Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Martman posted:

more ad spam? I think this account's been hacked yall

Сaruto Yahtzee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Martman posted:

more ad spam? I think this account's been hacked yall

⬆️⬇️➡️⬅️⬆️

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao I'm trying a solo hardcore run of Remnant 2 and the game bitches at you if you dashboard to avoid death and actually keeps an onscreen stat (invalid exits) to catalog your shame. gently caress you game, I just want the ring I get from completing Yaesha.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao I'm trying a solo hardcore run of Remnant 2 and the game bitches at you if you dashboard to avoid death and actually keeps an onscreen stat (invalid exits) to catalog your shame. gently caress you game, I just want the ring I get from completing Yaesha.

It’s right to do so.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Frank Frank posted:

Skill issue.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
dark souls trolls you by making you watch yourself die again if you ragequit

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Got SAW up now, just started, prop bet night!

https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
was playing some elite: dangerous, thought the legends thread could use some space vibes

if you play, new update dropped. thargoid war is in the endgame phase and we can damage them now, and new ships and content are coming this year. gonna be a good year cmdrs O7

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Frank Frank posted:

respect the fact that it keeps track of your shame but does not invalidate your run

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

⬆️⬇️➡️⬅️⬆️

Everyone itt should play helldivers 2.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im playing chrono trigger on the ds

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I have some fortnite to do. End of season event is happening

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fajita Queen posted:

Everyone itt should play helldivers 2.

Every friend I see get the game I drag straight to Malevelon Creek. Its always a blast

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I've just about finished elden ring but I gotta beat Malenia. Then they'll allow the dlc to be released

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Every friend I see get the game I drag straight to Malevelon Creek. Its always a blast

Space Vietnam truly is a place, thank you for your service fellow Citizen.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im playing chrono trigger on the ds

Way to brag, moneybags

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dandywalken posted:

Too soon :negative:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Heath posted:

Way to brag, moneybags

the ds is very easy to mod you can download and install any ds or 3ds you desire with a few simple clicks...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm playing Balatro and slowly becoming less rear end at it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm playing Balatro and slowly becoming less rear end at it

It rocks

Realizing I could change the order which my cards played took me too long

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Heath posted:

Skill issue.

Oh yeah absolutely but also the game really isn’t meant to be played solo especially at the higher difficulties. You can compensate for this by using a non-hardcore character who already has gear/traits unlocked but starting off in hardcore nightmare is just loving brutal. My solo Apocalypse (non-hardcore) run is going fine with my main guy who has most everything unlocked.

Thing is, in hardcore if you get an aberration or boss early on with the wrong affixes (clones, regenerator, displacer) you’re just fuckin’ dead. Most of the time, you won’t get the chance to dashboard.

Definitely made me change my play style up. Feels weird being defensive in this game but the minute you hear the aggro warning play, I back up and start looking for a good place to fight. Running engineer with the Blackmaw and the sub machine gun you can unlock at the start. Just managed to scrounge up enough money to buy a 2nd archetype and I figure I’ll run challenger for the armor/weight reduction bonuses since I’m used to light armor and even med rolling is throwing my dodging off. Also had to learn to be careful with what I upgrade and when because upgrading (especially weapons) ramps the difficulty. I tried challenger main for a bit but even with the free revive every 10 minutes I felt like I was lacking offensive options.

SirSamVimes posted:

respect the fact that it keeps track of your shame but does not invalidate your run

As for why I’m doing this, there’s a ring you can only get for clearing a certain area on hardcore nightmare that I desperately want for a couple builds I want to try. It’s the easiest zone to do this in too because you don’t have to fight the final boss at all if you don’t want to but just getting there solo is proving to be a serious challenge. I’m actually digging it. Could do without the bullshit deaths and the downtime where you have to re-equip starting over but otherwise it’s fun.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 28, 2024

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Oh yeah absolutely but also the game really isn’t meant to be played solo especially at the higher difficulties. You can compensate for this by using a non-hardcore character who already has gear/traits unlocked but starting off in hardcore nightmare is just loving brutal. My solo Apocalypse (non-hardcore) run is going fine with my main guy who has most everything unlocked.

Thing is, in hardcore if you get an aberration or boss early on with the wrong affixes (clones, regenerator, displacer) you’re just fuckin’ dead. Most of the time, you won’t get the chance to dashboard.

Definitely made me change my play style up. Feels weird being defensive in this game but the minute you hear the aggro warning play, I back up and start looking for a good place to fight. Running engineer with the Blackmaw and the sub machine gun you can unlock at the start. Just managed to scrounge up enough money to buy a 2nd archetype and I figure I’ll run challenger for the armor/weight reduction bonuses since I’m used to light armor and even med rolling is throwing my dodging off. Also had to learn to be careful with what I upgrade and when because upgrading (especially weapons) ramps the difficulty. I tried challenger main for a bit but even with the free revive every 10 minutes I felt like I was lacking offensive options.

As for why I’m doing this, there’s a ring you can only get for clearing a certain area on hardcore nightmare that I desperately want for a couple builds I want to try. It’s the easiest zone to do this in too because you don’t have to fight the final boss at all if you don’t want to but just getting there solo is proving to be a serious challenge. I’m actually digging it. Could do without the bullshit deaths and the downtime where you have to re-equip starting over but otherwise it’s fun.

Heath posted:

Skill issue.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I mean yeah? I agreed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

I mean yeah? I agreed

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

challenger and handler are both really good prime archetypes for hardcore because they both have second chance passives

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Danaru posted:

Too soon :negative:

Fr. I can’t believe shits gone. Rip to all the fallen divers who gave their souls trying to liberate for managed democracy 🫡

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

It rocks

Realizing I could change the order which my cards played took me too long

Read this post and screamed.

I don’t care there was no way I was getting past the 300k ante 8 boss, but this would have helped.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Heath posted:

Way to brag, moneybags

Had no idea what you meant by this at first but then I looked up the price for it. I bet I could make a decent chunk of change selling my DS and GameCube games

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

⬆️⬇️➡️⬅️⬆️

Start+Select+L1+R1+L2+R2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Had no idea what you meant by this at first but then I looked up the price for it. I bet I could make a decent chunk of change selling my DS and GameCube games

There was a time my DQ4 DS box & cart could sell for hundreds. Kind of insane considering I picked it up on a whim after one of my friends suggested it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
speculators have ruined retro game collecting lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SirSamVimes posted:

challenger and handler are both really good prime archetypes for hardcore because they both have second chance passives

The dog dies too quickly on Nightmare. Challenger is my current 2nd favorite but the engineer turret is just too drat versatile.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

We need to destroy them.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It's funny seeing that brain poison spill out into recent game collecting too. Saw some screens from some convention where people were selling rated copies of TOTK (like a month after it released) for 200+ dollars lmao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Physical games are just going to become like LPs where they make them as luxury items for collectors. I shant buy them.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's funny seeing that brain poison spill out into recent game collecting too. Saw some screens from some convention where people were selling rated copies of TOTK (like a month after it released) for 200+ dollars lmao.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

My sealed copy of Bratz Diamondz for the DS will pay for my kid's college tuition

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
during the pandemic loose copies of mario 64 shot up to nearly 50 dollars

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nes/mega-man-5-screw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
My brother collected games before the collectors made it harder. He has poo poo like Rule of Rose, Steel Battalion and several bookshelves full of retro games. But then he had kids and stopped caring about any game that's not Oblivion

He met his wife because they loved oblivion and they both play it way too fast