Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Does this mean we might get more cereal box art shows in imaginary galleries? Gosh I hope so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Does this mean we might get more cereal box art shows in imaginary galleries? Gosh I hope so

No. That was way too much effort

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

No. That was way too much effort

pretty excellent payoff tho

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MrQwerty posted:

pretty excellent payoff tho

Speaking of which, I wonder how much money he made off of his exhibitshahahahahahahah

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I think at this point Nathen's father considers him the loss leader of the family

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSinc/status/1762897307169681782

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

How is he so consistently good at picking the worst reaction gifs to get his point across?

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://x.com/nathenmazri/status/1763117000950259839?s=46&t=mzWS2vgSInnU9jlt8C3n_Q

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Shame, I came to this thread expecting Nathan to be the organizer behind the willy wonka EATS event that was entirely produced by chatgpt.

Also , enough with this "soon" crap. At this point he's doing the world harm by not launching the app. Can't he see the suffering being caused in a world where licensing doesn't matter?

I guess it's a real shame the app is as fictional as his favorite orange cat.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I close my eyes and imagine having delicious Winnie-the-Pooh waffles for breakfast at least twice a day now

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Except Eegeez doesn’t license EVENTS, Nathen. Eegeez licenses products. gently caress you.

Also wtf is that gif of Lenny kissing a cereal box with the Kellogs logo on it? How the gently caress does that equate to “boycott Kellogs”?!? Goddamn, Nathen just makes me irrationally angry.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

The Wonka debacle really IS in every thread on the forums.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Frank Frank posted:

Except Eegeez doesn’t license EVENTS, Nathen. Eegeez licenses products. gently caress you.

Also wtf is that gif of Lenny kissing a cereal box with the Kellogs logo on it? How the gently caress does that equate to “boycott Kellogs”?!? Goddamn, Nathen just makes me irrationally angry.

Actually, I should clarify that Eegeez doesn't license anything because it doesn't exist.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
You're wrong, Eegeez license dreams! Dreams of a better world, surrounded by trash IP related merchandise, food, restaurants, buildings, everything!

A true utopia for all!!!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I was googling Egeez to see how long he had been talking about it/when it was "founded" (answer: 2020) and there's some funny stuff here. Take for instance, this page:

https://www.f6s.com/company/egeez

..wherein Egeez is listed as a "Fashion company in Canada" and the tags for the company list; "Fashion, retail, media, software, net infrastructure, consumer(???) and consumer products"

There's also a rapper named Egeez:
https://www.amazon.com/Lets-Be-Clear-Explicit-Egeez/dp/B0CLZ2617B

Also whatever this horrifying poo poo is:
https://www.facebook.com/story.php/...BRUR5QuDKE&_rdr

And then I found another hidden Nathen webpage that he had someone design for him on Squarespace I guess:
https://piccolo-rose-hg7z.squarespace.com/letsentergage

...some really bizarre poo poo going on here. Have we seen this one already? It looks like a different version of the main Egeez page but it's all something of a blur in my head. His insanity tends to repeat itself a lot so I can't be sure what we've seen before and what's new.

Anyway, Eegeez was founded 4 years ago and still doesn't sell anything, do anything or exist in any way outside of Nathen's endless self-fellating blog posts across dozens of industry e-zines.
~fin~

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Uh oh. Some bad (hilarious?) news for Nathen. It appears Egeez the rapper has existed since 2015 meaning he holds the rights to the name Egeez making Nathen's Egeez...counterfeit?
Goddamn this is too loving funny.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey that Lets Entergage page mention it's all based on dreams! As always my insane ramblings come true!

Also love how the insights page on that is just five minutes of randomly googled real estate and marketing states copy and pasted onto a cheap late 90's webpage.
I'm always amazed at how good sites like this can be at telling you nothing. The real pro move is to make all the navigation links sound like they should explain things, but have each lead to a page, which while is exactly what the navigation link says it would be, still tells you absolutely nothing.

You got to keep re-building that hope before dashing it again.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

Hey that Lets Entergage page mention it's all based on dreams! As always my insane ramblings come true!

Also love how the insights page on that is just five minutes of randomly googled real estate and marketing states copy and pasted onto a cheap late 90's webpage.
I'm always amazed at how good sites like this can be at telling you nothing. The real pro move is to make all the navigation links sound like they should explain things, but have each lead to a page, which while is exactly what the navigation link says it would be, still tells you absolutely nothing.

You got to keep re-building that hope before dashing it again.

Zero chance he's making any of these webpages himself. He's doing exactly what he did with his "podcast" where he's going on Fiverr and paying someone to design him a webpage. Maybe he occasionally forgets he's already done this before which results in duplicate webpages (lol) because the content is relatively similar to the one with the big AI Art buildings.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Honestly I think Nathen is so pro-AI because he's indistinguishable from an LLM himself. The word order is sound but nothing he says has any thought or meaning behind it. No consistency between ideas or conversations. Just dribble that resembles human communication.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Peanut Butter posted:

Honestly I think Nathen is so pro-AI because he's indistinguishable from an LLM himself. The word order is sound but nothing he says has any thought or meaning behind it. No consistency between ideas or conversations. Just dribble that resembles human communication. incredibly lazy and wants money for doing nothing.

ftfy. Also AI is a hot topic business buzzword right now and that dude loving LOVES buzzwords.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Frank Frank posted:

Uh oh. Some bad (hilarious?) news for Nathen. It appears Egeez the rapper has existed since 2015 meaning he holds the rights to the name Egeez making Nathen's Egeez...counterfeit?

Oh my god

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Judging by how long these sort of buzzwords remain the hottest topic, we still got like six to none more month or AI being everything.

It will probably stay around a bit longer then other buzzwords as I think this one landed particular hard with the corporate types as if you squint through corporate management eyes it does seem to be offering you a chance to fire like 99% of people in any particular organisation if they can just get it right.

Unlike things like block chain and cloud, this one is much easier for management types to actually visualize how it can make them a poo poo load of money (basically by being a genie that wrinkles it's nose and magically solves all problems).

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

I don’t think that matters though. I thought as long as two things operate in wildly different markets where there is no possible confusion from overlap then multiple things can legally be named the same thing. A rapper and a vaporware VC scam don’t seem to have much possibility for confusing the two.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
.... but if they could be combined, it could be the next Amazon!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

david_a posted:

I don’t think that matters though. I thought as long as two things operate in wildly different markets where there is no possible confusion from overlap then multiple things can legally be named the same thing. A rapper and a vaporware VC scam don’t seem to have much possibility for confusing the two.

Well, also consider that Nathen is a weirdo so the rapper could potentially make an argument that Egeez, the everything app damages his brand or w/e. Funnier still that this information would likely make Nathen flip his poo poo because he doesn't really understand how anything works.

E: Also also nothing matters because Egeez is imaginary, will never make any money and the only people who know/laugh about it are people who follow Nathen's escapades anyway.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 29, 2024

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
have you ever been over to your friend's house to play
and their licensed merch just ain't no good?
i mean the garfield's shoddy, the snoopys are smudged
and the tweety bird's made of wood

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Quick someone message the rapper and tell them not to travel to Dubai lest they find himself in the middle of a very poorly thought out and orchestrated assassination attempt!!!

*(please no one actually contact the rapper telling them this.)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

dr_rat posted:

Quick someone message the rapper and tell them not to travel to Dubai lest they find himself in the middle of a very poorly thought out and orchestrated assassination attempt!!!

*(please no one actually contact the rapper telling them this.)

Guy's doorbell rings and when he opens the door, it's someone in a giant plush Garfield suit with a chloroform rag.
Oh geez!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
phucket, it's not like i'm getting any anyways

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mozi posted:

phucket

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was this one written by AI?

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSinc/status/1763192695952957474

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

dr_rat posted:

Judging by how long these sort of buzzwords remain the hottest topic, we still got like six to none more month or AI being everything.

It will probably stay around a bit longer then other buzzwords as I think this one landed particular hard with the corporate types as if you squint through corporate management eyes it does seem to be offering you a chance to fire like 99% of people in any particular organisation if they can just get it right.

Unlike things like block chain and cloud, this one is much easier for management types to actually visualize how it can make them a poo poo load of money (basically by being a genie that wrinkles it's nose and magically solves all problems).

Meredith Whittaker who's president of the Signal messaging service had a really great article a few months back outlining how the desire for cheap, pliant labor means that "AI" as a generic concept is inherently something that capitalists will always jump at:

https://logicmag.io/supa-dupa-skies/origin-stories-plantations-computers-and-industrial-control/

The technology being called "AI" this go-round clearly can't fulfill its hype, much like blockchain, but ideology means it's automatically going to get buy-in.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

It must kill him that the knockoff Willy Wonka misadventure has inspired more entergagement and media attention than GarfieldEATS ever did.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Blue Moonlight posted:

It must kill him that the knockoff Willy Wonka misadventure has inspired more entergagement and media attention than GarfieldEATS ever did.

They didn't even TRY to be LICENSEES

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

MrQwerty posted:

They didn't even TRY to be LICENSEES

Maybe they did it’s not like you can actually buy a license from egeeze.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Once again, Egeez licenses PRODUCTS and not events. Also am I going crazy or did Egeez used to be spelled, “Eegeez”?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This has been mentioned in the thread before, but there's also a Tucson sub sandwich chain named eegee's that's existed for decades that's far more likely to be a copyright issue for him than an underground rapper.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frank Frank posted:

Once again, Egeez licenses PRODUCTS and not events. Also am I going crazy or did Egeez used to be spelled, “Eegeez”?

You are going crazy.

Also Egeez doesn't license products, it allows licensees to sell products through a third party platform that verifies they are real licensees and does nothing else.

It may also be doing something with real estate and experiential marketing. Hard to tell.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fuEgeezi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Hello Garfriend! I have a very good avatar to purchase for a lucky person! If you wish to become fully entergaged let me know! #avatar #garfield #isreal #oliviarodgrigo #farm2plate