accidentally fired a shell into the engine compartment of another vehicle setting it ablaze. A Tiger II tank crashed into a wheeled vehicle leading to an uncontrolled fire that lead to both vehicles being destroyed. More chaotic withdrawal followed which, along with combat, contributed to numerous serious mechanical failures on the tanks, causing the crews to blow them up.

quote:

By 1st May 1945, just 2 operational Tiger IIs remained, although every member of the crews was wounded in some way and the unit was devoid of any wheeled vehicles (all non-combat-essential wheeled vehicles were ordered blown up on 25th April and all remaining wheeled vehicles defueled on 28th April). One of these was knocked out by a Panzerfaust and the final vehicle ran out of fuel and was abandoned near the town of Elshotz. At that point, the unit effectively ceased to exist and remaining troops tried to cross the Elbe to surrender to US forces.

quote:

The first contact between [s.SS.Abt. 503] and the Soviets was also a disaster. Six Tiger IIs of 1st Company that were on a train to the Driesen Bridgehead were ordered to be off-loaded at Muckenberg. Instead, the commander kept them on the train and at Stolzenberg they were ambushed by Soviet tanks and all captured without having managed to fire a shot in anger.

quote:

On 3rd March, another disaster struck the unit when the train with some of their damaged tanks onboard derailed. The unit tried to get back onto trains at Gollnow, having lost 9 tanks due to the derailment and a subsequent enemy attack forcing tanks to be blown up. Once on the train, the vehicles were loaded with their combat tracks, rather than the narrower transport tracks and this caused a lot of damage to passing trains on their way to Pasewalk.

quote:

By 8th March, 4 Tiger IIs were deployed in the defense of Kustrin. Two suffered serious mechanical breakdowns, another hit a tree and broke down, and the fourth was mistakenly filled with engine coolant instead of petrol, meaning it had to be evacuated for repair.

quote:

A breakout was attempted on 2nd May, but it was a total shambles. The Soviet forces covered the roads and the tanks were the subject of vigorous artillery and anti-tank fire. The last Tiger II of s.SS.Pz.Abt. 503 was lost on 3rd May after becoming stuck in soft ground to the South of Perleberg.

quote:

Throughout November 1944, [s.Pz.Abt. 503] was engaged in almost daily combat with Soviet forces including some poorly directed actions conducted without infantry support or at night, but it still fought stubbornly against the advancing Soviet armor. During this time the unit claims to have destroyed dozens of Soviet tanks although the advancing Soviets would be able to recover any knocked out tanks. The Germans, on the retreat, were forced to blow up their own tanks which became stuck or otherwise immobilized, and by December they were down to 40 tanks. December was much the same as November: a string of counter-attacks to temporarily blunt the Soviet advance, followed by a withdrawal to a new position. Crippled tanks were blown up and the strength of the battalion progressively dwindled with total disaster on 7th December 1944 when the repair depot got cut off and they had to blow up 8 of their own tanks. By 15th January, just 5 of the battalion’s 23 remaining tanks were operational.

quote:

[s.Pz.Abt. 505’s] first six Tiger IIs were delivered on 26th July, although 2 were immediately poached by s.Pz.Abt. 501. Of the remaining 4 vehicles, 3 caught fire during training and were total losses.

quote:

The rest of January 1945 marked a slow and steady decline in the number of tanks available, mostly as a result of maintenance issues. [s.Pz.Abt. 506] suffered its worst defeat on 5th March 1945, when US forces broke through at Kyllburg. At this time, the attacking US forces destroyed 3 Tiger IIs and the subsequent German withdrawal meant not all the tanks could be taken, meaning 5 more had to be blown up by their crews, reducing the battalion to just 17 tanks.

quote:

s.Pz.Abt. 507 was issued with 4 Tiger IIs on 9th March 1945, followed by 11 more on 22nd March. Three more came from s.Pz.Abt. 510 and another 3 from s.Pz.Abt.511, bringing the unit strength to 21 tanks. With very little time to train on the new tanks, as well as being combat-tired, the unit drove itself into an ambush by US forces in the woods around Altenbeken. There, it lost 4 Tiger Is, 3 Jagdpanthers, and 3 Tiger IIs. On 2nd April 1945, the unit attacked US forces at Willebadessen, losing 5 tanks in the process in exchange for just 5 American tanks. Another tank broke down and was lost the following day, and on 5th April another was lost to an Allied air attack, bringing the total strength of the battalion down to just 9 tanks.

quote:

s.Pz.Abt. 509 received a full issue of 45 Tiger II tanks between 5th December 1944 and 1st January 1945. By 18th January, the unit was transferred to Hungary and was attached to the 3rd SS. Panzer Regiment (3.SS.Pz.Rgt. ‘Totenkopf’). The first contact with the enemy was a disaster. Taking place on 18th January with attacks on the high ground south of the town of Jeno across a cleared minefield, the attack ground to a halt when the Soviets blew up the bridges. Twenty enemy tanks had been knocked out, but the battalion had lost 7 of its new Tiger IIs in doing so and 4 more which were damaged. Minor successes followed, with Soviet forces being pushed back until 21st January when, against the better judgment of the battalion commander, the unit was ordered by the commander of 3.SS.Pz.Rgt. to move through the south of Baraska without reconnaissance and across marshy ground. Six of the 12 tanks broke down and another was damaged by a collision with another Tiger II in the dark. By the time the unit got to Vali on this march, it was out of fuel and forced to withdraw.

quote:

The middle of March 1945 saw repair work and maintenance to bring the [s.Pz.Abt. 509th] strength up from just 8 of 31 tanks operational on 15th March to 20 operational on 18th March. More combat between the Tiger II and IS-2 was to follow on 24th March, with actions along the ridge between Mano Mjr and Istavannyr. There, the battalion lost 3 Tiger IIs to enemy fire and claimed the destruction of 16 Soviet tanks (8 T-34-85s and 8 IS-2s) but the effectiveness of the unit was over as a result. This action had burnt through the remaining stores of fuel, leaving it unable to return to Balatonfüred-Tapolca-Körmend and, as a result, 14 Tiger IIs had to be blown up. This was the single biggest one-day Tiger II loss of any unit of the entire war.

quote:

The unit stayed in almost daily combat throughout the end of March and through April 1945 but was on the defensive reduced to just a third of its proper strength. By 1st May, just 13 Tiger IIs were left operational and on 7th May, when ordered to withdraw to Kapplitz, 9 of those tanks broke down and had to be blown up. The last combat action of the unit with Tiger IIs took place of 8th May, with an evening counterattack with all 5 remaining tanks. At 2300 hours, with the attack completed, the crews blew up their tanks. The unit surrendered the next day to US forces south of the town of Kaplitz.

quote:

By May 1944, such serious problems with the mechanics of these tanks had been encountered that consideration was made to return them to the factory or just blow them up. They were not destroyed and were sent instead to the lower part of the Department of Eure-et-Loire to bolster defenses in the city against the incoming US forces. All the Tiger IIs belonging to the Panzer-Lehr Division were turned back in on 1st August 1944.

quote:

That was not the end of the story of those tanks though. Between the 13th and 18th August 1944, the Tiger II of the Panzer-Lehr were deployed in the defense of the town of Chateaudun, but other than providing significant intimidation to the US forces, proved completely ineffectual and continually broke down. The last vehicle broke down on 18th August and was abandoned.

Gaijin should implement a special super realistic historical mode where German mains do get to take their Tiger IIs against Shermans/T-34s as a matter of course, but:
  • They only have enough fuel to make it half way across the map.
  • They can't cross any bridges, and attempting to do will will collapse the bridge and take their Tiger with it.
  • Their final drives have a 33% chance of breaking down at any given time.
  • That chance increases to 66% if they attempt any sharp turns at speed.
  • Their engine deck has a 33% of catching fire at any given time.
  • Attempting to tow another Tiger will immediately break the transmission and force a repair.
  • Sufficient non penetrating hits will break the welds on the hull and force a repair.
  • Upon running out of fuel and ammo players will have to J out and blow up their tank, thus completing the usual Tiger II life cycle.
  • Spawning a second tank will only have enough fuel to make it a quarter of the way across the map.
  • Spawning a third tank will have no fuel at all.
  • Each additional spawn will have negative modifiers to crew training to represent the diminishing quality of crews at that point in time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

Another Tiger II was lost when it rolled over trying to avoid an attack by Allied fighter-bombers.

Oh poor ‘ol Tiger II thought of allied planes and died

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Tiger II really is a stark lesson in how not to build a tank.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

This is very heartening, thank you for sharing. :allears:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Promo anime body pillows are available to obtain at the moment if you fancy decorating your tank with that sort of thing. Which you absolutely should because it gets certain types of players really mad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1ax7sgw/new_body_pillows_info_cards/

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
Three things I use as decorations on all of my tanks:

- Phlydaily Baby Tigor
- Toilet paper pack
- Body pillow of appropriate nation or nearest approximation

I really wish they'd release more variations of those backpacks from a long time ago.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I really like the googly eyes but they probably draw fire

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Are the pillows supposed to appear instantly? I've clicked all those links, redeemed, and gotten to the SUCCESS page but NO PILLOWS

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The Chieftan has it absolutely right, the US could probably have done more to roll out a better (or complementary) tank than the Sherman by 1944 but first and foremost they went to war with a thing that worked and that was what matters most.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Are the pillows supposed to appear instantly? I've clicked all those links, redeemed, and gotten to the SUCCESS page but NO PILLOWS

It can take a day sometimes, but they should pop up. Gonna slap mine on like ERA.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Jumping my feet back into War Thunder for a bit, man has things changed. Radar and loving missiles?

Sweden?! :sweden:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Zsinjeh posted:

Jumping my feet back into War Thunder for a bit, man has things changed. Radar and loving missiles?

Sweden?! :sweden:

sweden's ground tree is excellent too. its good stuff.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Alchenar posted:

The Chieftan has it absolutely right, the US could probably have done more to roll out a better (or complementary) tank than the Sherman by 1944 but first and foremost they went to war with a thing that worked and that was what matters most.

Quite so - something I quite like about the Chieftain is that he talks a lot about the soft factors that really make a tank - which is something the M4 has in spades - roomy, comfortable, good visibility, easy to get in and out of, spring loaded hatches, stabilised gun, wet stowage (later on), and so forth. Its telling that every operator of the Sherman - including the Germans when they used captured examples - absolutely loved it. Add in the fact its easily upgradable and adaptable:

• 75mm not quite cutting? Throw a 76mm in.
  • Need to demolish structures? Chuck a 105mm howitzer in.
  • Don't have access to the 76mm but want to kill Tigers from really far away? Make a few modifications and shove a 17pdr in it.
  • Want to fight wars in the Middle East during the Cold War? Shove an even bigger 105mm gun in.
  • Want a heavy assault tank? No need to R&D a whole new vehicle, just shove some extra armour plate on and add duckbill tracks.
  • Want to have great cross country agility like the big cats? Throw some HVSS and wide tracks on.
  • Need to clear some mines? Have a word with General Hobart, he'll sort you out.

I would honestly call it the best tank of the whole war, and its frustrating how today so many people view it as a horrendous death trap when it was anything but. With that being said it does make a lot of Tiger/Panther players overconfident and much easier to kill, so not all bad.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

hopterque posted:

sweden's ground tree is excellent too. its good stuff.
For the most part, at least. Skip the Pvkv IV, it's utter trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9HtbGpE-zg

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 27, 2024

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I don't really think I want to play this game again until they start letting me put the anime body pillows and flashing siren decorations on my planes too.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
They should let you put anime pillows on each individual propeller blade.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Don't you just love it when you save a pubbie and they actually say thank you?

https://i.imgur.com/nRzuNXd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/WoRpeXs.mp4

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Don't you just love it when you save a pubbie and they actually say thank you?

https://i.imgur.com/nRzuNXd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/WoRpeXs.mp4

These shots are beautiful, how did you capture and export them from replay?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Drain 001 posted:

These shots are beautiful, how did you capture and export them from replay?

Thank you, I used nVidia Shadowplay to record the footage, and Shadowplay has a function that hooks into games and will capture specific moments automatically. In my case, it automatically records kills, deaths and successful point captures - thats how I got the first clip.

As for the other one, you can review any replays from your recent previous matches by selecting Community and then Replays from the main menu. You don't have to manually save a replay after a match as the game will automatically save them regardless.

From the lists on the right and left you can select any player and then use the camera options at the top to choose what kind of view you want to use.
  • 1 - Default Camera - Standard third person view locked onto the chosen player that can be rotated around using the mouse, just like in game play.
  • 2 - Player View - This only works for you and no one else, this camera follows your inputs from the match exactly and allows for an exact replay from your perspective.
  • 3 - Operator View - Slow camera rotating at distance around the player vehicle.
  • 4 - Flyby View - Panning shots at varying distances. Looks very cool but hard to capture a specific moment.
  • 5 - Wing View - Various fixed views from different points relative to the player vehicle, either looking forward or rearward.
  • 6 - Gun View - First person view like a gun camera.
  • R - Random camera - Does what you expect. Not particularly useful.
  • F - Free camera - Not locked to a player vehicle and you can fully control panning and elevation. Useless for planes but helpful for tanks.
  • C - Chase camera - poo poo. Like the default camera but much further out.
  • A - Attached camera - A bit like the wing view.
  • H - Hover camera - Fixed camera view in one spot. Not particularly useful.

Some camera modes like 3, 4, 5 and 6 have multiple options that you can cycle through by clicking the number over and over again. Its then just a matter of manually recording the segment you want to use in the reply once you've found the camera you like.

The second clip was from the default camera locked onto the Fw 190 which I was manually aiming to keep the P-63 in view. Some examples of the same scene with different cameras:

This is a wing view looking rearward locked onto the Fw 190.

https://i.imgur.com/vobaxWz.mp4

This is a wing view looking forward locked onto my Bf 109.

https://i.imgur.com/YTr5OD2.mp4

This is a gun cam view from my Bf 109.

https://i.imgur.com/CGqMv6b.mp4

Lord Ludikrous fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 1, 2024

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Thank you, I used nVidia Shadowplay to record the footage, and Shadowplay has a function that hooks into games and will capture specific moments automatically. In my case, it automatically records kills, deaths and successful point captures - thats how I got the first clip.

As for the other one, you can review any replays from your recent previous matches by selecting Community and then Replays from the main menu. You don't have to manually save a replay after a match as the game will automatically save them regardless.

Thank you for this, I'll have to go back and make a better .gif of my tunnel bombing run. :D

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Please post more gifs and sick owns, I had to sell my gaming pc and cannot get my War Thunder fix otherwise :(

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Enjoy me minding my business with two guys kamikazeing behind

https://i.imgur.com/nhEgQIi.mp4

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Negostrike posted:

:discourse:

'Toe Pick'

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Negostrike posted:

classic

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I just unlocked the Mig-23M in the Russian tech tree, what an incredible piece of crap to start off with. A pair of R13s that tech up into R-3S's - wow! I tried to get bombs for bases to tech up faster, only to discover this 11.0 plane doesn't have a CCIP for bombs, either. And 12 flares, only if you bring the center pod!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mae posted:

I just unlocked the Mig-23M in the Russian tech tree, what an incredible piece of crap to start off with. A pair of R13s that tech up into R-3S's - wow! I tried to get bombs for bases to tech up faster, only to discover this 11.0 plane doesn't have a CCIP for bombs, either. And 12 flares, only if you bring the center pod!

The R-60Ms are good and R-23Rs are pretty funny in a full downtier, for high-flying headons. Your MTI radar mode is basically PD
Not really a good plane though

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Having those would at least make this thing somewhat tolerable! Its just a shock going from the Mig-21SMT, an agile, competitive plane with good coutermeasures and R60s, to something that feels like it's out of 9.0 stock.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://youtu.be/N3VJWPkXTwk?si=i5eeJcDDiX1V6Jgn

My greatest achievement in WT is living through this even as broken as my plane was.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://youtu.be/N3VJWPkXTwk?si=i5eeJcDDiX1V6Jgn

My greatest achievement in WT is living through this even as broken as my plane was.

:lol: I was expecting your plane to slide a little bit on the dirt

"The hard deck for this hop was 10,000 feet. You knew it, you broke it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

“Guys, we had to move the Kugelblitz to loving seven point oh to keep it from murdering entire teams. What if we added another pair of Mk103s?”

:catdrugs: