Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The_Rob posted:

Run the jewels always struck me as Reddit rap.

no! no!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

shiksa posted:

i think the maddest ill ever be about missing a show that i could have gone to is Death From Above 1979 > Queens of the Stone Age > Nine Inch Nails

i kick myself all the time, granted i was like 16 but still. three of my all time favorite bands all in a row are u loving kidding me ugh

e: IN THEIR loving PRIMES

I went to this too but by that time DFA were off the tour and replaced with How to Destroy Angels.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
As for my regret was not going to see the Prince solo piano tour where I knew someone who did go but I didn't appreciate Prince at the time.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

This is objectively one of the worst takes I’ve ever read. Chronic, chronic 2001, westside connection, fuckin Nate dogg and Warren g???

everything the east coast and south were doing at the same time was better. dr dre is one of the most overrated producers ever.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Dumbass nepo cases you can ignore got grown men saying some crazy poo poo

shiksa posted:

i think the maddest ill ever be about missing a show that i could have gone to is Death From Above 1979 > Queens of the Stone Age > Nine Inch Nails

i kick myself all the time, granted i was like 16 but still. three of my all time favorite bands all in a row are u loving kidding me ugh

e: IN THEIR loving PRIMES

This was like my second concert I ever saw and I'll still never forget this one.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Endless Mike posted:

I went to this

drat you endless mike. you have made a powerless enemy on this day. how was it?

Tampa Bae posted:

Queens of the Stone Age at their prime was when Dave Grohl decided to do the drums for Songs of the Deaf and Josh being asked in an interview if everything was "Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll?" and Josh said "Only six drugs?" because he was barely paying attention to the question. I sat by the Ocean is pretty good tho. Trent only produced the immigrant song cover with Karen O after the 90's that was good

"nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol... ohhh

- josh homme realizing he knows way more than six drugs

UnleashedDad posted:

This was like my second concert I ever saw and I'll still never forget this one.

taking body blows left and right here

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

post hole digger posted:

everything the east coast and south were doing at the same time was better. dr dre is one of the most overrated producers ever.

Jesus Christ, I guess we're in the right thread at least

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

post hole digger posted:

Absolutely not.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jesus Christ, I guess we're in the right thread at least

I mean they're not wrong... like Dre in the 90s standing up to OutKast and The Goodie Mob and Wu Tang and Nas and A Tribe Called Quest. The dirty south and easy were doing things that when I sit down and strictly against Dre and G-Funk "yeah this other stuffs better"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tampa Bae posted:

Queens of the Stone Age at their prime was when Dave Grohl decided to do the drums for Songs of the Deaf and Josh being asked in an interview if everything was "Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll?" and Josh said "Only six drugs?" because he was barely paying attention to the question. I sat by the Ocean is pretty good tho. Trent only produced the immigrant song cover with Karen O after the 90's that was good

I have a grudge against QOTSA because of Josh Homme. Kyuss was better.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don’t think ones better than the other. I think they were just going for different vibes and ideas.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bone thugs were from ohio but i think they get grouped in with west coast because of eazy e

e: what is this thread about again

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

outkast clears

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MassRafTer posted:

Getting into RTJ in TYOOL 2024 would be a funny thing to do.

For someone who's barely keeping up with this conversation: why?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Vandar posted:

For someone who's barely keeping up with this conversation: why?

Killer Mike released a very meh to bad album, which hilariously won Best Rap Album at the grammes passing off Tracis Scott fans going "who the gently caress is Killer Mike", that included songs defending his landlordiness. Also some of his more out there political views about cops (complicated given he wrote sone of the biggest anticop anthems ever but his father was a cop and hes very much not abolishinest), guns and abortion moved from subtle to obvious as he wants to be the Mayor of Atlanta.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lid posted:

Killer Mike released a very meh to bad album, which hilariously won Best Rap Album at the grammes passing off Tracis Scott fans going "who the gently caress is Killer Mike", that included songs defending his landlordiness. Also some of his more out there political views about cops (complicated given he wrote sone of the biggest anticop anthems ever but his father was a cop and hes very much not abolishinest), guns and abortion moved from subtle to obvious as he wants to be the Mayor of Atlanta.

There's also that clip going around recently where Mike's talking to a bunch of kids and a little Black kid said "I want to be President!" and Mike goes "Have you thought about reasonable goals? Who knows what a carpenter is?" I'm a fan of the skilled trades but it came off very weird.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Killer Mike acting like a Melvin is one thing but it has been 12 years since we got a solo EL-P record and he is in danger of losing the title of EL-P to that wrestler guy. For some of us our reasonable childhood goal was to run a Stepfather Factory so we need more output.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

As a nola boy ill always pick cash money Inc and no limit soldiers over all. But chronic 2000 is still one of my favorite albums.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

MassRafTer posted:

Killer Mike acting like a Melvin is one thing but it has been 12 years since we got a solo EL-P record and he is in danger of losing the title of EL-P to that wrestler guy. For some of us our reasonable childhood goal was to run a Stepfather Factory so we need more output.

For My Upstairs Neighbor (Mums the Word) is a masterpiece and I'll Sleep When You're Dead might be my favorite rap album title ever. You're right, El better put some solo stuff out

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Shard posted:

As a nola boy ill always pick cash money Inc and no limit soldiers over all. But chronic 2000 is still one of my favorite albums.

Juvenile's 400 Degreez and the Hot Boys Guerilla Warfare albums are legit all time bangers and stay in my dirty south rap playlist rotation

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

When did Heyman work for Murdoch?

He did a video series called The Heyman Hustle for The Sun and the New York Post.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/bigken1potter/status/1762624647449793000?s=20

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Is this a broken markov chain

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this account is a goldmine

https://x.com/bigken1potter/status/1762504717194744089?s=20

i hate cheeseburgers do i put up with them sure

https://x.com/bigken1potter/status/1761801060178436105?s=20

https://x.com/bigken1potter/status/1762548571767718084?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ugh I came up with counter points and was about to type them out but then was just like no no he's too dumb. Just move on lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/fadeawaymedia/status/1762661566737006653?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

Shawn Spears is about to move the needle and take AEW down.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the lower midcarder will destroy tony

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony’s house of cards is beginning to collapse

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

They signed Jade and have done nothing with her.

They signed Andrade and have done nothing with him.

They signed CM Punk and he has boneitis.

They signed Shawn Spears and lol.

Beepie is their one AEW to WWE success story and thats by literally default and hes still outclassed by his former valet both in ring and on the microphone.

Well that and Cody who is an actual success story except they keep footballing Charlie Brown and he is a loser when they had the worlds easiest lay up for two straight years.

Fake edit: while checking this i did a google on AEW to WWE names and there were seven but three were never signed to AEW - Blair Davenport/Bea Priestley whose AEW career was giving Britt Baker a concussion and being upstaged by her old tag partner Jamie Hayter, Nathan Frazer/Ben Carter who had some great AEW showcase losing matches but never signed and everyones forgotten and he looks like hes aged a hundred years and is still in developmental, and Cora Jade/Elayna Black whose ACL just exploded. TK dodges bullets like a man possessed.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shawn Spears vs Beepie would have been an okay Dark: Elevation main event. But now? It's the stake throught he heart that will finally kill the wicked vampire known as Tony Khan.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgEa3dizcWQ

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Run it back at Mania, let HHH cook.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I had forgotten Spears’s brief foray into having a loaded driving glove.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Tampa Bae posted:

Oh, sorry to all the Nelly and Pitbull fans out there

Please listen to some Scarface.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Lid posted:

They signed Jade and have done nothing with her.

They signed Andrade and have done nothing with him.

They signed CM Punk and he has boneitis.

They signed Shawn Spears and lol.

Beepie is their one AEW to WWE success story and thats by literally default and hes still outclassed by his former valet both in ring and on the microphone.

Well that and Cody who is an actual success story except they keep footballing Charlie Brown and he is a loser when they had the worlds easiest lay up for two straight years.

Fake edit: while checking this i did a google on AEW to WWE names and there were seven but three were never signed to AEW - Blair Davenport/Bea Priestley whose AEW career was giving Britt Baker a concussion and being upstaged by her old tag partner Jamie Hayter, Nathan Frazer/Ben Carter who had some great AEW showcase losing matches but never signed and everyones forgotten and he looks like hes aged a hundred years and is still in developmental, and Cora Jade/Elayna Black whose ACL just exploded. TK dodges bullets like a man possessed.

Jade is the funniest part of all this because she's an obvious star with a perfect WWE look and they have still not even put her in a squash match. It's been what? Six months since her "debut?"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Is this a broken markov chain

i've seen that guy in meltzer replies before. i was going to post him here but i looked at his profile and he's disabled in multiple ways and probably not worth making fun of

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

i hate the term let em cook now. hhh ruined it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Shawn spears never found a new tag partner he could count on, and the loaded glove never paid off

Neither did the Tully print manties

I hope he gets to finish the story in nxt

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

i hate the term let em cook now. hhh ruined it

Term has been dead for me since Patrick Star murdered Russell Wilson on national television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1762868352572133786?s=20